HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements/Rumours III

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
That's a big step-up in competition for Hendricks. I'm definitely a fan of his, I'd love to see him pull off the upset.
I really like of the UFC's 170lb matchmaking. The Ellenberger/Shields and Fitch/Hendricks fights are great.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like Lesnar will be making an announcement tomorrow morning regarding his plans. Don't know if it'll be a fight announcement.

Old
08-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Sounds like Lesnar will be making an announcement tomorrow morning regarding his plans. Don't know if it'll be a fight announcement.
Interesting. I thought he might be retiring when I first saw that tweet but The Score is saying Brock might be fighting Overeem in Toronto. I hope it's true but I'll wait for confirmation before I get too excited.

Old
08-17-2011, 11:14 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
DCBROCKLESNAR Brock Lesnar
An update on Brock is about to drop ... pay attention & be a follower of this account tomorrow morning for the news! RT RT RT #brocklesnar

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
08-18-2011, 06:27 AM
End of Line
Human After All

He's Back!!!

Last edited by End of Line: 08-18-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
I really like of the UFC's 170lb matchmaking. The Ellenberger/Shields and Fitch/Hendricks fights are great.
Couldn't agree more. Those fights along with Penn/Condit, Hughes/Sanchez & Kampman/Story are all great match-ups.

Old
08-18-2011, 12:19 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Interesting. I thought he might be retiring when I first saw that tweet but The Score is saying Brock might be fighting Overeem in Toronto. I hope it's true but I'll wait for confirmation before I get too excited.
I think Machida and Davis if they fight will be on that card too. Dana needs to make it happen. Brock vs Overeem is a very interesting fight but not as interesting as Overeem vs JDS or Velasquez

Old
08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Captain_Cunney

Brock vs. The Reem would be a tough fight to call. Brock has huge problems with good strikers and they dont' get any better than the Reem. But at the same time I could see Brock's wrestling give Allistar all sorts of trouble.

I wonder what the odds' would open at...

Old
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Dana White announced that they're getting rid of the gladiator opening.

Finally.

Old
08-18-2011, 03:25 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Brock vs. The Reem would be a tough fight to call. Brock has huge problems with good strikers and they dont' get any better than the Reem. But at the same time I could see Brock's wrestling give Allistar all sorts of trouble.

I wonder what the odds' would open at...
You're right it is a very tough fight to call. Both have been shown to wilt under pressure. If Lesnar takes Overeem down and starts some Mir-esque GNP I don't see Alistair making it out alive. If Overeem lands a hard shot early, I see Brock collapsing.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
He's Back!!!

Good to hear, I've always liked Brock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
I think Machida and Davis if they fight will be on that card too. Dana needs to make it happen. Brock vs Overeem is a very interesting fight but not as interesting as Overeem vs JDS or Velasquez
The new rumour going around twitter is that they might do Brock vs Mir 3 as the main event on the first FOX card. If they want to make it even bigger they could throw Machida on there as well.

I'm not a big Machida fan but he is still one of the top guys in the LHW division. The last real fight he had was last November against Rampage. They need to get him back in there against top competition.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Good to hear, I've always liked Brock.

The new rumour going around twitter is that they might do Brock vs Mir 3 as the main event on the first FOX card. If they want to make it even bigger they could throw Machida on there as well.

I'm not a big Machida fan but he is still one of the top guys in the LHW division. The last real fight he had was last November against Rampage. They need to get him back in there against top competition.
This will be interesting trying to figure out who'll be on that card. I think Tito would be an obvious choice. Tito vs Bonnar, Franklin, or Forrest would work IMO.

A healthy Carwin would be nice, as well.

I think they'll want either big names or really exciting guys.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
This will be interesting trying to figure out who'll be on that card. I think Tito would be an obvious choice. Tito vs Bonnar, Franklin, or Forrest would work IMO.

Lorenzo Fertitta said at the press conference that they will only put big fights on FOX. They might not be all championship fights but they will be big important fights.

Putting Brock Lesnar on free TV (if it happens) should be interesting. He's a PPV machine for them and he makes a lot of money off PPV buys as well. If he fights on FOX, they would have to compensate him for losing his PPV bonus and they won't be getting the most they can out of a Brock Lesnar fight. His name alone gives them tons of PPV revenue. IMO, he won't be on the FOX card.

Just looked at the upcoming schedule for UFC

August 27th: Silva vs Okami (PPV)
**Three weeks off**
September 17th: Shields vs Ellenberger (free)
September 24th: Jones vs Rampage (PPV)
October 1st: Cruz vs Johnson (free)
October 8th: Edgar vs Maynard (PPV)
**Three weeks off**
October 29th: GSP vs Shields (PPV)
November 5th: Leben vs Munoz (Please tell me this one is free....?)
November 12th: UFC on FOX (free)
November 19th: Velasquez vs JDS (PPV)
**Two weeks off**
December 3rd: TUF Finale (free)
December 10th: UFC 140 (PPV)

Old
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

I also think you can slide Vitor Belfort into that card. It makes sense for his schedule, he's a big name, he's exciting.. plus the UFC like a good story, and he does have the whole "Best Damn Sports Show" fight which makes everything come full circle quite nicely.

I don't know who he would fight though, outside of the long-shot unlikely ones like Wanderlei or Anderson Silva.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Lorenzo Fertitta said at the press conference that they will only put big fights on FOX. They might not be all championship fights but they will be big important fights.

Putting Brock Lesnar on free TV (if it happens) should be interesting. He's a PPV machine for them and he makes a lot of money off PPV buys as well. If he fights on FOX, they would have to compensate him for losing his PPV bonus and they won't be getting the most they can out of a Brock Lesnar fight. His name alone gives them tons of PPV revenue. IMO, he won't be on the FOX card.

Just looked at the upcoming schedule for UFC

August 27th: Silva vs Okami (PPV)
**Three weeks off**
September 17th: Shields vs Ellenberger (free)
September 24th: Jones vs Rampage (PPV)
October 1st: Cruz vs Johnson (free)
October 8th: Edgar vs Maynard (PPV)
**Three weeks off**
October 29th: GSP vs Shields (PPV)
November 5th: Leben vs Munoz (Please tell me this one is free....?)
November 12th: UFC on FOX (free)
November 19th: Velasquez vs JDS (PPV)
**Two weeks off**
December 3rd: TUF Finale (free)
December 10th: UFC 140 (PPV)
The one month in a row of UFC's starting October 29th is awesome for me, bad for my girlfriend. Add the NFL on Sundays and I don't see much need to leave my house on weekends during that stretch.

And yeah, the Leben/Munoz one is free.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

There's only going to be two fights televised, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out. If Brock is ready to go, he'd be an ideal candidate for a fight, but I can see them saving him for a PPV. Franklin would be a good fit for a card like this, but who does he fight? Forrest/Tito would be interesting, assuming he loses to Shogun, but I doubt Forrest would want that quick of a turnaround after losing(hypothetically).

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 08-18-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

This likely means nothing, but I was on UFC.com looking through the 185ers for potential Vitor Belfort opponents and Royce Gracie is listed there now.

Usually I'd say this is nothing but with Rio coming up..

Old
08-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
This likely means nothing, but I was on UFC.com looking through the 185ers for potential Vitor Belfort opponents and Royce Gracie is listed there now.

Usually I'd say this is nothing but with Rio coming up..
Yea I saw that listed on there awhile back, when there were rumours of him fighting on the card, not sure if it means anything though. Couture and Liddell are still listed at 205 afterall.

Closed Thread