HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which player on the team do you want to get rid of?

Old
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
SWE

vCash: 500
Which player on the team do you want to get rid of?

Personally I've never liked Matt Carle for some reason. I'm also not crazy about seeing Jaromir Jagr and Max Talbot in orange and black.

SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

I felt the same way about Desjardins, great player in the long run, but I never got on board with him, but the current roster it would have been Carter but we already got rid of him so I'm pretty content with the roster

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Jody Shelley, Michael Leighton, Andreas Lilja.

08-21-2011, 07:55 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Jody Shelley, Michael Leighton, Andreas Lilja.
+Matt Carle, Matt Walker, Andreas Nodl

ShawnTHW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
This probably won't be popular, but it wouldn't break my heart to see Hartnell go. For all of his purported intangibles, he takes a ton of bad penalties, is a lousy skater, and makes $4M+.

HFNHL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:27 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish View Post
This probably won't be popular, but it wouldn't break my heart to see Hartnell go. For all of his purported intangibles, he takes a ton of bad penalties, is a lousy skater, and makes $4M+.
I'm actually on board with this idea. Habs fans love him and they have defensive prospects up the ***. Trade him there and its a win-win, but only after the season so we can pick up a gritty forward from free agency.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Before the offseason trades, I wouldn't have had a huge problem with hauling out Carle and Hartnell. As the team currently stands, I think we need Hartnell this season.

As for Carle..hm. The guy doesn't really score goals. He isn't very good on the PP, which is a red flag for an offensive dman. If offense struggles this season, which isn't impossible, then Carle could become a big liability. If the offense isn't finishing his passes, then what do you have left? A defenseman who doesn't put up many goals, is soft in his own end, and is guilty of habitual bad decisions and turnovers.

On the other hand, perhaps his playmaking ability will help the offense as it works to find itself and develop chemistry. I'm reserving judgement on Carle until I see how he fares this season.

Other than that, there aren't any other big names I'd like gone at this point. I'm waiting to see how things pan out with this new team. The rest are people like Walker, Shelley, Lilja. The routine "huh?" Homer acquisitions.

08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Before the offseason trades, I wouldn't have had a huge problem with hauling out Carle and Hartnell. As the team currently stands, I think we need Hartnell this season.

As for Carle..hm. The guy doesn't really score goals. He isn't very good on the PP, which is a red flag for an offensive dman. If offense struggles this season, which isn't impossible, then Carle could become a big liability. If the offense isn't finishing his passes, then what do you have left? A defenseman who doesn't put up many goals, is soft in his own end, and is guilty of habitual bad decisions and turnovers.

On the other hand, perhaps his playmaking ability will help the offense as it works to find itself and develop chemistry. I'm reserving judgement on Carle until I see how he fares this season.

Other than that, there aren't any other big names I'd like gone at this point. I'm waiting to see how things pan out with this new team. The rest are people like Walker, Shelley, Lilja. The routine "huh?" Homer acquisitions.
Agreed. Its going to be a longggg season, thats for sure. I am looking forward to it. Those 3 were retarded signings. Nothing you can do about it.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
I'm actually on board with this idea. Habs fans love him and they have defensive prospects up the ***. Trade him there and its a win-win, but only after the season so we can pick up a gritty forward from free agency.

Add me as a 3rd vote to jettison Hartnell. I'm all for giving his spot in the top 6 to Simmons, a similar style player who is younger and far far cheaper. Let us trade Hartnell to the Habs for their 2012 1st and run with this at forward:

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl
Betts/Holmstrom/Rinaldo/Shelly/Wellwood/Read/whatever else to fill out the 4th line

There are a bunch of other deals I'd like to see us make but I'd be happy with this one as a start.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Agreed. Its going to be a longggg season, thats for sure. I am looking forward to it. Those 3 were retarded signings. Nothing you can do about it.
It's going to be an interesting season, that's for sure.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Shelley @ betts.........

walker @ Leighton.........

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
FlyersFan61290

Since the question is "which player on the team do you want to get rid of?" you can't really say Leighton or Walker since they won't be on the team. With that said I'd have to go with Shelley and Lilja. With any luck they will be the 13th forward & 7th d-man anyway.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Garbage Goal

Shelley, Leighton, Lilja, Walker, and many may not agree with me here, but Hartnell.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Jumping

I really like Betts, but I think he is used up.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Terence Peterman

I predicted to myself before coming in seeing an overwhelming amount of votes for Hartnell.

I'd like to see Carle, Walker, Leighton, Lilja, Talbot, and Shelley gone.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:49 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
I felt the same way about Desjardins, great player in the long run, but I never got on board with him, but the current roster it would have been Carter but we already got rid of him so I'm pretty content with the roster

2nd post and you already made me sick with that. Really??

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:04 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, considering the cost of some d-men that were just signed, I think Carle' cap hit is just fine.

Shelley, Walker, Leighton, Lilja... no idea who else.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:53 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Add me as a 3rd vote to jettison Hartnell. I'm all for giving his spot in the top 6 to Simmons, a similar style player who is younger and far far cheaper. Let us trade Hartnell to the Habs for their 2012 1st and run with this at forward:

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl
Betts/Holmstrom/Rinaldo/Shelly/Wellwood/Read/whatever else to fill out the 4th line

There are a bunch of other deals I'd like to see us make but I'd be happy with this one as a start.
What good would trading Hartnell for futures do?

He doesnt make our team worse, and we can afford his cap hit. I just dont see the logic in that at all.

I wouldnt be so sure about giving Simmonds a top 6 role. At least Hartnell has proven to be capable of handling a top 6 role...

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I would take a defensive minded player over Carle. I just don't like the fact that he doesn't earn points on the powerplay, and he is far from solid in his own end. I'd much rather see defensive defenseman in the same role. Would of been so landed to get hold of Larsson.

As for Shelley, he can join the AHL crew and hopefully not even play down there. Guy is a joke. Can't skate, isn't fast enough to hit, and is barely able to fight. Ditch his ass, this isn't the 70's.

Betts. I love the guy, but can he withstand another 90+ game season with that shoulder. It's going to affect him more and more this season. I'd be up for playing him on the wing however on the fourth line, just for his PK ability.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:14 AM
mirimon

Apart from the obvious ones that no one wants, and that unfortunately includes other teams as well, so it won't help to waive guys like Walker, Leighton and Shelley, I'm not that desperate to get rid of anyone on this team.

If Couturier and/or Nylander impresses enough in camp to force their way onto the roster we'll need to rid ourselves of one or two contracts however. I would probably look at what we could get for a guy like Nödl at that point. I don't think he will improve much, if at all, from what he showed last season. As for the second guy to leave, I have no idea, maybe someone would want a guy like Bourdon? On the Flyers roster, if we can get rid of Shelley, I'd do that, maybe Betts but that would require Couturier and Nylander to sign cheap contracts for that to work I think. We would also lose yet another pker.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:29 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Jeff Carter

oh wait...

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Flyerfan808

I think we need to at least let them play some games before we start throwing players under the bus?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:08 AM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post

2nd post and you already made me sick with that. Really??
Sorry man that's just how I feel/felt like I said he was a great player for us in the long run but I never liked him my apologies for the sick feeling, he just wasn't a favorite of mine, and I'm sure it's just me but he seemed like he hated it in Philly, so flame away if you must

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:22 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl

If Talbot and Nodl are in our top 9: Bryz better have a gaa of under 2. Both are 4th liners.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:20 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Bobrovsky. Nothing against the guy, but he is probably going to get a decent return and his value is only going to go down playing 20-25 games the next few years.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote