HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Earthquake

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

vCash: 500
My friend lives like a mile from me and her house was shaking and I didn't feel a thing, weird.

Old
08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I can say one thing with absolute certainty. This earthquake will not ruin Chris drury's weekend.

Old
08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Oh come on, half of the East Coast has never in their life felt an earthquake before. Of course it's no big deal, but it's a noteworthy event for a lot of people.
I know, but if you were watching the news from here, you will understand what I'm saying.

08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I can say one thing with absolute certainty. This earthquake will not ruin Chris drury's weekend.
HAHAHAHAHA props on that one, if only it was December 24th right now...

Old
08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I know, but if you were watching the news from here, you will understand what I'm saying.
I'm watching the news here, where our local newscaster are outside of the Pentagon, Capital and White House, which were all evacuated. It's all silly, sure. But it's a scary thing for a lot of people, something that has never happened in this area (basically twice as strong as our previous quake), and as such is going to get nonstop attention for the rest of the day. It is what it is.

It's just pain.
Old
08-23-2011, 01:58 PM
BlueBlooded

Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
The news coverage now is a bit over the top, but I think in the heat of the moment you can't blame people for freaking out, especially in NYC and in D.C. If you're higher up in a tall building I imagine the shaking was enough to scare people into thinking something worse was happening.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

I was at work but my bro told me the house shook, I didn't feel a thing -_-

Old
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlooded View Post
The news coverage now is a bit over the top, but I think in the heat of the moment you can't blame people for freaking out, especially in NYC and in D.C. If you're higher up in a tall building I imagine the shaking was enough to scare people into thinking something worse was happening.
Yup, considering most people here have never felt an earthquake like that, there was a lot of fear. My friend at the Pentagon said people were screaming, and crying after the fact. Thought they were being attacked again.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm out in San Francisco. Didn't feel it.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I called my sister to see if she was alright. She is in Massapequa and I am in Suffolk County and she asked me, "Are you still taking all your medications?" WHAT THE F@CK LOL

She felt nothing, meanwhile my bar shook with the bottles and my table was swaying. I have a candle burning and that was swaying.

I went outside and these little trees I planted (3-4 feet high) were swaying. I was like, HERE GOES THE END OF THE WORLD!

I know people call me nutz, but I truly believe this world is coming to an end and quickly. Too much nonesense with the weather being completely crazy and mass amounts of people dying from typhoons, earthquakes, tsunami's, avalanches, ect ect.

I dont like to talk about this cause people just laugh at me for it. Whether they are scared and dont want to accept the fact I might be right, or they think I am just off my rocker.

I am a big believer in dec 21, 2012. So having a 5.8-6.0 quake in Virginia seems like another crazy weather ordeal that shouldnt have been.

Who knows. Either i am dead wrong and thats great! (I have a 2 year old daughter who I cant even imagine holding her when the end of the world comes. I want her to be able to have a looooong happy prosperous life!) or I am right and I wont be able to come on here and tell you, " I told you so" lol

Anyways, crazy earthquake today. WOW!
Really man?

Old
08-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Upper Manhattan and I felt nothing.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:23 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

DC Earthquake Devastation

Old
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

A dogs intuition!

Im in an office building in NY. The building swayed. It was crazy. I knew right away it had to be an earthquake. Nothing else could move the whole building like that. We evacuated, and half on my employees I think hit the bar!

Phones were out for a while but back up now. I called home and got my mom. She said she didn't feel it but my pop did. Also, they said my dog who goes to moms for doggie day care paced back anf forth with her nose to the ground for a few minutes before it happened. She knew something was up!

Old
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
I called my sister to see if she was alright. She is in Massapequa and I am in Suffolk County and she asked me, "Are you still taking all your medications?" WHAT THE F@CK LOL

She felt nothing, meanwhile my bar shook with the bottles and my table was swaying. I have a candle burning and that was swaying.

I went outside and these little trees I planted (3-4 feet high) were swaying. I was like, HERE GOES THE END OF THE WORLD!

I know people call me nutz, but I truly believe this world is coming to an end and quickly. Too much nonesense with the weather being completely crazy and mass amounts of people dying from typhoons, earthquakes, tsunami's, avalanches, ect ect.

I dont like to talk about this cause people just laugh at me for it. Whether they are scared and dont want to accept the fact I might be right, or they think I am just off my rocker.

I am a big believer in dec 21, 2012. So having a 5.8-6.0 quake in Virginia seems like another crazy weather ordeal that shouldnt have been.

Who knows. Either i am dead wrong and thats great! (I have a 2 year old daughter who I cant even imagine holding her when the end of the world comes. I want her to be able to have a looooong happy prosperous life!) or I am right and I wont be able to come on here and tell you, " I told you so" lol

Are you another Harold Camper follower? If so, please donate your money to me please and not that horrible false prophet.

We just felt the after effects. Not the earthquake. People need to relax.
My bed and chairs did shake as well, but we had the same exact thing happen a few years back. If a 5.9 magnitute earthquake would hit New York, all hell would break loose.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Apparently people in Burlington, VT felt it, but I was at work and didn't feel it.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

So Im in my basement, playing a game when the floor moves and the house starts to make cracking, creaking noises. It passes, and does it again, so I figure "****, if there was a time to run out of my house, its probably now". Anyhow, I get outside and its like a block party with all the people asking wtf happened. Pretty cool.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
DutchShamrock

Word is they felt it as far as Detriot and Massechusetts. I was in a car in central Jersey but did not feel it, however.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I don't blame people for overreacting, especially those in NYC. After 9/11, if I was in a high rise in NYC and felt the building swaying, I'd be scared ****less. I don't blame people for overreacting at all.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Was in a building that started swaying.

Interesting experience.

Old
08-23-2011, 02:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

lay off the guy! he's just on meds.

also, scientists have known about this east coast fault line. but they also believe in evolution so what the hell do they matter?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37407341...nd-eastern-us/

Old
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
If I still lived in NY, I would have freak out too

Old
08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

1. There is NO correlation between the weather and earthquakes
2. This wasn't a big earthquake. People are only freaking out because they've probably never felt an earthquake before in their life, and that first time can be scary. That being said.....
3. Its not crazy for the East Coast to get earthquakes. Its completely susceptible.

Old
08-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

All this news coverage is just ****ing stupid. It's nature. Get over it. Has anyone actually gotten hurt in New York? No. East coast or West coast it happens.

Old
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

was actually walking outside when it happened. didn't feel a thing.

Old
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I'm downtown in the financial district, on John St. My building was evacuated. I felt it for about 5 seconds. Pretty cool stuff!

I am on William and John and everyone started running away from Fulton. Pretty crazy.

Closed Thread