HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers - 10/2 5:05pm (PS)

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2005, 08:34 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
I don't believe the organization had a really good chance to evaluate him during training camp since he was injured with a groin pull. Anyone look impressive on the Devils tonight?
I liked Bergfors. He's quick. Smart. Looks like he could add a few pounds though.
Janssens looked tough enough. Didn't seem to play a lot after the fight though.

Old
10-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Just one other thing about Prucha--Fletch. I don't know if he needs to be on the top lines. He seems to make his own chances anyway--whoever he's playing with.
Good point and I also think he will get PP time with other players...Nothing wrong with him starting off on the 4th line in that case...of course, if you want to switch him with Hossa.........

Old
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
it was a weird preseason...not a lot of goal scorers out there, so it's tough to judge solely based on that. I don't see how Balej gets sent down after one game (has he had a preseason goal yet, or is Schoenfeld now stifling him) and Ludmark gets a top nine spot with his performance. Other guys who were injured got the chance to play tonight - not sure why Lundmark didn't, unless it's between he and Betts...

yep, as other people have also opined, what happens to JL is a big question.....I only thought one of him or Balej would make it...With Balej down (and on the 3rd line in Hartford right now), I though he was good to go for the first few weeks...But not so fast my friend, you have Prucha's strong performance and Hossa...None of these should be bench players, so one probably goes elsewhere...i think all points to JL....We shall see.

Old
10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Good point and I also think he will get PP time with other players...Nothing wrong with him starting off on the 4th line in that case...of course, if you want to switch him with Hossa.........
Yeah I'd rather leave him on a 4th line and spread out the offense. You could really roll lines then. And if another player is having brain farts on the pwp stick Prucha in his place. He reminds me a little bit of Larmer. An exciting player. Too bad our defense sucks.

Old
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

My suspicion is that all the Lundmark haters out there are going to be disappointed. I think the roster spot was his to lose and he's done nothing to disappoint the coaching staff. He probably didn't play tonight so his groin will be 100% come the opener.

I also suspect that the decision has already been made to send Immonen down; he's not a good fit on the 4th line. Prucha may have made it hard to send him down with his pre-season--it's really just a question of whether the coaching staff would prefer Ward out there to him. Betts probably wins over Moore.

Now we'll see how far off I am in the next two days!

Old
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Fletch

Fourth line?

and some PP time? With Jagr taking up 1:45 of PP time, and the fourth line most likely getting 4-5 minutes when the season starts, I don't know if that makes sense for Prucha.

Old
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
My suspicion is that all the Lundmark haters out there are going to be disappointed. I think the roster spot was his to lose and he's done nothing to disappoint the coaching staff. He probably didn't play tonight so his groin will be 100% come the opener.

I also suspect that the decision has already been made to send Immonen down; he's not a good fit on the 4th line. Prucha may have made it hard to send him down with his pre-season--it's really just a question of whether the coaching staff would prefer Ward out there to him. Betts probably wins over Moore.

Now we'll see how far off I am in the next two days!
Probably not by much. I just wonder how good they will do once the season starts.
Prucha should at least play the third line. Same for Moore. Lundmark will not succeed as a number 3 center. I think right wing on the top three lines is his best position.

Old
10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Barnaby

Great moves and shot by Prucha...

Is it me or does this play-by-play guy absolutely SUCK?

Old
10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Fletch

Crispino does suck...

Brooklyn - you're likely not far off. There's some tight races, which is to be expected when there are few spots, which is good since players need to earn spots, not be given those spots. There are guys with one-way contracts who I don't think earned spots, but didn't lose them either, and they'll be here more likely. Sather will be scouring the wires for another pick-up, perhaps an enforcer, which is odd since he really came to camp without a true enforcer, unless he thought Purinton and Rullier were them.

Old
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
and some PP time? With Jagr taking up 1:45 of PP time, and the fourth line most likely getting 4-5 minutes when the season starts, I don't know if that makes sense for Prucha.
Well, it'e either 4th line or no line, right? Or he gets the 2nd line RW spot, which I wouldn't be adverse to..Where you and I disagree is that I want the steady, reliable defensive 3rd line to be Niemene-Betts-Orts..Unfortunately, that leaves Prucha out a bit..But he's just 22 and in his first NHL year...He seems the type of player to make the best of his opportunites so he can go from 4th line tonm 2nd or 3rd in no time...A long season...

Old
10-02-2005, 09:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

People are going to hate to hear this...

...but I really thought that Poti played well tonight. I don't know if he had any points, but he was physical (including one check that you could hear LOUDLY on the telecast), involved in the play and played great positional D. I really hope he keeps it up (so we can trade him of course).

Old
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Fletch

Brooklyn...

he did - could've been a bit better on the PP, but the PP overall doesn't look good unless the three forwards are moving the puck.

Larry - I think it would be a crime, but if Prucha's on this team's fourth line, he'd be better off in the Czech Republic (I know he's not going there, just using that for effect). The top two lines will get a ton of minutes. The third line will get decent time. The penalty killers will get decent time, and Jagr will be killing penalties in no time, and the PP will be overstayed by the top three. He just won't get the minutes there...

Old
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

The organization cannot sell sending Prucha down. Prucha was arguably the best forward outside of Jagr or Nylander. I AM a Lundmark fan and although he played pretty well last night I wonder if the Hossa move does not signal his end or if it is a pre-cursor for another move as Rodent has suggested. Prucha has to be on this team he is our best scoring threat outside of the top line followed by Hossa and Jamie. I don't know but I do feel another trade coming prior to Wednesday. If Prucha does not make this team out of camp, playing on one of the top lines....I am going to be very discouraged and on the brink of I don't know what...

Old
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
I went to the game today [and yes im an Isles fan ,not a ranger or devils fan but 20 bucks for 2 tickets in the 300s would be silly not to]

my quick impression-

-The Rangers outhustled the Devils id say 65% of the game

-Weekes looked great and made some really nice saves

-Brodeur will be missing Stevens & Neidermeyer quite a bit,he had Jagr posting up on him in the crease .

-Nylander looked pretty good and was all over the ice

Plus the shootout at the end despite the Rangers winning in reg time was pretty cool

Though im not sure why they did that

10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Fletch

DaMick..

that's been done after every game to prepare teams for the regular season. Pretty much pretending the game ended in a tie and looking for a winner...

Old
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

anyone have a vid of the Jagr goal?

Old
10-02-2005, 11:51 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

TV did the Jagr goal absolutley no justice. In person, it was pretty amazing. I am tivo'ing Rangers rewind and I will try to capture the Jagr goal and post it tomorrow if no one else does first...

I think Malik is getting a bad rap - I thought he was clearing Devils out from in front of Weekes pretty well tonight.

It may have been just my perception, but it seemed like the Devils could have been ahead by 2 goals in the first. A few fans and missed chances. Probly you could make a case for the Rangers not scoring a goal or two more also...

Another thing we need to consider - much fewer penalties in the 3rd again. Is this the refs, or were the Rangers catching on?

I feel bad for Hollweg, it seemed like he had good intentions...

The ice seemed extra slick tonight - was that why the Devils didnt get their first shot on goal until 5 + mins into the first? Or just chalk it up to good Ranger D?

There were a few random wipeouts, including the ref into the boards about 2 mins in the 1st, got the crowd cheering a bit.

Straka beat Brodeur *again*in the shootout. Seems like his Devil 'killing' from his LA days are still with him.

Old
10-03-2005, 02:19 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
That goal was vintage Jag's. Hope he plays like that this season...Did anyone else see Renney go to Jagr right after to tell him that was a nice goal?

Old
10-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
That goal was vintage Jag's. Hope he plays like that this season...Did anyone else see Renney go to Jagr right after to tell him that was a nice goal?
I saw that, and JD said that's what Renney was saying, but in reality, all Renney was doing was setting up his Shootout line up. Right after Jagr, he talked to Straka.

Old
10-03-2005, 06:51 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
I know it is early, but is anyone else thinking we should break up that first line and try and distribute the offense and have vets play with young guys...?

I Think they should seperate them slightly. Nylander and Jagr have playmaking skills and should be seperated. Their's no sense in having the two best puck carrying forwards on the ice at the same time, when you have a defence that can't skate the puck up the ice. I think as the season moves along they'll have to break them up. If not we're going to be playing in our own zone alot.

Old
10-03-2005, 10:43 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
TV did the Jagr goal absolutley no justice. In person, it was pretty amazing. .

Yeah it was...it looked like a real playground type move ,my entire section was in total awe after it.

Old
10-03-2005, 01:28 PM
True Blue

Quote:
So we'll see Nylander, Straka and Jagr, while the Devils put up Bergfors, an 18 year old, for the experience...
That's one of the many reasons of why the Rangers are the Rangers and the Devils are the Devils. You know the Ranger mantra......Anything from the outside is better than what is on the inside. Along with if you are a rookie and cannot score every game, then you have not proved yourself.

Old
10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Ola

Quote:
So we'll see Nylander, Straka and Jagr, while the Devils put up Bergfors, an 18 year old, for the experience...
Actually NJD signed him to play in the AHL. He can do that beeing from Europe and with a year of playing in the SEL. You don't put a kid in the NHL who isn't ready...

Old
10-04-2005, 12:22 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Actually NJD signed him to play in the AHL. He can do that beeing from Europe and with a year of playing in the SEL. You don't put a kid in the NHL who isn't ready...
Fletch was refering to time in preseason.

Closed Thread