HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Some Bauer sticks that have no reviews on the internet

Old
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Iplayhockehh

vCash: 500
Some Bauer sticks that have no reviews on the internet

Hey guys, I was doing some research on a new stick for myself and I stumbled upon a couple of bauer sticks that seem pretty decent when I look at their specs. However, the surprising thing is that none of these sticks are well known or known at all. I was not able to find any people who have used these sticks so hopefully I will have better luck here.

The sticks are:
Bauer Supreme Comp Le
Bauer Vapor X:Shift

Thanks for your time

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If the Supreme Comp LE is the TotalOne LE (limited edition) it's the same as the TotalOne with a different paint job. I believe the X Shift is a terrible SMU that's worth about $50 and I wouldn't play with it if you gave it to me for free.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
If the Supreme Comp LE is the TotalOne LE (limited edition) it's the same as the TotalOne with a different paint job. I believe the X Shift is a terrible SMU that's worth about $50 and I wouldn't play with it if you gave it to me for free.
It's definitely not the TotalOne LE. I was in the store and the totalone had way more kick too it with the same flex. Here are the specs of the supreme comp:
Premium carbon composite construction
Pure Shot blade profile
Aero Foam II blade core
Mid Kick point
SURPREME power dual taper sqare double concave shaft dimensions
And now the TotalOne:
Flex:
MINIMUM EFFORT. MAXIMUM OUTPUT.
Engineered for maximum energy output with minimum effort
Created by using a stiffer lower shaft with a softer middle, providing a stick that is easily loaded
Perfect for those who lean heavily into there sticks or want effortless shot release
Blade:
INCREASED ACCURACY. BETTER FEEL.
The Supreme TOTALONE stick focuses on power, but doesn't sacrifice feel
The Power Core 3 blade features dual-density construction that consists of two strategically placed foams for optimal feel and reduced weight
Aero Foam Core II adds stability to reduce blade deflection while improving balance, and Power Core 3 maximizes pass reception and puck feel
Drawstring closure
Construction:
LIGHTER WEIGHT. STRONGER CONSTRUCTION.
The Supreme TOTALONE stick features Monocomp Technology, Bauer's groundbreaking process for producing true one-piece sticks
This method reduces excess material during production to create a stick with optimized balance and improved strength
The TOTALONE is built with TeXtreme, ultra lightweight and strong carbon fiber fabric, which reduces weight while increasing the stick's durability.

Old
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
AIREAYE

X:Shift is a Source for Sports SMU, entry level stuff like Jarick said.

Supreme Comp is the same, but judging form the specs, it looks to be a stick fitting somewhere between a One60 and One80

An easy rule of thumb would be to compare it's price to a regular catalog stick's price.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
X:Shift is a Source for Sports SMU, entry level stuff like Jarick said.

Supreme Comp is the same, but judging form the specs, it looks to be a stick fitting somewhere between a One60 and One80

An easy rule of thumb would be to compare it's price to a regular catalog stick's price.
Hmm, interesting stuff. I think I will just go with the x50 or an SE16. Thanks for the input.

Old
08-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Good choice. The One80 looks like a good twig too if you like the mid kick. Honestly I got an SE16 shaft (from a one piece that was broken at the blade) and it was a really wimpy shot. My X:60 though gives me the hardest and quickest shots I've ever had. That X:50 would be my choice for a reasonably priced stick (same as the X:60 but a little less balanced).

Old
08-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Good choice. The One80 looks like a good twig too if you like the mid kick. Honestly I got an SE16 shaft (from a one piece that was broken at the blade) and it was a really wimpy shot. My X:60 though gives me the hardest and quickest shots I've ever had. That X:50 would be my choice for a reasonably priced stick (same as the X:60 but a little less balanced).
Hmm, personally which one would you recommend? The one80 or the X:50? Also its funny that my friend offered me a SE16 shaft also from a one piece that is broken at the blade. I guess I'll be passing on that offer now . But couldn't the different in shot power have been the different curves on your SE16 and your x60?

Old
08-19-2011, 02:25 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
He might have stuck the blade in the butt end, which destroys any decent characteristics the stick might have had.

If he did it right and put a tapered blade in the correct end, no explanation for that. Wrong flex perhaps? I've always been happy with synergies, apart from their blades.

If you're not familiar with easton blades, they tend to have great feel and pretty decent performance, but they break down fairly quickly. The ST is exempted from that.

Of course, I haven't been on the market (nor kept up with it) for much stickwise for a while now- my Vapor XXXX has held up wonderfully. The blade is starting to get chewed up (but still sound!), so it may have to be soon.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

My X:60 has a P92 curve, which I am very comfortable with. Great quick wrist/snap shots with high velocity. At stick and puck I can keep up with the varsity high school kids in terms of those shots. My slapper is not as good but the X:60 still gives pretty hard shots.

With the SE16, I tried both a tapered Sakic blade and a standard Sakic blade. The only difference was the balance. The kickpoint didn't feel any different between the two. The Easton stick felt very rubbery compared to the Bauer. It's possible it was whipped out, but I'm not sure. It felt exactly like some Base hockey sticks I tested out, very rubbery. Maybe I'd have to go up to an 85 flex (the SE16 was 75 flex and the X:60 was intermediate 75, which is whippier than a senior 75).

That is all my preference. I remember that I had two sticks a couple summers ago, a One95 and a Vapor XXV (similar to X:50). I had much better shots with the Vapor. Exact same flex, curve, and length. It has to be the kickpoint which for me is personal preference. I tried an AK27 two-piece which is a similar flex as my X:60 and my shots are a lot lower and slower.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Iplayhockehh

Hey guys, would you say that x60 has better puck feel or the total one? Also how can bad puck feel effect your abilities? Im guessing less control, less accurate shots and the puck bouncing off your stick more.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:50 PM
AIREAYE

Puck feel is subjective. However people have received the T1 better than the X:60

Old
08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Puck feel is subjective. However people have received the T1 better than the X:60
But does puck feel actually make a noticeable difference?

Old
08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The X60 puck feel is fairly lively while the TO is a lot more dead/solid/wood like. Some stick handlers like the lively feel but it can make receiving passes a pain. I will say my main stick is the X60 and I picked up a Dolomite DD and was blown away by how good the puck feel, as good as the old One95 IMO. I just moved it today for a Dolomite Spyne DD (needed a stiffer flex) so we'll see how the feel is.

By the way, lots of sticks on clearance now if you look around. Dolomites are cleared out for the Diablo/Widow sticks and all Vapor sticks should be on clearance for the APX models. I bought a 2011 Dolomite for $85 last week and a 2011 Dolomite Spine today for $125 (saw some for $100 but not the right curve/flex). Vapors were about 20-30% off. Shop around.

Old
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
The X60 puck feel is fairly lively while the TO is a lot more dead/solid/wood like. Some stick handlers like the lively feel but it can make receiving passes a pain. I will say my main stick is the X60 and I picked up a Dolomite DD and was blown away by how good the puck feel, as good as the old One95 IMO. I just moved it today for a Dolomite Spyne DD (needed a stiffer flex) so we'll see how the feel is.

By the way, lots of sticks on clearance now if you look around. Dolomites are cleared out for the Diablo/Widow sticks and all Vapor sticks should be on clearance for the APX models. I bought a 2011 Dolomite for $85 last week and a 2011 Dolomite Spine today for $125 (saw some for $100 but not the right curve/flex). Vapors were about 20-30% off. Shop around.
Thanks for the info Jarick, helpful as usual. My local hockey shop is having a breakaway sale and I've stumbled on yet another unheard of stick. Easton Stealth S999, do you think that this is another SMU model?

Old
08-21-2011, 06:06 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayhockehh View Post
Thanks for the info Jarick, helpful as usual. My local hockey shop is having a breakaway sale and I've stumbled on yet another unheard of stick. Easton Stealth S999, do you think that this is another SMU model?
That's the thing, a lot of other people describe the feel on the X:60 as 'dead' compared to the T1 or One95. It's all subjective, though the wood part is correct.

The S999 is another SMU, what's the original price on it?

Old
08-21-2011, 07:15 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Hey guys, would you say that x60 has better puck feel or the total one? Also how can bad puck feel effect your abilities? Im guessing less control, less accurate shots and the puck bouncing off your stick more.
I think I can feel the puck better with my x60....

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
The only new easton sticks that I know are coming out in october are the Stealth RS and Stealth 65S and have had gotten rave reviews for those who have tried it out. There are some on ebay. I'm also looking at reebok A.i 9.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
That's the thing, a lot of other people describe the feel on the X:60 as 'dead' compared to the T1 or One95. It's all subjective, though the wood part is correct.

The S999 is another SMU, what's the original price on it?
The OP I believe is 149.99 but it is currently on sale for 99.99. Today I went to my local hockey shop and bought a warrior ak27 for 99.99(2011 model) and SE16 skates for 299.99$. The skate fits my feet perfectly and was only cheap because they needed to clear it out for the new models. This excites me because its a huge upgrade over my x:05 I used when my feet were growing very quickly

Also I checked out the S999 and for 99.99 it is a pretty good stick. Slightly blade heavy, decent puck feel and a pretty good snap shot. I would say it has a good wrist shot but that was probably due to the curve I was using more than anything else.

Old
08-22-2011, 09:06 AM
AIREAYE

The S999 is equivalent to the S13 stick, but to be honest; for $100, you could do much better

Old
08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd keep looking for a closeout one piece.

And that Dolomite Spyne DD, if you find one they are a solid stick. Used it last night and had a pretty hard shot, puck sticks to the blade like glue, decent balance.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
The S999 is equivalent to the S13 stick, but to be honest; for $100, you could do much better
I would say the s999 fits in between the s13 and s15. However I think it feels closer to the s15.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:04 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
I would say the s999 fits in between the s13 and s15. However I think it feels closer to the s15.
Based on feel perhaps, but based on specs and price; seems to be S13 to me. Did you compare the 3 sticks?

Old
08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Based on feel perhaps, but based on specs and price; seems to be S13 to me. Did you compare the 3 sticks?
Yeah there's a shooting range at my hockey shop. The S13 gave me a decent shot for the price point but the S999 gave me a much better shot. The S15 gave me a slightly better shot than the S999 and had much improved feel compared to the lower grade models. Overall I wouldn't recommend the S999 or the S13, it's better to spend the extra bucks on a S15.