HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarred Tinordi

Old
08-14-2011, 01:27 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
I'm liking Tinordi more and more. I say if everything goes as plain, he plays with Subban in 2-3 years. In a perfect world, he's ready come camp but it's not gonna happen nor the right time, he's still maturing and learning his role.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm liking Tinordi more and more. I say if everything goes as plain, he plays with Subban in 2-3 years. In a perfect world, he's ready come camp but it's not gonna happen nor the right time, he's still maturing and learning his role.
Or Beaulieu is going to play with Subban within that timeframe.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Maybe Sheahan+ from Detroit...

Old
08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
I'm not gonna make an offer, but what would you want from the Flyers for Yemelin, Tinordi, Weber, or Diaz? Could we work something around Hartnell or Carle and picks?
How about AK + Weber + 2012 1st
for
Hartnell + Coburn

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Tinordi + 1st for Hemsky.
No. Hemsky does not bring what we need to our team, Tinordi does. Also, Hemsky is way too injury prone. No offence meant, Hemsky can be a great player when he plays, but not for a smallish team that plays big, bruising teams that like to pound people. Hemsky would not last a year in a division with a team of smurfs playing the Bruins 6 times.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
How about AK + Weber + 2012 1st
for
Hartnell + Coburn
I'm really thinking other Flyers fans won't like this, since some of us overrate Coburn. Although, another prospect like Gallagher added on would complete the deal. Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing the deal, but they think we need Hartnell for leadership or something. AK can probably do really well for us, but he isn't the type of player Hartnell is. I think some of us want to stick with the Broad Street Bullies but the NHL is different now. Coburn is a good young defenseman but we're going to have to give him a paycheck at the end of the season so this would work for me.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
I'm really thinking other Flyers fans won't like this, since some of us overrate Coburn. Although, another prospect like Gallagher added on would complete the deal. Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing the deal, but they think we need Hartnell for leadership or something. AK can probably do really well for us, but he isn't the type of player Hartnell is. I think some of us want to stick with the Broad Street Bullies but the NHL is different now. Coburn is a good young defenseman but we're going to have to give him a paycheck at the end of the season so this would work for me.
Gallagher = Future Brière...small and feisty forward. We'll keep Gallagher. But I see fair value in that trade.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Tinordi + 1st for Hemsky.
I wouldn't touch that one from the Habs point of view, while Hemsky is highly skilled (I had the Habs picking him at 7th overall instead of Komisarek back in '01 so I am a fan of his) but I don't think we have a major need for a guy like Hemsky, noth that he wouldn't help but I would hate, hate to give up a 1st for this years draft and I don't think the Habs are in any position to move Tinordi as they have a very soft D as it is and don't have much in the physical department among their prospects.

Quote:
I'm not gonna make an offer, but what would you want from the Flyers for Yemelin, Tinordi, Weber, or Diaz? Could we work something around Hartnell or Carle and picks?
I would gladly trade Weber, and would like to see the Habs get Hartnell if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
with the signing of Cole and the emergence of pacioretty habs don't need hartnell
Come playoff time I would think the Habs could use Hartnell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Beaulieu will make the NHL before Tinordi.
Well both are '92's, granted Tinordi is 10 months older but not all that shocking since they will likely both turn pro at the same time and start their pro careers in Hamilton together. With Tinordi still adjusting to that hulking frame of his, Beaulieu could very well get the NHL first but since it's not a race I'm glad to have both.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Nice to know we have a deal. You call Holmgren, I'll call PG and we can get it done tonight! Lol. Pleasure chatting with you.

Old
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
neofury*

Would not trade either of them. Both will likely be huge for us.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

2nd round pick.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:47 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Lol, "leadership or something".

Try size and grit. We want to keep him for the same reason Montreal wants to acquire him.

Hartnell isnt a very valuable player, but he provides a lot of unique qualities. He's more valuable on the Flyers roster than he is in a trade proposal.

Trade Hartnell and the Flyers will have no player who has what it takes to stand in front of the net to create space for a guy like Giroux or Briere.

I agree, that proposal is close to fair value, but like I said, Hartnell is more valuable on the roster than he is in a trade. You dont trade guys like that. There's a reason why teams like Montreal are interested in Hartnell. And it's not because he has a ton of talent.

EDIT: As for Tinordi, his value isnt at it's highest right now. After his rookie season I could see him being dealt. I dont see him having much more potential other than a bottom pairing guy so when he steps into the NHL game, barring a disastrous year, people will have an inflated estimation of his potential, imo. Habs would be best off holding onto him until then I think.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
No reason to move Tinordi. His value is not what it could be, so moving him now would be retarded. There is absolutely no reason for Montreal to take a loss on a 1st round pick so early.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
He just needs to develop a little more to learn how to use his size to an advantage and better time management and decision making.
That's like everything about playing defense.

I don't really think Tinordi is anything special.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Lol, "leadership or something".

Try size and grit. We want to keep him for the same reason Montreal wants to acquire him.

Hartnell isnt a very valuable player, but he provides a lot of unique qualities. He's more valuable on the Flyers roster than he is in a trade proposal.

Trade Hartnell and the Flyers will have no player who has what it takes to stand in front of the net to create space for a guy like Giroux or Briere.

I agree, that proposal is close to fair value, but like I said, Hartnell is more valuable on the roster than he is in a trade. You dont trade guys like that. There's a reason why teams like Montreal are interested in Hartnell. And it's not because he has a ton of talent.

EDIT: As for Tinordi, his value isnt at it's highest right now. After his rookie season I could see him being dealt. I dont see him having much more potential other than a bottom pairing guy so when he steps into the NHL game, barring a disastrous year, people will have an inflated estimation of his potential, imo. Habs would be best off holding onto him until then I think.
Well I didn't know why we needed him other than to stand in front of the net. We gained size this offseason but not grit for any of the top 3 lines. I don't think it would be too hard to get Samuelsson or someone else who is an older player who does the same thing as Hartnell does. Let's face it. Our prospect pool is weak, especially on defense so we need to do something to get young talented defensemen, and I think it could be better to get one who is partially developed.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Proof View Post
2nd round pick.
If I was another team I'd grudgingly offer a 2nd for him. Don't like him for a 1st. But from the Habs POV, they're already all-in on him, so I'd ride it out. Hope that last season was just a tough transition and that whatever they saw that made them want to trade another pick to move up and take him was real. It's premature to second-guess yourself so soon.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:45 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Well I didn't know why we needed him other than to stand in front of the net. We gained size this offseason but not grit for any of the top 3 lines. I don't think it would be too hard to get Samuelsson or someone else who is an older player who does the same thing as Hartnell does. Let's face it. Our prospect pool is weak, especially on defense so we need to do something to get young talented defensemen, and I think it could be better to get one who is partially developed.
Fair enough, but Hartnell is the only gritty presence left on our team. He may not be the most valuable player, but every team needs a guy like him.

As for Tinordi, I really dont think he's our guy. I know we need a bottom pairing guy, but we're not in a position to give anything of moderate value for a player like Tinordi who seems like a very uncertain prospect at this point. If we were serious about acquiring someone with that skill set, Colten Teubert could have very easily been a part of the Mike Richards deal, imo.

I agree, we need to expand our defensive prospect pool, but trading Hartnell just isnt the way to do that.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Come playoff time I would think the Habs could use Hartnell.
We missed our chance to get Hartnell last year; Hartnell's value was much lower last year and we could have had him as part of the package the Flyers would likely have had to pay to get Halak from us.

But, for the Flyers, Hartnell seems to be good value for Tinordi.