HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 2011-2012

Old
08-15-2011, 08:16 PM

vCash: 500
Sport Junior Magazine says Kirill Kabanov isn't at camp. Anyone know why? Just preparing for his NHL camp?

Anyone has a list of players present at camp?

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 08:54 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Sport Junior Magazine says Kirill Kabanov isn't at camp. Anyone know why? Just preparing for his NHL camp?

Anyone has a list of players present at camp?
On his Facebook he said he had to go back to Russia to get a visa/passport

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:56 PM
overtheboards

How is Dylan Anderson doing ?

overtheboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 08:04 AM

Reports are saying Trevor Parkes isn't at camp either... guess that means he won't be back as a 20 years old.

Old
08-19-2011, 03:06 PM

20 cuts:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/sports/no...18-214117.html

I'll be in Drummondville tonight. Go ARMADA!

Old
08-19-2011, 09:58 PM

Here's my take on tonights game for all the Armada fans out there.

GOALIES
Max Smith - He was flopping all over the place, but has some good basic skills. With some coaching he could become a reliable tender. The Blainville defense really let him down in the 3rd.

William Racicot - Nothing special for a 19 years old... he was alright. Will probably make the team ahead of Smith and be Marcoux's backup.

DEFENSE
JL Beauchemin - He was very good tonight, he is huge on the ice, was one of the better skater too. Should be a solid 20 years old for the team if none of Lefebvre/Aubry/Parkes/Roussel come back which they probably won't. I was imrpessed. Great goal and good fight.

Jeremy Barriault - Mediocre. Fell down on one play which led to a goal, gave up the puck behind the net which led to another, didn't do anything at all for me. For a 19 years old player I wasn't impressed at all. Tried to fight Archambault near the end but didn't work. Cut.

Sebastien Gauthier - Looked small out there and kept giving up the puck at the beginning of the game. Was alright for the most part, great skater, and made an awesome defensive diving play, but was overmatched physically. Listed at 155 lbs... better luck next year.

Aaron Hoyles - Ouch. Responsible for Drummondville's first two goals. Didn't do anything good during the game. Not impressed either. He played physical a bit but it just wasn't enough for his lack of vision out there.

Michael Hladin - Not very noticeable, I guess he was okay, not the kind of player I'd take on the team. A little bit physical, but that's about it. A solid skater though. Might make it as a #7... but I doubt it.

Elie Berube - Great skater very fast, nice hands and vision, but the kid tried to do everything on his own. Gave up the puck way too much trying to deke out 5 skaters... and he's a dman. Was also overmatched physically, he's very small out there. Only 16 years old... he should be a good offensive dman for us next year.

FORWARDS
Philippe Fontaine - Was wearing the C, he was great, lots of speed, good on the PK, likes to go to the corner. Created some offensive chances, and was always the first in the corners. Very good game for him. Should be one of our 20's.

Alex Lemieux - Guy looks tall out there, good skater, likes the rough stuff. He isn't much of a hockey player but he will be able to get a spot on our 4th line since we're re-building. Had a nice goal and a decent fight.

Felix Plouffe - Was really noticeable in the first period. Great speed and hustle and decent playmaking ability. I'd like to have a better look at him but he seems to have good skills. He could be a guy that would earn a spot right now.

Matt Provost - I am not sure why but Provost was playing as a forward tonight. He is supposed to be a defenseman. He was pretty good, good poise and was dishing out the hits out there. Also dropped down to block shots on the PK. I am not sure what is up with him and where he will play this year.

Olivier Sylvestre - Scored a BEAUTY top shelf goal in the first, but was barely used by coach Houle. Each time I saw him on the ice he was great, backchecked and made some good heads up plays. He has good size and at 17 would fit in well with the rebuild. I want him on the team.

Toliver Bergeron - Was physical and has good wheels but wasn't that noticeable tonight. He was alright, didn't do anything special.

Danick Martel - This guy is THE surprise of the night. He was everywhere, he is extremely fast and isn't afraid to throw the body even at 5'8 150 lbs. The guy was very good, created all sort of scoring chances for his linemates. Very involved in the play. Should be on the team for sure.

JC Laflamme - I thought he looked slow out there, wasn't very good. I was expecting a lot more from him. He should be worried about Sylvestre and Martel stealing his spot.

Nic Parisella - I wasn't impressed. He threw some good checks and was involved in the play but didn't take very good decisions. Not a whole lot offensively and gave up the puck fairly often. I wouldn't take him on the team.

Marc-Olivier Roy - I have nothing bad to say about him, he was very good, used his body well. Showed some sweet hands, good speed, and a willingness to play in the dirty areas. I liked him tonight.

Samuel Aquin - WOW! this guy is good. Similar to Martel he is a smaller guy but is very involved in the play and has great wheels. Good shot, scored twice tonight. Has great offensive flair and doesn't mind taking the body. He's making the team.

Michael Clarke - I thought this guy was the better 'Q' player for the team tonight. He played a very mature game, used his speed and size quite well and created a number of scoring chances. He will be on the team for sure.

Last edited by #57: 08-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old
08-20-2011, 08:53 AM

The defense should look like this when all is said and done:

Xavier Ouellet (18) - Matt Provost (19)
JL Beauchemin (20) - Jonathan Narbonne (19)
Guillaume Belanger (19) - Alex Micallef (19)
*Michael Hladin (18)/Jeremy Barriault (19)

Pretty old defense for a rebuilding team but Berube and Gauthier will need to show a whole lot more than what they did yesterday if they wanna make the team.

I won't be in Gatineau tonight and won't be able to make it in Boisbriand on Sunday since the game is at 3 PM.

It would be nice if someone could get us a report on some Armada players this weekend.

Old
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
BLBarmada

I hope Berube makes the team.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 09:40 PM

Well by the looks of it the team did a whole lot better today. 2-0 shutout over Gatineau. Both goalies are probably ahead of Smith and Racicot with this performance. Although they didn't have Berube and Hoyles coughing up the puck every chance they get in front of them.

Two snipes for Alexandre Lemieux... dissapointed Sylvestre didn't play tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow's lineup and cuts... should be quite interesting.

The Armada should have a solid hard-working team this year.. not a whole lot of firepower but if Marcoux holds the fort we should definitely make the playoffs and get some experience for the kids.

Old
08-20-2011, 11:31 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Well by the looks of it the team did a whole lot better today. 2-0 shutout over Gatineau. Both goalies are probably ahead of Smith and Racicot with this performance. Although they didn't have Berube and Hoyles coughing up the puck every chance they get in front of them the better,

Two snipes for Alexandre Lemieux... dissapointed Sylvestre didn't play tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow's lineup and cuts... should be quite interesting.

The Armada should have a solid hard-working team this year.. not a whole lot of firepower but if Marcoux holds the fort we should definitely make the playoffs and
get some experience for the kids.

The higher we finnish the better, can't believe we traded our 1st.

Old
08-21-2011, 05:24 PM

Plouffe seemingly outplayed Racicot tonight... looks like he has the backup job all but locked up.

Alexandre Lemieux scores his 3rd, making a case for himself.

Coach Houle should be making some cuts tonight... waiting to hear some news.

Old
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Next game is on Saturday in Boisbriand against Drummondville. I'll try to make it.

Anyone went to the game today? How's the arena? How much is it for a ticket? Was there a lot of people?

Old
08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Whyaduck
Rookie User

The price for a preseason game is 5$ with no arranged seating. The ambiance for today's game was a bit dry, alot of families with a lot of kids but little cheering or energy.

Danick Martel played an excellent game, with 2 nice assists. His only major screw up being the Olympiques 2nd goal where he got side-stepped on the PK. Overall best player vs gatineau today.

Ilia Nikolaev played an excellent game as well, looks alot like Nikolai Kulemin. Played very well alongside Martel and has decent speed for his size. Good shot and good decision making.

Samuel Aquin played a great playmakers game but didn't seem to have the wingers to complement his game.

Jérémy Barriault was unimpressive all game long with turnovers and mediocre play. He had one fight but didn't have the upper hand in it.

Alex Lemieux seems to be a solid grinder with great physical play and had one solid fight.

Félix Plouffe seemed to show skill, i'm interested to see how well he can do.

Chris Clapperton is one hell of a smooth skater, he showed great decision making and above average skill.

All in all the Armada played OK. They have little defensive skill and as such simply do not use their defense in any kind of play. They never shoot from the point and their D is always passing the puck towards the outside.

The forwards showed skill but apart from Martel, Aquin and Nikolaev no one seemed to show teamwork or any kind of passing play.

Goalies were OK. The D didn't help them much.

Whyaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyaduck View Post
The price for a preseason game is 5$ with no arranged seating. The ambiance for today's game was a bit dry, alot of families with a lot of kids but little cheering or energy.

Danick Martel played an excellent game, with 2 nice assists. His only major screw up being the Olympiques 2nd goal where he got side-stepped on the PK. Overall best player vs gatineau today.

Ilia Nikolaev played an excellent game as well, looks alot like Nikolai Kulemin. Played very well alongside Martel and has decent speed for his size. Good shot and good decision making.

Samuel Aquin played a great playmakers game but didn't seem to have the wingers to complement his game.

Jérémy Barriault was unimpressive all game long with turnovers and mediocre play. He had one fight but didn't have the upper hand in it.

Alex Lemieux seems to be a solid grinder with great physical play and had one solid fight.

Félix Plouffe seemed to show skill, i'm interested to see how well he can do.

Chris Clapperton is one hell of a smooth skater, he showed great decision making and above average skill.

All in all the Armada played OK. They have little defensive skill and as such simply do not use their defense in any kind of play. They never shoot from the point and their D is always passing the puck towards the outside.

The forwards showed skill but apart from Martel, Aquin and Nikolaev no one seemed to show teamwork or any kind of passing play.

Goalies were OK. The D didn't help them much.
Thanks for the report! Seems like you have the same opinion as me on Martel, Aquin and Barriault.

Can't wait to see Nikolaev in action. I'll try to make it next Saturday vs Drummond.

Any news on the cuts?

Old
08-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Louiss

Will Kabanov reports???

Havent heard of him yet for this season...is he already there??

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:06 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiss View Post
Will Kabanov reports???

Havent heard of him yet for this season...is he already there??
Yes I believe he will be once he's cut from NYI.

Also Louis Leblanc had been traded to Shawinigan for Cole Hawes, likely more coming are way if he is sent back to juniors.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Yes I believe he will be once he's cut from NYI.

Also Louis Leblanc had been traded to Shawinigan for Cole Hawes, likely more coming are way if he is sent back to juniors.
Thats what I have heard too

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Cuts according to Chesnel:

JP Giroux
Max Smith

Jeremy Barriault
Michael Hladin
Kevin Benoit
Jean-Laurence Beauchemin
Alexandre Gauthier
Elie Berube
Guillaume Belanger

Danick Martel
Olivier Sylvestre
Oliver Tremblay-L
Craig MacLauchlan
Alex Lemieux
Nic Parisella
Philippe Fontaine
Samuel Aquin
Keven Durette
Francis Maillet

I can't believe Martel, Beauchemin and Aquin were cut. What the ****?

Old
08-22-2011, 06:48 PM

I am not quite sure why Beauchemin was cut. Now we're starting the year with only two 20's and Beauchemin would have been one of our better dman. We're probably getting one of Lefebvre or Aubry or Roussel or Parkes back but while they are at their NHL camps it would have been nice to ice three 20's. Plus the trade window is closed.

This is weird. Joel Bouchard? Come on dude.

Old
08-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Lineup for the Armada:

NHL camps: Kirill Kabanov, Xavier Ouellet

Michael Clarke - Jess Tanguy - Ilya Nikolaev
Christopher Clapperton - EJ Faust - Cole Hawes
Felix Plouffe - Dylan Anderson - Alexandre Lemieux
Raphael Pouliot - Toliver Bergeron - Marc-Olivier Roy
*Cedrick Paquette, Jean-Christophe Laflamme

Olivier Picard - Matt Provost
Sebastien Gauthier - Jonathan Narbonne
Aaron Hoyles - Alex Micallef

Etienne Marcoux - Jean-Christophe Plouffe - William Racicot

8 rookies out of 18 regulars

Why not keep Fontaine or Beauchemin as the 3rd 20's for September at least?

Old
08-22-2011, 10:19 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Lineup for the Armada:

NHL camps: Kirill Kabanov, Xavier Ouellet

Michael Clarke - Jess Tanguy - Ilya Nikolaev
Christopher Clapperton - EJ Faust - Cole Hawes
Felix Plouffe - Dylan Anderson - Alexandre Lemieux
Raphael Pouliot - Toliver Bergeron - Marc-Olivier Roy
*Cedrick Paquette, Jean-Christophe Laflamme

Olivier Picard - Matt Provost
Sebastien Gauthier - Jonathan Narbonne
Aaron Hoyles - Alex Micallef

Etienne Marcoux - Jean-Christophe Plouffe - William Racicot

8 rookies out of 18 regulars

Why not keep Fontaine or Beauchemin as the 3rd 20's for September at least?

**** Berube was cut !!!!

Old
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Louiss

Quote:
I am not quite sure why Beauchemin was cut. Now we're starting the year with only two 20's and Beauchemin would have been one of our better dman. We're probably getting one of Lefebvre or Aubry or Roussel or Parkes back but while they are at their NHL camps it would have been nice to ice three 20's. Plus the trade window is closed.

This is weird. Joel Bouchard? Come on dude.
yeah thats strange... since the team is weak in a new market... he should have kept the most veterans possible to start the year to try to be competitive.

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 01:11 PM
johnnydrum

I was trying to read up on Ilia Nikolaev, but found the new website very difficult to understand.
As a huge fan of Russian prospects, I was pleased to see that Nikolaev reported.
I tried to get some onfo on both him and Salimov (of Val Dor) as soon as the Import draft was over, but found very little on him.
So, hes lookng good so far in camp?
Any reports on him would be greatley appreciatted.

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah from what I heard Nikolaev is looking good. He will be our best forward along with Kabanov and Tanguy. He has decent offensive upside, is strong on the puck and seems to have very good hockey sense.

We'll see how he performs.

Old
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Whyaduck
Rookie User

Yeah Ilia Nikolaev was looking really good on the ice. Fast for a guy his size and a nice quick release with impressive accuracy. Definitely a guy who is going to tear it up on the team.

He doesn't shy from the body at all and shows skillful puck handling. See Nikolai Kulemin, Andrei Kostitsyn or maybe Eric Staal.

Saw him in practice on a sniping drill rip shot after shot pass the goaltender with a crazy release. For those who attend practice he was wearing green equipment and #20.

Whyaduck is offline   Reply With Quote