HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Training Camp/Pre-Season Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2011, 08:30 PM
  #1
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Training Camp/Pre-Season Question

Not that too familiar with the OHL but is there rules that ur training camp is a certain period of days or can you have as long as you want and as many pre-season games as you want?

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
  #2
leoleo3535
Registered User
 
leoleo3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hockey rinks
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
Not that too familiar with the OHL but is there rules that ur training camp is a certain period of days or can you have as long as you want and as many pre-season games as you want?
The OHL, QMJHL and WHL all have rules re this.
In addition the CHL oversees.

Teams cannot do as they plaese.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:50 PM
  #3
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
The OHL, QMJHL and WHL all have rules re this.
In addition the CHL oversees.

Teams cannot do as they plaese.
I donno i have always thought if i was GM to have training camp run from August 28th to September 8th, four teams within training camp and each team plays 3 games against other CHL teams or in this case OHL teams

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:39 PM
  #4
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
I donno i have always thought if i was GM to have training camp run from August 28th to September 8th, four teams within training camp and each team plays 3 games against other CHL teams or in this case OHL teams
The can structure their camp as they please. The can not just schedule games against other CHL teams. The preseason is set by the league.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:16 PM
  #5
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The can structure their camp as they please. The can not just schedule games against other CHL teams. The preseason is set by the league.
The preseason may be approved by the league but I believe the various teams submit the schedule.
The last cpl years Kitchener has played Rouyn-Noranda (there (2009 and in Kitchener 2011) this was arranged between the teams but approved by the league.
Ottawa quite often plays Gatineau in the preseason, during the Matt Peca mess apparently QC was going to play Windsor in Windsor to help acquire his rights when the Spits had them.

Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:33 PM
  #6
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Teams generally don't set their rosters 100% until the home opener, so in a way, training camp is as long as teams want. The only things set in stone by the league are the pre-season games.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:46 PM
  #7
leoleo3535
Registered User
 
leoleo3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hockey rinks
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Teams generally don't set their rosters 100% until the home opener, so in a way, training camp is as long as teams want. The only things set in stone by the league are the pre-season games.
Teams cannot make their own rules.
The league(s) govern.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:12 PM
  #8
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
Teams cannot make their own rules.
The league(s) govern.

I'll assume that in saying this, you mean that a particular team cannot decide to start their training camp on, say, August 1st. In other words, the league probably governs the earliest date that training camps can start.

EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.