HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - Win

Old
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
I agree, but our 1st isn't the answer. No way we give up that much, sorry...
You wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Evander Kane? Especially right now when you don't know where that pick will be?

Wow.

Although it doesn't really matter anyway because Winnipeg is in not position to trade Evander Kane.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
You wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for Evander Kane? Especially right now when you don't know where that pick will be?

Wow.

Although it doesn't really matter anyway because Winnipeg is in not position to trade Evander Kane.
Ottawa is almost sure to finish in the bottom 3 next year. I'm sure those 3 top players will be alot better the Kane. Thats why I'm saying we don't trade for Kane. Unless we have another first next season via trade, then no deal .

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Ottawa is almost sure to finish in the bottom 3 next year. I'm sure those 3 top players will be alot better the Kane. Thats why I'm saying we don't trade for Kane. Unless we have another first next season via trade, then no deal .
Kane has 2 years of NHL experience, just turned 20 two weeks ago, and has progressed each year. If the position of the pick is what matters, he was a #4. Not wanting Kane for a 1st because MAYBE one of the top few picks will be better is just silly.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Kane has 2 years of NHL experience, just turned 20 two weeks ago, and has progressed each year. If the position of the pick is what matters, he was a #4. Not wanting Kane for a 1st because MAYBE one of the top few picks will be better is just silly.
That's how HFBoards works. Last year's #1 isn't worth nearly as much as next year's #1. Additionally, if you were drafted let's say #10 overall and have proven yourself to be one of the hot young players in the league, you still won't be worth as much as nest year's top3 picks. Of course none of this makes any sense, but that's the way people on this forum think.

Daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Huffer

Quote:
That is what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
That's how HFBoards works. Last year's #1 isn't worth nearly as much as next year's #1. Additionally, if you were drafted let's say #10 overall and have proven yourself to be one of the hot young players in the league, you still won't be worth as much as nest year's top3 picks. Of course none of this makes any sense, but that's the way people on this forum think.
Nailed it.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Op do you really want Winnipeg to lose their team again? That's what this thread is suggesting.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
BigEyedPhish

Kane will take Karlsson most likely..

And most likely I say no..

Although Kane - Zibanejad would be effing FUN to watch..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:38 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedPhish View Post
Kane will take Karlsson most likely..
Id say it with the utmost certainty that is the kind of value it would take. That being said, does Winnipeg really need another offensive defenceman...... they would want Spezza, period.

To be honest I would rather see how all of these prospects develop, not a knock on Kane, but Id like to think some of our forward prospects have a pretty good chance to develop almost as good as him without giving up a cornerstone player.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Aznguy

Am i the only one that thinks that Bogosian sucks? Someone please tell me how this guy is a great offensive defensman with only 17 points this year.

Aznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:13 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznguy View Post
Am i the only one that thinks that Bogosian sucks? Someone please tell me how this guy is a great offensive defensman with only 17 points this year.
Growing pains for a young defenseman... he just turned 21 in July.

As a 19 year old defenseman he put up 81GP 10G 23Pts and 196 hits.

When he is in his mid 20's he will be a phenomenal defenseman

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:29 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

It looked like Bogo was playing unhappy, uninspired hockey to me. I expect that a packed MTS center with some rowdy fans should inspire him. He is a young kid and maybe the big cloud over Atlanta got to him and knowing that the team was moving and they had very few fans he may have felt like "whats the point of busting my a** for a team that won't even be here" I think its a bad attitude but one a younger player may have had. I expect by mid Nov it will become clear if it was a situation of him being unhappy in ATL or worse him regressing.

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Growing pains for a young defenseman... he just turned 21 in July.

As a 19 year old defenseman he put up 81GP 10G 23Pts and 196 hits.

When he is in his mid 20's he will be a phenomenal defenseman
I feel, and it is only a feeling based on what I have read/seen that he is a player with a great tool set, just no toolbox.

