HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi makes first cut (15 players) at US camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2011, 11:02 PM
  #101
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
OB wasn't as intimidating in Montreal because he was playing scared. When you know your next mistake puts you on the bench or in the press box you're not going to run around and run guys over or be too agressive and take a penality and have the same result.

Pronger has never been in the same stratosphere as the season Komisarek had in 07-08, he wasn't the same the following year and really fell apart when he blew up his shoulder. Pronger's physical/intimidation thing is massively overrated because of a few suspensions on cheap shots 5 or 6 years ago. The last few years he can barely stay in the lineup let alone scare anybody.
WTH...what a terrible statement...you're probably just trolling.

Last two seasons : 2009-2010 82 GP 55 PTS 25:55 TOI
playoffs 23 GP 18 PTS 29:03 TOI
2010-2011 50 GP 25 PTS 22:29 TOI
playoffs 3 GP 1 PTS 13:55 TOI
Last seasons he was just injuried and no it isn't the case where stats doesn't tell all the story he is an all star dman.


Last edited by Forsead: 08-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:47 AM
  #102
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
WTH...what a terrible statement...you're probably just trolling.

Last two seasons : 2009-2010 82 GP 55 PTS 25:55 TOI
playoffs 23 GP 18 PTS 29:03 TOI
2010-2011 50 GP 25 PTS 22:29 TOI
playoffs 3 GP 1 PTS 13:55 TOI
Last seasons he was just injuried and no it isn't the case where stats doesn't tell all the story he is an all star dman.
No kidding.

Last season an argument could be made he regressed but he was also injured so it's a tough claim to make. Pronger is one of the Top 3 defenseman over the last 10 years in the NHL, along with Lidstrom and Niedermayer.

I don't like his current contract, it's a huge albatross given that it's a 35+ contract and it has a sizeable cap hit going forward but there is no denying he should be able to live up to it for atleast the next 2 seasons, but it's hard to say. In any event no one should try to play down how good he's been in the past.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:18 AM
  #103
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post


I'd say that's pretty mean. Kaleta is no pushover
You do realize that 1 youtube clip is not an argument?

I can find zillion of clips of soft players going mean once in a blue moon. Not saying OB was super soft and a pushover (as if there's no middle ground with some of you) but he certainly is no mean SOB. Also, players will do what's necessary to make the NHL. OB knows that this is what Habs wanted from him so he tried here and there, but it is not natural to him. It's quite obvious when you watch him play.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:22 AM
  #104
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
OB wasn't as intimidating in Montreal because he was playing scared. When you know your next mistake puts you on the bench or in the press box you're not going to run around and run guys over or be too agressive and take a penality and have the same result.

Pronger has never been in the same stratosphere as the season Komisarek had in 07-08, he wasn't the same the following year and really fell apart when he blew up his shoulder. Pronger's physical/intimidation thing is massively overrated because of a few suspensions on cheap shots 5 or 6 years ago. The last few years he can barely stay in the lineup let alone scare anybody.


Pronger was voted the most mean SOB and cheapshot artist by the players no longuer than last year or 2 years ago. He IS a very intimidating presence on the ice, not for is hits, but for is the elbows and stick work.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:02 PM
  #105
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
I think you all missed the main point of the article:

Tinordi is now 215 pounds.

What a beast he'll be, at 6'7'', 220+ in a year or two.
Too bad his positioning and skating are not very good I watched him in London a number of times on a re building Knights squad and he played fewer the 12 min a game and never saw much ice on the PP or PK he really reminds me of the pylon Souray.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
  #106
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Normally I like Carey Price and his comments. The poster of course.

But Pronger barely able to stay in the lineup or scare anyone? At first glance I thought you were describing Komi and was fine with it. Then I realized you were talking about Pronger and to be quite honest I'm shocked.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
  #107
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
You do realize that 1 youtube clip is not an argument?

I can find zillion of clips of soft players going mean once in a blue moon. Not saying OB was super soft and a pushover (as if there's no middle ground with some of you) but he certainly is no mean SOB. Also, players will do what's necessary to make the NHL. OB knows that this is what Habs wanted from him so he tried here and there, but it is not natural to him. It's quite obvious when you watch him play.
Yup, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0Uhf9LI70

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:04 PM
  #108
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Too bad his positioning and skating are not very good I watched him in London a number of times on a re building Knights squad and he played fewer the 12 min a game and never saw much ice on the PP or PK he really reminds me of the pylon Souray.
The U.S under 20 management disagrees with you. People keep forgetting that there's something called an "adjustment period".

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:23 PM
  #109
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post


Pronger was voted the most mean SOB and cheapshot artist by the players no longuer than last year or 2 years ago. He IS a very intimidating presence on the ice, not for is hits, but for is the elbows and stick work.
exactly...

Pronger's best abilility is his smarts... he knows how to throw people off their games, wether it's by force, by finesse or by dirty play.

the best possible thing that could happen to Tinordi would be for him to model his game after Pronger's, and quickly learn how to use his size/toughness to get under people's skin WITHOUT getting sent to the penalty box all the time.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:06 PM
  #110
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:14 PM
  #111
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.
I recognize your point, but at the same time I am certain the coaches and Habs management have been pushing him to do so. Not to mention his father!

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:36 AM
  #112
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.
Why...?

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:04 AM
  #113
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.
WTF?

Tinordi is not and will never be an offensive D. His ticket to the NHL is being a mean tough D that can defend his teammates.

When asked about all is fights in the OHL last year, he personnaly said that he knows that he needs this for his game to make the NHL and that he needs to get his feet wet now, he can't start fighting at the NHL without some experience otherwise he will get killed, no matter how big he is.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:17 AM
  #114
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.
go watch KHL hockey if you don't like it!

His ability to defend his teammates, goalie and bring energy to a team that needs it mixed with his solid skating, big hits and defensive awareness will make him quite the asset one day, ESPECIALLY on the Montreal Canadiens.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:54 AM
  #115
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
WTF?

Tinordi is not and will never be an offensive D. His ticket to the NHL is being a mean tough D that can defend his teammates.

When asked about all is fights in the OHL last year, he personnaly said that he knows that he needs this for his game to make the NHL and that he needs to get his feet wet now, he can't start fighting at the NHL without some experience otherwise he will get killed, no matter how big he is.
The fact he is fighting in junior because he knows he needs to in order to succeed doesn't say a whole lot about him as a prospect. I'm hopeful, but not because of this. He needs to round out his defensive positioning and worry less about dropping the gloves.

It's a nice thing to add to his game if all other aspects come into form, if not, he'll struggle to ever make an impact on a NHL roster. He's got a long, long way to go.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
  #116
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
go watch KHL hockey if you don't like it!

His ability to defend his teammates, goalie and bring energy to a team that needs it mixed with his solid skating, big hits and defensive awareness will make him quite the asset one day, ESPECIALLY on the Montreal Canadiens.
Sounds to me like you've seen him play exactly zero games.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 09:23 AM
  #117
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Sounds to me like you've seen him play exactly zero games.
Everybody knows that last year was a disspointing year for him. Not a whole lot should have thought he would have turned out as an offensive d-man....but most people thought he'd be a force defensively and CLEARLY he wasn't. Yet, that does NOT determinate whether he'll have a good NHL career or any career at all.

But the fighting part HAD to be added to his game whether we like it or not. A big guy who plays mean with big body checks needs to round out their game by adding the fighting aspect from time to time. Nobody wants him to be our future goon. But he'll need to initiate at some point.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:14 AM
  #118
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Haters gonna hate.....I think the point here is that he has been recognized as one of the best American D-men in his age group and he is among some very good company as all the D competing for a job on that US team are excellent prospects.

How he ends up panning out in the NHL is going to depend a lot on how he improves over the next few years. He has obviously improved since last year and that is really more important than how he did. He needs to keep improving. I guess the hope for us faithful (haha) habs fans is that the finished product will an asset to the organization.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
  #119
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
go watch KHL hockey if you don't like it!

His ability to defend his teammates, goalie and bring energy to a team that needs it mixed with his solid skating, big hits and defensive awareness will make him quite the asset one day, ESPECIALLY on the Montreal Canadiens.
Agreed I hope this guy is in the NHL in two years!


Subban, Markov, Emelin, Tinordi


As a top four is exciting. Great mix of mobility size leadership and grit.

Weber and Diaz may round out the bottom pair.

PP 1 - Subban - Markov
PP2 - Weber - Diaz

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:46 AM
  #120
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Agreed I hope this guy is in the NHL in two years!


Subban, Markov, Emelin, Tinordi


As a top four is exciting. Great mix of mobility size leadership and grit.

Weber and Diaz may round out the bottom pair.

PP 1 - Subban - Markov
PP2 - Weber - Diaz
Gorges?

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
  #121
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact Tinordi has resorted to fighting already is kinda discouraging whether he wins them or not.
Why? Like it or not fighting is going to be part of his game. Better to learn how to fight in the OHL against teenagers than at the pro level.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:50 AM
  #122
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Why? Like it or not fighting is going to be part of his game. Better to learn how to fight in the OHL against teenagers than at the pro level.
Never mind. I've stated why numerous times. I know it's unpopular to not think everyone about the Habs is fantastic. I'll refrain from posting negative assessments of Tinordi and we can all wait and see.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
  #123
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Never mind. I've stated why numerous times. I know it's unpopular to not think everyone about the Habs is fantastic. I'll refrain from posting negative assessments of Tinordi and we can all wait and see.
No one's saying everything about the Habs (or Tinordi) is fantastic. In fact, a lot of people here are saying the opposite, that he's been a disappointment. People are taking exception to your idea that it's bad that he learns to fight. They didn't draft him to be the next Lidstrom, dictating the play with advanced hockey sense and subtle stick work. They want him to be our Pronger. They want him to be an intimidating, nasty, physical force.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:53 PM
  #124
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
No one's saying everything about the Habs (or Tinordi) is fantastic. In fact, a lot of people here are saying the opposite, that he's been a disappointment. People are taking exception to your idea that it's bad that he learns to fight. They didn't draft him to be the next Lidstrom, dictating the play with advanced hockey sense and subtle stick work. They want him to be our Pronger. They want him to be an intimidating, nasty, physical force.
No kidding, but if he continues down the path he's going, he isn't going to be doing any of it.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
  #125
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
No one's saying everything about the Habs (or Tinordi) is fantastic. In fact, a lot of people here are saying the opposite, that he's been a disappointment. People are taking exception to your idea that it's bad that he learns to fight. They didn't draft him to be the next Lidstrom, dictating the play with advanced hockey sense and subtle stick work. They want him to be our Pronger. They want him to be an intimidating, nasty, physical force.
If Tinordi becomes what I hope he'll become I hope he almost never fights. His biggest asset should be defensive and PK play. If he doesn't develop past a bottom pairing slow moving d-man who you can't really play against top offensive lines than I'll be happy if he learned to fight, if he goes above and beyond that ceiling I couldn't care less if he never gets in a fight his whole career.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.