HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bailey for....

Old
08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
I know that it's Eklund we're talking about here, so neither Bogosian-Bailey or Komisarek-Bailey will ever happen, but I have to say that if Garth Snow ever even ENTERTAINED the idea of moving Bailey for Komisarek, if I were an Islanders fan, I'd be asking for his resignation ASAP.

I mean, I feel bad enough for Isles fans having to deal through a decade of Mike Milbury... and that deal would be like a bad sequel ("Mad Mike, Episode 2: The SNOWstorm"?) to a decade I'm sure Isles fans would love to forget.

I would rather give Bailey away for nothing than move him out only to take on Komisarek's debilitating and value-less anchor of a contract.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
It could very well be his year of redemption, it certain must if he intends to have much future at the NHL level. The problem is Toronto currently lacks a defenseman who can both cover his mistakes and compliment the style he employs, which was Markov's role. Phaneuf would be the initial go to but his lackluster defensive game would make the duo a liability more often than not. Honestly, if Schenn could develop his offense, he could make Komi good again. Just pray to god they do not match up Franson and Komi otherwise Reimer will get lit up.
They may well

I'm hoping for Franson/Gunnarsson personally. But we'll see.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
jdr016

Remember when Bailey and Comeau were in the top 10 in scoring early last year?

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
make fun of Eklund here, lol

On Komisarek for Bailey...

I have been holding out, in hopes to announce this as an e5, but my sources right now are actually getting more skeptical as the day goes by... I would put it at an e3 for now, but this really could go either way.

On Bogosian for Bailey......

One of the reasons the Komisarek deal could be moving away from the Isles may be the posiibility of acquiring Zach Bogosian instead... I may be alone here, but were I the Isles I would actually take Komisarek over Bogosian.
sources= voices in Eklund's head

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
Remember when Bailey and Comeau were in the top 10 in scoring early last year?
Those were a great 5 games haha then i remember like 22 games of nothing

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
Those were a great 5 games haha then i remember like 22 games of nothing
That was when Amac and bailey got hurt

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
ummerr

This thread is famous!

ummerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Maybe I'm just high on him because I've been a fan since his junior days, but if I were the Isles I'd rather trade Comeau to land that illusive top four defender ahead of Bailey.

Bailey's way too young, and has shown too much glimpses of what he can do (albeit sporadically), to give up on already. His combination of smarts, passing ability, and potential as a very good defensive centerman is the kind of asset that ends up biting you in the butt down the road if he's traded.
I disagree with you because Bailey can be replaced internally while Comeau cannot. In the system we have Strome, Nelson, Cizikas, and Ullstrom. There's no other RW's in the system that project to be as good as Comeau.

I'd sooner trade Bailey than Comeau.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I disagree with you because Bailey can be replaced internally while Comeau cannot. In the system we have Strome, Nelson, Cizikas, and Ullstrom. There's no other RW's in the system that project to be as good as Comeau.

I'd sooner trade Bailey than Comeau.
Not sure I agree with that. Apart from Strome (who I'll touch upon later in this post), the three guys you list don't project to be as good offensively as Bailey. Nelson perhaps has a shot, but the other two are more projected as 3rd line checking centers. So I don't really think the guys you listed (again, minus Strome) are reasonable replacements for what Bailey projects to become.

As for Strome, isn't talk that he's potentially going to move to the wing to play with Tavares? Maybe not this season, but when he cracks the NHL, it'll likely be given a trial on Tavares' wing. If that's the long-term plan, then that eliminates the one guy who makes Bailey redundant at center. And that's only IF Strome pans out as expected. If he struggles as much as Bailey has, then what?

I also put a lot of weight in strength down the middle. I don't think you can ever be too stacked at center; you can always move one or more of those centers to the wing. But it's not quite so easy to move a winger to center and have him become an effective centerman. Which is why, even if their potentials are equal, I'd still put a higher premium on Bailey over Comeau.

Time will tell though. I just think trading Bailey will end up being one of those moves that years down the road Isles fans will bemoan. I don't think the same risk is there in dealing Comeau.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Midna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummerr View Post
This thread is famous!
"I know he's ********, but I keep getting excited in a way, and I know I shouldn't do that to myself." that's just how I feel!

Midna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
scott99

As far as Strome possibly failing like Bailey, yeah, there is that possibility. But the difference between Strome and Bailey is, Strome has more confidence in his pinky, than Bailey has ever had in his whole body. Strome is borderline cocky. Also, I think Strome is way more talented than Bailey, better hands, better speed, just overall more talented, and he knows how talented he is.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 01:11 AM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
That was when Amac and bailey got hurt
and jurcina, who was playing like a top shut down dman in the league before injury

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 01:59 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Bailey to Phoenix for Stempniak, Pyatt, Connor Murphy, Alexander Ruuttu, Philip Lane and Nick Ross.

The old six for one deal we see go down on a regular basis. Haha.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:18 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Bailey and 2013 1st Round Draft Pick for Sekera and Ennis ?

Crazy? Yes
Absurd? Yes
Realistic? Maybe?
Overpayment from Buffalo? Ill let HF be the judge of that

Enjoy

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:24 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY