HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Card of choice

View Poll Results: Which card do you primarily use
Credit 51 29.14%
Debit 124 70.86%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2011, 10:06 PM
  #1
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 179,665
vCash: 500
Card of choice

Informal poll

Discuss

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:07 PM
  #2
Satan
why did she go
 
Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: exchange
Country: Germany
Posts: 39,434
vCash: 50



AINEC.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
  #3
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic
 
tml_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
I don't even have a debit card with money on it, so excuse my ignorance... but don't they charge you a fee everytime you use it?

If that's true, why would anyone ever use it; I mean, many credit cards give you money back for using them O__o"

tml_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:34 PM
  #4
Renbarg
Registered User
 
Renbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,893
vCash: 500
My debit card doesn't charge a fee.


Regardless, if you have empty credit cards (as in you pay the balance off monthly) it would be retarded not to use them. Not only do you get points or rewards, its also a lot easier to get your money back should someone screw you over and/or steal your credit card info (assuming you actually have some money to steal in your bank acct).


Last edited by Renbarg: 08-20-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Renbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:34 PM
  #5
BrixtonBullet
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever View Post
I don't even have a debit card with money on it, so excuse my ignorance... but don't they charge you a fee everytime you use it?

If that's true, why would anyone ever use it; I mean, many credit cards give you money back for using them O__o"
Mine will charge me an extra fee every time I use my bank card as debit so I just go with credit.

BrixtonBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:36 PM
  #6
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,236
vCash: 50
I dont use plastic. Straight cash homie.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:42 PM
  #7
Satan
why did she go
 
Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: exchange
Country: Germany
Posts: 39,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever View Post
I don't even have a debit card with money on it, so excuse my ignorance... but don't they charge you a fee everytime you use it?

If that's true, why would anyone ever use it; I mean, many credit cards give you money back for using them O__o"
I don't get charged when I use my debit card.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:00 AM
  #8
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,753
vCash: 500
Wells Fargo is going to start charging $3/month for debit cards. whats up with that

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:03 AM
  #9
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,427
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever View Post
I don't even have a debit card with money on it, so excuse my ignorance... but don't they charge you a fee everytime you use it?

If that's true, why would anyone ever use it; I mean, many credit cards give you money back for using them O__o"
No, that's not true.

I have a question though. I applied for a credit card and they turned me down and their reason was that I didn't have a bank account long enough. I had this college account for a while now, so do they mean an account that isn't a college account? Let's say they don't, how long does an account have to be open for?

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:11 AM
  #10
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 500
Kane, not sure how it works there, but we're offered credit cards as students all the time. I'm assuming you're 18 at least, so it really shouldn't be a problem.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
  #11
GatoradeG*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,420
vCash: 500
Probably Haunter or Wartortle from Pokemon, Blue Eyes White Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh, Wizardmon from Digimon and the Jack of Spades from a regular deck of cards, also PLUS 4 from UNO.













Last edited by GatoradeG*: 08-20-2011 at 06:47 PM.
GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:31 AM
  #12
Zaide
I'm a renegade
 
Zaide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Quebec City
Country: uriname
Posts: 64,772
vCash: 50
Debit, because I don't have a credit card yet... And when I'll have one, it will mostly be for internet purchases, because I don't want to have to pay too much for my credit card at the end of the month.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:36 AM
  #13
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns
 
Alex The Loyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: McWhatever
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Debit, because I don't have a credit card yet... And when I'll have one, it will mostly be for internet purchases, because I don't want to have to pay too much for my credit card at the end of the month.
Buying internet porn

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:43 AM
  #14
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,932
vCash: 500

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:50 AM
  #15
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 40,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post

__________________
parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:16 AM
  #16
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,310
vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
Kane, not sure how it works there, but we're offered credit cards as students all the time. I'm assuming you're 18 at least, so it really shouldn't be a problem.
Just because your offered to apply for one doesnt mean you'll get it, the people who offer get commission for every applicant whether they get accepted or not.. And to kane im 19, have had a "student" account since I was 14 and I got accepted try.. Idk if that helps

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:28 AM
  #17
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,978
vCash: 422

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:38 AM
  #18
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Regardless, if you have empty credit cards (as in you pay the balance off monthly) it would be retarded not to use them. Not only do you get points or rewards, its a lot easier to get your money back should someone screw you over and/or steal your credit card info (assuming you actually have some money to steal in your bank acct).
Yep, that's what I does.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:49 AM
  #19
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
  #20
sonticus
Blown Tire
 
sonticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 887
vCash: 460
I have a debit card that I can run as either credit or debit, and I usually run as credit just because I'm paranoid about someone seeing my PIN. But I usually choose my debit card over one of my credit cards because I'd rather spend my money directly than charge it and pay any interest on it.

And I don't have any fees on most transactions with my debit card if I run it as credit.

sonticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:51 PM
  #21
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Just because your offered to apply for one doesnt mean you'll get it, the people who offer get commission for every applicant whether they get accepted or not.. And to kane im 19, have had a "student" account since I was 14 and I got accepted try.. Idk if that helps
I'm not saying everyone gets accepted, but I had like 800 bucks in my account lol. It's not like I had a lot of financial backing. Unless you have a horrible credit history somehow, most people here get accepted on student credit cards.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
  #22
Patchey*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gaylord, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,667
vCash: 500

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:57 PM
  #23
sjsharky
Registered User
 
sjsharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mendocino Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500


it allows you to regain control over the game, but doesn't have the game-changing effects of a red card

sjsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
  #24
NFLDPower
Shi Shi Shawww
 
NFLDPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 801
vCash: 500

NFLDPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
  #25
bradbirtch
go leafs go
 
bradbirtch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: brockville ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
debit

bradbirtch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.