HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yemelin Hits Habs Ice (video!)

Old
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be a wise move to put Yemelin on the ice with Markov strictly for communication purposes.

For the first little bit Markov can cover for his mistakes and yell out commands in russian. If we put him on with anyone else just the language barrier will be a cause for many breakdowns.

Do the habs have a translator? Would that not be a great investment??????

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
This post is so bad I don't know where to start. Spacek's had his ups and downs but to assume he has no leadership skills because of a slight accent is, well, presumptuous and borderline racist. Not to mention he's logged some huge minutes and was very serviceable for us over the last few seasons. What a short sighted and shallow thing to say.
I agree that the post in question is ridiculous nonsense but please refrain from flipping the race card so liberally...........

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Wouldn't it be a wise move to put Yemelin on the ice with Markov strictly for communication purposes.

For the first little bit Markov can cover for his mistakes and yell out commands in russian. If we put him on with anyone else just the language barrier will be a cause for many breakdowns.

Is the translator supposed to take to the ice and skate between Emelin and Subban?

I'm sure they have language tutors to help learn English/French. I think it makes perfect sense that if Emelin is deemed good enough to play on the big club he'll pay next to Markov simply due to these potential language barriers. It wouldn't take Yemelin too long to get to know the hockey basics in English though.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post

I think a lot czech speak russian. So i expect a spacek yemelin duo on the ice at the beginning. Not sure, i cant find a link that shows that Spacek can understand. If he does not then you are correct they would have to pair yemelin with markov.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Is the translator supposed to take to the ice and skate between Emelin and Subban?

I'm sure they have language tutors to help learn English/French. I think it makes perfect sense that if Emelin is deemed good enough to play on the big club he'll pay next to Markov simply due to these potential language barriers. It wouldn't take Yemelin too long to get to know the hockey basics in English though.
You said you need a translator

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:30 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
I think a lot czech speak russian. So i expect a spacek yemelin duo on the ice at the beginning. Not sure, i cant find a link that shows that Spacek can understand. If he does not then you are correct they would have to pair yemelin with markov.
Was Markov paired with another Russian when he was brought up ?

No need for that.

Hockey is an international language. Pretty easy game to understand. It's no football (American-Canadian) here, where each play is called and must be understood by everyone.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I agree that the post in question is ridiculous nonsense but please refrain from flipping the race card so liberally...........
Call it whatever you want. The post to me was implying someone who doesn't speak perfect English can't have leadership abilities. In this case the reason he has an accent is because the guy is Czech.. But granted I'm sure the guy who posted it isn't racist. Let's call it wtf did he just say instead. Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread it just made me react. Carry on.

Last edited by Jigger77: 08-22-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote