HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Value NYR-NJD blockbuster Stepan + Larsson as principals

Old
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
I don't see the point in any of this. I don't think the improvement on defense would offset the loss up-front. Larsson, in my opinion anyway, is going to be another Marc Staal. Very solid defensively, plays well physically, and can contribute 30ish points -- not a true #1, but definitely a top-pairing guy. I don't think that's what our blue line is lacking.

I'll take Stepan and Del Zotto over Larsson for the current squad 10 times out of 10. We're going to hate Larsson for a long time, he's a good player, but I'd wager on the Debbies hating Stepan and Del Zotto (who is criminally underrated around here lately) just as much.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I don't know if you are agreeing with it or going against it, but making fun of it leads me to belive you are going against it. Well it's true. York plays his upper classmen, no matter how talented a younger player might be. Man oh man, I wish they recorded College ice-time, I can't find it anywhere. It would simply end the argument.

Also, Kreider hurt his jaw last year and only played 32 games compared to the maximum 39 games they played. So 7 games could equal who knows how many points. Maybe he would have had 30 points had he not gotten injured last year.
So you're telling me York doesn't care at all about winning games? He's just going to play his oldest players even if they suck? An interesting coaching method.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
So you're telling me York doesn't care at all about winning games? He's just going to play his oldest players even if they suck? An interesting coaching method.
Who said Kreider doesn't play? But when the upper classmen, who are quite good at the College level are getting 20+ minutes a game and Kreider probably gets 10-12 and a bit more some nights, it affects his point output.

08-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Bardof425

Quote:
This is BC. Nobody who makes the team sucks and York absolutely favors the upperclassmen when doling out ice time. Watch a game;

Bardof425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't see the point in any of this. I don't think the improvement on defense would offset the loss up-front. Larsson, in my opinion anyway, is going to be another Marc Staal. Very solid defensively, plays well physically, and can contribute 30ish points -- not a true #1, but definitely a top-pairing guy. I don't think that's what our blue line is lacking.

I'll take Stepan and Del Zotto over Larsson for the current squad 10 times out of 10
. We're going to hate Larsson for a long time, he's a good player, but I'd wager on the Debbies hating Stepan and Del Zotto (who is criminally underrated around here lately) just as much.
Thanks for saying it straightforwardly in clear terms.
Think that's accurate except I see more offensive upside in Larsson; not as much as Hedman, but more than Staal, currently.

Think the overall level of forward play COLLECTIVELY can be improved more readily than getting another D who is a bluer blue chip, which is why I suggested it. But I can certainly live with our guys.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
This is BC. Nobody who makes the team sucks and York absolutely favors the upperclassmen when doling out ice time. Watch a game;
Poor Kreider. No matter how well he plays he's just too young.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Poor Kreider. No matter how well he plays he's just too young.
Make fun of it all you want, but it is true.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote