HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!)

Old
08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 500
Another 70's?

Geez.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:15 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

can someone please tell me if Yemelin has recently played the Right side, because I watched during the World Championship and he was playing the left side. I've read that he plays both side, but is he effective playing the right side. Its not something that you can easily do if you are a left hand shot. It took Gorges a while to get use to it, and Spacek was basically forced into it. IMO unless he has mastered playing RD, it would be too much to ask for right way for him to play with Markov, meaning that game 1 line up might be

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Yemelin-Spacek/Weber.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:23 AM
WestIslander

So it is YEMELIN and not EMELIN!

Cannot wait to see this guy hit and be a pest in this league.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:50 AM
katatoniak

Looks soooo fluid on skates ... I would like to see him play with Markov if he's good enough on defense so Markov can concentrate about creating offense

Can some of you identify all the players on the ice ? I saw Eller, Emelin and Berger but who are those other guy ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:33 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Wow, the anticipation for the start of this season could not get any higher right now. I also checked out the highlights video and was amazed. He seems very agile and quick and knows what to do right away when the puck is on his stick. He is a very smart player and his pass from the point to the slot is so precise. Imagine, now Cammy has; Markov, Subban and Yemelin all feeding him for that one-timer.

As for Berger. I think he hate too many "bergers" before hitting the ice. He looked sluggish in his skating, often had his head down and looked gassed by the end of it. His one-timers were pretty nice though. Hope he can get his skating worked on.
Who hates ''bergers'' ? Haha

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:45 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Man Yemelin looked smooth out there, I know it wasn't much but he's a really fluid mover on the ice.

Anyone else think that Spacek is going to play really well next year and it won't matter because both Weber and Yemelin will forcing the hand of the team to play them every night at his expense.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Another 70's?

Geez.
And wearing old Sergei's #, good for all those with Kostitsyn jerseys that can now just change the name plate

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Who hates ''bergers'' ? Haha
Oh wow, how did I make that mistake. Nice find.

Old
08-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Habs

What a great skater, I never realized he was that mobile. I know its just a practice, but he moves really well.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM

What a great skater! I doubt he's 6' 2" 220 like advertised though.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Damn you Apple and your incompatible IPhones!
Get skyfire browser watch flash videos with iphone

Rbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Jigger77

I keep hearing this guy is a stay at home defensive defenseman but I keep seeing offensive flair and swagger in the few clips I've watched.

This guy's not a stay at home defenseman imo.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I agree.

He doesn't look that big, but maybe that was just because there was nobody around him to compare in height.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
windycity

yeah his skating looked good, even more mobile than I hoped

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I keep hearing this guy is a stay at home defensive defenseman but I keep seeing offensive flair and swagger in the few clips I've watched.

This guy's not a stay at home defenseman imo.
He's had 7 seasons in the RSL/KHL, in his first 6 seasons he played 251 games and had 34 points. This past season he plaed in 52 games and had 27 pts. So in one season he had almost as many points as he did in his entire career. Before this past season, only once in his 6 years did he get more then 7 pts in a season, so really it's hard to say just what we will be getting. Clearly he had a breakout season, and he's got some offensive skills but we'll have to see if that translates over here.

It's kind of funny when you see that in the previous 4 seasons he had 3 goals, then this past season he gets 11 goals, 2 more then his entire career totals. (251 games, 9 goals vs 52 games 11 goals)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He's had 7 seasons in the RSL/KHL, in his first 6 seasons he played 251 games and had 34 points. This past season he plaed in 52 games and had 27 pts. So in one season he had almost as many points as he did in his entire career. Before this past season, only once in his 6 years did he get more then 7 pts in a season, so really it's hard to say just what we will be getting. Clearly he had a breakout season, and he's got some offensive skills but we'll have to see if that translates over here.

It's kind of funny when you see that in the previous 4 seasons he had 3 goals, then this past season he gets 11 goals, 2 more then his entire career totals. (251 games, 9 goals vs 52 games 11 goals)
Interesting. Sounds like he's finding an offensive flair as he builds confidence.

To me he has the look of a Markov or Subban or Streit on the ice more than say a Komisarek (back in the day). Hey, if the guy can provide a bit of both then all the better.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Ginu

His skating reminds me of Wisniewski actually. If he's a stay at home defenseman, he may turn out to be more well-rounded if he can also pitch in on offense once in a while.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:46 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Holy smokes. Does Berger skate like a deformed ape or what?! Hopefully he can turn that around with Hamilton's coaches.
I wouldn't put too much stock into this video. He's clearly gassed which makes me think that this was probably the last of a series of skating drills. Not that his skating doesn't need to improve, but filming someone doing the last of several windsprints isn't exactly flattering.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

guess this solves the whole 'north american ice' argument once and for all.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
He's perhaps more massive than usual, I'm 210 while I look 190 because of my build...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:14 PM
bipolarhabfan

His skating is sublime. It does not seem like he is putting any effort in his stride. Cant wait to see Yemlin play his first game as a Hab!

I am getting kinda tired of the NASCAR numbers our players seem to be choosing recentley We have the market cornered on the 70s (72, 74, 75, 76, and 79) .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
HCH

Quote:
Interesting. Sounds like he's finding an offensive flair as he builds confidence.

To me he has the look of a Markov or Subban or Streit on the ice more than say a Komisarek (back in the day). Hey, if the guy can provide a bit of both then all the better.
I don't know if it is confidence or opportunity. At the World Juniors he certainly showed he had offensive abilities.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Yea he has some skills but it makes you wonder what happened to him to get only 3 or 4 points in back to back seasons. But hopefully he can build off the success he's had this past season.

I know that from what I had heard, the talk was that when he left Lada (where he had filed to take Lada to court for not paying him) he signed with AK Bars for a big pay raise from what he was making. AK Bars is known for taking good care of their players as they have a very rich owner, some fans in Russia said they thought the money went to Emelin's head and that he wasn't working hard enough.

In his first 3 seasons with AK Bars he struggled to produce (seasons of 4, then 3 then 7 pts) but whatever happened this year things clicked as he set career highs across the board. Perhaps now that he's getting a little older he's more mature, plus with having a family now maybe he's more serious about his job. Granted this is all wild speculation, I have been watching Emelin since the WJC's and have seen him play with Lada and AK Bars but I really don't know what to make of him in the NHL. I personally like him a lot and think he might do very well for us and I predict if he gets regular ice time, there's going to be several hate threads on the main board as other teams fans are not going to like him very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I don't know if it is confidence or opportunity. At the World Juniors he certainly showed he had offensive abilities.
He was impressive at the WJC's for sure. I know the talk was that he wasn't working hard enough after getting a big payday. He went from making the WC team to not even getting invited back to the prelim camp the next, so something went wrong but at least he was able to get back on track on this past season and hopefully he can use that and build off that in North America.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Right next to Markov.
All that tells me is his english sucks and needs Markov to translate and talk to lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Berger looked slower than bonk, but maybe they just started filming him at the tail end of a long sprint or something.

But yeah, yemelin showed some great mobility there.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote