HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Value NYR-NJD blockbuster Stepan + Larsson as principals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2011, 04:34 PM
  #126
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem Anisimov View Post
All of this is perfectly said. Love the Avatar by the way.
Please note my immediately prior post.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
  #127
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Jim,
send regards to Mr. Mklyspylk, or whatever's Superman's foe was called.
HUH!? What in the hell does that have to do with...yknow what never mind your response somehow made even less sense then ur proposals.
BTW 1 year + injury concerns for Parise STILL does not mean you get him for a 2nd pair D man and a 4th line center who had one good year in which he fell off in the 2nd half.

In other words Parise has potential to come back as a key franchise player. Girardi on his own has become a solid 2nd pair guy and Boyle much likle Parise has potential only it's just the potyential to stay in the NHL as a 3rd/4th line guy. Teams don't trade a potential franchise guy for a 2nd pair Dman and a potentil 3rd/4th line guy.

Talbot is nothing except a contract they lkely dont have room for and to swap the 3rd and talbot for a 2nd is just LOL. You r not good at trade proposals sorry maybe instead of crying at everyone who tells you this u should realize people say this to u for a reason.

Again since i only came here to get a laugh (success) I didnt read the whole thread so you'll have to keep that in mind I am only addressing ur OP

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
  #128
Artem Anisimov
Registered User
 
Artem Anisimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Please note my immediately prior post.
Ok I did. And I still see no reason a division rival would trade us their top prospect who they drafted two months ago... why the hell would they just give up on him when they're weak at D. And an even better question, why do we need Larsson? Sure he's a talented D-man, but he hasn't even proven anything in the NHL yet. Stepan and MDZ have. Even if they would accept that deal I would not do it. Stepan and MDZ are only going to get better... no reason to deal them away for another prospect.

Artem Anisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
  #129
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
The question is do they hold out to see how really good Larsson is, or do they consider this a tempting enough offer. Stepan + MDZ who already have experience and should thus develop faster are not chopped liver for a guy who hasn't played a single NHL game yet.
I don't see any reason they wouldn't hold out to see how good Larsson is. They drafted him with the intention of him being a stud defensemen. I think they have a pretty good idea of the type of player Larsson will develop into and I don't see any reason why they would deal him now, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Stepan + MDZ who already have experience and should thus develop faster are not chopped liver for a guy who hasn't played a single NHL game yet.
I don't think you can deal MDZ right now. Will he have value in the future, more than likely yes, but you don't trade when the value is low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
The only reason Rangers consider it is the possibility of borderline special, possibly elite ability for Larsson. If he demonstrates this faster than Stepan + MDZ grow, then it made sense not to move him. If he doesn't then the answer is not so clear cut.
I wouldn't deal for a player right now that hasn't proven anything as you said. Especially since you know what you're getting with Step and MDZ (to a lesser extent).

From the Rangers perspective while Larsson may be a special talent, if we need to deal Girardi it would be for a strictly offensive top pair defensemen, otherwise our top 4 should be set.

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:53 PM
  #130
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
HUH!? What in the hell does that have to do with...yknow what never mind your response somehow made even less sense then ur proposals.
BTW 1 year + injury concerns for Parise STILL does not mean you get him for a 2nd pair D man and a 4th line center who had one good year in which he fell off in the 2nd half.

In other words Parise has potential to come back as a key franchise player. Girardi on his own has become a solid 2nd pair guy and Boyle much likle Parise has potential only it's just the potyential to stay in the NHL as a 3rd/4th line guy. Teams don't trade a potential franchise guy for a 2nd pair Dman and a potentil 3rd/4th line guy.

Talbot is nothing except a contract they lkely dont have room for and to swap the 3rd and talbot for a 2nd is just LOL. You r not good at trade proposals sorry maybe instead of crying at everyone who tells you this u should realize people say this to u for a reason.

Again since i only came here to get a laugh (success) I didnt read the whole thread so you'll have to keep that in mind I am only addressing ur OP
I disagree.
No GM is going to overpay for a 1 year rental. Period.
In pre-cap days, if a team had enough money, theoretically you could overpay at the trade deadline and buy your way out with free agency. Not anymore.
So as long as it is just the 1 year. There will be no massive overpays.

Also you undervalue both Girardi and Boyle
Also, it is a fact that every day Brodeur more and more swiftly approaches retirement. They presently need options to compete. Talbot is one such option.

As for critique of my proposals, they usually come from criticism of my being willing to deal from one of our strengths, where we at least have some depth, at D, to obtain help where needed, at scoring.

However, I was proven right in that regard when we moved Roszival.
I believed McDonagh would arrive; Sauer, for once not injured, was a pleasant surprise as well.
Our D will serve us well in the future.
We should trade Girardi for an upgrade where the best value is.
This is especially so now that we have Erixon.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:00 PM
  #131
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,683
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddardStark View Post
Considering you look to Brian Boyle to speak sense you can't fit into words, laughing at me is the least of your concerns, and mine.

The Islanders are a team that fell on their faces. They're not the first, they aren't the last. Why not bring up Montreal, solely because they were once winners, and aren't now? I mean, it fits the bill. The Devils aren't winning when it matters. But let's forget the Rangers haven't won in over 17 years. But hey, let's ignore your insecurities.

This is the only recent trophy the Rangers have raised:



By recent, I mean old enough for you to have witnessed for yourself, since you argue like a pubescent child. But look at their enthusiasm, too. Gomer and Redden especially. No, I know what you're saying, you're totally right. My team is doomed to declining, despite the fact that they lucked out with a prospect that could have went #1, and their prospects are finally starting to look good for the first time in a long time.
I could have sworn you were one yourself. Your like the New Jersey edition of those band-wagoners that you see flooding the Canucks, Penguins, and Capitals fan bases.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:00 PM
  #132
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem Anisimov View Post
Ok I did. And I still see no reason a division rival would trade us their top prospect who they drafted two months ago... why the hell would they just give up on him when they're weak at D. And an even better question, why do we need Larsson? Sure he's a talented D-man, but he hasn't even proven anything in the NHL yet. Stepan and MDZ have. Even if they would accept that deal I would not do it. Stepan and MDZ are only going to get better... no reason to deal them away for another prospect.
Respect your polite difference of opinion. thank you.

Agreed, division rival aspect is covered by my noting this as to "value".

Getting back to hypothetical, its a judgment call.
I agree Stepan and MDZ are only going to get better, and a reason for Devs to consider the deal is they are closer with that little bit of experience to realizing potential than a guy who has yet to play an NHL game.
But I disagree as to no reason to deal them away for "another prospect". Larsson could be special. How special, a huge unknown, is a gamble against an uncertain, but less known expectation set for Stepan, MDZ.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:03 PM
  #133
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
That's a foolish offer!
Kreider all by himself may be better than Larsson.

He may offer most of or even ultimately exceed Parise all by himself.

And again, you're offering full contract 5-7 years for Parise when the guy can bolt after 1 year.
THINK ABOUT IT
That's what Kovlachuk demanded even though he was an upcoming free agent, the Devils risked a rental.

Kreider will never be better than Parise. Kreider's potential isn't close. Kreider might put up 60-70 points, he won't be an 80-90 point player.

It's not a foolish offer, it's more logical than yours. It's also more realistic. I wouldn't do it, but it's what Lou would demand.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:05 PM
  #134
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Boyle isn't a top 6 forward.

Girardi would be in the deal but a 1st round pick a decent prospect and a solid young forward is required.

Just look for what Kovalchuk was traded for.. and bump that price up a little because Lou isn't a idiot.
This, coming from a Devils fan and then a Rangers fan.

BOYLE IS A 4th LINER! GET IT STRAIGHT!

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:13 PM
  #135
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I don't see any reason they wouldn't hold out to see how good Larsson is. They drafted him with the intention of him being a stud defensemen. I think they have a pretty good idea of the type of player Larsson will develop into and I don't see any reason why they would deal him now, personally.

I don't think you can deal MDZ right now. Will he have value in the future, more than likely yes, but you don't trade when the value is low.

I wouldn't deal for a player right now that hasn't proven anything as you said. Especially since you know what you're getting with Step and MDZ (to a lesser extent).

From the Rangers perspective while Larsson may be a special talent, if we need to deal Girardi it would be for a strictly offensive top pair defensemen, otherwise our top 4 should be set.
Bold =
I agree they would probably hold out to see how good Larsson really is live. However, my point is valid, that it is tempting, given their strong needs at 2 positions nicely filled by Stepan + MDZ, and that LL would get 2 immediately useful bodies for 1 best fulfilled near future, but not immediately,

Italic =
I would otherwise agree to hold off on MDZ to get maximum return on investment, whether that is playing for us or in trade. However, if Larsson is out of the equation particularly, MDZ will need to be put in the deal, and his value is possibly higher to the devils now than it might be generically later.

Plain = agree

Underline = I'd strictly include girardi for a top offensive D, a la Weber, doughty
However, those would be very expensive packages.
That is why I focused first on getting Larsson now, while his value is unarguably lowest (barring injury or the unforseen), because he hasn't played and is still a while from top potential. Even as a rookie, however we would get a good showing and strong upside potential.
In the part 2 actually stated, we'd be getting Parise, which though only a 1 yr rental for certain, would be expected to be a major scoring boost.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:16 PM
  #136
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I disagree.
No GM is going to overpay for a 1 year rental. Period.
In pre-cap days, if a team had enough money, theoretically you could overpay at the trade deadline and buy your way out with free agency. Not anymore.
So as long as it is just the 1 year. There will be no massive overpays.

Also you undervalue both Girardi and Boyle
Also, it is a fact that every day Brodeur more and more swiftly approaches retirement. They presently need options to compete. Talbot is one such option.

As for critique of my proposals, they usually come from criticism of my being willing to deal from one of our strengths, where we at least have some depth, at D, to obtain help where needed, at scoring.

However, I was proven right in that regard when we moved Roszival.
I believed McDonagh would arrive; Sauer, for once not injured, was a pleasant surprise as well.
Our D will serve us well in the future.
We should trade Girardi for an upgrade where the best value is.
This is especially so now that we have Erixon.
LOL Talbot is not that option you are clueless about that one.

This isn't an overpay sooo whats that got to do with anything? Girardi IS a 2nd pair D man who can be a serviceable 1 when paired with Staal. Boyle has never been more than a 4th.

So now it comes to this Boyle's potential vs Parise's potential to be re-signed.

I agree Boyle has potential to be more than a 4th liner. But he also completely fell off the 2nd half and a year ago did not even figure to make the NHL.
Parise is a 40 G scorer 80 pt player. He has the potential to be re-signed.

Hmmm lesse potential franchise 80 pt guy ooorrrrr 2nd pair D man and 4th line center who has "Some potential".

And then you think Talbot is worth something LOL.Andyousould come to grips with your critics and the source of their criticism. Your proposals just flat suck on multiple fronts. Trading Roszi was something the whole fan base could agree with but I'm sure your offer was for some goalie or a 4th round pick and would have left us with a huge gap on D well before Sauer and McD were ready.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:26 PM
  #137
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
That's what Kovlachuk demanded even though he was an upcoming free agent, the Devils risked a rental.

Kreider will never be better than Parise. Kreider's potential isn't close. Kreider might put up 60-70 points, he won't be an 80-90 point player.

It's not a foolish offer, it's more logical than yours. It's also more realistic. I wouldn't do it, but it's what Lou would demand.
Underline: Devs jumped off a cliff. Should we?

Kreider will never be better than Parise. Kreider's potential isn't close. Kreider might put up 60-70 points, he won't be an 80-90 point player.
I want this quote immortalized for all time!
When Kreider, who some think already might be one of the best skaters compared to existing NHLers now, bursts on the scene, and barring injury demonstrates he is elite, I want to have this quote available for your further comment!

Bold: it is foolish, because it's NYR overpayment and too risky on a 1 yr rental.
LL will not get top dollar, the same way people held out and would not overpay for Richards, which is more current precedent than Kovy. Mark my words.
I do agree with you that
"I wouldn't do it, but it's what Lou would demand"
but hell, we know what Lou can do with any excessive demands he wants to make!

Sure reasonable value.
Sure where appropriate, overpayment.
But not wholesale rip off, and again, speak the true fact: a 1 year rental is not worth crazy overpayment.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:28 PM
  #138
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
This, coming from a Devils fan and then a Rangers fan.

BOYLE IS A 4th LINER! GET IT STRAIGHT!
You have a right to your opinion(s) even if wrong.

Boyle has shown he can play and keep with the third shift; that right there disqualifies your statement.

He should get a chance to see if he can crack into a 2nd line.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
  #139
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
I just want to say that I've never seen this "EddardStark" guy post on the Devils forum before and I wish that he not be associated with the team I love.

He's making very little sense. Then again, so is this trade proposal.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
  #140
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
This thread is beyond ridiculous.

1.) The Rangers and Devils have never made a trade with each other, ever.

2.) Lou would dip his nuts in honey before he would ever trade Larsson to the Rangers.

3.) Lou would dip his nuts in honey and then stick them in a beehive before he would ever trade Parise to the Rangers.

4.) The Rangers and Devils have never made a trade with each other...EVER!!!

5.) If these first 4 facts were not 100% true, Lou would probably die of a heart attack from laughing his *** off if we EVER came to him with a ludicrous trade proposal of Boyle and Girardi for Parise, or Stepan and MDZ for Larsson, or any other added parts. If you would ever want Lou to CONSIDER trading Parise, like a previous poster said, you have to START with Callahan or Staal. And not for nothing, but why IN THE WORLD would we consider something like that when Parise is gonna be a UFA at the end of the season??

Ugh..can't freaking wait for the season to start, so we can STOP with these ridiculous trade proposals with a team that would just as soon see us boil in LAVA before they ever traded with us!!

Oh, and one more thing..highly doubt Parise is signing with the Rangers, next year. I know everyone thinks it's some sort of shoe-in because "if he signs with us, we're guaranteed the Cup." And if I'm wrong, I will be the first one on here admitting it while I'm ducking flying objects from my Devils fan wife. But when it is all said and done. He will re-sign with the Devils sometime after January, mark my words on it.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:10 PM
  #141
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Underline: Devs jumped off a cliff. Should we?

Kreider will never be better than Parise. Kreider's potential isn't close. Kreider might put up 60-70 points, he won't be an 80-90 point player.
I want this quote immortalized for all time!
When Kreider, who some think already might be one of the best skaters compared to existing NHLers now, bursts on the scene, and barring injury demonstrates he is elite, I want to have this quote available for your further comment!

Bold: it is foolish, because it's NYR overpayment and too risky on a 1 yr rental.
LL will not get top dollar, the same way people held out and would not overpay for Richards, which is more current precedent than Kovy. Mark my words.
I do agree with you that
"I wouldn't do it, but it's what Lou would demand"
but hell, we know what Lou can do with any excessive demands he wants to make!

Sure reasonable value.
Sure where appropriate, overpayment.
But not wholesale rip off, and again, speak the true fact: a 1 year rental is not worth crazy overpayment.
If a one year rental isn't worth that much, tell that to Lou. As far as I'm concerned, he's a great general manager, you're not. Your trade is more of an NHL 11 trade than it is a realistic trade. You need to overpay for great players.

And if you think Kreider will be a 90 point player than you overvalue prospect. Kreider may have speed and size, but that doesn't mean he has the skill to be a 90 point, 40 goal scorer.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:54 PM
  #142
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
If a one year rental isn't worth that much, tell that to Lou. As far as I'm concerned, he's a great general manager, you're not. Your trade is more of an NHL 11 trade than it is a realistic trade. You need to overpay for great players.

And if you think Kreider will be a 90 point player than you overvalue prospect. Kreider may have speed and size, but that doesn't mean he has the skill to be a 90 point, 40 goal scorer.
1 yr rental:
Please note as I said earlier, the current standard with Brad Richards of not overpaying ridiculous demands remains in effect. Lou can ask anything he wants. What he'll get while there is only the 1 yr and UFA thereafter is MINIMUM.

You nominally overpay for great players.
You extensively overpay for special players.
You extremely overpay for elite players.
But the key to all those scenarios is you are sure you actually have them, get them and KEEP them under contract. If that last thing is held back because the player wants the UFA opportunity he's entitled to, the price goes DOWN, big time.

Please kindly admit to this truthful reality. Bend, buckle, and if necessary, break to it, rather than hold to the false illusion that contract length and pending UFA status are unimportant.

As for "As far as I'm concerned, he's a great general manager, you're not."
it is true LL is a great GM, though there's plenty of room for critique. While it's not exactly the same, I can produce an original note by Dave DeBusschere complementary to my suggestions about the knicks, a hand written note on Garden stationery. What have you got?

As to Kreider, while I don't predict he'll
win the Nobel Prize in any category
find the cure for cancer
end famine in our lifetime
or get those 90 points during his very first full year, I am confident he will deliver, deliver big, and, barring injury, get those 90#+ points soon enough.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
  #143
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Puckface, I cannot remember the last time you and I agreed on ANYTHING.
Constructive input, including criticism, is welcome. Not ad hominum name calling without valid basis.

Half the fans want Girardi traded for an upgrade, the other half loyally cling to him, or what I consider a difference of opinion as to whether or not guys like Vtank/Erixon/MDZ can fill in the bill if he's traded.
As indicated in this and other threads, there is a good rationale for moving Girardi if you can get something worthwhile for him. You are entitled to be on the half you choose. But don't be dismissive and disrespectful, especially without cause.
Please show where i did any "name calling."

Vtank and Erixon have not even played a game in the NHL.

MDZ is nothing similar in style to Girardi.

So you are essentially replacing someone who is a "veteran" and brings something that the others don't in experience with a question mark.

As for the original proposal, we have a surplus of good, young d-men. You want to trade someone with the offensive potential of Stepan for another d-man. True, Larsson likely will be a stud, but why are we trading away offense that we need more so than defense for someone who is yet again, unproven.

I truly believ eyou don't think before you make your proposals.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
  #144
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1 yr rental:
Please note as I said earlier, the current standard with Brad Richards of not overpaying ridiculous demands remains in effect. Lou can ask anything he wants. What he'll get while there is only the 1 yr and UFA thereafter is MINIMUM.

You nominally overpay for great players.
You extensively overpay for special players.
You extremely overpay for elite players.
But the key to all those scenarios is you are sure you actually have them, get them and KEEP them under contract. If that last thing is held back because the player wants the UFA opportunity he's entitled to, the price goes DOWN, big time.

Please kindly admit to this truthful reality. Bend, buckle, and if necessary, break to it, rather than hold to the false illusion that contract length and pending UFA status are unimportant.

As for "As far as I'm concerned, he's a great general manager, you're not."
it is true LL is a great GM, though there's plenty of room for critique. While it's not exactly the same, I can produce an original note by Dave DeBusschere complementary to my suggestions about the knicks, a hand written note on Garden stationery. What have you got?

As to Kreider, while I don't predict he'll
win the Nobel Prize in any category
find the cure for cancer
end famine in our lifetime
or get those 90 points during his very first full year, I am confident he will deliver, deliver big, and, barring injury, get those 90#+ points soon enough.
Oo, you got a compliment, how nice? Was that before you lost touch with reality? Still doesn't make you a GM, nor does it put you on the same level. Apples and oranges.

Kreider isn't expected to his 90 points at all. If you think he can put up 100 points in a season then you are a just a clueless homer with his head stuck up too far his behind.

If you don't think that the asking price of a rental of Parise's caliber won't be worth much then you're wrong.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
  #145
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Are you on drugs? What the hell are you talking about?
He got a letter with a compliment, he's the ultimate GM ever...




On NHL 11

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
  #146
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
This thread is beyond ridiculous.

1.) The Rangers and Devils have never made a trade with each other, ever.

2.) Lou would dip his nuts in honey before he would ever trade Larsson to the Rangers.

3.) Lou would dip his nuts in honey and then stick them in a beehive before he would ever trade Parise to the Rangers.

4.) The Rangers and Devils have never made a trade with each other...EVER!!!

5.) If these first 4 facts were not 100% true, Lou would probably die of a heart attack from laughing his *** off if we EVER came to him with a ludicrous trade proposal of Boyle and Girardi for Parise, or Stepan and MDZ for Larsson, or any other added parts. If you would ever want Lou to CONSIDER trading Parise, like a previous poster said, you have to START with Callahan or Staal. And not for nothing, but why IN THE WORLD would we consider something like that when Parise is gonna be a UFA at the end of the season??

Ugh..can't freaking wait for the season to start, so we can STOP with these ridiculous trade proposals with a team that would just as soon see us boil in LAVA before they ever traded with us!!

Oh, and one more thing..highly doubt Parise is signing with the Rangers, next year. I know everyone thinks it's some sort of shoe-in because "if he signs with us, we're guaranteed the Cup." And if I'm wrong, I will be the first one on here admitting it while I'm ducking flying objects from my Devils fan wife. But when it is all said and done. He will re-sign with the Devils sometime after January, mark my words on it.
Items 1 thru 4, as acknowledged previously, the rivalry will prohibit any deals, even mutually beneficial ones. That is why at the very beginning, I emphasized "value".

The point is not WILL these teams make these deals, but rather who benefits and why, and if there is enough upside to both, then SHOULD both sides BE OPEN TO CONSIDER such a deal, as the proverbial "cut your nose to spite your face".

5 Stephan + MDZ for Larsson is decent value given the obvious needs of the Devils, and the fact that at this exact moment there is no precise way to gage how well Larsson will play, and the fact that Stepan is good to go, and MDZ closer to same, than a rookie who has to get a season or two to get acclamated.
I have said that IF and WHEN Larsson demonstrates how good he really is, then any future equivalent of such deal would need more added. But right now, today, it is fair.
Again, no big payoff for Parise unless and until he's under at least a 4-5 year contract. And, I still prefer Staal to Parise.

Yes, it makes more sense to wait for Parise, though I don't think he's coming here once he hits UFA, and if you want any chance of enticing him, you make a deal. BUT YOU STILL DON'T OVERPAY IN THAT DEAL.

Parise might sign with NYR for less if we offer better shot now at the Cup; we are not the only team in that position to offer such benefit, and I certainly never said it.

I think the Devs do have inside track to resign Parise, but only if LL coughs up big time cash, and given track record of not breaking the bank, I see a deal more likely.

-------------
If I don't get chance to follow up with this tomorrow, sun, I will do so Tues (Mon expected to be crazy).

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE FEEDBACK.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:15 PM
  #147
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
Oo, you got a compliment, how nice? Was that before you lost touch with reality? Still doesn't make you a GM, nor does it put you on the same level. Apples and oranges.

Kreider isn't expected to his 90 points at all. If you think he can put up 100 points in a season then you are a just a clueless homer with his head stuck up too far his behind.

If you don't think that the asking price of a rental of Parise's caliber won't be worth much then you're wrong.
We agree to disagree.
Krieder will soon enough proove one of us wrong. I like my odds.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:27 PM
  #148
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1 yr rental:
Please note as I said earlier, the current standard with Brad Richards of not overpaying ridiculous demands remains in effect. Lou can ask anything he wants. What he'll get while there is only the 1 yr and UFA thereafter is MINIMUM.

You nominally overpay for great players.
You extensively overpay for special players.
You extremely overpay for elite players.
But the key to all those scenarios is you are sure you actually have them, get them and KEEP them under contract. If that last thing is held back because the player wants the UFA opportunity he's entitled to, the price goes DOWN, big time.

Please kindly admit to this truthful reality. Bend, buckle, and if necessary, break to it, rather than hold to the false illusion that contract length and pending UFA status are unimportant.

As for "As far as I'm concerned, he's a great general manager, you're not."
it is true LL is a great GM, though there's plenty of room for critique. While it's not exactly the same, I can produce an original note by Dave DeBusschere complementary to my suggestions about the knicks, a hand written note on Garden stationery. What have you got?

As to Kreider, while I don't predict he'll
win the Nobel Prize in any category
find the cure for cancer
end famine in our lifetime
or get those 90 points during his very first full year, I am confident he will deliver, deliver big, and, barring injury, get those 90#+ points soon enough.
The Devs gave up a nice little pckage for Kovie who had already openly turned down a 100 mil dollar offer. It was the trade deadline.

Parise has the full year and just agreed to a deal meaning he will command even more than Kovie did. Lets not forget he was dealt from a team that was also in complete disarray on an executive level as well. So while teams don't overpay for players in the last year of their contract teams also don't accept undepays which is why the Stars couldn't trade BR who seemed a LOT less likely to resign then parise does. The Devs will require more than Girardi and Boyle. Period, Otherwise they would already have traded with the Rangers who would jump at that proposal. Kreider's utmost potential is 80-90 pts. However there is still also a high likelihood he never becomes muchof anything special.

1 year rental applied to Parise before the season starts is completely different to McCabe or Antropov or even Kovie. The fact that you continue to point to "Recent history of 1 year rentals" shows you just don't think this stuff through. The trade proposal shows you are also prone to fantasy and your response to critics of your fairy tale proposals show you post these not for debate but so you can recieve pats on the back. Still waiting for the response to my questioning of your logic as far as "Boyle potential vs Parise being potentially re-signed".

You have the lumbar region of the backbone of a deal set up with Girardi. Now you need a better pick and either a better player than Boyle or a prospect + Boyle.

Girardi, Boyle, much better pick. Top young guy like Artie, Stepan, MDZ, McD, Erixon. then a prospect. Realistically Boyle would not be a part of this deal unless cap and 50 player limit is in play. The fact you included him shows how badly you overestimate how much his "potential" influences other clubs thinking of him or even how other normal hockey fans think of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
"What the hell are you talking about"
You asked about why I make these proposals that you disagree with.
I at least give an explanation, a rationale for the suggestions.
He's implying that your response was nonsensical and your attempt o be funny was potentially funny only because of how much of a fail it was. I did enjoy examining all the things wrong with your proposal nd laughing about your horrible replies and all so in that way at least you succeed in being funny.


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 08-20-2011 at 07:32 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:27 PM
  #149
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We agree to disagree.
Krieder will soon enough proove one of us wrong. I like my odds.
So, you like your odds, most analysts would tend to disagree. If you want, put up a poll and ask if everyone think Kreider will be a 90 point player, he won't. I'm sure many knowledgable Ranger fans would agree.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:45 PM
  #150
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
So, you like your odds, most analysts would tend to disagree. If you want, put up a poll and ask if everyone think Kreider will be a 90 point player, he won't. I'm sure many knowledgable Ranger fans would agree.
Be my guest.
But again, I NEVER said he would be a 90 pt player in the first season.

The question should be something like:
Allowing for a reasonable minimum transition period to break in to the NHL, will Chris Kreider then soon enough be a 90 point player for NYR?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.