HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!)

Old
08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk View Post
Get skyfire browser watch flash videos with iphone
No ****ing way!!! Dude if I ever meet you, 1st, 2nd and 3rd round is on me. Thank you.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock into this video. He's clearly gassed which makes me think that this was probably the last of a series of skating drills. Not that his skating doesn't need to improve, but filming someone doing the last of several windsprints isn't exactly flattering.
The reason he is gassed is his skating style. Running on skates is not exactly energy efficient

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

@lamp9post, the problem is the way he pushed for that sprint. As pointed out, it looks like he's trying to run in his skates When you're his size, you take long strides. He'll learn no doubt.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The habs website has Yemelin listed as 6'2 225. TSN has him around the same size. Eliteprospects has him at 6'1 223.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:36 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The habs website has Yemelin listed as 6'2 225. TSN has him around the same size. Eliteprospects has him at 6'1 223.
ak-bars.ru --> 6'1 223
khl.ru --> 6'2 223

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:37 PM
EveryDay

I hope that JM will try him with PK at some point in the pre game...that could be awesome in the defensive zone!

Markov-Gorges
Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Spacek/Weber

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
I hope that JM will try him with PK at some point in the pre game...that could be awesome in the defensive zone!

Markov-Gorges
Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Spacek/Weber

You know what, that's not a bad idea. Subban is 100x the defensive defensmen he was at the beginning of last season thanks to mr. Gill.

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Gill-Weber
Spacek

Markov get to be the general on his pairing, and Gill now has a new kid with great potential under his wing, I love it!

Old
08-19-2011, 08:48 PM
jdmef8vtec*

could Pierre Mcguire be right

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You know what, that's not a bad idea. Subban is 100x the defensive defensmen he was at the beginning of last season thanks to mr. Gill.

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Gill-Weber
Spacek

Markov get to be the general on his pairing, and Gill now has a new kid with great potential under his wing, I love it!
Either way I expect Markov to be paired with Yemelin at the beginning of the season for a lot of reasons. Markov cannot be expected to log big minutes for a while, and they will probably expect him to "understand" Yemelin the best, as they speak the same language and Markov understands what's needed to adjust from Russian to North American hockey.

In the long run they might not be the best pairing but it seems to be the "safe" option for 3rd line minutes, as one tried to adjust his game to another country and the other tries to regain fitness.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Markov cannot be expected to log big minutes for a while
Why not?

And I expect Markov to be used where he benefits the team most; not to help Yemelin adjust. That can be done in the lockerroom.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why not?

And I expect Markov to be used where he benefits the team most; not to help Yemelin adjust. That can be done in the lockerroom.
I'd love to be wrong, but after missing a good part of two seasons I just don't see Markov being ready for big minutes. On the power play is one thing but the team cannot know what entirely to expect of him on 5 vs 5 play right now.

Plus I think the language connection does matter, especially for defenders. Hamrlik and Spacek would speak to each other in Czech in game even though both speak English fluently.

I'm not saying it'll last long, in an ideal world Markov will return to form as soon as possible, but my prediction is that Martin is going to start the season with those two as the third pairing. Markov is the difference between being good and great this season, and the club is going to want to make sure what happened last season doesn't happen again.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Either way I expect Markov to be paired with Yemelin at the beginning of the season for a lot of reasons. Markov cannot be expected to log big minutes for a while, and they will probably expect him to "understand" Yemelin the best, as they speak the same language and Markov understands what's needed to adjust from Russian to North American hockey.

In the long run they might not be the best pairing but it seems to be the "safe" option for 3rd line minutes, as one tried to adjust his game to another country and the other tries to regain fitness.
I think all 3 pairings could play equal 5 on 5 time without hurting the team. The only rookie we have in the line-up is now 24 years old and has played big caliber hockey for a while now. The reason why I like the pairings so much is that it's the only reasonable way that Emelin and Weber can both Benin the line-up at the same time and have successful learning experiences with good players surrounding them. It's just a matter of time before Subban-Weber becomes our next big pp weapon IMO.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Estimated_Prophet

As much as I would like to see Weber and Yemelin as full time D to start the season, I think we all know that won't happen (barring injuries).

Martin will have Spacek in the lineup to start the season and Yemelin/Weber will be rotated in and out of the lineup.

It will take an injury to open up a spot for these two players or Spacek is just awful.........

Old
08-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
As much as I would like to see Weber and Yemelin as full time D to start the season, I think we all know that won't happen (barring injuries).

Martin will have Spacek in the lineup to start the season and Yemelin/Weber will be rotated in and out of the lineup.

It will take an injury to open up a spot for these two players or Spacek is just awful.........
If you go based on last year he probably will be terrible to start off the season lol he started off realllllyyy slow

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
No ****ing way!!! Dude if I ever meet you, 1st, 2nd and 3rd round is on me. Thank you.
Hahah did it work?

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:07 AM
BobbyFischer*

He looks good..

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
If you go based on last year he probably will be terrible to start off the season lol he started off realllllyyy slow
The problem is Martin will probably allow Spacek to "play" himself into gameshape.

Let's hope Spacek has kept his chin count under two this offseason.

Old
08-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Max Levine

Even though I would have preferred Hamrlik, I'm one who thinks Spacek can have a good season if we leave him on the left side. Therefore, Emelin would be key to the success of this defense corps (barring any injuries) if he can be effective playing on the right side.

Markov - Emelin
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Gorges

would make a very nice defense.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Protest the Hero

He's only used to playing ~50 games a season too. I don't expect him to log big minutes so he can stay fresh down to the end of the season and playoffs.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
He's only used to playing ~50 games a season too. I don't expect him to log big minutes so he can stay fresh down to the end of the season and playoffs.
Anyone coming from Europe/Russia is used to play 50 games. Eller, for instance, played 50 games in the SEL and almost 80 the following year in Peoria/St-Louis (1st line and 1st PP in Peoria).

I understand your concern but I'd give more playing time to a 25-year old over a 36-year old.

Plus, I doubt he would get much ice time on the PP or on the PK.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Hope he can play on the right side, he's a lefty after all, not all D can play their off side...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Hope he can play on the right side, he's a lefty after all, not all D can play their off side...
A lot of left handed players can because most of the time there aren't any right handed shots.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:16 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Did he wear a shield in the KHL?

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Pff.. that's not Yemelin. He's still in the KHL and will be here in 2 years.
i gotta admit, im amazed its finally happened, took 5 years. really glad to see him finally come over i think hes going to be great for us and completely replace hamrlik

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I'd love to be wrong, but after missing a good part of two seasons I just don't see Markov being ready for big minutes. On the power play is one thing but the team cannot know what entirely to expect of him on 5 vs 5 play right now.

Plus I think the language connection does matter, especially for defenders. Hamrlik and Spacek would speak to each other in Czech in game even though both speak English fluently.

I'm not saying it'll last long, in an ideal world Markov will return to form as soon as possible, but my prediction is that Martin is going to start the season with those two as the third pairing. Markov is the difference between being good and great this season, and the club is going to want to make sure what happened last season doesn't happen again.
We didn't re-sign Markov to 5.75M for 3years not to make him play big minutes. He might not get them right from the first pre-season game, but it shouldn't take too long.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote