HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Hockey News predicts Habs will finish 8th in East

Old
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Gainey#1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well unless Tinordi has a serious upswing in his game I am not to high on him. He didn't get PK or PP time much in London and only played less than 12 min a game in all the games I went to. He reminds me of Souray in all honesty he was not good positionaly and that says a lot on a rebuilding London Knights team.
He is 19!

Some people...

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well unless Tinordi has a serious upswing in his game I am not to high on him. He didn't get PK or PP time much in London and only played less than 12 min a game in all the games I went to. He reminds me of Souray in all honesty he was not good positionaly and that says a lot on a rebuilding London Knights team.
Well he needed to adapt to the CHL schedule, it wasn't easy. From what I heard is that he had a really hard time in the 1st half of the season and was much better later in the season. We will see this year, so far there was some good news about him in the US camp last week

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
They are not winng the Cup this season

Maybe in 2013
Right, and your crystal ball told you this? Did the same gift of fortune telling also foresee Boston winning the cup last year? Give me the cup winning team now, so I can go place a bet in Vegas and make a few million.

Washington has all the tools to win a cup, don't be such a hater.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
As long as Mr. Me my self and I Ovechkin is the leader of that bunch, yes there will be questions about them being favorites. Add Mr. I disapear in the playoffs Semin and Green and there are huge question marks about their leadership and capability of bringing it to the next level.

I'm not a believer in that group.
Mr. Disappear in PO Semin has 30pts in 37gp. The man is actually more of a PO beast than a ghost. He had one post season that hurt him, the one versus us two years ago, but I think he could have set the record for the number of posts hit by a single player in one series. He was hitting the post multiple times every game it seemed. I never agreed with the flack this kid has received abour his PO performances.
Mike Green however, I always felt was overrated. He's never been solid in his own end and scoring is always tougher in the POs. It's no surprise his play gets affected by this.

With younger guys like Alzner and Karlsson, and the added presence of Hammer, Green won't be relied upon as much.

You can be sceptical all you want about their team, doesn't mean they aren't favourites. I have a hard time looking at any team in the NHL that has a stronger team than them on paper.

Last edited by Kriss E: 08-16-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Bullsmith

I'm hoping for better than eighth, myself. But honestly, the parity in the league is such that there are no truly dominant teams right now. The Bruins were the league's favorite son this past season and got away with flagrant abuse of the rules multiple times. They still needed three games sevens to win the cup. Honestly, it's wide open. Injuries are probably the biggest single factor in how the teams end up.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
A few good moves doesn't magically erase constantly being a playoff flop.
And having disappointing POs doesn't mean they aren't favourites.

They have one of the best teams on paper. Having them as cup winners is far from being a laughing matter.

Old
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Mr. Disappear in PO Semin has 30pts in 37gp. The man is actually more of a PO beast than a ghost. He had one post season that hurt him, the one versus us two years ago, but I think he could have set the record for the number of posts hit by a single player in one series. He was hitting the post multiple times every game it seemed. I never agreed with the flack this kid has received abour his PO performances.
Mike Green however, I always felt was overrated. He's never been solid in his own end and scoring is always tougher in the POs. It's no surprise his play gets affected by this.

With younger guys like Alzner and Karlsson, and the added presence of Hammer, Green won't be relied upon as much.

You can be sceptical all you want about their team, doesn't mean they aren't favourites. I have a hard time looking at any team in the NHL that has a stronger team than them on paper.
Semin might have nice playoffs stats, but I never liked his play in the playoffs. Washington is an offensive machine, so getting pts is not that hard. Is overall play is not that good and he does not step up in the playoffs. I'd rather trust what I see than stats and Semin is NOT a playoffs player, no matter how you will twist it for me.

You bet I will be skeptical all I want. I just don't trust that group of players and their leaders. Players you mentionned are not leaders and will follow the poor lead from Ovechkin. You nailed it when you said "on paper". They are the most talented group of players, I agree, but not the best team. 2 completely different things.

Quote:
And having disappointing POs doesn't mean they aren't favourites.

They have one of the best teams on paper. Having them as cup winners is far from being a laughing matter.
I agree. I don't believe in them and certainly don't see them as favorites, but you are correct, it is not imposible or a laughing matter. There are just too many questions about their leadership and ability to step up when needed to put them as THE favorites. Boudreau is another big ????

I favor a few other teams before the Caps to win the cup.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-16-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: merged posts
Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

Teams that have had very high draft picks in the past few years appear to have a better long range outlook than the Habs, who haven't had rich draft years since 2007. However, they should be strengthened by players they didn't have available in the playoff series against Boston: Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Pacioretty, and Cole. I think that's enough to keep them in the running in their division and conference for a couple of years and I think the Habs will finish higher than 8th.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Some people think they are oh-so logical.

I don't infer bias from THN, still 8th place is likely our worst case scenario and the logic behind this can easily be shown. When you make predictions, you take the team at face value, because any player can go down, who would've predicted Crosby would've missed more than half the season? Who can predict that Miller will repeat what he did two seasons ago, when 4 out of the last 5 seasons, he's been a top 10-15 goalie at best, not a top 5 goalie.

The first thing to consider with the Habs is that in the last 6 seasons, when Markov is in the lineup, the Habs have a 99 points average on 82 games. Before the last two seasons, we were below ,400 without him.

The last two seasons, we were slated 8th place or out, yet in 09-10, with a new crew trying to mesh, our MVP out for half the season, and many other injuries, we managed to stay at close to ,500 without Markov, and despite him missing 37 games, we managed to get an 8th place. Logic would have us higher with Markov in the lineup.

Comes this pass season, we finished 6th without Markov for almost the whole season. We managed to go almost ,600 without Markov, something never seen since he has joined the Habs. Last season WAS the worst case scenario (as for Pittsburg too) and yet both team managed very good records despite the players they were missing.

I had also predicted that for the time, if Markov went down, we wouldn't feel at as much as in the pass, because we had Subban, simply because, #1 Ds are the bread and butter of today's NHL.

Habs have two for this season, and will most likely finish higher than 8th. 8th place would be the worst case scenario IMO, with the likelyhood of maybe missing the playoffs by a couple of points. 6th is likely scenario if we get a few important injuries, top 4 if we don't get any.

Placing the Habs 8th this coming season is

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

WTF?

...is a worst case scenario

Old
08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
WTF?

Not so sure I agree. I expect us to be battling for the division title, but I could see us missing the playoffs too. The East is gonna be well balanced and pretty tight imo. I think the 8th place finish considering past results and team improvements is fairly understandable, although I remain optimistic we will have home-ice advantage in the first round.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
WTF?

I think the difference in opinion is that some will say the worst possible scenario is losing Markov-Subban and Price. That would likely make us plummet down the conference.
I don't think that's the proper way to evaluate teams as you could say the same for every team.
I'm pretty sure people are making predictions about Pittsburgh with a healthy Crosby and Malkin.
Last season was a very tough one for us and we managed fairly well. Adding a top10 NHL Dman, a top6 PF, and a very reliable shutdown D to that group is a huge boost. One that is highly underrated by even Habs fans.

I don't think too many teams have improved their squad as much as we have if you consider the guys we missed last year. But I think that's why many can't seem to judge it as improvement, they don't consider the fact Markov-Gorges as additions, which is a mistake imo.
I don't think it's fair to expect the Habs to finish lower than what we were last season, especially not if it's to put teams like NYR-Buf-Phi ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Not so sure I agree. I expect us to be battling for the division title, but I could see us missing the playoffs too. The East is gonna be well balanced and pretty tight imo. I think the 8th place finish considering past results and team improvements is fairly understandable, although I remain optimistic we will have home-ice advantage in the first round.
I don't see how we could possibly miss the POs.
Everything has to go wrong for us and a lot of things need to go right for plenty of other teams in order for us to miss them. I don't think that's a fair expectation.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-16-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: merged posts
Old
08-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I also said that we could miss the playoffs by a couple of points, which the range of 8th place is likely to offer.

What I mean is that finishing in 9th place is very unlikely IMO, even in the worst case scenario, but not impossible.

Imo, Habs are more likely to fall between 5th and 6th than anything else, and that's considering a fair amount of injuries. If I don't consider injuries, I'd place them between 2nd and 5th.

A healthy duo of Markov and Subban will get this team a long way.

Old
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
My point is that it could go either way for many teams, hence why I'm saying some are given the best case scenario. Like I said, using irony, Montréal is like another planet for those guys. They give the benefit of the doubt to other teams, but not to Montréal.
They picked us to take first a few years back and have been pretty much dead on with where we'd finish since... So again, I'm not sure why you're saying they always underestimate us.
Quote:

Mike Green was shockingly bad against us a few years back. I've never seen a more inept defenseman in any series. Certainly there can be forgiveness for a bad series but that was so bad that it rocked any confidence I'd have in him at all.

If I were Washington, I'd have traded him by now.
Quote:
I also said that we could miss the playoffs by a couple of points, which the range of 8th place is likely to offer.

What I mean is that finishing in 9th place is very unlikely IMO, even in the worst case scenario, but not impossible.

Imo, Habs are more likely to fall between 5th and 6th than anything else, and that's considering a fair amount of injuries. If I don't consider injuries, I'd place them between 2nd and 5th.

A healthy duo of Markov and Subban will get this team a long way.
I have them in 5th but we could easily miss the playoffs. We're all assuming that Price has a great year but if he falters this team is really screwed.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I have them in 5th but we could easily miss the playoffs. We're all assuming that Price has a great year but if he falters this team is really screwed.
The same could be said of Thomas (look at the past, ups and downs), Lundqvist, Miller, Bryzgalov, Fleury....

The big difference though, is that no matter who's the 2nd goalie, Habs are really good at upgrading goalie performances, and while Price going might hurt us, I don't think it would hurt us as much as losing Subban or Markov and even then I still think we would make the playoffs having only one of the two.

Your conclusion is based on your outlook of Budaj, which IMO, is highly biased. Habs are trying to find 2nd goalies they can upgrade, they've been doing that for years and are mostly succesful at it. Didn't work out with Auld, and knowing how Budaj plays, I think it is more likely to happen with him.

People highly underappreciate what the Habs do to goalies, and mostly always end-up praising the goalie and putting him on a pedestal, instead of recognizing that it is an harmony of several factors that make goalies succesful, and has to do with a lot more things than just talent alone.

The really telling premature conclusion that people make, is that Buffalo are slated to finish high, yet Miller has only one great season out of the 5 he played as #1, and to add to this, people give the argument that Enroth is likely to do very good, yet that's based on perception of talent, and win-loss record he had last year.

Yet his GAA and save% are comparable to what Budaj as had in the past, and people don't consider that Buffalo has had moderate success at developing goalies if you compare it to the Habs success at developing goalies in the last 10 years (Theo, Huet, Halak, Price) and more often than not, making them better here than they were before and end-up not replicating the same performances after they leave. It just goes to show that the majority of people will easily give the vote of confidence to other teams while their own as actually showed more aptitudes in that department. It's the old 'habs are only as good as their goalie' mentality, which if a little big better informed, should turn into, 'Habs are always better than average because they make goalies better'.

IMO, the dynamic of having both Subban and Markov feeding the offense, is an extremely overlooked factor.

Our top 9 on offense hasn't had as much depth in two decades, which is also overlooked.

These are two factors, that added together, has the potential to produce a lot more offense than what we had in the past.

That's why I don't see Price as the ultimate ? mark, that if he fails, we're doomed to fail. It's highly simplistic and overlooks many other factors that are tantamount to success, and ignores the Habs tendency to make goalies look good, even when they are not as talented as Price.

Old
08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
canadiansbronco

no way buffalo beats us i think we have the tools to compete with boston for top spot in the north east

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
The same could be said of Thomas (look at the past, ups and downs), Lundqvist, Miller, Bryzgalov, Fleury....
Fleury doesn't have to be spectacular for the Pens to make the playoffs, they're a much better team than we are. And Boston is still in great shape with Rask.

As for the others, I think you're right on Bryzgalov (which is part of the reason why I don't like Philly) but Lundqvist and Miller are both more proven than Price is.

I personally think Price will do well (I've always believed in him) but others may not be so confident. And let's face it, the guy was absolutely incredible for us last season and without him being awesome we wouldn't have made the postseason.
Quote:
The big difference though, is that no matter who's the 2nd goalie, Habs are really good at upgrading goalie performances, and while Price going might hurt us, I don't think it would hurt us as much as losing Subban or Markov and even then I still think we would make the playoffs having only one of the two.

Your conclusion is based on your outlook of Budaj, which IMO, is highly biased. Habs are trying to find 2nd goalies they can upgrade, they've been doing that for years and are mostly succesful at it. Didn't work out with Auld, and knowing how Budaj plays, I think it is more likely to happen with him.
Budaj really has nothing to do with this. My opinion is based on the fact that we've had spectacular goaltending for years and have eeked into the playoffs despite this. If our goaltending went south, so did the team. That's the way it's been for a long time now.

Quote:
People highly underappreciate what the Habs do to goalies, and mostly always end-up praising the goalie and putting him on a pedestal, instead of recognizing that it is an harmony of several factors that make goalies succesful, and has to do with a lot more things than just talent alone.
Actually, the only reason I'm picking Montreal to finish 5th is because of the goaltending... I just think that others may not be as confident as I am in regards to Price and that's why we're ranked lower than where I have us.
Quote:
The really telling premature conclusion that people make, is that Buffalo are slated to finish high, yet Miller has only one great season out of the 5 he played as #1, and to add to this, people give the argument that Enroth is likely to do very good, yet that's based on perception of talent, and win-loss record he had last year.

Yet his GAA and save% are comparable to what Budaj as had in the past,
Again, as I said earlier in this thread I see Buffalo out of the playoffs.

But you aren't giving Miller enough credit. He is a recent Vezina winner who's save percentage is consistently around .915. Over the past three years he's been above that number. He's a very good consistent goalie on what has recently been a weak team.
Quote:
and people don't consider that Buffalo has had moderate success at developing goalies if you compare it to the Habs success at developing goalies in the last 10 years (Theo, Huet, Halak, Price) and more often than not, making them better here than they were before and end-up not replicating the same performances after they leave. It just goes to show that the majority of people will easily give the vote of confidence to other teams while their own as actually showed more aptitudes in that department.
We aren't talking about people and their own teams... we're talking about THN. And THN has been pretty accurate about us apart from our fluke 1st place finish and the following year where they predicted us to finish 1st. If anything they've underrated Buffalo most of the time.

If we were to talk about how people rank their own teams... take a look at this thread. Most of the people here (including me) feel that we'll finish higher than 8th. So I'm not sure what you're arguing here. If anything, fans usually overrate their own clubs.

You only have to go to the Leaf boards to see this.
Quote:
It's the old 'habs are only as good as their goalie' mentality, which if a little big better informed, should turn into, 'Habs are always better than average because they make goalies better'.
Yeah, I've heard that a lot on these boards over the years... 'we're not just goaltending, we're better than that'.

Only that hasn't been the case. We've squeaked into the playoffs most of the time with spectacular goaltending. If we don't want to be known as a 'goalie only team' we need to prove otherwise... that has not happened recently. If we prove this, then people will start to see us in a more positive light. (It happened the year after we finished 1st) We need to show it first though.

As for being overrated, THN Buffalo have actually been more underrated (most of the time) than we have:

2011 - Buffalo was ranked 6th last year and that's where they finished...
2010 - Buffalo was ranked 7th... finished 4th.
2009 - Buffalo ranked 11th... finished 10th
2008 - Buffalo ranked 5th.... finished 10th
2007 - Buffalo ranked 4th.... finished 1st

Pretty accurate for the most part, but THN usually underrates the Sabres by a tad. I think 2006 they gave the Sabres a C- and Buffalo finished with 110 points... but it was after the lockout so there should be some forgiveness there.
Quote:
IMO, the dynamic of having both Subban and Markov feeding the offense, is an extremely overlooked factor.
And that's great. Others though see an often injured blueliner and a sophmore who still has a lot to learn. Neither of those guys are blue chip. Markov could be two steps slower and could miss huge portions of the season. So I don't think they're overlooking it, I think they just don't believe in it the way you do.

If Markov is healthy and Subban improves, I think you're right and the Habs will finish higher than predicted. But those are big IFs.

That's part of why some have us 8th or lower. It doesn't make those people ignorant or stupid, they simply don't like what they see or what they've seen in the past...
Quote:
Our top 9 on offense hasn't had as much depth in two decades, which is also overlooked.
Debatable and even if it wasn't, with the teams we've had that's not saying much...
Quote:
These are two factors, that added together, has the potential to produce a lot more offense than what we had in the past.

That's why I don't see Price as the ultimate ? mark, that if he fails, we're doomed to fail. It's highly simplistic and overlooks many other factors that are tantamount to success, and ignores the Habs tendency to make goalies look good, even when they are not as talented as Price.
I think if Price is average, we'll drop to 8th. I expect him to be much better than that though and I think he'll take us to 5th.

I think we'll rely on him more than you do. I'm skeptical about Markov lasting a season and I'm still not impressed with our forwards. You take Price playing great out of the picture and I think we struggle to make the playoffs.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 08-17-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One thing people forget is that the main reason we needed price to play like an all-star was that we had major injuries on defense and a forward group that did not play up to potential.

I know it's a lot of ifs but look at the games played for the Habs last year for Markov Gorges Cole(not here) Pacioretty Yemelin. Those guys could all make pretty big contributions.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Teufelsdreck

Any prediction of where teams will finish is risky, especially when it comes to teams that aren't the class of their division or conference. A few things seem obvious to me. The Caps have been strengthened and will have no problem leading their division. The Bruins are obviously the leaders in the Northeast and if Eklund-type rumors about their trading for Doughty are true they could lead the entire East. The signing of Brad Richards will certainly help the Rangers but I don't think they'll be first in the Northeast. Anyone who can't see how much the Sabres have reinforced themselves is either stubborn or blind. I think the Leafs will get more points than they did last season and so will the Senators, The one team that's the greatest mystery to me is Philadelphia. As for the Penguins, everything rests on how well Crosby recovers.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
One thing people forget is that the main reason we needed price to play like an all-star was that we had major injuries on defense and a forward group that did not play up to potential.

I know it's a lot of ifs but look at the games played for the Habs last year for Markov Gorges Cole(not here) Pacioretty Yemelin. Those guys could all make pretty big contributions.
I'd go a step further and say they are expected to make big contribute. Yemelin is the exception considering he's never played in the NHL or NA.
But the guys you named, on top of guys like Gio-Cammy-Gom are all expected to perform better than they did last year.
Plekanec's production wasn't as high as one would have hoped but he still had a good season.

Price had to step up for us last year because so many things didn't go right. But with our current top9 depth, our injured players making a comeback, a lot of people are underestimating the shape up of our team.

Personally, the role Hammer would have played for us next season, imo, can be filled by Spacek. I think management planned this all along when they signed him a year past Hammer's deal. Hammer was going to see his role diminish, and he had verbally agreed to it in public, so Spacek at 17min, on his proper side, versus weaker opponents, can be just as solid imo.
Having two #1 Dman is a huge luxury. Add to that mix a very solid shutdown D in Gorges, and that gives us a pretty decent defensive group. Surely, we could be a little more aggressive there, but we'll see if Emelin fills some of that void or not. All in all though, I'm pretty comfortable with our defensive group.

Up front, there's no question about our depth. Obviously the addition of a huge top line player would have been great, but it doesn't mean we're not a very good team.
What hurt us two years ago? Not having a top 6.
What hurt us last year? Not having a top 6.
We now potentially have a top 9. But one thing's for sure, we have a top 6.
People can choose to be pessimist and say ''well Cole never produced without Staal'' or any other BS they want, but that's just them being pessimistic. In the same way, expecting to have a top9 is being optimistic.

Realistically, I think it's fair to say we have a very capable top 6. Just that top 6, along with our defensive group and Price, should suffice for us to be, at worst, 5th-6th.
If our offense benefits from the tertiary scoring of DD-Eller-AK, as well as having the top 6 produce at a decent-good pace, without suffering longterm injuries to key players and Price playing stellar, then I don't think we will have a hard time winning our division. I believe we will be challenging the conference more so than the division.
I don't think this Habs team is getting the credit they deserve. I think most of this stems from the idiotic and ancestral thinking that we are simply too small/soft.
But that's if everything goes well, which is rarely the case. A fair expectation is for us to finish between 4th-6th, although I'm still hesitant about it because I don't consider Boston or Buffalo to be better than us. Buffalo is a question mark, more so than us, so not sure how fair it is to put them ahead. As for Boston, I don't see how a team that struggled so much to beat us(and certainly didn't outplay us) while we were down so many key players can be considered better at a healthy roster point. But they are the defending Champs, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old
08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Roke

Having now read the write-up on the Habs in the yearbook (it's not a terrible resource for keeping up on teams around the league I don't spend time on), I was amused as the Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn/Cole line being referred to as "the 2nd line".

As I said earlier this isn't analysis, it's narrative building. Any idiot should be able to see that Plekanec has been centering the Habs' first line for a while now. While the minutes are close Plekanec gets the tough matchups.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Subban76

Quote:

Here's why I don't like this player:

http://www.ckoi.com/montreal/sports/...lum-91896.html

Imagine if a player in Mtl would say something similar about AK.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:54 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

Great post. I just wanted to say that, while they have a GREAT and STACKED Dcore and very good goaltending, they have one hole in their offensive squad. They are a 2nd line center away from being one my favorites to SC. They should trade some of the talent they have in the backend to acquire a real top6 center. Johansson isn't ready and Laich isn't really one.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:56 PM
guest1467

I see us anywhere between the 6th-4th spot, with a decent chance of winning the division.

I predicted we would win the division last season, unfortunately the injuries killed us though.

I see this team as trending upward, not staying stagnant. But it is hard to assess that from an outsider, because most of the improvement is coming internally, and gradually.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

What do the Habs have that Buffalo doesn't? Buffalo has better offense, good defensive depth and good goaltending. I can understand how there are question marks around how the team will mesh together, but I don't see any other question marks. We are getting our #1 center back healthy, Ville Leino is an upgrade over Tim Connolly 100%. We lost Steve Montador and Chris Butler for Regehr and Ehrhoff. I am just confused.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote