HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines with and without Hejduk

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2005, 07:08 AM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Lines with and without Hejduk

Tell me what you think.

Start of season:

Tanguay-Sakic-Svatos (have to keep Joe and Alex together to start since they already have chemistry)
Brunette-Turgeon-Wolski (may be bit rough with no sniper)
Kono-Mac-Laksonen
May-Lappy-Hinote

Hejduk:

Brunette-Sakic-Svatos
Tanguay-Turgeon-Hejduk (anyone will put up points playing with Duke and Tang, look for the Turgeon of old this year *Blues days*)
Kono-Mac-Laksonen
Wolski-Lappy-Hinote (Wolski adds some offensive flare)
May

Old
10-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Wolski-Lappy-Hinote (Wolski adds some offensive flare)
I don't think you keep Wolski on the club if he's only going to get fourth-line ice time with two players who aren't going to help him succeed. They'd send him back to junior first.

Old
10-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Agreed, putting a 19-year-old rookie on the 4th line does no good. Return him to Brampton once Hejduk's ready. Our 4th line needs to hit people and get some momentum going, scoring is secondary.

Old
10-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Foppa2118

What scares me a bit, is that Svatos doesn't sound like he's playing too well, and Q doens't seem to favor him too much. His play may have been due to his groin injury, but if he gets sent down to Lowell, which is possible, then what will our top lines look like? I don't expect Wolski to go over his 10 games limit, unless he is amazing, so that would leave Brunette and probably Kono on the top lines, and even worse with Hejduk out. PL might need to go out and find a scorer, if Svatos doesn't pick it up.

Old
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
What scares me a bit, is that Svatos doesn't sound like he's playing too well, and Q doens't seem to favor him too much. His play may have been due to his groin injury, but if he gets sent down to Lowell, which is possible, then what will our top lines look like? I don't expect Wolski to go over his 10 games limit, unless he is amazing, so that would leave Brunette and probably Kono on the top lines, and even worse with Hejduk out. PL might need to go out and find a scorer, if Svatos doesn't pick it up.
Svatos almost has to make the team with Hejduk out.

Wolski/Sakic/Brunette
Tanguay/Turgeon/Svatos
Laaksonen/Konowalchuk/Lapperierre
May/McLean/Hinote

Old
10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
PapaBear*

avs need another sniper.

Old
10-01-2005, 10:44 PM
rayzor32

Quote:
avs need another sniper.
Like I said, sign Donald Audette.
Buffalo Sabre teammate in the early 90's and Dallas Stars teammate in the beginning of the 2001-2002 season of Pierre Turgeon.
Laval Titan teammate from 1987-1989 and Montreal Canadiens teammate from the end of the 2001-2002 season to the beginning of the 2003-2004 season of Patrice Brisebois.
Atlanta Thrasher teammate for most of the 2000-2001 season and linemate (with center Ray Ferraro) of Andrew Brunette.
Buffalo Sabre teammate for most of the 90's and linemate (with center Derek Plante) of Brad May.
Buffalo Sabre teammate for the mid 90's of Bob Boughner.

Old
10-01-2005, 10:46 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor32
Like I said, sign Donald Audette.
Buffalo Sabre teammate in the early 90's and Dallas Stars teammate in the beginning of the 2001-2002 season of Pierre Turgeon.
Laval Titan teammate from 1987-1989 and Montreal Canadiens teammate from the end of the 2001-2002 season to the beginning of the 2003-2004 season of Patrice Brisebois.
Atlanta Thrasher teammate for most of the 2000-2001 season and linemate (with center Ray Ferraro) of Andrew Brunette.
Buffalo Sabre teammate for most of the 90's and linemate (with center Derek Plante) of Brad May.
Buffalo Sabre teammate for the mid 90's of Bob Boughner.
I hope you're joking.

Donald Audette is garbage.

Old
10-02-2005, 11:25 AM
ggmoney71

No Svatos does not have to make the team. What has he done in preseason? He had a terrible attitude and was not impressive in the minors last season. His crappy attitude and lack of heart simply is not going to go over well with Q - rightfully so. I hope he sneaks in the Avs give a chance - but he better make the most of it.

Kono is going to be a third line player? - uh no especially with Hejduk out. He has great chemistry with Turgeon and Sakic. But I look for him to play with Turgeon.

One thing that is for sure is Q will change the lines a lot unless one of them is on fire. He is known to change lines a lot even during games.

Old
10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
PapaBear*

audette? LOL!!!! would rather have berezin

actually you know who i wouldnt mind seeing, if hes up for grabs is scott young. he has had great success with turgeon. hes kinda faded off in St Loo

Old
10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Melrose'sMullet

I think the lines will be juggled until Hejduk returns, but when he does, I look for the lines to look something like this.

Wolski-Sakic-Brunette
Tanguay-Turgeon-Hejduk
Konowalchuck-Mclean-Laaksonen
May-Lappy-Hinote

I also think Kolesnik gets the nod in goal for the first 1/4 or so of the season and then he will be evaluated.

Svatos will get his shot in Hejduk's position (or on the third line) until he gets back, but unless he has a good stint, he will get sent down.

Old
10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
actually you know who i wouldnt mind seeing, if hes up for grabs is scott young. he has had great success with turgeon. hes kinda faded off in St Loo
I think St. Louis is a step ahead of you... if I'm not mistaken Scott Young was picked up by the Blues to play with Tkachuk and Weight, or at least a top-6 role. Looks like Pleau is trying to rekindle some of those glory days, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Old
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensens
I think St. Louis is a step ahead of you... if I'm not mistaken Scott Young was picked up by the Blues to play with Tkachuk and Weight, or at least a top-6 role. Looks like Pleau is trying to rekindle some of those glory days, but I guess we'll see what happens.
Youre right. He was signed by the Blues.

Old
10-02-2005, 03:05 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensens

youll most likely see Weight centering Young and McCammond. Keith with Cajanek and whoever else.

Closed Thread