HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers Hockey Cards

Old
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
Well I have a bunch of cards and I bought a Beckett book this year. Seems the box of cards I buy for 50-100 bucks are worth 150-300 bucks.
The thing is the certified Autograph cards that most Hockey Boxes come with and the Jersey cards too.

Those are worth 10-250.00 bucks depending on who it is of course.

Buy 2005-2006 Upper Deck Be A Player hockey box. Can get it for anywhere around 125-160.00 Open all the packages, check becketts, realize you have 200-300 dollars worth of cards now.

I just bought 2000-2001 Upper Deck CHL Prospect Hockey Box. Got it in the mail today. I paid 49.99 for it. My cards are worth 174.55 Not a bad turnaround.

the Older cards suck because they dont have the autos the game used jersey cards game used stick or patch cards. Nowadays they do and they are worth alot.

Its worth it if you plan on turning around and selling it. Otherwise you have made money on your investment but you didnt turn it into cash. Ya get what I am saying?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Well I have a bunch of cards and I bought a Beckett book this year. Seems the box of cards I buy for 50-100 bucks are worth 150-300 bucks.
The thing is the certified Autograph cards that most Hockey Boxes come with and the Jersey cards too.

Those are worth 10-250.00 bucks depending on who it is of course.

Buy 2005-2006 Upper Deck Be A Player hockey box. Can get it for anywhere around 125-160.00 Open all the packages, check becketts, realize you have 200-300 dollars worth of cards now.

I just bought 2000-2001 Upper Deck CHL Prospect Hockey Box. Got it in the mail today. I paid 49.99 for it. My cards are worth 174.55 Not a bad turnaround.

the Older cards suck because they dont have the autos the game used jersey cards game used stick or patch cards. Nowadays they do and they are worth alot.

Its worth it if you plan on turning around and selling it. Otherwise you have made money on your investment but you didnt turn it into cash. Ya get what I am saying?
If your looking to increase your investment maybe you can look into grading some of your best rookie cards. One poster just stated Brian Leetch rookie is $6.00. Well if you get it graded and it comes back good (mint or better) that same card could be worth $15-$25. It's also protected in a very hard shell and numbered.

I have so many cards from the early to mid 90's, it's when I got very into the hobby. Pricing of cards boxes and packs took me out of the hobby though along with starting a family. If your still looking for certain stuff from that time i'm sure I could help you out.

One card i'm looking to sell is a game used Mario Lemieux which is #1 off the line that 50 was made. Last I checked it was value at $150.00 but since it's #1 of the print it's value is almost double.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 07:57 PM
gotmonte

yeah I was the one who said beckett says a MINT Brian Leetch Rookie Topps card is 6.00 total.

Maybe grading them would up the value but I am not selling them anyways. Making a nest egg for my daughter (shes two lol) for when I pass on she will have some cards stashed away to get a marriage going or get out of trouble or whatever it is she needs that kind of money for.

Hopefully she doesnt sell them to buy jewelry, you know women! lol

Old
08-17-2011, 08:52 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
Zuccarello ,Mcdonagh, Dale Weise and yes even Chad Kolarik made into later set releases for this year. Mcdonagh and Zuccarello will not have UD Young gun rookie cards but their rookies have made into other sets after the season ended.

10-11 sets were made by two companies this year Upper Deck and Pinnacle. Each company produces 5-8 different sets. so it get crazy fast with about a dozen or more Hockey set releases for 10-11.

There is also about 2-3 still coming.

The only Ranger rookie available right now in the only 11-12 set that has been released is Cam Talbot.

I would also be cheesed too if I got Matt Zaba, I pulled him constantly last year.
can't wait to get my hands on one of those hot tamales!!

Thanks Mouth....I'm glad Panini is back in the fold. Maybe a little competition for UD.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:58 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
If your looking to increase your investment maybe you can look into grading some of your best rookie cards. One poster just stated Brian Leetch rookie is $6.00. Well if you get it graded and it comes back good (mint or better) that same card could be worth $15-$25. It's also protected in a very hard shell and numbered.

I have so many cards from the early to mid 90's, it's when I got very into the hobby. Pricing of cards boxes and packs took me out of the hobby though along with starting a family. If your still looking for certain stuff from that time i'm sure I could help you out.

One card i'm looking to sell is a game used Mario Lemieux which is #1 off the line that 50 was made. Last I checked it was value at $150.00 but since it's #1 of the print it's value is almost double.
Yea, I have an O pee chee 8 or 9. So that's like 3 bucks. Of course that's the only set where rookie cards just happen to be worth less $ than topps back in those days. I didn't realize that at the time.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:08 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I was thinking of putting together a Brian Leetch set when I have extra funds.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:31 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

I went through some old cards, last night. I have Lindros, Jagr, Bure, Forsberg, Kariya, Federov rookies, etc.

I got back into collecting for a short time around 2001-2002. I have an Atomic Rick Nash rc, and a Kovalchuk UD Premier rc Gold Auto. And then a Spezza rc. All 3 book for like $50-$75 each, so basically I could get $15 for all of them haha.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

A word to the wise from someone who has been collecting for a long time. The prices that are listed on Beckett are nowhere near what the cards are actually selling for on places like ebay. The market for cards has been very depressed for several years and you should not expect to either get the amount listed or pay anywhere near that much either.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I bought a random pack of hockey cards a few months ago and got Artem Anisimov. Then I lost them.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:02 AM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
A word to the wise from someone who has been collecting for a long time. The prices that are listed on Beckett are nowhere near what the cards are actually selling for on places like ebay. The market for cards has been very depressed for several years and you should not expect to either get the amount listed or pay anywhere near that much either.
Yeah I hear ya. I am not selling my cards. They are for my daughter when I pass on.

Hopefully it wont be for a VEERRRY LONG TIME but whenever that day comes, hopefully she can make a buck or two off of my tedious collecting.

Old
08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Leetch66

I was able to break a Topps Tiffany set and save the Leetch Rookie for my collection as well as the other Rangers from that season . LOL...and I still have an unopened box of Canadian O-Pee-Chee from 89-90 with the Leetch Rookie & Granato ! I bet the gum would taste terrible as it was the last year for that stuff . It was a fun hobby back in the days and last night I even ordered the Sports Collector's Digest magazine after reading this thread . It has been about 19 years since I last read one .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:40 PM
gotmonte

what keeps me coming back for me are the Autographed/game used jersey patch cards.

I just bought 3 unopened boxes of Upper Deck 2009-2010 SP Authentic's. The game used cards can go as high as 400.00 and as low as 25.00 And you are guaranteed to get 3 auto cards and one auto rookie card. Well worth the money (in my eyes).

Its like a mini lottery when you open a pack and find that gem

Old
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
BringBackLibertys

Cards aren't worth poop. Don't believe anything those value books tell you. I sold my topps rookie Wayne Gretzky a few years ago when it was supposed to be worth 750, I ended up getting about 400, and it was mint. I shopped it around big time, and that was the best I could get. I am still sitting on tons of other cards, because they are just not worth selling. I have:

ALL TOPPS:

Rookie Ray Bourque (their were 2 that year, supposed worth about 80 together, you can get them on ebay for less then 20)
Rookie Brodeur (x5) (collect lots that year, red and green jersey, funny number, cant sell for crap)
Rookie Sakic - no one cares
Rookie Shanahan - again, no one cares, dime a dozen

and tons more. They just sit in boxes in my attic. Worthless....

PS: Don't even talk to me about baseball, my complete sets cost me more in the 80s then they are worth now, and they eat space in my attic.

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
stasiewich
Monahan 4 president

I can tell you as a huge collector, your not going to be happy with the amount you get if your selling on ebay, i've been collecting for many years and have every single Ryan Callahan rookie card made except for the Victory Black rookie and 1/1's, i have gotten the regular rookies for pretty cheap, but the low numbered cards are the ones that will burn a hole in your wallet quickly, for example the Callahan high gloss young guns /10 and UD ICE rc premier auto patch /10 were the toughest to find, and also the most expensive.

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Leetch66

Card Collecting

With the recent big multi million $$$ find of old baseball cards I was wondering if anyone has gone to search the attic with the hopes of finding a stash of old Ranger cards ? I think there was a thread on here once upon a time on Ranger collectors .

I used to collect a lot of Ranger stuff...but there just got to be too much and I pretty much gave it up . LOL...I suspect that cards might actually take off a bit with the hype surrounding the big attic find although I would not run out and buy a lot because of it . Looking over some old ranger cards is a great way to kill a quiet July evening and the memories just keep flowing as one looks at the cards .

Last edited by Leetch66: 07-11-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Wish I had these:

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote