HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part XVIII (Preseason Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Around the NHL: Part XVIII (Preseason Edition)

Other thread has like 20 posts left before the lock.

Continue here

Old
08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

vCash: 500
Like RangerBoy said: karma comes back around.

Maybe Crosby will just become one of those "if he was healthy..." superstars.

Old
08-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post

Karma sure did catch up to him. All of those slewfoots and dirty plays between him and Malkin, I am suprised that they were not injured earlier from someone taking a run at them.

Old
08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post

Honestly, I'd be somewhat happy if he was out of commision for most of next season, as it would certainly increase this team's chance of winning the division, but if he's injured long term, I'd be devestated. Say what you want about his atitude, or the way he carries himself, but the kid is one damn fine hockey player, and an absolute pleasure to watch.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Honestly, I'd be somewhat happy if he was out of commision for most of next season, as it would certainly increase this team's chance of winning the division, but if he's injured long term, I'd be devestated. Say what you want about his atitude, or the way he carries himself, but the kid is one damn fine hockey player, and an absolute pleasure to watch.
I feel like I felt when it was Lindros that was injured (even though I was a little kid ). Crosby might just fall in to that "what if" catagory of players if he comes back and is not 100%

Old
08-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I feel like I felt when it was Lindros that was injured (even though I was a little kid ). Crosby might just fall in to that "what if" catagory of players if he comes back and is not 100%
So we can trade Jan Hlaváč, Kim Johnsson, Pavel Brendl, and a 3rd for Crosby?

Old
08-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
He is probably the best player in the NHL, but I depise him. Just hit him cleanly and it makes everything better.

Old
08-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
So we can trade Jan Hlaváč, Kim Johnsson, Pavel Brendl, and a 3rd for Crosby?
Get it done Slats

Old
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
beastly115

Its almost poetic justice. I couldnt have arranged it any better myself. Crosby and his dirty play and constant whining. Mario whining about brawls yet turning a blind eye towards Cooke. I wouldnt be the least bit diaappointed if he ever played again. The Pens fans deserve it. They shouldnt have had the chance to draft Crosby to begin with.

Old
08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Its almost poetic justice. I couldnt have arranged it any better myself. Crosby and his dirty play and constant whining. Mario whining about brawls yet turning a blind eye towards Cooke. I wouldnt be the least bit diaappointed if he ever played again. The Pens fans deserve it. They shouldnt have had the chance to draft Crosby to begin with.
Yeah, Crosby deserves to suffer from concussion syndromes for the rest of his life to prove a lesson to the Pens fans!

Matt Cooke deserves this, not Crosby.

Old
08-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
If Crosby was say playing for Minnesota, I would care a lot if he got hurt. But since the Penguins are in our division, this is our perfect opportunity to start winning and building up division winners.

Rangers >>>>> Crosby for me.

Old
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

I guess the Penguins don't even know if Crosby will be ready for the season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587303

Old
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah, Crosby deserves to suffer from concussion syndromes for the rest of his life to prove a lesson to the Pens fans!

Matt Cooke deserves this, not Crosby.
They might loser a player they never should have had in the first place. And Matt Cooke deserves worse.

Old
08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Honestly, I'd be somewhat happy if he was out of commission for most of next season, as it would certainly increase this team's chance of winning the division, but if he's injured long term, I'd be devastated. Say what you want about his attitude, or the way he carries himself, but the kid is one damn fine hockey player, and an absolute pleasure to watch.
BB, I sincerely respect you a lot as a poster, but that's pushing it.

He's a very good player -- one of the better ones of his generation. But I never saw any joy in watching him run around like a pansy, cheap shotting people in the gnads, swatting at players' ankles and diving all over the ice, then crying (literally) to the refs every shift. He had wheels and a nose for the net with great vision. So do about 10 other players in the league.

Clearly, there's a reason why he is disliked by NHL players, and most hockey fans outside of Canada or Pittsburgh.

One Pearson in 6 seasons. That tells you something about how other players feel about him, and Ovechkin has never been confused for a Byng finalist.

I grew up watching Denis Savard, and Peter Stastny and Steve Yzerman and Pat Lafontaine and Dale Hawerchuk. THOSE guys were a joy to watch because they played the game the way it was supposed to be played, and I can honestly say it didnt bother me when they lit up the Rangers

I hate Crosby. Never liked him. I've seen better players who didnt need to be hyped up by Madison Avenue to garner respect and notoriety. One Hart trophy in 6 years. One. Yet I'm supposed to believe he is this generation's Gretzky?

Please.

I hope he stays away from the game. I hope he stays away from the game forever, because now I can physically watch the Penguins and not want to vomit in my mouth. I can watch the Pens and respect Staal and Letang and all the other Penguins who i liked except for you-know-who.

We all get injuries. It happens. I suffer from PTSD and my life will never be the same, so if Sid, his agent, and his supporters are looking for sympathy because he answers the door when the phone rings, and answers the phone when his doorbell is rung, he ain't going to find it from this guy.

Enjoy the couch, buddy.

Rant of rants over.

Old
08-23-2011, 08:42 PM
PromNite
Dragon Ninja

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

He's a very good player -- one of the better ones of his generation. But I never saw any joy in watching him run around like a pansy, cheap shotting people in the gnads, swatting at players' ankles and diving all over the ice, then crying (literally) to the refs every shift. He had wheels and a nose for the net with great vision. So do about 10 other players in the league.

Clearly, there's a reason why he is disliked by NHL players, and most hockey fans outside of Canada or Pittsburgh.

One Pearson in 6 seasons. That tells you something about how other players feel about him, and Ovechkin has never been confused for a Byng finalist.

I grew up watching Denis Savard, and Peter Stastny and Steve Yzerman and Pat Lafontaine and Dale Hawerchuk. THOSE guys were a joy to watch because they played the game the way it was supposed to be played, and I can honestly say it didnt bother me when they lit up the Rangers

I hate Crosby. Never liked him. I've seen better players who didnt need to be hyped up by Madison Avenue to garner respect and notoriety. One Hart trophy in 6 years. One. Yet I'm supposed to believe he is this generation's Gretzky?

Please.

I hope he stays away from the game. I hope he stays away from the game forever, because now I can physically watch the Penguins and not want to vomit in my mouth. I can watch the Pens and respect Staal and Letang and all the other Penguins who i liked except for you-know-who.

We all get injuries. It happens. I suffer from PTSD and my life will never be the same, so if Sid, his agent, and his supporters are looking for sympathy because he answers the door when the phone rings, and answers the phone when his doorbell is rung, he ain't going to find it from this guy.

Enjoy the couch, buddy.

Rant of rants over.
Damn, dude.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
08-23-2011, 08:45 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Damn, dude.
Yeah...I know...a little excessive. It's just that i can never forgive the guy for the Golden Goal.

I think i yelled at my TV for two days screaming stuff like "Worst case scenario" and "there is no God"

In all seriousness, though. I just cant see rangers fans watching us play the Pens this year saying, "damn..I really wish Crosby was playing"

Old
08-23-2011, 10:26 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
While I would never wish personal injury on someone, I too wouldn't be upset if Crosby was unable to continue playing.

Don't get me wrong, he's been the best player in the league post-lockout, but his constant whining, dirty plays, diving and embellishing just makes him a very hard player to like. The fact that he has become the face of the league despite his antics makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Also don't forget the "golden goal", even though I disliked Crosby way before that happened.

Old
08-23-2011, 10:49 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I feel for Crosby and all Penguins fans; look, it's bad for them, bad for him, and terrible for the league and game. He is the most marketable player and an ambassador. You never want to see anyone's career get cut short; as Ranger fans over the last decade plus, we've seen the premature ending of guys like Tomas Kloucek, Stefan Cherneski, Dan Blackburn, Mike Richter, Kim Johnson, the death of poor Alexei Cherepanov, and Mike York and Petr Prucha's NHL careers been cut by 2/3rds due to breaking down.

However, we can wish Crosby a speedy recovery, but this is also an opportunity. Nobody felt bad for the Rangers last year with all of their injuries and they have to seize the moment. Without Crosby, Malkin at less than 100% (I don't care what anyone says it takes over a full year to recover from that kind of injury), and the loss of Rupp and Talbot, the Penguins are weakened.

The Flyers...who knows with them, the Islanders are not quite there yet, and the Devils will be tough but beatable. This is a year in which the Atlantic Division is winnable, so take advantage, get home ice, and see where it takes them.

Old
08-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I feel for Crosby and all Penguins fans; look, it's bad for them, bad for him, and terrible for the league and game. He is the most marketable player and an ambassador. You never want to see anyone's career get cut short; as Ranger fans over the last decade plus, we've seen the premature ending of guys like Tomas Kloucek, Stefan Cherneski, Dan Blackburn, Mike Richter, Kim Johnson, the death of poor Alexei Cherepanov, and Mike York and Petr Prucha's NHL careers been cut by 2/3rds due to breaking down.

However, we can wish Crosby a speedy recovery, but this is also an opportunity. Nobody felt bad for the Rangers last year with all of their injuries and they have to seize the moment. Without Crosby, Malkin at less than 100% (I don't care what anyone says it takes over a full year to recover from that kind of injury), and the loss of Rupp and Talbot, the Penguins are weakened.

The Flyers...who knows with them, the Islanders are not quite there yet, and the Devils will be tough but beatable. This is a year in which the Atlantic Division is winnable, so take advantage, get home ice, and see where it takes them.
Well said. You did forget to mention Beukebom--who's career was ended by a sucker punch. He has suffered from PCS for years.

Old
08-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
I know it's no big deal, but you forgot the space after the colon in the title.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
08-23-2011, 11:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know it's no big deal, but you forgot the space after the colon in the title.
It is for your favorite anal retentive mod. I fixed it!

It's just pain.
Old
08-24-2011, 02:47 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

Please.

Enjoy the couch, buddy.

Rant of rants over.

This is just absurd. Remember when Jordan Staal sucker punched Prust? I cannot fathom how you would want the face of this sport to end his career super early.

Ovechkin leaves his feet every hit, *****es a ton and hasn't carried his team anywhere, but people love him because he's funny. I see nothing special about a ******** hole-in-one or nearly killing your teammate in a cart. Not to mention Malkin shows up 50% of the time, hasn't improved his english since coming to America, and is also very dirty. The sport needs Crosby.

If you love the sport you can surely understand the importance of a player like Crosby.

Old
08-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

This is just absurd. Remember when Jordan Staal sucker punched Prust? I cannot fathom how you would want the face of this sport to end his career super early.

Ovechkin leaves his feet every hit, *****es a ton and hasn't carried his team anywhere, but people love him because he's funny. I see nothing special about a ******** hole-in-one or nearly killing your teammate in a cart. Not to mention Malkin shows up 50% of the time, hasn't improved his english since coming to America, and is also very dirty. The sport needs Crosby.

If you love the sport you can surely understand the importance of a player like Crosby.
"Hasn't improved his English"? Some good old Russian hater huh?

Old
08-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

Take a sec and imagine what people would say about Crosby if he had a russian name... He seriously get away with a ton of stuff because the position he is in as the only 'nuck who challenge the two russians as the best in the game.

Always dives. Always complains. Then when he gets hit for once he is out for years basically.

If a russian played in the NHL and got concussion problems after a nothing-special hit he would have been destroyed completely. Not to mention the diving and complaining.

Look, when I really started to follow the game closely the new generation of players were Eric Lindros, Paul Kariya and Peter Forsberg. If you weren't around its easy to forget, but those three were basically more hyped than Sid, AO and Malkin. It did not take much more than a handful of years after they had really established themselves in the league, and all 3 were out/done/ready to be shipped out -- almost. It was not the same with Bure, but almost.

And that really noticed in this league in the early 00's. The quality was noticebly lower. 3-4 mega names does alot for the league.

I would actually love to see Crosby back in action, the game does need him. I am not about to cry if the Penguins gets some injury problem, that really helps us. If Crosby is out too included. But I don't get the unconditional love affaire everyone have with that kid. Especially when everyone else at the top right now is heavily scutinzed.

Old
08-24-2011, 04:55 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I have no problem if Crosby's out for a little bit.

But to see him become the next Lindros, i'd feel bad for him.

Closed Thread