HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post

The economy is fine. It's just being controlled by lazy people.
I've done some checking. It turns out that they all are spending large portions of the work day posting (or reading) useless comments on irrelevant electronic boards. We are the problem.

Old
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Anton H Christ
ruh-roh corvo

Seriously, some of those politicians spend way to much time on twitter and all that. They should be working or whatever it is we pay them way too much money to do.

Old
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Most, if not all, of the politicians on Twitter are actually having aids post the comments. Whoever on their staff is in charge of communications likely passes notes on to an intern with "tweets" to be posted.

Old
08-08-2011, 09:57 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Did you buy your playoff tickets in a lump sum or did you buy them pay as we play? If it was a lump sum that may have offset some of the charge. I would have to check my statements, but I think this was the first month that I was charged the full 2/20 amount.
Pay as they play. I was right, they had it set up wrong but I'm very pleasantly surprised with how well it was handled. I was dreading being told I needed to pay the difference to this point up front but instead they added it to the remaining balance and divided by the remaining months. Happy girl and so glad I thought to check before the season started.

Old
08-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Rest In Peace, Michael Houser.

(((( vibz ))))

Old
08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Marshall Grant just passed away, 83 years young.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14457930

RIP.

Old
08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I found out yesterday that I don't "just" get to talk to Elmo and work with Animal. I have been talking...for MONTHS without my knowledge...to Knuckles the Echidna and Yugi of Yu-Gi-Oh on pretty much a daily basis. I'll probably giggle next time Dan Green calls, though he goes by another name when he's playing "Voice Director for Marvel Motion Comics".

Old
08-17-2011, 10:09 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I found out yesterday that I don't "just" get to talk to Elmo and work with Animal. I have been talking...for MONTHS without my knowledge...to Knuckles the Echidna and Yugi of Yu-Gi-Oh on pretty much a daily basis. I'll probably giggle next time Dan Green calls, though he goes by another name when he's playing "Voice Director for Marvel Motion Comics".
You do realize your job description is 'cartoons' right?

Old
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Did yall do work on the X-Men motion comics on Netflix? I watched those with my son the other day.

Old
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM
thomas magnum

I look really good in shorts.

Old
08-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Did yall do work on the X-Men motion comics on Netflix? I watched those with my son the other day.
No. We did Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers and Iron Man Extremis. We also do most everything new on Sesame Street if your son is that age. We're working on some more for Marvel but I can only mention them after they're released.

Cartoons and muppetry rule! I'm not an animator, though. Tried it once and it was okay but just not my thing. I do all the financial stuff. Much more to my liking.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
so did anyone else gop see Maroon 5 and Train last night?

Im not normally a big concert goer but it was a really good show...

Old
08-18-2011, 11:10 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
No. We did Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers and Iron Man Extremis. We also do most everything new on Sesame Street if your son is that age. We're working on some more for Marvel but I can only mention them after they're released.

Cartoons and muppetry rule! I'm not an animator, though. Tried it once and it was okay but just not my thing. I do all the financial stuff. Much more to my liking.
Sweet. I am looking forward to what yall are going to do. I have Iron Man Extremis on my queue. My 5yr old doesnt watch Sesame Street much, but my 2yr and 3yr old kids do.

Old
08-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Yes, I was looking at American Girl doll clothes for the granddaughter the other day but having AG ads all over my hockey page is just CREEPY.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:15 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

My life sucks, and it's my own fault.

I chose a job last spring that I thought would be good experience and help me get a foot in the door with a possible job plying my actual trade during my final summer in college next year. Instead, I find myself working under someone who clearly does not like me and has me using all the restraint in my body not to put my right fist firmly into his face and quit before the end of the season. I'm not the only person that feels that way, either.

To make matters worse, I have academics starting up next week. I feel totally unprepared to return to school or my previous job. I can't sleep. I barely eat. I've lost 20 pounds since June 20, when I moved into my new apartment (under 190 for the first time since my sophomore year of high school). I have no energy, no charisma, and no real desire to keep going... I just put on a good show so people don't freak out.

Why am I this way? Because I'm an idiot. I drove off the only woman I ever really loved because I thought she was the problem, but she was the only thing keeping the problem from getting worse. I made a lot of stupid mistakes because I didn't know whether I was falling in love or going crazy. Now she won't say a word to me... so I'm going to go find her. I'm making all my plans, putting off obligations over the Christmas holiday and I'm going to go find her, look her in the eye, and tell her I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I won't take no for an answer. I will fight and scrape until my fingernails are gone, and then I'll use my teeth until they're all ripped out. I will do whatever it takes to bring her back into my life, because without her, life has no meaning. So I'm saving every dollar I can spare to get on a plane for the first time in my sorry life and go stand up for myself.

I've had people try to dissuade me of this. They tell me to see other people, do other things. I tried. I've been trying for a long time, and it has failed miserably. I need her. I love her more than anything I've ever known or ever want to know. I will show her that, or I will die trying. Maybe it's a lost cause, but lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for. So I'm going to fight for the only person that made me feel complete, and failure will not be an option.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

I chose a job last spring that I thought would be good experience and help me get a foot in the door with a possible job plying my actual trade during my final summer in college next year. Instead, I find myself working under someone who clearly does not like me and has me using all the restraint in my body not to put my right fist firmly into his face and quit before the end of the season. I'm not the only person that feels that way, either.

To make matters worse, I have academics starting up next week. I feel totally unprepared to return to school or my previous job. I can't sleep. I barely eat. I've lost 20 pounds since June 20, when I moved into my new apartment (under 190 for the first time since my sophomore year of high school). I have no energy, no charisma, and no real desire to keep going... I just put on a good show so people don't freak out.

Why am I this way? Because I'm an idiot. I drove off the only woman I ever really loved because I thought she was the problem, but she was the only thing keeping the problem from getting worse. I made a lot of stupid mistakes because I didn't know whether I was falling in love or going crazy. Now she won't say a word to me... so I'm going to go find her. I'm making all my plans, putting off obligations over the Christmas holiday and I'm going to go find her, look her in the eye, and tell her I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I won't take no for an answer. I will fight and scrape until my fingernails are gone, and then I'll use my teeth until they're all ripped out. I will do whatever it takes to bring her back into my life, because without her, life has no meaning. So I'm saving every dollar I can spare to get on a plane for the first time in my sorry life and go stand up for myself.

I've had people try to dissuade me of this. They tell me to see other people, do other things. I tried. I've been trying for a long time, and it has failed miserably. I need her. I love her more than anything I've ever known or ever want to know. I will show her that, or I will die trying. Maybe it's a lost cause, but lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for. So I'm going to fight for the only person that made me feel complete, and failure will not be an option.
I really don't know what to say but good luck. If you want to talk, PM me.

Old
08-20-2011, 11:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:

I wont consider trying to talk you out of it. You clearly need to do this. And if it works out, you will have a great story to tell your children....

what I will tell you, with absolute certainty, is that if for some reason you do all this and she still says no..... as much as it will suck you have plenty of time to find your way in life.... so dont do anything rash if things dont turn out like you hope.

Old
08-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

When one is from Nashville, what do you call them? A Nashvillian? Evil doers from the south.

Old
08-21-2011, 12:56 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
When one is from Nashville, what do you call them? A Nashvillian? Evil doers from the south.
That's why we all, at some point in life, grow a long mustache that we stroke while wearing a top hat and lurking in the shadows.

Old
08-21-2011, 01:01 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:

And to you I can add nothing but to say good luck and I hope the best for you. Go get her.

Old
08-21-2011, 01:15 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
That's why we all, at some point in life, grow a long mustache that we stroke while wearing a top hat and lurking in the shadows.
Except for me, since all I can seem to grow is disgusting neck beard, so I go clean-shaven in Chinese silk pajamas like a Bond villain.

Old
08-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
That would be a Nashvillain. Completely wrong pronunciation. We're Nash-vil-lyuns.

But mostly we call each other "Cousin".

(No. Not really. I'm only related to possibly 3 of other 17,113--except when my immediate family joins me--and one of those is by marriage.)

Old
08-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Confederate uniforms in the closet?

Old
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I'm a copperhead what does that make me?

Old
08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
predatorsfan2015

Have we figured out what this is saying yet? ---->

Closed Thread