HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sunshine scenario

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2005, 08:10 AM
  #1
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Rangers sunshine scenario

When Melnyk was not looking, I snuck some of his happy pills out and had a toxic daydream.
Ranagers go through the season without major injuries. Jagr racks up 130 points. Weekes & Lundquist play a solid goal and keep the Rangers in games. Rucchin & Straka stay healthy. Nylander gets an Adam Oates-like 65 assists. Hossa suddenly becomes a 2nd line player. The goaltending and "system" bails out phsically averse Poti, Malik & Rozsival. Worrell looses 50 pounds and comes up at the end of October to protect the Rangers from the Brashears of the world. Betts stays healthy & Hollyweg plays like a young Darcy Tucker. Ortmeyer continues to defy his detractors (myself included) and actually manages to progress his game. Kasper takes his position seriously and avoids a myriad of dumb penaltied, but still hits everything that moves. Renney installs an actuall system.
Everything comes up rosy and the Rangers actually surprise the entire world and make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed.
Becuase they are in the playoff hunt, no trades of veterans are made. All of the one-year contract players decide that they need to have a very good season in order to get a contract somewhere next year. Meanwhile, Hartford is led to the Calder Cup by various yutes.
Now, next year most of the one-year vets are gone, replaced by Hartford products. And we all live happily ever-after. The end.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:13 AM
  #2
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Simply put: for a very, very long time, the Rangers will have a chance to overachieve rather than underachieve.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:14 AM
  #3
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Without thinking I can name five posters who will say: "See? That can happen! All the haters should shut up 'cause they're not real Ranger fans. Bring on the playoffs! God bless our glorious leader, Glen Sather!"

dedalus is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:16 AM
  #4
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
hmm True Blue did you score last night?

Ola is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:19 AM
  #5
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
hmm True Blue did you score last night?
You wake up and see that it will be 80 & sunny. Sneak LM's pills and suddenly, on the drive to the office, you witness a window to the Bizzaro world.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:26 AM
  #6
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Without thinking I can name five posters who will say: "See? That can happen! All the haters should shut up 'cause they're not real Ranger fans. Bring on the playoffs! God bless our glorious leader, Glen Sather!"
You forgot to add that the so-called "haters" don't know anything about a rebuild. They just don't "get it". I don't care what anyone says...it's is completely impossible to have a critical opinion AND still be a Rangers fan. I mean, how can someone disagree with management and still remain loyal. Piffle! Love it or leave it, boys and girls. Love it or leave it!

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:28 AM
  #7
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
When Melnyk was not looking, I snuck some of his happy pills out and had a toxic daydream.
Ranagers go through the season without major injuries. Jagr racks up 130 points. Weekes & Lundquist play a solid goal and keep the Rangers in games. Rucchin & Straka stay healthy. Nylander gets an Adam Oates-like 65 assists. Hossa suddenly becomes a 2nd line player. The goaltending and "system" bails out phsically averse Poti, Malik & Rozsival. Worrell looses 50 pounds and comes up at the end of October to protect the Rangers from the Brashears of the world. Betts stays healthy & Hollyweg plays like a young Darcy Tucker. Ortmeyer continues to defy his detractors (myself included) and actually manages to progress his game. Kasper takes his position seriously and avoids a myriad of dumb penaltied, but still hits everything that moves. Renney installs an actuall system.
Everything comes up rosy and the Rangers actually surprise the entire world and make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed.
Becuase they are in the playoff hunt, no trades of veterans are made. All of the one-year contract players decide that they need to have a very good season in order to get a contract somewhere next year. Meanwhile, Hartford is led to the Calder Cup by various yutes.
Now, next year most of the one-year vets are gone, replaced by Hartford products. And we all live happily ever-after. The end.
Okay, who snuck in and gave you the lobotomy?

jas is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
  #8
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
You wake up and see that it will be 80 & sunny. Sneak LM's pills and suddenly, on the drive to the office, you witness a window to the Bizzaro world.
Yeah right. She must have been a "looker"!!!

Ola is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:34 AM
  #9
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Yeah right. She must have been a "looker"!!!
Don't mean to be a jerk, Ola, but you really have to work on the spelling. It's HOOKER. 'She must have been a HOOKER!'


Shadowtron is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
  #10
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Okay, who snuck in and gave you the lobotomy?
I believe it was a company called REKALL. They specialized in memory implants. Apparently the memory didn't take and TB was left raving about how great his NY Rangers were. Poor, guy.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:28 AM
  #11
nyrcup94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
hey Shadowtron, maybe Ola intended to say "looker", meaning that she was an attractive woman.

nyrcup94 is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
  #12
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94
hey Shadowtron, maybe Ola intended to say "looker", meaning that she was an attractive woman.

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
  #13
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Back on topic, please.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
  #14
Rangers_23
Beuke!
 
Rangers_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of Entrapment
Country: United States
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94
hey Shadowtron, maybe Ola intended to say "looker", meaning that she was an attractive woman.
Classic.

TB - That is certainly possible, just not very likely.

I would love to see it but the last time I say Ranger playoff hockey I was a sophmore in highschool. I'm 25 now.

Rangers_23 is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
  #15
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
When Melnyk was not looking, I snuck some of his happy pills out and had a toxic daydream.
............

Becuase they are in the playoff hunt, no trades of veterans are made. All of the one-year contract players decide that they need to have a very good season in order to get a contract somewhere next year. Meanwhile, Hartford is led to the Calder Cup by various yutes.
Now, next year most of the one-year vets are gone, replaced by Hartford products. And we all live happily ever-after. The end.
Except Fletch, because the Rangers do so well that Immonen is never recalled! ....Just kidding amigo

BTW, TB, the dosage is 2 pills every 6 hours, not 6 pills every two hours....I made the same mistake around the time of the Rucchin trade..

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 12:30 PM
  #16
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94
hey Shadowtron, maybe Ola intended to say "looker", meaning that she was an attractive woman.

- Please tell me you're kidding.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
  #17
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Simply put: for a very, very long time, the Rangers will have a chance to overachieve rather than underachieve.
thats mostly because the expectations are so low and their players are not that good/inexperienced

difference between now and before is the potential for how good the team can do is much lower now then before with all the overpaid slugs

in the hall is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 12:54 PM
  #18
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
thats mostly because the expectations are so low and their players are not that good/inexperienced

difference between now and before is the potential for how good the team can do is much lower now then before with all the overpaid slugs

That's exactly my point. If this team manages to deal Rucchin, Ruscinsky, Straka and possibly Jagr, simply finishing an 82 game schedule would be a feat.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 12:56 PM
  #19
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
- Please tell me you're kidding.
They can't be both in NY?

Ola is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
  #20
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
They can't be both in NY?
*sigh*, yes they can be both. You do know that my response to you was a joke, right? Please? I was playfully accusing TB of shacking up with a "professional escort". HOOKER rhymes with LOOKER. Should I intro the joke next time? Was I being too subtle?

Here comes a Joke:

Ola walks into a bar, sees a deliriously happy True Blue and says, "boy she must have been some looker."


Now the Punchline:
To which Shadowtron replies: No, I think you mean hooker.

boom boom crash


Last edited by Shadowtron: 10-04-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Shadowtron is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 01:11 PM
  #21
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
That'll do.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.