HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 Saturday 2011-2012 Schedule Changes

Old
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
2 Saturday 2011-2012 Schedule Changes

Two game time changes for the better IMO - both went from being Saturday 1PM games to Saturday evening games:

-- The Kings-Chicago contest on Feb. 25 at STAPLES Center will now begin at 5 p.m.

-- The Kings-Boston contest on March 24 at STAPLES Center will now begin at 6 p.m.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

LAKings LA Kings
#LAKings Gametime changes: At STL on 11/22 now at 4:30 p.m. PT, at MIN on 2/28 now at 4:30 p.m. PT and at CGY on 3/28 now at 6:30 p.m. PT

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Two game time changes for the better IMO - both went from being Saturday 1PM games to Saturday evening games:

-- The Kings-Chicago contest on Feb. 25 at STAPLES Center will now begin at 5 p.m.

-- The Kings-Boston contest on March 24 at STAPLES Center will now begin at 6 p.m.

Dammit! I had already committed the schedule to memory! Now I must unlearn what I have learned!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
When is Doughty scheduled to re-sign with the Kings?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
When is Doughty scheduled to re-sign with the Kings?
December 23, 2012

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

excellent! we suck at day games

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
null33

I approve of the change, but why'd they do it? Did they expect to have conflicts with NBA games that didn't actually get scheduled on those dates?

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
In Sweden:

Two game time changes - both went from being Saturday late evening games to Saturday in the middle of the freaking night games or Sunday bloody early morning games.

I think I'm the only one that enjoys the 1 PM games.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:14 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:

My guess is that the Bruins asked for the change so as not to conflict with the New England Revolution home opener. Revs at 7:00 B's at 9:00.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 05:25 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
In Sweden:

Two game time changes - both went from being Saturday late evening games to Saturday in the middle of the freaking night games or Sunday bloody early morning games.

I think I'm the only one that enjoys the 1 PM games.
I feel for you. I follow Fulham in the EPL and forcing myself out of bed at 6 or 7 in the morning on the weekends is hard enough!

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 12:45 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I feel for you. I follow Fulham in the EPL and forcing myself out of bed at 6 or 7 in the morning on the weekends is hard enough!
Ipswich Town here. Why Fulham of all teams? Not bashing but I feel there is a story to be told.

Don't watch their (Ipswich) games just follow them through news.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Ipswich Town here. Why Fulham of all teams? Not bashing but I feel there is a story to be told.

Don't watch their (Ipswich) games just follow them through news.
Got into the EPL three years ago (oddly, because I started playing FIFA and LOVED it). Anyway, couldn't root for a top team (ManU, ManCity, Tott, Liv, Arsenal, Chelsea) and needed some tie to America. Clint Dempsey played for Fulham, looked into it more and Fulham have had quite a few Americans over the years (McBride, Keller) so it just kinda grew from there.

First year I followed them they finished 7th and qualified for Europa. Made a run to the final the following year. Now Fulham/EPL are #2 on my list of sports teams behind the Kings (which will ALWAYS be #1 because I grew up in Torrance during the Gretzky years).

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 11:50 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
Got into the EPL three years ago (oddly, because I started playing FIFA and LOVED it). Anyway, couldn't root for a top team (ManU, ManCity, Tott, Liv, Arsenal, Chelsea) and needed some tie to America. Clint Dempsey played for Fulham, looked into it more and Fulham have had quite a few Americans over the years (McBride, Keller) so it just kinda grew from there.

First year I followed them they finished 7th and qualified for Europa. Made a run to the final the following year. Now Fulham/EPL are #2 on my list of sports teams behind the Kings (which will ALWAYS be #1 because I grew up in Torrance during the Gretzky years).
I always love to hear or read those "background stories" how and why.

I know you didn't ask but anyway.

I was in kindergarten and 5 years old and the teachers fixed a soccer game against an other nearby kindergarten (rivalry lol) and they decided that we should wear Leeds United printed shirts but the other guys wear Ipswich and looked pretty darn better than us and they outplayed us. Think they were older as well, bloody cheaters. But I started to ask questions about that team and they were good so I was stuck to them after that at age five. They haven't played in the EPL for quite some time now but I can wait since I'm stuck on the Kings now.