HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Matt Bradley on Semin & the Caps

Old
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
who's trashing him?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Bruce has his own thread. Lets keep it on the thread topic.

08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
who's trashing him?
And who was that sad about him leaving?

08-17-2011, 03:36 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Bruce has his own thread. Lets keep it on the thread topic.
Not sure how it's off topic. I thought this thread was created for discussion about Bradley's comments and what they mean.

edit: to me it revives and brings new light into the entire org and opens relevant comments made by players leaving in the past (both good and bad).

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:52 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
And who was that sad about him leaving?
I was. He was like the little engine that could. That, and because he is gone I cannot use that fabulous avatar Integral made for me.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Not sure how it's off topic. I thought this thread was created for discussion about Bradley's comments and what they mean.

edit: to me it revives and brings new light into the entire org and opens relevant comments made by players leaving in the past (both good and bad).
Not sure its a new light on this, but Bradley's comments state clearly what needs to be done for the Caps to take things to the ultimatel level. Its "Young Guns" need to be the big boys in the locker room, and they need to do it now.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

It another inside voice that's leaving. This time a very well respected one. One that's been there for a long time. Therefore it brings more relevance to our banter IMHO.

edit: spelling

Last edited by HSHS: 08-17-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
It another inside voice that's leaving. This time a very well respected one. One that's been there for a long time. Therefore it brings more relenvence to our banter IMHO.
...another voice to add to the list. Another voice that apparently McPhee is too arrogant to listen to.

It's a lock they play it off has "disgruntled" player when Brads was one of the most respected Capitals in recent years.

A blundering coach and team led by millionaire lost boys. I wonder if GMGM survives another flame out.

EroCaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
txpd

i will say this, bradley's position that the caps best players need to be their best players and the ice time was always going to their best players when it should gone elsewhere seems a little odd.

now, this is what happens when someone is trying to be very careful how he says something that can get him in a lot of trouble. it creates under speak and double speak

Old
08-17-2011, 04:46 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i will say this, bradley's position that the caps best players need to be their best players and the ice time was always going to their best players when it should gone elsewhere seems a little odd.

now, this is what happens when someone is trying to be very careful how he says something that can get him in a lot of trouble. it creates under speak and double speak
Agreed that's definitely tricky especially in the playoffs. Very short time to play games with "teaching lessons" and playing the hot grinder hand.

Perhaps Brads should have just pulled the "**** it! I'm going", ala his shoot out win, when it was time for Semin to get on the ice!?

Old
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Icetime

If BB has any brains he needs to start off the first full team meeting of the year something like this.

#1 There will be no missing practice because you are too hungover.

#2 There will be no Meatballs and or Nacho Trays allowed within ten feet of Nicky while he is on the bench during practice.

#3 We have hired this new guy standing to my right to teach you guys about the X's & O's of hockey because I am tired of writing the letter X and the letter O on the board game after game while you all look at me with blank stares like I'm some sort of moron. There are only so many combinations of X and O that I can write on the board before my wrist begins to hurt.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:53 PM
txpd

still laughing....cant help it. circles may be back in the nhl. maybe bradley is right in the worst possible interp of what he was trying to say there, but that still doesnt fall to the level of signing jaromir jagr and inviting nylander to camp. whats next? straka?

somewhere north somebody is looking for smelling salts to revive tom renney

Old
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I personally think Semin can be coached into a player that helps win a Cup. I wouldn't bet my life on it but I still believe it.
The only guy that can likely get Semin to be that player is Ovy. There aren't many Russian figures in the NHL with a lot of leadership skills to push buttons. Maybe Kovalchuk but he's stuck in NJ forever.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
The only guy that can likely get Semin to be that player is Ovy. There aren't many Russian figures in the NHL with a lot of leadership skills to push buttons. Maybe Kovalchuk but he's stuck in NJ forever.
He's had more than enough opportunities. I think it's fair to say this is what you get with Semin. World class talent, ZERO heart.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I wouldn't count on Ovi being a good influence anytime soon. Actually, I'm a bit worried about Kuznetsov, when he finally moves here.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Matt Bradley thinks Matt Bradley deserved more ice time.
LOL...please....that was nowhere to be found in this interview. Nice discredit attempt failed...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:09 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
"Semin didn't show up for the playoffs" .....Says the guy who got 0 points this year in the playoffs! FYI Mr. Bradley Semins playoff numbers werent bad this year. 2 seasons ago he was the caps best playoff guy (besides Ovi). The problem is the caps had too many grinders and not enough skilled guys to work with Semin Ovi and Backstrom. When you have to0 many Bradleys on the team, it's drags down your top scorers.

Back when Kozlov and Fedorov were around, Semin and Ovi had their best playoff performances. Lose the grinders, add the skill!

Last edited by malkinfan: 08-17-2011 at 06:15 PM.
malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
LOL...please....that was nowhere to be found in this interview. Nice discredit attempt failed...
Okay I'm going to attempt the discredit of this clown.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I must say the spinjobs put out by the company liners on Bradley as some kind of disgruntled jester jealous of the minds and talents of superior men are some of the most entertaining things I've read all week.
i am not sure what you expect. i am a widely known brads fans. he said players like him should get more ice time in the playoffs when they are going well and a big gun is not. disgruntled, maybe not, but not in agreement, certainly. what would you call it.

he thru semin under the bus by name. he sort of threw ov under the bus when asked.

that he thru semin under the bus gets a rise out of the anti semin group(which contain pro and anti boudreau posters, btw). yet, no push back on the idea that chimera, who almost as many fans here want off the team as want schultz gone, should have picked up the ice time when brads felt like semin should have been watching.

thats funny.

disgruntled? who exactly is he disgruntled with? semin...and?

Old
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Stop pretending like everyone hates Chimera. He is a pretty bad hockey player and he's aggressively overpaid. But he's got a great motor and attitude.

A lot of us would like to replace him with a better player, but if a coach ever gave a guy like Chimera Ovechkin's icetime to send a message, I'd applaud it.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:32 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
bradley said that it was not about him, but it had everything to do with players like him. yes? he clearly wanted to get across that teams, not just the capitals by the way, should consider giving more playoff ice time to bottom 6 forwards who are playing better than top 6 forwards including stars of the team.

brads didnt produce this playoffs. he has in the past and my recallection is that even with two goals vs lundqvist his ice time was not significantly increased that game or games to follow. that was his point. was it not?

Old
08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
A lot of us would like to replace him with a better player, but if a coach ever gave a guy like Chimera Ovechkin's icetime to send a message, I'd applaud it.
in the playoffs? really? i guess i'll have to take your word for it because i dont think there is a coach in the league that would bench ovechkin in a playoff game.

Old
08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I think you may be confusing people not wanting Chimera on the team to start the season at his payrate vs people not liking the guy.

IMHO I wouldn't count on Chimera to continue to score as he did. Though maybe he'd continue to get chances as he leaves the box!

Old
08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
txpd

Quote:
I think you may be confusing people not wanting Chimera on the team to start the season at his payrate vs people not liking the guy.

IMHO I wouldn't count on Chimera to continue to score as he did. Though maybe he'd continue to get chances as he leaves the box!
maybe so.

Old
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Yeah I'd prefer the coach use his tools in his toolbox during the regular season often in order to create a culture where he doesn't have to use those tools come playoffs.... but that's just me. I like to plan and pay attention to detail. I think you can be likable and strict. Torts and BB types are the only options.