HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei vs sergei

Old
08-19-2011, 12:20 AM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Andrei vs sergei

I would like to see andrei Kostitsyn end up in Nashville, would be super cool to have brothers on the team, and with the talk about Martin and andrei's relationship being poor it just may happen, My question is this though,

At this point in time, which of the two do you think has more trade value?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:34 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I think Sergei is the better of the 2, but AK may have more value.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Like I Will Son said above, Andrei has the most value in the real world, but SK is the better player.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
maplepred

The reason I ask is because before last season andrei was considered a better player for sure over Sergei, so I am wondering if andrei's talents could end up higher if he also left Montreal? Also, would it benefit both of these brothers to be back together?

Old
08-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
The reason I ask is because before last season andrei was considered a better player for sure over Sergei, so I am wondering if andrei's talents could end up higher if he also left Montreal? Also, would it benefit both of these brothers to be back together?
I know a common belief is that having brothers on the same team sounds too good to be true, granted it's not the entire reason people are hopeful, however I'm just not convinced that it will go smoothly. They're both LWs, they'll be competing for icetime, and who knows if they even like each other even though they're brothers. Maybe one doesn't want to be overshadowed by the other resulting in another disgruntled Kostitsyn. Also, it's taking another risk on a reclamation project that I'm growing tired of seeing. Yes sometimes it's necessary to get lucky to build on a budget but at this stage where winning needs to happen now, you need guys who are proven.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:20 PM
maplepred

I agree definitely about needing a proven scorer, but who could we get? Also, would Poile be willing to deal one of Blum, Ellis, or josi?

I think if a top line sniper cannot be had, then Kostitsyn could be our best bet just because i think he has more potential than he shows in Montreal,
Do you Kostitsyn would be a worse pickup than stastny? Weiss? Boyes?

Old
08-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
I agree definitely about needing a proven scorer, but who could we get? Also, would Poile be willing to deal one of Blum, Ellis, or josi?

I think if a top line sniper cannot be had, then Kostitsyn could be our best bet just because i think he has more potential than he shows in Montreal,
Do you Kostitsyn would be a worse pickup than stastny? Weiss? Boyes?
AK would be a better pick up than Weiss and Boyes, not Stastny

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
depends

sometimes players can't adjust to a coach's system or a style of play or other issues.

Or they adjust better with a change of scenery (as was SK's case)

Just how many players have had their career decimated by signing in The Big Apple ?

as far as playing together goes I watched some of the habs games back in the '08 season and the duo looked good on the PP (don't think played together at even strength until the playoffs started)

then again perhaps Carbonneau knew how to utilize their talents in a way to complement one another - UNLIKE MARTIN. damn stupid geezer

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:45 AM
tserberis*

Who can drop Chara???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S91cdUps54

I would be happy to see him back together with his brother...

They play good together, trust me...

Check out 08-09 season, January I believe, their trio with lang in the middle carried the team...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:35 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Kostitsyn brothers played well at times together in the past (Habs fan here) but at times Sergei looked like he was trying to force the play too much to get Andrei passes, instead of just playing his game. Maybe he's smarter about that now, entirely possible.

I'd say Andrei still has the higher trade value personally.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:47 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I agree that AK has the higher trade value. I think SK has the better potential, and if he reaches that potential he will be the better of the two. With that said, I don't see a trade happening. Montreal isn't likely to be a seller at the deadline. If they are I wouldn't expect a roster player or blue chip going back. Probably a pick. Possibly a first, but I doubt it. If he does come here it's much more likely we sign him this summer.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:15 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I've been clamoring for this move for awhile now. I'll just sit tight and be hopeful.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm still skeptical about the idea that adding AK will have an impact on the team. He isn't a huge producer. Having said that, if adding him to the team improves our PP then we win.

Old
08-20-2011, 02:09 PM
maplepred

I would love to see him end up here via free agency then it wouldn't cost us anything! But don't we need to get someone now so guys like weber and suter know that Poile is dedicated to winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I agree that AK has the higher trade value. I think SK has the better potential, and if he reaches that potential he will be the better of the two. With that said, I don't see a trade happening. Montreal isn't likely to be a seller at the deadline. If they are I wouldn't expect a roster player or blue chip going back. Probably a pick. Possibly a first, but I doubt it. If he does come here it's much more likely we sign him this summer.

Old
08-20-2011, 03:37 PM
cleangene

Quote:
I would love to see him end up here via free agency then it wouldn't cost us anything! But don't we need to get someone now so guys like weber and suter know that Poile is dedicated to winning?
"I would love to see him end up here via free agency then it wouldn't cost us anything! But don't we need to get someone now so guys like weber and suter know that Poile is dedicated to winning?''

IMO.....HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited by cleangene: 08-20-2011 at 04:44 PM.
cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:13 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If the difference between Weber wanting to stay and Weber wanting to go is Andrei Kostitsyn then we have nothing to worry about...

Old
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If the difference between Weber wanting to stay and Weber wanting to go is Andrei Kostitsyn then we have nothing to worry about...
A blockbuster trade involving a high end sniper coming our way and prospects/picks and maybe a roster player going the other way would show weber that we are dedicated to winning! Then in offseason signing andrei would help to! But if andrei and Sergei are both free agents next season maybe they go to a team that will pay for both of them? Which one would make more money?

Old
08-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Andrei would be the perfect fit for the preds. A true shooter with some potential. He is a smart player on both ends of the rink. Why would we not want him? He would make our line up formidable and I really hope poile gets it done. Picks and prospects (not named Josi or Wilson) would be ideal.

AK47 Fisher Hornqvist
Erat Legwand Kostitsyn
Tootoo Smithson Spaling
Wilson Cal O Bergfors

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
SpeedDemon

Quote:
don't forget there's still the waiver wire at the start of the season (assuming 1 or 2 Habs prospects perform better.)

Old
08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
SpeedDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Kostitsyn brothers played well at times together in the past (Habs fan here) but at times Sergei looked like he was trying to force the play too much to get Andrei passes, instead of just playing his game. Maybe he's smarter about that now, entirely possible.

I'd say Andrei still has the higher trade value personally.
heck they made magic together during the '08 season at least when it worked (it was also the year the Habs owned the B's) Of course we all know what happened next season (too bad really)

Or how about the world juniors ('07 I think). what was it 7-4 victory over the U.S. (AK had 2 goals, I think, both set up SK if i'm not mistaken) That was hilarious watching the US get embarrassed like that

Old
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan View Post
depends

sometimes players can't adjust to a coach's system or a style of play or other issues.

Or they adjust better with a change of scenery (as was SK's case)

Just how many players have had their career decimated by signing in The Big Apple ?

as far as playing together goes I watched some of the habs games back in the '08 season and the duo looked good on the PP (don't think played together at even strength until the playoffs started)

then again perhaps Carbonneau knew how to utilize their talents in a way to complement one another - UNLIKE MARTIN. damn stupid geezer
Carbo seemed to know how to get more out of the brothers Martin is a tool that stifles offensive talent and kills confidence I wish we could trade Martin I wanted Muller to move into the head position.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote