HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Omark

Old
08-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Tarpit*

vCash: 500
Omark

EDM trades Linus Omark to NSH for Austin Watson

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Vdhawan89
Connor McMagic

Id rather not. I dont think Watson has impressed since hes been drafted. ( someone correct me if im wrong)

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Edmontonoil

We don't need another center! Only way we trade omark is for a young high potential dman or a proven one! Book it

Edmontonoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Edmontonoil

How about omark for Josi straight across

Or gagner, smid, omark for suter! Lol

Why don't you just give Linus klasen a chance! He was very impressive in the ahl skills competition

Old
08-22-2011, 01:28 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Did dude just reply 4 consecutive times to this post?

As for the OP: No. Watson was heralded as the next Jordan Staal. The only difference here is he basically fed off of Puempel all year long. He is at best an average 3rd line center in the NHL.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:32 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
pass...omark has skill.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Id rather not. I dont think Watson has impressed since hes been drafted. ( someone correct me if im wrong)
This is true. There is still plenty of time for him to improve, but he hasn't exactly been turning heads since being drafted. He'll be in Milwaukee next year so this will be a good test for him. Edmonton says no to this deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonoil View Post
We don't need another center! Only way we trade omark is for a young high potential dman or a proven one! Book it
Charles-Oliver Roussel? I wouldn't be willing to give up one of our blue-chip dmen (Blum, Ekholm, Josi, or Ellis). Roussel isn't too far behind them though.
Quote:
How about omark for Josi straight across
Ye....no.
Quote:
Why don't you just give Linus klasen a chance! He was very impressive in the ahl skills competition
Klasen got his chance and simply wasn't very good. He was a great stick handler, but average at pretty much everything else. He signed a 3 year deal in the SEL so he's not really our property anymore.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Did dude just reply 4 consecutive times to this post?

As for the OP: No. Watson was heralded as the next Jordan Staal. The only difference here is he basically fed off of Puempel all year long. He is at best an average 3rd line center in the NHL.
I wouldn't be trading for Watson for his offensive skills but for his defensive skills, grit, size, and he's a RH shot. The Oilers are lacking in players like Watson and RH players, he could also be move to the wing and that would give the Oilers that big RHW power forward prospect.

Omark to be effective with the Oilers he has be one of the top 6 forwards and that's not going to happen. Also he's not going to get much PP time because of the players ahead of him. Knowing Omark this will tick him off and he'll cry the blues to the media.

Trade Omark now and you can bring up Hartikainen or Hamilton. Hartikainen or Hamilton would be more of a benefit to the team then Omark.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:35 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

the problem omark is facing is the fact on the RW he is behind Eberle and Hemsky and on the LW behind SMythe, Hall and MPS--- 5 on 5 is not Omark strength--power play time is and I don't see him getting time over the 5 I mentioned

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
zeus3007*

Omark isn't going anywhere right away, I would gather. First of all, I am guessing the Oil are going to use him as 2nd line rw if Hemsky gets hurt. And if Hemsky gets hurt again, I don't see Edmonton bringing him back, meaning Omark is the second line rw of the future, with Pajaarvi on the lw. They had good chemistry, and I think Omark would be more effective on the 2nd line.

I'm not saying its impossible, but I am saying that Austin Watson certainly isn't the guy the Oilers need to replace him with.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Edmontonoil

Nashville fans don't understand that they can afford to ship out their blue chip Dmen!
Suter weber
Blum Klein
Josi Ellis
And they still have more Dmen!
There just isn't room

Old
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Nashville fans don't understand that they can afford to ship out their blue chip Dmen!
Suter weber
Blum Klein
Josi Ellis
There just isn't room
We understand that, it's just that Omark isn't good enough to return one of them.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Suter weber
Blum Klein
Josi Ellis
There just isn't room
I think they'll trade a D-man. Just not for Linus Omark.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
I wouldn't be trading for Watson for his offensive skills but for his defensive skills, grit, size, and he's a RH shot. The Oilers are lacking in players like Watson and RH players, he could also be move to the wing and that would give the Oilers that big RHW power forward prospect.

Omark to be effective with the Oilers he has be one of the top 6 forwards and that's not going to happen. Also he's not going to get much PP time because of the players ahead of him. Knowing Omark this will tick him off and he'll cry the blues to the media.
Omark said the truth to the media, i respect that. The dude straight up made the team and still got cut. Being the best player in his last preseason games, and having an impressive international resume would make anyone feel slighted. He didn't say anything rude really, i think anyone would agree politics plays a role in hockey decisions, and all Omark did was relent over this. He needs to play/live hockey with that chip on his shoulder, its what drives him. The Oilers will find him PP minutes, he'll force them too. There's no reason he can't score at even's, he'll be playing with good players on the third line.

Quote:
"Trade Omark now and you can bring up Hartikainen or Hamilton. Hartikainen or Hamilton would be more of a benefit to the team then Omark."
I agree two fantastic players, but no reason they can't start in the minors and get better. If your going to cut players for them, i'd think Hordichuk, Brule, Jones, Eager are better options. Nevermind that its a good idea to see if they can beat out actual NHLers for jobs.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
I think they'll trade a D-man. Just not for Linus Omark.
Well obviously not straight up. Actually, Omark would probably not be the centerpiece anyways, but it just depends what Nashville would want added

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
sparxx87

Thee Linus Omark?

Parise + ?
Weber + ?
Two 1st and a second 2nd ? (in a deep draft)

Or maybe add to get the Glennie? Or the Anton?

It's tough to get a fair return when dealing top end commodities.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Omark said the truth to the media, i respect that. The dude straight up made the team and still got cut. Being the best player in his last preseason games, and having an impressive international resume would make anyone feel slighted. He didn't say anything rude really, i think anyone would agree politics plays a role in hockey decisions, and all Omark did was relent over this. He needs to play/live hockey with that chip on his shoulder, its what drives him. The Oilers will find him PP minutes, he'll force them too. There's no reason he can't score at even's, he'll be playing with good players on the third line.
Come on give me a break, Omark cried to the media because he wasn't getting his way. He rather play in the bogus world championships then play for his team, team mates, and paying fans. Omark will never force the Oilers to due anything, the age were players force the management to due something is over. He'll due what they tell him or he sits. He already been crying to the media in Sweden that he thinks he's going to be trade. Must think his option with the Oilers are not to great, I don't blame him because their not.

You should know this by now, the Oilers management has learned their lesson about players using the media to get their way. Ask Souray what happens.

Hatikainen brings that size with the ability to drive the net and sit in front of it and take the punishment. He also has a defensive part to his game as does Hamilton. This what the Oilers has needed, some grit. The Oilers have more of a need for the big gritty, goal scoring, power forward, then a light weight highly skilled puck handler.

Old
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
Come on give me a break, Omark cried to the media because he wasn't getting his way. He rather play in the bogus world championships then play for his team, team mates, and paying fans. Omark will never force the Oilers to due anything, the age were players force the management to due something is over. He'll due what they tell him or he sits. He already been crying to the media in Sweden that he thinks he's going to be trade. Must think his option with the Oilers are not to great, I don't blame him because their not.

You should know this by now, the Oilers management has learned their lesson about players using the media to get their way. Ask Souray what happens.

Hatikainen brings that size with the ability to drive the net and sit in front of it and take the punishment. He also has a defensive part to his game as does Hamilton. This what the Oilers has needed, some grit. The Oilers have more of a need for the big gritty, goal scoring, power forward, then a light weight highly skilled puck handler.
If you were born in europe the world championships would mean a lot to you. I know the grey cup does to me. Not only that, europeans especially with the way soccer is, highly value playing for their country. Omark is a star in sweden, he tore up the league in his last year there, in a very entertaining fashion.

He came into the league at the same time many college prospects do (he was born in the same year as Jeff Petry), and they seem to be considered as having a chance to improve. He's been an outstanding player in 3 of the 4 best leagues in the world. He showed some real glimpses in the NHL last year especially towards the end, and after last year now has a full season of North American hockey under his belt. There is no reason to believe he won't improve, it's not like he's in his prime yet.

What he said in sweden isn't that bad either, your just blowing up minor comments. He said there were a lot of options in Edmonton.

Hartikainen and Hamilton have nothing to do with Omark. Especially considering neither has made the team yet. I agree Hartikainen showed well at the end of the year, but he could still improve on his AHL totals. And doesn't need to be rushed. Hamilton hasn't even played a game of pro hockey yet, there is an outside chance he makes the team, but he probably needs seasoning in the minors. I'm about his biggest fan too.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote