HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers #9 in new HF organizational rankings.

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Oilers #9 in new HF organizational rankings.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

After sending Comrie, Hemsky, Semenov and some others to the NHL in the last few seasons, that's a helluva rank.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

After sending Comrie, Hemsky, Semenov and some others to the NHL in the last few seasons, that's a helluva rank.
of the playoff teams from last year, only the flyers are ahead of us ( I didn't count the caps because they truly suck and are in only because of an incredibly weak schedule, any other division and they are a lottery team)

Even the mighty sens are behind us now. Sucks to be the canucks. After looking at their list, I would be opeining the vault for bertuzzi.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Before anybody asks... I have no idea who or how the list was put together. I assume it's compiled from each team page but I honestly have no idea.

I also have still not heard any update on the reranking of the top 50 prospects.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:39 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

not too many surprises...LA at #1 makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't be surprised if they ranked #1 over here as well. well, they did use hf's name, so it must be someone from here. right?

Old
10-22-2003, 08:46 PM
FacelessButcher

I wonder if the Avalanche should be ranked 30th now after trading Johansson

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I think it's pretty solid where the Oilers are. As Lowetide said, we've sent some of THE best young kids in the game up in the last year in Semenov and Hemsky. PLUS i'm guessing that our depth isn't taken into consideration here as they only listed five guys... so who knows, maybe overall we are one or two spots higher?

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
well, they did use hf's name, so it must be someone from here. right?
Oh I know at least one of the people involved... I'm just saying I don't know who all had a say. It could have been 1 guy or it could have been a committe of which I know 1 person. But I wasn't asked. (unless my top 20 Oilers was used as a reference).

Old
10-22-2003, 09:01 PM
GorillazXL

i've always wondered how Philly manages to get higher drafts then Edmonton, like this year... I thought Carter was a great pick at 12(13) or the year they drafted Pitkanen, I thought philly finished that year strongly but some how ended up with the fourth pick to grab Pitkanen. Never the less I think Edmonton should be rated higher then the 9th Fox has them slotted at. i think 7th is a pretty show of our prospects.

GXL

Old
10-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
i've always wondered how Philly manages to get higher drafts then Edmonton, like this year... I thought Carter was a great pick at 12(13) or the year they drafted Pitkanen, I thought philly finished that year strongly but some how ended up with the fourth pick to grab Pitkanen. Never the less I think Edmonton should be rated higher then the 9th Fox has them slotted at. i think 7th is a pretty show of our prospects.

GXL
Philly made a trade at the entry draft last year with Tampa Bay to move up. This year they had Phoenix's first round pick.

10-23-2003, 12:13 AM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
of the playoff teams from last year, only the flyers are ahead of us ( I didn't count the caps because they truly suck and are in only because of an incredibly weak schedule, any other division and they are a lottery team)

Even the mighty sens are behind us now. Sucks to be the canucks. After looking at their list, I would be opeining the vault for bertuzzi.
I'm happy for the Oilers and all, and I'm barely familiar enough with the Canucks rookies, never mind the other 30 to have much of an opinion... These could be very accurate or otherwise. I'm just wondering for example why Fedor Fedorov isn't on the Canucks list, while he has almost 2 points a game. Jason King is putting up points playing on the Canucks second line and he's not mentioned either... and yet Umberger, a guy who isn't even playing get's on the list? Are stats on these players several months old? I suppose that would make more sense.

Good thing hockey is played on the ice and not on paper eh? Well, for the Canucks anyway.

As for signing Burtuzzi... I thought many felt that there was no way Vancouver would ever be able to sign him? Oddly enough it's the Sedins and King that are really shining at the moment.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:24 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
I'm happy for the Oilers and all, and I'm barely familiar enough with the Canucks rookies, never mind the other 30 to have much of an opinion... These could be very accurate or otherwise. I'm just wondering for example why Fedor Fedorov isn't on the Canucks list, while he has almost 2 points a game. Jason King is putting up points playing on the Canucks second line and he's not mentioned either... and yet Umberger, a guy who isn't even playing get's on the list? Are stats on these players several months old? I suppose that would make more sense.

Good thing hockey is played on the ice and not on paper eh? Well, for the Canucks anyway.

As for signing Burtuzzi... I thought many felt that there was no way Vancouver would ever be able to sign him? Oddly enough it's the Sedins and King that are really shining at the moment.
Once the players graduate to the bigs, they are taken off the list.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:25 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Philly made a trade at the entry draft last year with Tampa Bay to move up. This year they had Phoenix's first round pick.
LOL... I remember that one. The lightning were complaining that they couldn't afford to pay a high draft pick the rookie max...

Old
10-23-2003, 06:29 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
LOL... I remember that one. The lightning were complaining that they couldn't afford to pay a high draft pick the rookie max...
Ya, that was commical - and should/could go down as a deal that keeps there team down without a top notch Dman for a LONG LONG time. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO stupid - what they have to pay Fedotenko is probably about what they'd have to pay for Fedotenko and to sign the two second rounders!

Closed Thread