HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXV (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Nhl looking at implementing shallower nets...you can see the story on tsn...

..http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374016

Old
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Nhl looking at implementing shallower nets...you can see the story on tsn...

..http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374016
One of the few changes that could be made without drastically altering the game, I don't mind it.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberan1 View Post
Didn't Mario Tremblay report this earlier this year - for which he was essentially blasted for?
I hope Sidney gets better. What a shame for the NHL if his career is compromised.
Noooo Marinaro is always wrong and never right and he lies and blah blah blah

waffledave
Old
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Protest the Hero

Yeah nets smaller among the bottom/back, and take out the trapezoid so Price can handle the puck more effectively please!

Can't say I'm completely sold on going to 3 on 3 OT. There wouldn't be much strategy going on except for the lines the coach throws together, 2 defencemen and 1 forward from Martin?

Old
08-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Yeah nets smaller among the bottom/back, and take out the trapezoid so Price can handle the puck more effectively please!

Can't say I'm completely sold on going to 3 on 3 OT. There wouldn't be much strategy going on except for the lines the coach throws together, 2 defencemen and 1 forward from Martin?
I don't like the idea of 3on3 OT. Everyone seems to like the flow of 4on4 and if you want to avoid the shootout why not just have another 5 minutes of 4on4 rather than tacking on 3on3?

Though you're right, Plekanec/Markov/Subban would be sick in a 3on3 situation.

Old
08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I don't like the idea of 3on3 OT. Everyone seems to like the flow of 4on4 and if you want to avoid the shootout why not just have another 5 minutes of 4on4 rather than tacking on 3on3?

Though you're right, Plekanec/Markov/Subban would be sick in a 3on3 situation.
Or.. you know.. take away the shootout? Seems like they're just trying to patch holes they've created themselves.

Old
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Batarnac

New net prototype being tested.

Old
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Just read on the main board that Drury's retiring.

Old
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just read on the main board that Drury's retiring.
Yup, here is the link from the NHL. I guess he ain't going to be our 4th line center

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587171

Old
08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Gonchar has been offered to all the teams...I'm wondering if a Spacek+prospect/pick vs Gonchar trade would help our team. Gonchar has 2 years left on his contract at 5,5m per...I still think he is a very good D. Markov-Gonchar on the PP would be awesome . What do you guys think?
When I think Gonchar, I always think about this:

Not sure I'd take him for free after that.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Or.. you know.. take away the shootout? Seems like they're just trying to patch holes they've created themselves.
Yeah, but that would make sense.

The NHL is Not even considering no-touch icing. Phoenix's GM doesn't like the aesthetic of it, because watching defensemen meander on back to touch the puck most of the time is aesthetically pleasing.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:01 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post

What his video does not show is andrei kostitsyn (if i remmeber correctly) destroying gonchar with a solid check. He was hurt and that is why he could not do any better on that play.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Seriously. If they really want to keep the shootout for entertainment purposes, then keep it, but count it as a tie. Each team gets a point. Then you can have players and keepers do acrobatic moves.
Or simply remove it. I'm not a fan of it.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Sam I Am

Forget About Drury

Drury retires

Old
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
WestIslander

I would love Gonchar in Montreal and I think that his relationship with Hal Gill from Pittsburgh helps and I think that Ottawa would trade his dollar value one for one to save almost $2,000,000.00 this upcoming season.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - Desharnais
Darche - White - Moen
Blunden

Markov - Gonchar
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Yemelin
Weber

Price
Budaj

STANLEY CUP!!!

Old
08-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
What his video does not show is andrei kostitsyn (if i remmeber correctly) destroying gonchar with a solid check. He was hurt and that is why he could not do any better on that play.
Hum the Habs was on a penalty kill so I doubt that AK was on the ice on that play.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Hum the Habs was on a penalty kill so I doubt that AK was on the ice on that play.
it was earlier in the game. i am trying to find it.....but i cant so you'll have to take my word for it lol.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:28 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post

We think alike in this case MoMo. I to would NEVER (and I mean NEVER) have signed Gonchar at 5.5 million. I knew he was declining and would decline in Ottawa heavily.