But he might be a stud. Kane? I have heard nothing but good stuff.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:19 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
I feel, and it is only a feeling based on what I have read/seen that he is a player with a great tool set, just no toolbox.
As of right now, I agree with this. Bogo is just another example of D-men who get paired with Enstrom and look good. Once they're put with someone else, their true colors show (you can add Buff to that list, too). Someday, I think he'll put it together and become awesome, but right now, he's got a lot of work to do.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:25 PM
gally2gally
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
[IMG]http://www.****************/images/logos/1/21/full/152.gif[/IMG]

Evander Kane
Bogosian

Wiercioch
Gonchar
2012 1st
2013 2nd

Flame away!! Or even better offer modifications.

comradechris is that you?

gally2gally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:28 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

What the HELL?

I was expecting Jason Spezza after I read Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Benny FTW
[yt]M6PbdJiAK84[/yt]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
What the HELL?

I was expecting Jason Spezza after I read Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian
LuLz

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:06 PM
topshelf15

Bogo for weircoch ,foligno and a 2nd close or do we need to add .I feel bogo would love to play for ottawa he is always here knows most of our players and would blossom

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
I'm just wondering but did you know Evander Kane was a 4th overall pick?

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Lukus

Quote:
As a Sens fan, I totally agree with you. If the deal was made today, I would definitely trade that 1st pick for Kane. As the season progresses and it becomes more certain that our 1st pick will be a Top 3, then that deal becomes less appealing.

I always put more weight on an established player over a prospect/pick. However, there are exceptions at times and given that Kane isn't a Crosby type of a gem and next year's draft could potentially have a couple of gems in it... next year's top picks are highly valuable... the only unknown right now is who owns those picks.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:16 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post

But he might be a stud. Kane? I have heard nothing but good stuff.
For what it's worth defenders usually take longer to develop than forwards. There are some exceptions however but with Bogo, the room for to grow and what he does already, definitely looks promising.

08-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Hale The Villain

I would take it as a Sens fan but it isn't as bad as some are suggesting.

To us the trade is:

Potental 60-80P power winger, young defenseman that could rebound into a top pairing defenseman but could also stay as mediocre as he is now

for

Potential star winger (Yakupov/Grigorenko), young defenseman that has top 4 offensive defenseman potential, veteran defenseman that could return a fair bit at the trade deadline if he rebounds and a potential 31st-35th pick in 2013

Not that far off.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
The Fuhr*

except with Kane our 1st would be in the 10-15 range... teams already good except for the lack of another good offensive forward... Kane solves that

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Justice Beaver

I have to agree with Fuhr here, Kane would solve a lot of our top six issues making our first round pick in the 10-15th overall range instead of a potential lottery pick. Dunno why Winnepeg would even consider it. Both teams would be better off just keeping and developing their own players. I'm not even touching the Bogosian aspect as I feel it's not a consideration for either teams. I'm an Evander Kane fan, since he was drafted and even more so after he knocked out Matt Cooke as a 20? year old. That being said, given Ottawa's state as a rebuilding team, the most I'd offer is:

To Winn:
Jakob Silfverberg
Patrick Wiercioch
3rd round pick in 2012

To Ott:
Evander Kane

Probably not enough to get Kane but given Ott's situation, most likely the only thing they can afford (Foligno, Regin and ilk as possible substitutions)

Justice Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Beaver View Post
I have to agree with Fuhr here, Kane would solve a lot of our top six issues making our first round pick in the 10-15th overall range instead of a potential lottery pick. Dunno why Winnepeg would even consider it. Both teams would be better off just keeping and developing their own players. I'm not even touching the Bogosian aspect as I feel it's not a consideration for either teams. I'm an Evander Kane fan, since he was drafted and even more so after he knocked out Matt Cooke as a 20? year old. That being said, given Ottawa's state as a rebuilding team, the most I'd offer is:

To Winn:
Jakob Silfverberg
Patrick Wiercioch
3rd round pick in 2012

To Ott:
Evander Kane

Probably not enough to get Kane but given Ott's situation, most likely the only thing they can afford (Foligno, Regin and ilk as possible substitutions)
I don't think there is anything in your proposal that makes Winnipeg even consider the deal.