HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sabres-Flames-Isles trade

Old
08-23-2011, 06:13 AM
ct2111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoshiBlitz View Post
Completely agreed, Corto. Morrisonn and Sekera do not have the same value, which is why I stated within the post that IF it was Sekera a pick would head the Sabres way. If it were to be Mo, then there is no need.
It still doesn't make any sense from the Sabres POV to trade Sekera+Boyes just to improve the 3rd line (and be stuck with a expensive caphit for a long time) and a pick. Even if Bourque was better than Stafford, one of them would move down to the 3rd line, making that player expendable at that kind of caphit. They lose a guy that was arguably their #2 d-man last season and could at any time fill in on the top-pairing (in case of injury) and gain a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Plus they need Boyes' salary coming off for Ennis' and Myers' new contracts next off-season.

Edit: I see Bourque can play LW too, I still stand by my point though, if Bourque slides in the top 6, Ennis would have to drop to the 3rd line and Gerbe would be probably stuck on the 4th line.

Last edited by ct2111: 08-23-2011 at 06:57 AM.
ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 06:29 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
To Calgary:
5th Round Pick from NYI
Cody Mccormick

To Buffalo:
2nd round pick from NYI
Jesse Joensuu

To NYI:
Andrej Sekera
Niklas Hagman

Islanders trade Joensuu, 2nd, and a 5th for Sekera (Defenseman they need) and Hagman (a 1 year 3rd liner who will play better with them then in Calgary). But take 4.2 mil in Salary.

Flames get rid of Hagman (value 3rd rounder) for Mccormick (replacement and 1.8 capspace) and a 5th round pick to even it out for them. And for those who will say we already have Leblond, Kostop and Ivanans for that role, all 3 of those guys contracts expire so we dont have to resign them then.

Sabres trade 4 mil in cap away (Sekera and Mccormick) for Joensuu and a 2nd round pick. Bury Kotalik in minors and you have 3.5 mil in space.

Value may be off, but I tried
No. McCormick is too valuable to trade him away as a cap dump. He's the best fighter on the team and a pretty good energy player. That trade would significantly weaken the team. Buffalo from the looks of it needs him a lot more than the Flames would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
No interest what so ever from a flames perspective.

Simply put Bourque > Boyes.

Then you factor in their contracts and it becomes even worse for Calgary.
It just doesn't work generally. Bourque's long term contract combined with the Sabres' depth at wing (plus having Kassian in the pipeline) is the deal breaker.

Last edited by ct2111: 08-23-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old
08-23-2011, 07:24 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
BUF
hagman

CGY
tavares
hamonic

NYI
stajan
hecht
morrisonn
cgy 1st
buf 2nd
There's nothing to this post that indicates it's a troll/joke, so I'm just going to inform you this belongs in the HOF of bad proposals. Not only do the Sabres get screwed by taking Calgary's garbage for hecht/morrison and a second, but NYI just flat out gets *****.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 07:30 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Alright since my last attempt at a possible 3 team trade didn't go over so well I'm going to try again.

Buffalo recieves:
Tavares
Iginla

Calgray recieves:
Okposo
Hecht
A strand of Tyler Myers' hair
Some of mama Dipietro's home made remedy to stay injury free
Buf 1st

NYI recieves:
Hagman
Stajan
Morrison
5th in 2025 from Cal and Buf

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Strummergas

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 07:57 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
Alright since my last attempt at a possible 3 team trade didn't go over so well I'm going to try again.

Buffalo recieves:
Tavares
Iginla

Calgray recieves:
Okposo
Hecht
A strand of Tyler Myers' hair
Some of mama Dipietro's home made remedy to stay injury free
Buf 1st

NYI recieves:
Hagman
Stajan
Morrison
5th in 2025 from Cal and Buf
The Islanders get so screwed here..... this is a joke right?

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 08:34 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
The Islanders get so screwed here..... this is a joke right?
The DiPietro and Myers reference didn't set off your sarcasm-meter?

Old
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

I can't believe I'm actually fueling the fire here, but if you read the first post, it says "Calgary is discussing a trade with both the Islanders and Sabres."

Never does that say it has to be a 3-way trade. If, by some miracle, Eklind is right, Calgary could be shopping the same guy to both teams.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
I can't believe I'm actually fueling the fire here, but if you read the first post, it says "Calgary is discussing a trade with both the Islanders and Sabres."

Never does that say it has to be a 3-way trade. If, by some miracle, Eklind is right, Calgary could be shopping the same guy to both teams.
People like to bash Eklund but its funny how half the people on here can't even read his rumors properly.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
HoshiBlitz

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
No interest what so ever from a flames perspective.

Simply put Bourque > Boyes.

Then you factor in their contracts and it becomes even worse for Calgary.
I don't see any reason for us to do it either, unless management suddenly decided they didn't want Bourque for another couple years. I would take Boyes over Bourque though. Boyes has one year left which would free up even more room if needed next off-season but I don't really see a big need for that unless we go after a couple of big fish.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I don't see any reason for us to do it either, unless management suddenly decided they didn't want Bourque for another couple years. I would take Boyes over Bourque though. Boyes has one year left which would free up even more room if needed next off-season but I don't really see a big need for that unless we go after a couple of big fish.
Bourque is still signed for another 5 years, never liked the contract he was given, thought it was to long especially for a player like him. He plays a hard nosed game and is very injury prone, having him till he is 34 doesn't look good for the future in my opinion

Old
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
HoshiBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Bourque is still signed for another 5 years, never liked the contract he was given, thought it was to long especially for a player like him. He plays a hard nosed game and is very injury prone, having him till he is 34 doesn't look good for the future in my opinion
Yeah, I am still not too high on that deal. I always have a problem of signing players to 4-5 year deals if they aren't players you are sure that will be around (ie: Iggy, Gio, Kipper). At this point in time I am not a big a Bourque fan as I used to be, last season was kind of a let down. If Buffalo would want him for Boyes I would be happy.

Old
08-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Reacher Gilt

Only trade that would make some sense to me would be Sarich to the Island and the Flames get Morrisonn as a cheaper replacement.

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 10:00 AM
HoshiBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt View Post
Only trade that would make some sense to me would be Sarich to the Island and the Flames get Morrisonn as a cheaper replacement.
Flames would get a pick..right?

Old
08-23-2011, 10:05 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt View Post
Quote:
Flames would get a pick..right?
To Buf:
NYI's 7th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Sarich

OR

To Buf:
NYI's 6th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Sarich
Buf's 7th round pick

Old
08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post

That doesn't make much sense. Since the Sabres are a team looking to dump salary, and the Isles are a team capable of taking on salary.

Sounds like a 3 team deal... if anything

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
To Buf:
NYI's 7th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Sarich

OR

To Buf:
NYI's 6th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round p

To NYI:
Sarich
Buf's 7th round pick
Don't really see how Buffalo gets a pick in either one.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:13 PM
sabresfan3383

Send a message via AIM to sabresfan3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Well unless they give up Morrisonn for futures, Buffalo would have to get something in a 3 way trade

sabresfan3383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
How else is that supposed to be a three-way deal? The Sabres won't give up a pick just to rid of Morrisonn, so in that scenario the Flames could wait and hope he passes waivers till them or give up 7th round pick and get some depth.

Old
08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
To Buf:
NYI's 7th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Sarich

OR

To Buf:
NYI's 6th round pick

To Cgy:
Morrisonn
NYI's 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Sarich
Buf's 7th round pick
still too much fo the isles, part of the equation is calgary and Buffalo gaining cap space. as of now Morrisonn and Kotalik are headed to the AHL so Morrisonns value to Buffalo is just saving the cash.

the isles are facilitating the trade with their cap space; so logically they should pay less than the market value. here they are paying full market value and buffalo and calgary gain space, at the isles expense

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan3383 View Post
Well unless they give up Morrisonn for futures, Buffalo would have to get something in a 3 way trade
as of now Morrisonn is slated to be paid to play in the AHL, the value is not paying him to sit.

this is why the isles have pulled out because they have the cap space and buffalo and calgary need it

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 08-23-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
People like to bash Eklund but its funny how half the people on here can't even read his rumors properly.
I think you mean bull$h!t.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
still too much fo the isles, part of the equation is calgary and Buffalo gaining cap space. as of now Morrisonn and Kotalik are headed to the AHL so Morrisonns value to Buffalo is just saving the cash.

the isles are facilitating the trade with their cap space; so logically they should pay less than the market value. here they are paying full market value and buffalo and calgary gain space, at the isles expense
Why do the Flames need to save salary? I would think the only reason the Flames trade Sarich would be because he can return something decent and not just to get rid of him.

Quote:
as of now Morrisonn is slated to be paid to play in the AHL, the value is not paying him to sit
There are three possibilites:
-He gets traded for a pick
-He gets traded for future considerations or something random and invaluable (for 50 man reserve list purposes)
-He gets waived (and possibly sent down)

Basically, in that scenario only the first two options would apply.

Darcy values draft picks like they're his own childs, there's no way he would give up something of value just to get rid of ShaMo. Even when the Sabres had an iternal cap he didn't get rid of overpaid players that way. ShaMo isn't even useless and his contract isn't that bad.

Quote:
this is why the isles have pulled out because they have the cap space and buffalo and calgary need it
You forgot: "I think" or "IMO" or "according to Eklund".

Last edited by ct2111: 08-23-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Sabretooth47

I just came in here to check on the latest rumors...

Reason being is that I just heard CGY is looking to trade Iginla and Brendan Michaelson(sp?) to BUF in exchange for Hecht, Morrisson, and 2 draft picks (unknown rounds).

There was no mention of the Isles in a 3-way.

I haven't seen a lick of this on the interweb yet, so I'm guessing it's crap until then...

Sabretooth47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Why do the Flames need to save salary? I would think the only reason the Flames trade Sarich would be because he can return something decent and not just to get rid of him.

There are three possibilites:
-He gets traded for a pick
-He gets traded for future considerations or something random and invaluable (for 50 man reserve list purposes)
-He gets waived (and possibly sent down)

Basically, in that scenario only the first two options would apply.

Darcy values draft picks like they're his own childs, there's no way he would give up something of value just to get rid of ShaMo. Even when the Sabres had an iternal cap he didn't get rid of overpaid players that way. ShaMo isn't even useless and his contract isn't that bad.

as of right now, option 3 is the only option since buffalo is currently almost 4M over the cap. teams wont give you something for Morrisonn knowing that they also need to account for injuty callups

Darcy can try and he is, but other teams know he has to do something

to Buffalo, Morrisonn and Kotalik have negative value right now, since Buffalo must get under the cap

Calgary has less than a million in cap space as well, they cant take Morrison without a third team either

its not speculation its just the numbers

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 08-23-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 01:01 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
On Calgary.

Nothing new, though it is early out there still today...especially given it is late August. And now that the deal appears to be resting on the Sabres alone...not so sure they are in a hurry.
Here is the update, no mention of the Islanders now......