I laughed when so-called experts were pegging it as the best signing of the summer. I knew it would come back to haunt people

What a ****ing joke that guy is. Let's just give up, we're down 3-0 in a game 7 so giving up now.

Chris Kunitz with a horribad turnover too. Meanwhile on the main forum Pens fans say the guy is a billion times better than AK. The only difference is he's a slightly better player who isn't criticized so heavily that he retains some value on this forum. The haters in Montreal drive player value down on these forums so much it's incredible. Now a days Andrei is a 4th line winger who shy's from physical plays and sucks apparently

The fans, Fleury and everyone in the Pittsburgh organization deserved a lot better than that. Kunitz and Gonchar played worse in that game 7 than Andrei Kostitsyn did in ours versus Boston.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
it was earlier in the game. i am trying to find it.....but i cant so you'll have to take my word for it lol.
I'll take your word for it. But if you're injured to a point where you'll harm your team more than anything, you're better off staying on the bench or replaced by someone else.

Old
08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
HabsByTheBay

What was wrong with ties? Not every game has to have a winner.

Old
08-19-2011, 02:05 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
carcillio is a rat
PLEASE, show some respect for the rats !

Old
08-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
What was wrong with ties? Not every game has to have a winner.
I can understand where people are coming from when they say this, but there are times when a tie is extremely lame.

A tie would have ruined possibly my greatest hockey memory. Imagine the Habs coming back from a 5-0 deficit and it ending with a tie. You'd have the team leaving the ice to polite applause as opposed to the absolute bedlam that it was at the BC that night.

Old
08-19-2011, 02:14 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I can understand where people are coming from when they say this, but there are times when a tie is extremely lame.

A tie would have ruined possibly my greatest hockey memory. Imagine the Habs coming back from a 5-0 deficit and it ending with a tie. You'd have the team leaving the ice to polite applause as opposed to the absolute bedlam that it was at the BC that night.
Then give 3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 for a win in OT or SO, and one point for an OT or SO loss.

Old
08-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Then give 3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 for a win in OT or SO, and one point for an OT or SO loss.
I don't like 3 point systems and I don't like loser points.

It made sense to have the loser point when there were still ties to try to encourage teams to go for the win. But if the NHL implemented the shootout to have a decisive winner every game then they shouldn't distance themselves from it like they have in the past. No need for a loser point, no need to make SO wins worth less in the standings, and no need to find more ways to end games before they reach the shootout. It would be a joke if OT went to 3-on-3 in the future like they have been testing, as it's just as big of a bastardization of hockey as the shootout is.

A straight up W-L system would be ideal for me. Or if the NHL really is too scared to stand by their own rule changes, 2 points for a win in regulation or OT, 1 point for a SO win, and 0 points for a loss of any kind.

Old
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I don't like 3 point systems and I don't like loser points.

It made sense to have the loser point when there were still ties to try to encourage teams to go for the win. But if the NHL implemented the shootout to have a decisive winner every game then they shouldn't distance themselves from it like they have in the past. No need for a loser point, no need to make SO wins worth less in the standings, and no need to find more ways to end games before they reach the shootout. It would be a joke if OT went to 3-on-3 in the future like they have been testing, as it's just as big of a bastardization of hockey as the shootout is.

A straight up W-L system would be ideal for me. Or if the NHL really is too scared to stand by their own rule changes, 2 points for a win in regulation or OT, 1 point for a SO win, and 0 points for a loss of any kind.
The one point for OT or SO losses = the one point they were getting when the system has tied games. BOTH teams deserve at least that one point for the overall effort during 60 minutes.

If you give 3 points for a win in regulation, you gonna have a hell of a game !

Closed Thread