HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Mayday

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
It doesn't look like Avs fans are going to let this go...the Avalanche might have to make a move here. I doubt they will, but this can't continue.
SOME Avs fans let it go weeks ago.

If you don't want to see May on the team, sell your tickets or turn off your TV. Then you won't have to see him.

If you want to call yourself an Avs fan, then act like it, and don't boo a guy for something he said (SAID, not DID) over a year ago.

Old
09-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
I'm willing to bet there was something more to it, than Abei just not wanting to let him get Linden's puck. That alone just doesn't make sense, and doesn't seem consistent with Abei's character.
For the record, in the first scrimmage in camp, May and Aebischer were on different teams, and in the first period, May went down and playfully "bumped" Aebischer. It looks like they've already worked out whatever problems they might have with one another.

Old
09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No
For the record, in the first scrimmage in camp, May and Aebischer were on different teams, and in the first period, May went down and playfully "bumped" Aebischer. It looks like they've already worked out whatever problems they might have with one another.
Plus, this is hockey. If people held grudges over every little altercation, the whole league would be mini-factions. Hockey, a place where you can beat up your friends, and it's completely okay.

Old
10-02-2005, 12:34 AM
rayzor32

Brad May is nothing but a goon and should have been banned from hockey a long time ago.

While with Buffalo punching Florida's Chris Wells on Nov. 06 1997. Brad received a Fighting Major and a game misconduct. Chris Wells nothing.

While with Vancouver, Brad's first game against his former team as a Canuck, punching Buffalo's Derek Plante on Mar. 26, 1998. Brad received a Fighting Major and a game misconduct. Derek Plante nothing.

While with Vancouver on Mar. 05, 1999. This one I didn't see, but he got a fighting major and a game misconduct. Calgary's Todd Simpson nothing.

Received a 20 games suspension - Brad May of the Phoenix Coyotes, for a slash to the head of Columbus' Steve Heinze. May's response "I have to be held accountable," May said. "I've never gone after anybody like that before in my career. Honestly, I just wanted to tap him on the arm," Yeah right.

I also know he injured in hand when he sucker punched Ulf Samuelsson once.

Old
10-02-2005, 09:48 AM
rpontbriand

Though I am not a big fan of May I find it hard to fault someone that suckers Ulfie. Biggest NHL slug of all time IMO.

Old
10-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd
SOME Avs fans let it go weeks ago.
I don't think the usual statute of limitations applies here. Especialy since the canucks decided to go assing about in the last game before an upcoming work stoppage. And with the extended calender the Nucks have had more than enough time to put any substance behing their apology.

Quote:
If you don't want to see May on the team, sell your tickets or turn off your TV. Then you won't have to see him.

If you want to call yourself an Avs fan, then act like it, and don't boo a guy for something he said (SAID, not DID) over a year ago.
May puts us in a Catch-22 otherwise, if we don't show all our detractors get to say we aren't real hockey fans, if we tolerate him we get branded as hypocrites. If someone wants to question anyone's loyalty for paying $40 for a sniper seat they are mistaken.

It's not like May and the Avs don't have a way of counteracting this short of trading May. May can answer the legitimate questions about his loyalty and the team can stop treating Moore like a leper.

Maybe the hearing this week will resolve some of the issues.

Old
10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
May puts us in a Catch-22 otherwise, if we don't show all our detractors get to say we aren't real hockey fans, if we tolerate him we get branded as hypocrites. If someone wants to question anyone's loyalty for paying $40 for a sniper seat they are mistaken.

It's not like May and the Avs don't have a way of counteracting this short of trading May. May can answer the legitimate questions about his loyalty and the team can stop treating Moore like a leper.

Maybe the hearing this week will resolve some of the issues.
Screw what other people think, I'm going with my gut here. If I accept Brad May on this team, it's almost like I'm personally slapping Steve Moore in the face. Sorry, I'm not ready to do that.

Old
10-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
If I accept Brad May on this team, it's almost like I'm personally slapping Steve Moore in the face.
Not really, no.

Old
10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
If I accept Brad May on this team, it's almost like I'm personally slapping Steve Moore in the face.
I disagree completely. I accept May on this team. I also support Steve Moore in his efforts to come back and hope that he does make it back soon. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Old
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan
I disagree completely. I accept May on this team. I also support Steve Moore in his efforts to come back and hope that he does make it back soon. The two are not mutually exclusive.
That's just how I feel. By Lacroix adding May to the roster, it completely alientates Moore, and in a sense tells him that 'he's no longer a part of this team.' It's quite high schoolish, but that's the message it send to Moore.

Old
10-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Not really, no.
Are you telling me what I can and cannot think and feel?

Because if so, then you are completely in the wrong here.

Old
10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Are you telling me what I can and cannot think and feel?
It should be obvious that my response was my opinion, and not me telling you what you can and cannot feel. Sheesh. Do we really need to preface every post in this forum with "I know this is only my opinion, but..."?

Having said that...your opinion leads to a very slippery slope. Can you no longer support Pierre Lacroix, since he clearly supports May? How about Joe Sakic?

Old
10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
It should be obvious that my response was my opinion, and not me telling you what you can and cannot feel. Sheesh. Do we really need to preface every post in this forum with "I know this is only my opinion, but..."?

Having said that...your opinion leads to a very slippery slope. Can you no longer support Pierre Lacroix, since he clearly supports May? How about Joe Sakic?
I find it hard to fully support Lacroix after this offseason. I know I'm not the only one who's unhappy with the way this summer has shaped up for us.

I support the team in the end, but even the biggest fans can criticize their GM -- see the Isles and Flyers fans.

Closed Thread