HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 20 Prospects, #17

View Poll Results: #17
Joakim Andersson - C 19 38.00%
Benjamin Marshall - D 1 2.00%
Landon Ferraro - C 9 18.00%
Nick Jensen - D 2 4.00%
Thomas McCollum - G 6 12.00%
Daniel Larson - G 0 0%
Marek Tvrdon - LW 4 8.00%
Andrej Nestrasil - C 2 4.00%
Trevor Parkes - RW 0 0%
Alexei Marchenko - D 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Anchor Town

vCash: 500
Top 20 Prospects, #17

Detroit Red Wings Top 20:

1. Brendan Smith - Defense
2. Tomas Tatar - Left Wing
3. Gustav Nyquist - Left Wing
4. Calle Jarnkrok - Center
5. Teemu Pulkkinen - Right Wing
6. Jan Mursak - Right Wing
7. Riley Sheahan - Center
8. Tomas Jurco - Left Wing
9. Dick Axelsson - Left Wing (vote off will occur after top 20 is finished)
9. Ryan Sproul - Defense (vote off will occur after top 20 is finished)
9. Adam Almqvist - Defense (vote off will occur after top 20 is finished)
12. Corey Emmerton
13. Louis-Marc Aubry - Center
14. Petr Mrazek - Goalie
15. Mitchell Callahan - Right Wing
16. Xavier Ouellet - Defense

Next Added: Daniel Larson

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Andersson again, add Backman.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Landon Ferraro, as if he turns it around this season, we could be considering him as a top 10 prospect this time next year.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Landon Ferraro, as if he turns it around this season, we could be considering him as a top 10 prospect this time next year.
It's impressive how deep our prospect pool is and nothing probably demonstrates that more than McCollum and Ferraro being outside the top 15. They can both move up the list quickly in the future if they can perform up to expectations based on their draft position. With that being said I voted Andersson yet again. It looks like he will finally come off the board this time.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:48 AM
smitty10

The Wings, like usual, have probably the deepest prospect pool in the NHL.

I watch Tvrdon play over the internet 2-3 times last year (a friend of mine streams WHL games) and he is a great talent. If he's healthy this year I think you'll see his stock shoot through the roof.

I also watched Nedomlel play once that I can remember and he is MASSIVE for a 17 year old. He has the potential to be a Frank Musil type of guy on the back-end; not great offensively but likely to be a #5-6 guy who fights, hits hard and plays solid defense. A potentially great 6th round selection who could be very hard for opposing teams to play against.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

I voted Ferraro because I think he has more upside. Andersson can make the NHL next year, but I don't think he could even get a sniff of the top 6. Ferraro is a long shot but if he puts his mind to it and gets his **** together, I think he could be a middle 6 player easily.

Add Lashoff, Backman or Coetzee

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM
waltdetroit

Went with Ben as he held his own with a good year although small & just out of HS. I think his upside is great.

Isn't Lashoff considered a prospect?

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Yeah how the heck has Lashoff not been voted in yet??

Add him!

Old
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post

I watch Tvrdon play over the internet 2-3 times last year (a friend of mine streams WHL games) and he is a great talent. If he's healthy this year I think you'll see his stock shoot through the roof.

I also watched Nedomlel play once that I can remember and he is MASSIVE for a 17 year old. He has the potential to be a Frank Musil type of guy on the back-end; not great offensively but likely to be a #5-6 guy who fights, hits hard and plays solid defense. A potentially great 6th round selection who could be very hard for opposing teams to play against.
Is this sarcasm? Because many of the posters in the "Prospects: Top Farm Systems" thread seem either ignorantly unaware of the Wing's prospects or simply refuse to admit how good their prospect pool actually is...Many of them (probably the people who haven't seen any of them play) said they wouldn't even rank Detroit's farm system in the top ten, if you'd believe that!

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:40 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Is this sarcasm? Because many of the posters in the "Prospects: Top Farm Systems" thread seem either ignorantly unaware of the Wing's prospects or simply refuse to admit how good their prospect pool actually is...Many of them (probably the people who haven't seen any of them play) said they wouldn't even rank Detroit's farm system in the top ten, if you'd believe that!
No, I didn't mean any sarcasm at all. For the last few years I think they've had very good prospects and they do a great job of developing them and easing them into the NHL. There aren't many teams that can say that they have as much depth as Detroit in prospects.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Looking at who's been voted in and who is still on the board, our prospect pool is very, very deep. I think our top 5 prospects all have legitimate star potential, and we have a lot of guys I'm confident can become very solid role players. Mursak, Sheahan, Aubry, Emmerton, Callahan, even Andersson, all these blokes have the chance to be good bottom 6 players.

Old
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
No, I didn't mean any sarcasm at all. For the last few years I think they've had very good prospects and they do a great job of developing them and easing them into the NHL. There aren't many teams that can say that they have as much depth as Detroit in prospects.
Well that's good to hear. Nice getting validation from somebody not looking at our prospects through red tinted glasses . And I agree with you about Tvrdon, he was an excellent pick up and could really prove to be a steal if he can stay healthy.

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:04 PM
newfy

I actually went with Jensens. He hit his stride BIG TIME last season, smooth skater that can hit and move the puck. Sounds a little like Kronwall to me

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:42 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Wow their are still 4 extremely solid guys left in Ferraro, McCollum, Andersson, and Nestrasil. That really speaks volumes about the Wings prospect depth.

And where is Nicastro?

Also, I think you should just start adding all prospects who get higher than a certain percent of the vote, rather than adding one guy (the guy with the most votes) after each vote. Like adding Andersson for 17 and Ferraro at 18 because they both have a pretty high percentage of the votes. This could speed things up.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
it would take one hell of a massive turnaround for that to happen. Highly unlikely.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:25 PM
19Yzerman19

vCash: 1088
Quote:

Where can I get in on this action this upcoming season?

19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:08 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
it would take one hell of a massive turnaround for that to happen. Highly unlikely.
Why do you say that? The kid has a bunch of potential and the Wings are still pretty high on him. If he has a solid rookie year in the AHL he should see his stock jump pretty high.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:17 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Why do you say that? The kid has a bunch of potential and the Wings are still pretty high on him. If he has a solid rookie year in the AHL he should see his stock jump pretty high.
Meh. I feel like he'll have a career like Dan Cleary's at best. And that's being generous.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I actually went with Jensens. He hit his stride BIG TIME last season, smooth skater that can hit and move the puck. Sounds a little like Kronwall to me
I am really encouraged by his development. If it were up to me I'd have both Jensen and Andersson in the top 15. I've just been voting for Andersson just about every vote for the past 5 or so slots. The only time I didn't vote for Joakim was when Callahan was picked. I had no problem voting for MC in that spot, I think he's going to make the team and be a Helm-like fan favorite.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote