HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Situation on defense?

Old
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
I am going to wait until I see what Emelin can do at the NHL level, before saying he is better than others even in certain categories. You are not better than any other NHLer until you can prove it.

That being said, I am really curious to see how he does.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Our D-CORP SHOULD had been this one:

Markov- Gorges
Hamrlik-Wiz
Gill-Subban
Weber (maybe Yemelin)...
Hahahaha

Yeah...respectfully disagree with that one.

I'm very happy with letting Wiz and Hamrlik move on and hopefully one of the young guys step up next year. And if they don't, well I'd rather see a young guy going through growing pains than watch Wiz act like he's a rookie in his own end. Which I saw countless times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I am going to wait until I see what Emelin can do at the NHL level, before saying he is better than others even in certain categories. You are not better than any other NHLer until you can prove it.

That being said, I am really curious to see how he does.
I am excited to see how he does. Yes he could be a total bust, but the kid sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered...and if he could be a potential PP threat as well down the road at some point...woweee

How good does this sound in a couple of seasons (provided things pan out)

Markov-Subban
Yemelin-Weber
Gorges-Tinordi
Beaulieu

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-17-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: merged
UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I am excited to see how he does. Yes he could be a total bust, but the kid sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered...and if he could be a potential PP threat as well down the road at some point...woweee

How good does this sound in a couple of seasons (provided things pan out)

Markov-Subban
Yemelin-Weber
Gorges-Tinordi
Beaulieu
I'd rather Gorges be gone if Tinordi, Weber, Yemelin and Beaulieu all become good NHLers with us. Gorges is nice and all but there's better options if Yemelin and Tinordi both pan out as solid defenders. They are both quite a bit bigger and meaner than he, and also younger without the injury history. There's also a chance of guys like Diaz, Nash and Bennett becoming NHLers, which might mean we end up trading one of our puckmovers, since you have four listed.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:18 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I'd rather Gorges be gone if Tinordi, Weber, Yemelin and Beaulieu all become good NHLers with us. Gorges is nice and all but there's better options if Yemelin and Tinordi both pan out as solid defenders. They are both quite a bit bigger and meaner than he, and also younger without the injury history. There's also a chance of guys like Diaz, Nash and Bennett becoming NHLers, which might mean we end up trading one of our puckmovers, since you have four listed.
Oh I know, just saying that that has some serious potential is all.

Lots of options out there to say the least.

PS Gorges isn't that much older than EMelin.

Old
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Oh I know, just saying that that has some serious potential is all.

Lots of options out there to say the least.

PS Gorges isn't that much older than EMelin.
Yemelin doesn't have a history of knee problems though. Also judging from last year, Yemelin seems to have the potential to be a two-way defender, where as Gorges seems to have completely forgotten everything to do with offense since his Kelowna days. Plus there's a chance Gorges walks at the end of the year, since he did only get a one year deal.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
What are the chances that they develop Gorges' excellent defensive awareness and positioning though? Those are the most important attributes for a shutdown defender to have and he's got them in spades. Besides, counting on future Tinordi and future Weber to be more that very good third pairing guys seems a little much at this point, Gorges is already an established lower end top 4 guy.

Then again, Tinordi and Beaulieu look to be at least 3 years and probably more from being serious NHL players and a lot can change in that time. Three years ago Montreal's defense was
Markov-Gorges
Hamrlik-Komisarek
Boulion-Brisebois
O'Byrne-Dandenault
And only that top pairing remains.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:32 PM
guest1467

The little prospect projection line-ups are essentially useless. Not only do only one or two prospects out of the whole list ever even crack an NHL lineup, people never take into account free agency or trade.

Someone should make a list of all those the last 4 or 5 years, it would be incredibly humourous.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:39 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Yemelin doesn't have a history of knee problems though. Also judging from last year, Yemelin seems to have the potential to be a two-way defender, where as Gorges seems to have completely forgotten everything to do with offense since his Kelowna days. Plus there's a chance Gorges walks at the end of the year, since he did only get a one year deal.
Gorges injured his knee once, several years ago and never got it repaired until last season.

Gorges also played almost exclusively in a shut down role since becoming a mainstay on the habs top 6 as well.

Old
08-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
The little prospect projection line-ups are essentially useless. Not only do only one or two prospects out of the whole list ever even crack an NHL lineup, people never take into account free agency or trade.

Someone should make a list of all those the last 4 or 5 years, it would be incredibly humourous.
Unless those posting their lineups are utterly serious, can't the people have fun with their projections ? And as for those 'lists', each year someone brings forth a post from the archives so that most can laugh about those said projected lineups. I don't see what's wrong with that...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
neofury*

Quote:

Usually I don't mind if people want to discuss random stuff like that but I find it to be one of the most pointless practices on the forum.

Kristo-Leblanc-Pribyl
etc

What the **** is the point of those Might as well just make a thread about listing all our prospects

Last edited by neofury*: 08-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote