HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Bradley on Semin & the Caps

Old
08-17-2011, 09:05 AM
SameOld

vCash: 500
Matt Bradley on Semin & the Caps

Matt Bradley is on the radio in Florida droppin some bombs:
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...95467&comments

ngreenberg Neil, RMNB
Bradley: "We [#Caps] hadn't figured out how to win in playoffs so I'll go to FLA w/ ppl who have done lot of winning & hopefully win there."

dcsportsbog Dan Steinberg
Matt Bradley on discipline problems w/Caps: "Not being ready to practice or missing practice with questionable injuries, that kind of thing"

Bradley: "I think our locker room was maybe a little bit too nonchalant, and guys weren’t disciplined the way they should have been."

Bradley on Semin: "So much talent, he could easily be the best player in the league, and for whatever reason, just doesn’t care" pow pow pow

[There was a tweet re:Semin that was something along the lines of "It just seems like he doesn't care, almost like he'd rather be back in Russia" but it's gone now.]

ngreenberg Neil, RMNB
I'll sum up the Bradley intvw in one word: meow

ngreenberg Neil, RMNB
Bradley on playoffs: "sometimes the guys that weren't playing well were being rewarded with ice time."

ngreenberg Neil, RMNB
Bradley intvw could have been a lot worse. Radio guys def tried to steer it to try and get some dirt. Surprised he called out Semin.

Bradley on Ovechkin: "I never worry about Ovie. He’s an all-in guy."

Last edited by Langway: 08-17-2011 at 10:06 AM.
SameOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Millhaus

Well everyone has plenty of additional ammunition now...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:18 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Its nothing we really didn't know or suspect.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Shocked, shocked!

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:23 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

It's a bit ironic that the locker room jokester is commenting on the room being too non-chalent .

I'm sure the locker room would have been serious enough for Bradley if the dollars were there.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Millhaus

I would love to hear what the players' response to these comments are, especially Semin's...

Old
08-17-2011, 09:32 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
...especially Semin's...
Yeah, like he cares.

Old
08-17-2011, 09:36 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Odds of a Hendricks/Bradley scrap on October 18th seem very high to me.

Old
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Yeah, like he cares.
Maybe maybe not but I bet over a vodka or ten he'd have something to say.

There won't be a response regardless but I am sure someone will bring it up in the locker room and I'm sure some not so nice comments will be made. It would be cool to be a fly on the wall for that interaction is all I am saying.

Old
08-17-2011, 09:42 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I would love to hear what the players' response to these comments are, especially Semin's...
Sadly, the response you won't get from Semin is him playing to the potential that Bradley acknowledges.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
fsnoles98

Matt Bradley - Thank you for letting the cat out of the bag

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...sELJ_blog.html

Semin fans read and weep. Your superman has always been on his own page and not the teams.

I have been saying this for years, all talent and inconsistent because he wants to be and has no drive.

Bradley was always a standup guy and in the good lock room, he is just calling it like he sees it.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:44 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
"We [#Caps] hadn't figured out how to win in playoffs so I'll go to FLA w/ ppl who have done lot of winning & hopefully win there."
Didn't hear the interview, so it's hard to tell, but that's gotta be Bradley's deadpan sarcasm, right?

Old
08-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Serial_Derecho

Send a message via Yahoo to Serial_Derecho
That cat has been out of the bag running free for years, but its about time someone finally slammed him.

Even though Brads is gone, he'll still remain a favorite.

Serial_Derecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
pgreene

yeah, there's absolutely no new information there. has anyone ever actually claimed semin's heart was really in it?

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Good man, Brads.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Wow. He just went off on ****.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:57 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Sure we all know about Semin's up and down ways, but he is what he is. God or Casper. Eventually, isnt it on George for re-inking him every year, if he is that much a detriment to our team?

I dont blame any of our teams playoff futilities on him. Overall I am happy with his playoff effort. If he has a broken thumb and we dont replace him, its not his fault.

IMO it's all on Bruce and George. We can complain about players all we want. but they are what they are, its a team game.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Foy

I found what he said about Ovy more interesting than what he said about Semin.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreene View Post
yeah, there's absolutely no new information there. has anyone ever actually claimed semin's heart was really in it?
It's nothing new when it comes from a fan, but it means more when it's players who sandbag former teammates. Bradley's probably nearing the end of his truly useful years, but he's surely a standup guy. Few are going to question his motives. It's something we all see in the likes of Semin, but it's on the record from players and that's different.

Too many passengers, not all, but a select few in key roles, was devastating last season. Personally, I'm at the addition by subtraction point with Semin. Get him off the team, spend the money on other player(s). I don't care what they get for him in the trade. He's going to be a Capital this year, and he's going to **** it up again at crunch time in 2012. How anyone can be drinking the Kool Aid, still, is beyond me. He'll have been a Cap for a decade.

On the subject of disappointing all stars, whatever the heck was bugging Backstrom last year, I sure hope he figures out a way to cut it out. With luck, it was just injury, because if it wasn't, then that's a problem.

Strong offseason, but there were various reasons to be unhappy with all four of the Young Guns last season. They addressed none of that this Summer. Hope that gamble pays off. Skeptical, personally.

Last edited by Drake1588: 08-17-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Meh, Semin is an easy target, and Brads probably knows that Semin doesn't care whether he calls him out or not.

Why is it always Semin's fault? Backstrom was a lot worse this time around. But Brads obviously likes Nick and doesn't want to publicly put any blame on him.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
txpd

sounds to me like he called most of the top end guys out. there was certainly a different level of calling out of semin, by name, and of the rest of the top end, left unnamed. but you could clearly see it was more than just semin. backstrom, green, and ovi.

saying that ov doesnt take care of himself, meaning he is either out of shape or not prepared to play like a professional should be, and then following that with saying he would never say anything bad about him was interesting. he's the captain and he's not professional and prepared to play, but thats not a bad thing.

also interesting that he singled out chimera, a regular whipping boy around here, as somebody that should have been getting more ice time.

i wonder where brooks laich fell into his thinking? top end guy that played too much or hard working lower end guy that deserved more ice.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Brave Sir Robin

The rumors around Ovi and Semin have always been that they party too much during the season, even before games (soft of like Carter and Richards). Maybe that's what he meant.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:19 AM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
sounds to me like he called most of the top end guys out. there was certainly a different level of calling out of semin, by name, and of the rest of the top end, left unnamed. but you could clearly see it was more than just semin. backstrom, green, and ovi.

saying that ov doesnt take care of himself, meaning he is either out of shape or not prepared to play like a professional should be, and then following that with saying he would never say anything bad about him was interesting. he's the captain and he's not professional and prepared to play, but thats not a bad thing.

also interesting that he singled out chimera, a regular whipping boy around here, as somebody that should have been getting more ice time.

i wonder where brooks laich fell into his thinking? top end guy that played too much or hard working lower end guy that deserved more ice.
Chims is not a whipping boy around here.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Didn't hear the interview, so it's hard to tell, but that's gotta be Bradley's deadpan sarcasm, right?
That was my first thought too... then I i realized he might be referring to FL GM Dave Tallon?

Then I went and listened to the interview, and realized that Steingberg misquoted him... he said "We [#Caps] hadn't figured out how to win in playoffs, so I'll go to FLA w/ ppl who HOPEFULLY have done lot of winning & hopefully we win there." Becomes a bit less of a slam with that extra hopefully in there.

Last edited by DaleHunter: 08-17-2011 at 10:30 AM.
DaleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:23 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
On the subject of disappointing all stars, whatever the heck was bugging Backstrom last year, I sure hope he figures out a way to cut it out. With luck, it was just injury, because if it wasn't, then that's a problem.
Something tells me Backstrom was one of the names Bradely didn't want to say.