HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Uncle Stan spoke with Torts

Old
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Pidto was a solid pickup, he has a good background across the board in sports. He gives MSG a little more credibility when they do their sports shows.
Something about his presentation/delivery annoys me. Same thing goes with Giannone... They know how to speak in front of the camera, they are just annoying to listen to.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Rangers1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
first step ... insert hot chick.

I hate that ***** who does the "10 to 1" shows. She's way too annoying. I mute her until they show the highlights. She is hot though.

Rangers1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Part 2

Quote:
"We're up to the next step in the process," John Tortorella told The Maven in an exclusive interview for MSG.com. "We'll be very young -- especially on the back end -- but these are guys we can mentor. I really liked last year's team; liked the way they handled themselves.

"And now we have Brad Richards and a healthy Marty Biron who's ready to go. Before he got hurt last season, Marty played very well for us. I'm expecting him to start in goal for sixteen to twenty games. And that will allow Hank (Lundqvist) to stay full of juice."
Quote:
MICHAEL DEL ZOTTO: "It's our responsibility as coaches to push players and, if they're down, to build them up; and that's what we have to do with Michael. This is going to be a big camp for Michael -- and me. We are in the process and going forward. He's a very talented player but he must understand what it means to be a pro. We are here to help him."
http://www.msg.com/blogs/stan-fischl...part-2-1.71787

Torts really likes Rupp.

Expecting big things from AA.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I know some are not big Torts fans, but I gotta tell ya: This guys sounds like he really wants to win in NYC. I like that a lot.

08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I know some are not big Torts fans, but I gotta tell ya: This guys sounds like he really wants to win in NYC. I like that a lot.
Yeah, right... Every august I hear that.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:32 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I am pleased with the way Torts has molded his personality to fit the team over the last couple of years.

I must say I really couldn't stand his constant incessant screaming for what sometimes appeared to be no valid reason.

I like that he has really toned it back and is now taking on a somewhat more humble approach to molding the young team. At the same time he still expects results and isn't afraid to bench people that aren't preforming.

Still can't say I'm a big fan of his line juggling, but I think he understands what it takes to win and I'm happy that he's the coach of the team right now.

08-16-2011, 04:51 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I am pleased with the way Torts has molded his personality to fit the team over the last couple of years.
Early in the Slater's regime there was a lack of a long term cohesive vision and direction. Since this latest round of changes that consistency has been brought in and sticking to a winning strategy has been the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
The entire MSG Broadcast needs an overhaul.
I'll give that a HELL YEAH!!!

We can't steal Strader & Panger and get Deb Placey to replace Al Trautwig who's a cocky mofo (I'll never forget when he got caught on camera yelling at a fan and being a total jerk).

We need more hockey dedicated people, not sports generalists like Al and Sam. Though I've got nothing against Sam, he's the last guy that needs to be changed.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 05:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Trautwig, Sam, and JD were the classic 3 man combo. We really just need JD back and all the other guys demoted to random tasks.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Trautwig, Sam, and JD were the classic 3 man combo. We really just need JD back and all the other guys demoted to random tasks.
Agreed. I know a lot of people don't really like Trautwig, and I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but there was something special to tuning in to MSG at 6:30, hearing that epic "Rangers Game Night" intro music and Al's voice. He's got a great voice for TV, very few things would get me pumped up more before a game.

God, I wish MSG would bring this back...

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
broadwayblue

Bostonians had to wait a good thirty-nine years before their Bruins finally turned that corner last June. And any Rangers fan with a passing grade in arithmetic can tell you it's now seventeen semesters since Mark Messier set new grinning records while hauling Lord Stanley's pewter around The Garden.

lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Too much hate going on in this thread.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I remember when the Rangers got Fleury Stan said "the rangers will win the Cup this year guaranteed"

Then when we got Gomez, "The Rangers are going to win the Cup this Year, Guaranteed" lol

this guys is a tool
He sounds like the coach of the Jets.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Fischler is like the battle axe grandpa that sits at the dinner table and says outrageous things, and you just say "ok grandpa whatever". As for the rest of MSG, the "sports archaeologist" has to go, Giannone is a total clueless yes man cheerleader tool who annoys me to no end, Joe M is ok but sometimes makes it seems like every player's a hall of famer and has won ten cups. Bill Pidto I'll live with, he has worked for ESPN so he's got some credibility.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Real Four
Be A Ranger

Stan should stick to doing shows about trains and the subway, something he knows a little about

Pidto comes off as a snake to me imo, not crazy about giannone although he grew on me a little bit last year

Al is at this point an institution although I do feel like hes a much bigger knick honk than the rangers, which i don't like

Real Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 09:33 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Four View Post
Stan should stick to doing shows about trains and the subway, something he knows a little about

Pidto comes off as a snake to me imo, not crazy about giannone although he grew on me a little bit last year

Al is at this point an institution although I do feel like hes a much bigger knick honk than the rangers, which i don't like

BINGO. Trains, planes and automobiles is his gig. Hockey has passed him by

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

All I still want to know is how Gretzky tapes his stick...we were never told and that irks me...bad reporting imho

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 11:22 PM
satrabyk

Joe Mich does not have much knowledge of the game, his insights are very weak. I mean hes a real homer and will never say bad things about a guy like Drury for exp even when everyone could see he was a goner. He talks as if the people watching are 5 year old kids who have never watched a game. Id love it if he was replaced but i like Sam and think he should stay even if he does Football on Sunday, its a break but hes still committed to the NYR.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:04 AM
94Obsession

Can't we have this MSG back?

Back when a time at MSG and in MSG they truly were "the best in the game".

I wonder how many grey hairs Bob Page would cause Jim Dolan to have nowadays. As Bob Page pulled no punches with anything and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

But obviously this was a different time, and when MSG wasn't owned by Jim Dolan. It was when MSG was actually a GREAT network, and you heard unbiased opinions and straight-up no punches pulled, sports talk and coverage. Those were the days indeed.

If i'm in charge of MSG, I either clean house, or I tell these guys to just be themselves and be honest on-air. We certainly don't know if John Giannone was ever good at what he does or if Al Trautwig is good at what he does anymore because Jim Dolan owns or is in charge of MSG and that network, so these guys aren't given the freedom to be unbiased and honest about their opinions about the on-ice, on the on-court products and the teams themselves.

It all starts at the top, and Jim Dolan is the main reason that MSG and the network is no longer what it once was and a shell of it's former self.

Last edited by 94Obsession: 08-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
94Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:15 AM
94Obsession

How do you embed videos in your post? lol..... Just wondering.

Old
08-17-2011, 04:18 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Obsession View Post
How do you embed videos in your post? lol..... Just wondering.
Just take the part after the '=' sign.

Just an example, to embed this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjb1FgSiWkM

You would take Yjb1FgSiWkM and put it in between [*yt][*/yt] (Without the stars)

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:20 AM
94Obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Just take the part after the '=' sign.

Just an example, to embed this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjb1FgSiWkM

You would take Yjb1FgSiWkM and put it in between [*yt][*/yt] (Without the stars)

Thank you so much!!!

Old
08-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Fischler is like the battle axe grandpa that sits at the dinner table and says outrageous things, and you just say "ok grandpa whatever". As for the rest of MSG, the "sports archaeologist" has to go, Giannone is a total clueless yes man cheerleader tool who annoys me to no end, Joe M is ok but sometimes makes it seems like every player's a hall of famer and has won ten cups. Bill Pidto I'll live with, he has worked for ESPN so he's got some credibility.
What about the sacred cow Sam Rosen? Listen, he basically started calling Ranger games when I started watching - I have a special spot in my heart for him because of that....but lets call a spade a spade here, whether it be him getting old or whatever, the guy has lost it when it comes to play by play. That, and his often times awkward repoire with Joe make the telecasts even worse.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:03 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Stan is not really a Rangers fan. He liked the islanders during their heyday and he prefers the devils now.

I have disliked him since the 80's and THN

actually I would say "profound dislike" is how I would qualify my feelings over that guy

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What about the sacred cow Sam Rosen? Listen, he basically started calling Ranger games when I started watching - I have a special spot in my heart for him because of that....but lets call a spade a spade here, whether it be him getting old or whatever, the guy has lost it when it comes to play by play. That, and his often times awkward repoire with Joe make the telecasts even worse.
If you think Rosen is bad you should watch other teams home feeds more often.

Rosen may not be the best at this point but he's top 10 in the league in announcers. There are so many downright terrible ones that people should count themselves lucky to have Sam Rosen calling Rangers games.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If you think Rosen is bad you should watch other teams home feeds more often.

Rosen may not be the best at this point but he's top 10 in the league in announcers. There are so many downright terrible ones that people should count themselves lucky to have Sam Rosen calling Rangers games.
Only have time to watch/listen locally and Mike Emrick, Howie Rose, and Kenny Albert are all worlds better.

I'll give Sam the benefit of the doubt because hes getting older and MSG is probably the toughest place to call a game due to the proximity of the TV studio, but its been pretty cringeworthy since JD left.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote