HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ward info

Old
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
They didn't pay him 3ml to play on the checking line and other teams have injuries too. Despite the conventional thinking Wash pp wasn't that great
Actually given everything I've seen on Caps365, it is looking a whole lot like they paid Ward 3M to play on the checking line next to Laich at 4.5M.

And yes, the PP was terrible. I sat through 41 games of it. Personally I blame it on the sponsorship change from Pepco Energy Services to Constellation Energy. How can a team hope to score when the PA guy says what sounds like "consolation power play" every time they go up a man?!?

But I digress. Just because it was bad doesn't mean Ward has a spot on it. Knuble, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Laich, Brouwer, Johansson, and whichever one of Eakin/Sjogren makes the team look to be ahead of Ward for PP time imho. Now to go sacrifice virgins to make sure Ovechkin isn't on the point anymore. Anyone have a bunch of spare virgins handy?

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Actually given everything I've seen on Caps365, it is looking a whole lot like they paid Ward 3M to play on the checking line next to Laich at 4.5M.

And yes, the PP was terrible. I sat through 41 games of it. Personally I blame it on the sponsorship change from Pepco Energy Services to Constellation Energy. How can a team hope to score when the PA guy says what sounds like "consolation power play" every time they go up a man?!?

But I digress. Just because it was bad doesn't mean Ward has a spot on it. Knuble, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Laich, Brouwer, Johansson, and whichever one of Eakin/Sjogren makes the team look to be ahead of Ward for PP time imho. Now to go sacrifice virgins to make sure Ovechkin isn't on the point anymore. Anyone have a bunch of spare virgins handy?
Just what are the Caps lines normally and what spot did Ward take the place of. Far as the sponsorhip thing you lost me. No forward needs to be on the point I have never seen that work long term. We'll you see teams like the Caps can afford to pay a high price for checking line players we don't. Who was the guy who stood in front of the net on your pp and if you don't have that no wonder your pp suffers. How did Arnott fair there was he useful or just a spot on the roster. Here with the Preds normally a player like Ward who was found off the scrap heap and granted he won his right to play on this team with determination and grit and perserverance. But with our lack of scoring and bad line chemistry pairings Ward found his way to our second line and done excellent and was on our third line with Legwand and Dumont last year in the playoffs which if your line is scoring then on our team it becomes your first line especially in the playoffs. I think Ward will find his way to your pp sooner than later and you'll be glad he did

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Far as the sponsorship thing you lost me.
I think he was saying that Constellation Energy was the sponsor of the power play so it was a Constellation Power Play but sounded in the arena like "consolation power play".

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:03 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

he sounds like kermit the frog

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:25 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Just what are the Caps lines normally and what spot did Ward take the place of. Far as the sponsorhip thing you lost me. No forward needs to be on the point I have never seen that work long term. We'll you see teams like the Caps can afford to pay a high price for checking line players we don't. Who was the guy who stood in front of the net on your pp and if you don't have that no wonder your pp suffers. How did Arnott fair there was he useful or just a spot on the roster. Here with the Preds normally a player like Ward who was found off the scrap heap and granted he won his right to play on this team with determination and grit and perserverance. But with our lack of scoring and bad line chemistry pairings Ward found his way to our second line and done excellent and was on our third line with Legwand and Dumont last year in the playoffs which if your line is scoring then on our team it becomes your first line especially in the playoffs. I think Ward will find his way to your pp sooner than later and you'll be glad he did
Knuble and Laich are the current stand-in-front-of-the-net guys. Arnott did a bit of that as well, but he's no longer on the roster.

Caps forward lines this season should look something like:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Brouwer-Johansson-Semin
Eakin/Sjogren-Laich-Ward
Chimera-Halpern-Hendricks
Beagle/Perreault/(whichever of Eakin/Sjogren doesn't get the third line spot)
Knowing Boudreau we will see a lot of line combinations though. Brouwer and Ward will probably be swapped around looking for chemistry. Personally I'm all for anyone who can get Knuble off the top line so he can play less physically demanding minutes. Brouwer or Ward theoretically could do the trick.

Power play looks like:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble-Green-Hamrlik
Semin-Johansson-Laich-Carlson-Alzner
Unless Boudreau decides to go with 4 forwards again on the PP, in which case Eakin and Brouwer probably slot in. Ward could be in the mix with Brouwer.

As for the sponsorship thing I was just blabbing with no real intent or reason. Pay it no mind.

Old
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Anyone have a bunch of spare virgins handy?
we are in the process of feeding ours to the Weber-Kraken... sorry..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 08:28 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Knuble and Laich are the current stand-in-front-of-the-net guys. Arnott did a bit of that as well, but he's no longer on the roster.

Caps forward lines this season should look something like:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Brouwer-Johansson-Semin
Eakin/Sjogren-Laich-Ward
Chimera-Halpern-Hendricks
Beagle/Perreault/(whichever of Eakin/Sjogren doesn't get the third line spot)
Knowing Boudreau we will see a lot of line combinations though. Brouwer and Ward will probably be swapped around looking for chemistry. Personally I'm all for anyone who can get Knuble off the top line so he can play less physically demanding minutes. Brouwer or Ward theoretically could do the trick.

Power play looks like:
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble-Green-Hamrlik
Semin-Johansson-Laich-Carlson-Alzner
Unless Boudreau decides to go with 4 forwards again on the PP, in which case Eakin and Brouwer probably slot in. Ward could be in the mix with Brouwer.

As for the sponsorship thing I was just blabbing with no real intent or reason. Pay it no mind.
I forgot about Brouwer and that was a good pickup. He and Ward will give you a more physical presence that you've lacked. The big thing is that you got Vokoun and that is your biggest pickup he will certainly help you go along way. Your my early pick to play for the Cup in the east.

Old
08-17-2011, 12:13 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
I forgot about Brouwer and that was a good pickup. He and Ward will give you a more physical presence that you've lacked. The big thing is that you got Vokoun and that is your biggest pickup he will certainly help you go along way. Your my early pick to play for the Cup in the east.
Yeah, it's pretty clear that McPhee tried to make the Caps more Nashvilley over the offseason. As for your prediction, I certainly hope you're right. Maybe we can have a Finals matchup between future division rivals

Old
08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty clear that McPhee tried to make the Caps more Nashvilley over the offseason. As for your prediction, I certainly hope you're right. Maybe we can have a Finals matchup between future division rivals
My early pick Washington and Chicago and that could change before the playoffs starts

Old
08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Did Ward play PK minutes at all for the Predators?

Old
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
I thought Brouwer was a bit streaky at times (hearing from Chicago fans) and he didn't mind seeing him go?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:02 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Did Ward play PK minutes at all for the Predators?
yes, quite a bit.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 12:10 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
I thought Brouwer was a bit streaky at times (hearing from Chicago fans) and he didn't mind seeing him go?
That's what I've heard too. I've also heard that he got shuffled around the lines quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yes, quite a bit.
Excellent