HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lecavlier to MTL

Old
08-21-2011, 03:36 AM
A91

vCash: 500
Lecavlier to MTL

Plekanec and Pacioretty. Maybe a pick..? Idk too much about either team soo fix it if its too terrible.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:38 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Lecavalier to Montreal? I've never heard that one before...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:45 AM
A91

Aha funny !..

Montreal was a goal away from beating the eventual cup winners. Adding a guy like lecavlier would make them a top contender in the east

Old
08-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
It begins again...

Tampa was in that race too...why would they trade their franchise player?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:49 AM
TyBOZAK*

MTL would only take his contract if Gomez was going to Tampa Bay, and no one wants him.

Last edited by TyBOZAK*: 08-21-2011 at 03:55 AM.
TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:50 AM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
It begins again...

Tampa was in that race too...why would they trade their franchise player?

I dont think hes there franchise player anymore with stamkos and st louis there. And Hedman looks pretty solid

Old
08-21-2011, 03:53 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Plekanec AND Pacioretty? I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up for modern-day Lecavalier.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Plekanec AND Pacioretty? I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up for modern-day Lecavalier.
Modern-day Lecavalier is way better than Plekanec

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:23 AM
RC51

Vinny's contract is what stops me from wanting him.
Right now he still produces enough to deserve that pay cheque.
But with 8 more years to go, every year he gets older and it's harder to keep producing 100 points per year. Right now Tampa is getting a good return for the 7.5 mil per cap hit. so watch what happens when Vinny slows down, Tampa will want to dump that cap hit fast. So the question is how many more years at 100 points per?? OH WAIT, he is NOT producing 100 point anymore right now and has not in 5 years.
My God, he is already hurting Tampa at his price and he has 8 more years to go!!!!!! WOW just WOW.
No wonder some Tampa fans want to DUMP him and his contract and ask for an overpayment because of Vinny's Name.

Well good luck with that.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:48 AM
tony d
The franchise

I'm thinking it would cost Montreal Subban, Plekanec. Louis Leblanc and a 1st. Lecavalier was playing great hockey last year. Looks like he could be back to his old self.

08-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall04 View Post
Aha funny !..

Montreal was a goal away from beating the eventual cup winners. Adding a guy like lecavlier would make them a top contender in the east
Yeah but going off the proposal you lose Plekanec

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:02 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
But with 8 more years to go, every year he gets older and it's harder to keep producing 100 points per year. Right now Tampa is getting a good return for the 7.5 mil per cap hit. so watch what happens when Vinny slows down, Tampa will want to dump that cap hit fast. So the question is how many more years at 100 points per?? OH WAIT, he is NOT producing 100 point anymore right now and has not in 5 years.
My God, he is already hurting Tampa at his price and he has 8 more years to go!!!!!! WOW just WOW.
No wonder some Tampa fans want to DUMP him and his contract and ask for an overpayment because of Vinny's Name.

Well Tampa have plenty of cap space, no desire to trade him AT ALL and are already a much better team than Montreal, so how exactly is he hurting the team?

Also, I've hardly seen any Tampa fans wanting him gone.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:15 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Well Tampa have plenty of cap space, no desire to trade him AT ALL and are already a much better team than Montreal, so how exactly is he hurting the team?

I don't think so.. Anyway, you keep him and we'll keep our players

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:29 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I'm thinking it would cost Montreal Subban, Plekanec. Louis Leblanc and a 1st. Lecavalier was playing great hockey last year. Looks like he could be back to his old self.
Vinny couldn't fetch any of those pieces with his cap hit and term. The only way Vinnie could be traded is for equally significantly bad cap hits. Like Vinny for Gomez, which saves Tampa six years worth of bad underachieving.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Sundinisagod
Nylanderwillbeagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Way too much for a guy who "Looks like he could be back to his old self." I'd start by substituting Subban with Gomez...

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:13 AM
paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

I agree.

While fantasy GMs in HFboards don't care about the money, GMs and owners do. Vinny makes 58.5M during the next 6 years, which makes him the most overpaid player in the league (Redden doesn't count). Only Rangers and Maple leafs can afford to waste so much owners money.

10M per year is insane amount of money for a guy who already has trouble reaching 70 points while playing with some of the most dynamic offensive players in the league. Playing in Martin's system in Montreal, he'd have hard time reaching 60 points. Just imagine what the media and fans would do to him?

When he reaches the point when he is no longer massively overpaid, his cap hit becomes the issue, except for teams trying to reach the cap floor.

And as if all of this wasn't enough, the guy has NMC, which means even the rich teams are unable to bury him in the minors or trade him to a team trying to reach the cap floor. All of this combined makes Lecavaliers contract the worst contract in the NHL. Completely untradable. It's a good thing he has sentimental value for Tampa Bay, because that's all the value he is going to have in few years.

Besides why would he even want to leave Tampa? Florida has no income tax. Not to mention Tampa is one of the better teams in the league, certainly better than Montreal. He has a good chance to win another cup there. And when his career is over, have his number retired.

paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:52 AM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Plekanec and Pacioretty. Maybe a pick..? Idk too much about either team soo fix it if its too terrible.
Lecavalier to Montreal. Oh the Classics!!!!

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:39 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Modern-day Lecavalier is way better than Plekanec
99% of Habs fans would disagree...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
99% of Habs fans would disagree...
But 100% of Lightning fans would agree. God I love statistics.

Anyways, I'd be asking for an insane package for Lecavalier right now. He played phenomenal hockey from the all-star break on, a cup contending team doesn't deal that away for pieces.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I Am Beat You

I think I'd rather have Gomez and Spacek.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
I dont think hes there franchise player anymore with stamkos and st louis there. And Hedman looks pretty solid
He's still one of their franchise players. Without Vinny Tampa would have a hole at centre. Also the way he played in the playoffs Tampa is in no hurry to trade him.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:49 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post

I was going to say that too. I have not seen a Tampa Bay fan make a Lecaviler to MTL thread. It's either been a MTL fan or a fan of another team.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Once again it's a non Lightning fan trying to trade Lecavalier. Even if we wanted to trade Lecavalier which we don't he would have to waive his NMC which is very unlikely.

Quote:
Depending on how you define "Franchise Player" Lecavalier is more of a franchise player than Stamkos or St. Louis will ever be.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
But 100% of Lightning fans would agree. God I love statistics.

Anyways, I'd be asking for an insane package for Lecavalier right now. He played phenomenal hockey from the all-star break on, a cup contending team doesn't deal that away for pieces.
One that is hemorrhaging money, despite a deep playoff run, absolutely does... Heck, Tampa already did that shortly after winning a cup.

I'd agree that lecavalier, when on his "A" game, is better than Plekanec, but...
- vinny has only sporadically been even close to that the past few seasons, has struggled with injuries and is not getting any younger

- the contracts and the cap system make Plekanec a FAR better asset, it's not even close

Gomez for lecavalier I might still consider (and before bolt fan goes ape ****, let's see what happens next offseason when the $$ losses keep piling up, and Stevie Y's roster budget takes a hit with Hedman/Downie/Tyrell all needing raises and a #1 goalie needing a contract... Gomez's cap hit-to-salary diff will make him hugely appealing to a club like TB)...

Pleks for Vinny... No way in hell!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Ooh, a hemorrhaging money reference.

EDIT: HAHA I totally missed Dana Tyrell's raise. Vinik may have to sell his piece to the Red Sox to afford Tyrell.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote