HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Value NYR-NJD blockbuster Stepan + Larsson as principals

Old
08-20-2011, 12:38 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
Lindmark = Jamie Lundmark + Oscar Lindberg
Almost like Ichiro. He has no 2nd name.

Just Lindmark

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
And.. Lindmark? Wolski and Hagelin playing on the 4th line and Rupp on the 3rd? So many things are wrong with this thread.
Wolski is overrated, I'd let his lazy ass go cheap so we don't have to buy him out.

Lindmark looks good otherwise and GREAT at faceoffs, one area where Stepan, if memory serves, was only so-so.

Don't have a cow, man, Rupp is interchangeable 3rd or 4th line, and apologies for forgetting Feds. However, he's not getting any younger, and Weise and Hagelin are due for full shot at the squad if they can earn it.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddardStark View Post
Just like one Henrik Lundqvist, who is fashioned by some as King Henrik.

Let me guess, you thought he was definitely leaving too, right? When he signed a one year deal, and then later in the year agreed to a long-term deal?
When did I ever say the one year deal had anything to do with it? I didn't. I said based on the fact that their team is declining. Brodeur will be retiring. Who plays goal? Elias is getting old. They also really have no good farm system IMO. The only players on that team worth mentioning besides a 39 year old Brodeur and a 35 year old Elias, are Zajac, Parise, and Kovalchuk who has a MONSTER contract.

Now take a look at the Rangers for example. Promising young D, a 30 year old Henrik, playing with Richards and Gaborik, having Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Callahan as your second line. Boyle, Prust, Rupp. Prospects like Kreider and Thomas coming up, etc... The Rangers for example, are a much more enticing team for Parise, as are other teams not named the Devils. Just my honest opinion, not trying to start arguments here. I think Parise knows if he comes to the Rangers, that is a Stanley Cup team right there.

08-20-2011, 12:40 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Wolski is overrated, I'd let his lazy ass go cheap so we don't have to buy him out.

Lindmark looks good otherwise and GREAT at faceoffs, one area where Stepan, if memory serves, was only so-so.

Don't have a cow, man, Rupp is interchangeable 3rd or 4th line, and apologies for forgetting Feds. However, he's not getting any younger, and Weise and Hagelin are due for full shot at the squad if they can earn it.
Lindmark doesn't exist.

Do you mean Lindberg? If so, there's no guarantee that he's NHL ready whereas Stepan is already a second line center on many teams.

That Stepan Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

Lindmark is irrelevant because he doesnt even exist. Even if he did, faceoffs is no reason to rid of Stepan, a 45 point 20 year old center. Lindberg has yet to play a single NHL contest and is more of a 4th line center than a third.

I hate Wolski too but you wont get much use out of him on the 4th line.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:45 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Lindmark is irrelevant because he doesnt even exist.

I hate Wolski too but you wont get much use out of him on the 4th line.
Rupp is totally the better option.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Rupp is totally the better option.
Don't you mean Rabb?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I think both teams say no to this one. We're trading an established 2nd line center player in his rookie year for a position where we are already deep at. I also think Erixon will have a better 1st few seasons than Larsson, so I see no point in acquiring him. Just wait next offseason for Suter or Weber.

I really hope you mean Adam Larsson and not Philip Larsen of the Stars.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Don't you mean Rabb?
Who? That guy from the Oilers?

Old
08-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Who? That guy from the Oilers?
Nah, didn't he sign a 3 year extension worth 4.5 million with the Penguins?

Old
08-20-2011, 12:52 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Nah, didn't he sign a 3 year extension worth 4.5 million with the Penguins?
I think that was with the New York Jets.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
I think that was with the New York Jets.
Was it a sign and trade? Did the Yankees get anyone back for him?

Old
08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Was it a sign and trade? Did the Yankees get anyone back for him?
They got Brian Boyle + Dan Girardi + Cam Talbot and a 3rd Rd. Pick.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:58 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Don't you mean Rabb?
My lineup if this trade goes through.

Parisye Tichards Gaporick
Dudinski Anisimow Callaham
Wolskey Lindmark Hagelimb
Rubb Christensensenen Brust

Very strong lineup all around, IMO

Old
08-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
They got Brian Boyle + Dan Girardi + Cam Talbot and a 3rd Rd. Pick.
I thought it was a 2nd rounder? I guess the Knicks were overvaluing him and only got a 3rd...

Old
08-20-2011, 01:00 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
I thought it was a 2nd rounder? I guess the Knicks were overvaluing him and only got a 3rd...
The 3rd got traded for Filatov.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
When did I ever say the one year deal had anything to do with it? I didn't. I said based on the fact that their team is declining. Brodeur will be retiring. Who plays goal? Elias is getting old. They also really have no good farm system IMO. The only players on that team worth mentioning besides a 39 year old Brodeur and a 35 year old Elias, are Zajac, Parise, and Kovalchuk who has a MONSTER contract.

Now take a look at the Rangers for example. Promising young D, a 30 year old Henrik, playing with Richards and Gaborik, having Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Callahan as your second line. Boyle, Prust, Rupp. Prospects like Kreider and Thomas coming up, etc... The Rangers for example, are a much more enticing team for Parise, as are other teams not named the Devils. Just my honest opinion, not trying to start arguments here. I think Parise knows if he comes to the Rangers, that is a Stanley Cup team right there.
Declining, huh? That's rich, coming from the team that didn't make the playoffs at all just last season.

Brodeur was down 50 games two years ago. Clemmensen kept us afloat. Derp dee derp.

Elias is still a warrior, but his production can be replaced. *coughTedenbycough*

You can't judge the farm when they're still young and don't get a chance when there are so many veterans. There is always a diamond in the rough that, when given the opportunity, will stick out and make a name for himself. Kind of like Brian Boyle...

Kovalchuk does have a monster bargain of a contract. Thank you for reminding me. I would sooner have him at 15 years and 6.67M, than 10 years at 9M. But you can't really begrudge us because of one itty bitty signing? Glen Sather poops himself way too many times for you to come out clean if you were to make such a bold suggestion. Ahem, Holik, Gomez, Drury, Richards, Redden. Just a few of many others.

I like how the Devils part of your post is all doom and gloom, but when it's the Rangers, it's all sun shine and gum drops. I like this false world you live in. Must be nice. Keep yourself in that insulated bubble, no one will be able to hurt your feelings.

Did you seriously just say Anisimov on your second line is a good thing? Oh, but what about that other russian that you guys clamored over so highly, only to see him drop from the skies?

Oh, and don't forget, McIlrath > Larsson.

Tyrion Targaryen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

But that's unkosher, us Jew Yorkers won't tolerate that

Old
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:

Where's Wieze?

Old
08-20-2011, 01:02 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Declining, huh? That's rich, coming from the team that didn't make the playoffs at all just last season.

Brodeur was down 50 games two years ago. Clemmensen kept us afloat. Derp dee derp.

Elias is still a warrior, but his production can be replaced. *coughTedenbycough*

You can't judge the farm when they're still young and don't get a chance when there are so many veterans. There is always a diamond in the rough that, when given the opportunity, will stick out and make a name for himself. Kind of like Brian Boyle...

Kovalchuk does have a monster bargain of a contract. Thank you for reminding me. I would sooner have him at 15 years and 6.67M, than 10 years at 9M. But you can't really begrudge us because of one itty bitty signing? Glen Sather poops himself way too many times for you to come out clean if you were to make such a bold suggestion. Ahem, Holik, Gomez, Drury, Richards. Just a few of many others.

I like how the Devils part of your post is all doom and gloom, but when it's the Rangers, it's all sun shine and gum drops. I like this false world you live in. Must be nice. Keep yourself in that insulated bubble, no one will be able to hurt your feelings.

Did you seriously just say Anisimov on your second line is a good thing? Oh, but what about that other russian that you guys clamored over so highly, only to see him drop from the skies?

Wait, do I get a cookie for acknowledging the Devils and their transition period along with their success?

Old
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Wait, do I get a cookie for acknowledging the Devils and their transition period along with their success?
Don't feed the insecure troll.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
But that's unkosher, us Jew Yorkers won't tolerate that
Dudinski won't be able to play along side him, it's unkosher. Callaham will need to switch with Wieze.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:04 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Don't feed the insecure troll.
Correction, I'm asking him to feed me a cookie.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Correction, I'm asking him to feed me a cookie.
Haha touche.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Kovalchuk does have a monster bargain of a contract. Thank you for reminding me. I would sooner have him at 15 years and 6.67M, than 10 years at 9M. But you can't really begrudge us because of one itty bitty signing? Glen Sather poops himself way too many times for you to come out clean if you were to make such a bold suggestion. Ahem, Holik, Gomez, Drury, Richards. Just a few of many others.

Damn, bro, take a chill pill and relax a bit. Like I said it is my opinion and not trying to start an argument, you clearly have other plans. By the way, we've made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years, so I don't know what this "coming from the team that didn't make the playoffs at all just last season." means... And just because I say declining, doesn't mean you should automatically take offense as if I'm calling your team a pile of crap, which I'm not. But when 2 of your top 5 players are 35+, it takes some time to re-build that. The Devils could very well be great again in 3 years, they don't need a massive re-build, they ain't the Oilers. You took my post and went ape-**** on it, IMO.

Also your point about Sather making huge signings is irrelevant. I didn't say Kovy was a bad signing did I? No. I said ownership may not want two huge contracts. James Dolan on the other hand, allows Sather to throw out $6+ million contracts to everyone. So please stop. Also claiming that Clemmensen is your next goalie when Marty retires is just laughable. Oh and yea, having Anisimov who has FANTASTIC chemistry with Callahan and Dubinsky as our second line center is a bad thing, yea right... Keep telling yourself that. I think you are the one living in the false world. And please point out where I stated that McIlrath was better than Larsson. I'd love for you to do that.

Last edited by Clowes Line: 08-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.