HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!)

Old
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
i gotta admit, im amazed its finally happened, took 5 years. really glad to see him finally come over i think hes going to be great for us and completely replace hamrlik
Woooah! You have very high expectations... unless you were being sarcastic I dunno

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We didn't re-sign Markov to 5.75M for 3years not to make him play big minutes. He might not get them right from the first pre-season game, but it shouldn't take too long.
Agreed!

If he is completely healthy he will be our #1 D from the start of the regular season. I can see them keeping his minutes down in pre-season to protect him from injury but that is about it.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Woooah! You have very high expectations... unless you were being sarcastic I dunno
this aint some 19 yr old kid trying to make the big leagues, this kid is ready.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
this aint some 19 yr old kid trying to make the big leagues, this kid is ready.
I agree with you to an extent.. I still think it's going to take him 30-40 games to be comfortable out there. NHL is a much faster league than the KHL, defending against Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, and crew is a lot more difficult than the competition he faced in Russia.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
I agree with you to an extent.. I still think it's going to take him 30-40 games to be comfortable out there. NHL is a much faster league than the KHL, defending against Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, and crew is a lot more difficult than the competition he faced in Russia.
it all depends with who he is playing with.
I think it would take him less than 30-40 games if he plays with Markov

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
The biggest adjustment he will have to make is a system adjustment . I didn't watch his club games but at the WC's Russia played a man -on-man system which often pulled him north of the hash marks to cover the coresponding winger.

He will be in a zone defence in the NHL and will have to learn when to let a player go in order to engage the appropriate attacker.

I just hope Martin is patient with him during the learning curve and doesn't destroy his confidence. Martin is a fine tactition but his asset management skills sometimes are lacking.

Old
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
The biggest adjustment he will have to make is a system adjustment . I didn't watch his club games but at the WC's Russia played a man -on-man system which often pulled him north of the hash marks to cover the coresponding winger.

He will be in a zone defence in the NHL and will have to learn when to let a player go in order to engage the appropriate attacker.
I just hope Martin is patient with him during the learning curve and doesn't destroy his confidence. Martin is a fine tactition but his asset management skills sometimes are lacking.
That's exactly what I can't wait to see, it was fitting his style of play perfectly since on top of having good mobility, he's very aggressive in his pursuits, with JM he will have to stay within his role in the zone. And I agree, hope JM will be patient, he could potentially be great for us, on top of FINALLY being in NA...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
That's exactly what I can't wait to see, it was fitting his style of play perfectly since on top of having good mobility, he's very aggressive in his pursuits, with JM he will have to stay within his role in the zone. And I agree, hope JM will be patient, he could potentially be great for us, on top of FINALLY being in NA...
It was laughable reading some of the concerned posters comments about him being out of position during the WC's.

The Russian teams employ very different systems than North American teams.

Old
08-20-2011, 10:02 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Come playoff time I hope these are the pairings

Markov-Gorges
Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Weber
Spacek

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
It was laughable reading some of the concerned posters comments about him being out of position during the WC's.

The Russian teams employ very different systems than North American teams.
What was laughable tell me?? Different system or not, he was out of position on numerous plays.. thats a fact, not science fiction..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:21 AM
PricePkPatch

So.. with Weber and Yemelin both having to fully develop into our team...

If they do prove it they genuinely have what it takes, and they just need actual experience, do you think we might consider laying off Spacek this year before the deadline? I wonder what sort of deal AK + Spacek could give us back..

Love this new kid. I am happy with the risks our scouting team are taking, they have a very good chance to pay off.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
So.. with Weber and Yemelin both having to fully develop into our team...

If they do prove it they genuinely have what it takes, and they just need actual experience, do you think we might consider laying off Spacek this year before the deadline? I wonder what sort of deal AK + Spacek could give us back..

Love this new kid. I am happy with the risks our scouting team are taking, they have a very good chance to pay off.
Salary dump + 5th ?

Spacek is negative value. He's old, he's expensive, he sucks and his ****ed up English means he brings little leadership.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:45 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Salary dump + 5th ?

Spacek is negative value. He's old, he's expensive, he sucks and his ****ed up English means he brings little leadership.
He's reliable. He won't change the game by himself, but you can use him very well on 5-on-5, he had very good moments last year with us. Like Hamrlik, he showed moments of weaknesses mainly when he was overused and overexposed.

He's definitely a depth value for a team trying to patch holes in their D, the way we did last year.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
He's reliable. He won't change the game by himself, but you can use him very well on 5-on-5, he had very good moments last year with us. Like Hamrlik, he showed moments of weaknesses mainly when he was overused and overexposed.

He's definitely a depth value for a team trying to patch holes in their D, the way we did last year.
At the deadline if a team is going well and wants to add that little bit of depth and gets someone with experience we might get a 4th, or even a 3rd for him straight up, but at this point it would cost us to dump him.

Old
08-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
What was laughable tell me?? Different system or not, he was out of position on numerous plays.. thats a fact, not science fiction..
Different systems result in different responsibilities.

He looked out of position to you because you don't know where he was supposed to be.

Newsflash!!!! Not every team plays Martin's style.......especially Russian teams.

Old
08-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
A lot of left handed players can because most of the time there aren't any right handed shots.
Perfect!

Markov on the right side!! We all agree!! (it's funny 'cause...no one ever thinks of putting Markov on the right side).

Emelin - Markov

?!?!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Perfect!

Markov on the right side!! We all agree!! (it's funny 'cause...no one ever thinks of putting Markov on the right side).

Emelin - Markov

?!?!
Markov was a centerman before coming over to the NHL where he became a defenseman meaning he's probably only played on the left side.

Left handed d start playing the right side in minor hockey and sometimes junior, but rarely after that.

Old
08-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Different systems result in different responsibilities.

He looked out of position to you because you don't know where he was supposed to be.

Newsflash!!!! Not every team plays Martin's style.......especially Russian teams.
Even with such a simple, yet absolutely true fact, some people will continue arguing for the sake of arguing, like that guy...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:38 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Markov was a centerman before coming over to the NHL where he became a defenseman meaning he's probably only played on the left side.

Left handed d start playing the right side in minor hockey and sometimes junior, but rarely after that.
Markov was already a defenseman before he came over.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Salary dump + 5th ?

His english is pretty ok and you have no idea of his leadership skills, so stop saying things you have no way to know like it was some facts.

Also he has value since any top 6 dman has value at the deadline, especially since Spacek was better than the usual top 6 guy, plus he has a nice experience in playoff and his contract is ending after the season so it doesn't matter if he is expensice or not since his cap hit at the deadline will be something like 1,5 million, but hey haters gonna hate.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Spacek actually seems like a funny guy. Very low maintenance.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:26 PM
shamrun

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/325064.html

Looks like Darche likes what he sees from Yemelin.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Salary dump + 5th ?

This post is so bad I don't know where to start. Spacek's had his ups and downs but to assume he has no leadership skills because of a slight accent is, well, presumptuous and borderline racist. Not to mention he's logged some huge minutes and was very serviceable for us over the last few seasons. What a short sighted and shallow thing to say.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Salary dump + 5th ?

Spacek is gonna be allright as long as he is playing less than 20 minutes a game on a bottom pair pairing, and on the left side.

I'd rather have Hamrlik than him, but you should just blame Gainey for his shopping crazy day July 1st 2009 that brought us 7 or 8 new (3 new d-men) players that forced Spacek to play on the right side and look awful.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Spacek is good depth right now with Yemelin and Weber taking his spot. He's a great #5-6.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote