HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Columbus at Detroit - 10/22

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 05:49 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
How can you see positives in a loss like this? We had regained momentum at the end of the 2nd, then lost it at the beginning of the third. We looked more like an AHL team against the redwings. I read that article and laughed hysterically before I even made it past the headline. The fans that watch the Bluejackets and follow them know that Arace is pretty much just that, Douggie Mac's Information Minister.

I still think Mark Hartigan was a good pick up...to replace Nedorost. Nedorost isn't cutting it and will be in Syracuse or out of the Organization if he doesn't get it together, Hartigan has a lot of upside, which he proved in a group of games in Atlanta. He is not a number one NHL center though, a strong number 2 when he develops a little more.

I agree with bigger callups. Jackman and Pandolfo are big guys physically and should provide a little more banging down low for garbage goals etc. Nash will get too hacked up and beat up if he continues to be the only player that does it. Don MacLean hasn't really been given a geniune shot. He looked absolutely incredible in the the last leg of the AHL season after he recovered from the neck injury. He averaged like a point a game if i remember right, the downside? he is not a great skater and we desperately need speed advantages to win most of our games, as true grit hasn't been shown by most of the team on the road yet. give these guys a shot, they've earned at least that much. Regardless of his offense accomplishments last year, i'm still not sold on Derrick Walser, Rohloff or Scoville should be the first D man callup.

I agree that we need Cass back...badly. He gets Sandy's motor running and in turn gets Vyborny going. However, we could have all our injuries over (wright, leto, duvie, cass all back from injury) but if Marchant goes down, we are literally the same jackets as last year. Marchant has been worth every penny so far. Todd Marchant has always been in my top two or three players in the league because of his attitude and play. It would almost be like Buffalo losing Satan.

Darryl Sydor: I was really unhappy with his play against Atlanta, but he's turned it around nicely, its hard to notice all the things he does well, cause, like westcott, they are the little things, important clear, smart poke check, excellent Defense to Offensive break out pass. He's been steady since NYR and he's going to have to carry the blueline on the road, cause it seems that nobody else is willing to do it.

I guess it boils down to why replace injured NHL-calibur small forwards (Cass, Wright, Leto) with AHL small forwards when you have bigger guys that fit the bill as 3rd and 4th line bangers and grinders?

Old
10-23-2003, 07:20 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

They had a thirty second brainfart, and against a team like the Wings you can't do that. The "trip" by Sydor for the PP goal to make it 3-1 was a weakass call by the refs. And, stated already, Spacek is a moron and he lead to their fourth goal. Four mistakes (one by the refs) and they all end up in the back of the net. That's what sepreates the good teams from the bad teams. This team still sucks on the road, not as badly as years past, but still pretty brutal. Now we face a rested Bolts club that's out to prove that last year was no fluck. At least we get to see Vinny this year

Old
10-23-2003, 07:43 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23
I still think Mark Hartigan was a good pick up...to replace Nedorost... He is not a number one NHL center though, a strong number 2 when he develops a little more.
I don't know that Hartigan is going to develop more than he has. I don't think he has a whole lot more to offer. I like him, but as a lower line center.

Quote:
I agree with bigger callups. Jackman and Pandolfo are big guys physically and should provide a little more banging down low for garbage goals etc.
Do those guys get in front of the net in Syracuse? Are they willing to play that kind of game? I don't know, because I haven't seen them in action. As a side note, I don't know that we are missing traffic in front of the net. Several times last night there were shots from the blueline that had traffic in front, they just didn't get put back. Sometimes they do, mostly they don't. Have to keep at it. Can someone remind Pirejta of that, please?

Quote:
I guess it boils down to why replace injured NHL-calibur small forwards (Cass, Wright, Leto) with AHL small forwards when you have bigger guys that fit the bill as 3rd and 4th line bangers and grinders?
Their size doesn't mean they play that big. Look at Eric Daze, he's a sissy! There are plenty of guys in the league who don't play as big as they are. I would rather have someone play big than just be big. Again, I would refer to Pirejta.

And did I mention Pirejta?

Old
10-23-2003, 08:27 AM
jacketracket*

An update (not that it needs to be pointed out): Shanahan now has 9 G and 9 A in 16 games against the CBJ.

The Wings board has been ragging on Shanny so far this year---leave it to the Jackets to get his game back on track.

Closed Thread