HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Parenteau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2011, 02:25 AM
  #26
islandersfan1677
Registered User
 
islandersfan1677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: jungleland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Who? You're interested in Randy Robitaille, Jr.? You can have him.


so true


you can have PAP for a bag of pucks

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
  #27
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandersfan1677 View Post


so true


you can have PAP for a bag of pucks
I dont get it why does everyone hate PAP... I know he's not a fixture for this team, but the guy does what hes expected to do, and with some improvment and tweaks to his game is a solid player.... oh wait is it cuz of this?



I mean he did come back from that and manage a goal and an assist and the isles won that game 5 to 2... in all seriousness whats the hate. I think if he was traded u'd be surprised what he could bring back.

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
  #28
steveat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
I asked roughly the same question about Parenteau not too long ago. You can read the answers here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=943147

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
  #29
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
I asked roughly the same question about Parenteau not too long ago. You can read the answers here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=943147
oh well whipping boy fine I wrag on him too, but we all know what he is and what he's here for so a placeholder is fine. Gervais gone now so I guess I may have to jump this bandwagon but the season hasn't started yet so there could be a new whipping boy by november

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
  #30
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,727
vCash: 500
If he improves his stickwork, he's a fine player. Now? He's frustrating but produces. He HELPS Tavares and Moulson. So if he gets better? We still have to trade him and Comeau because, well, uh......because.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 03:02 PM
  #31
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
So, Parenteau is sort of like your whipping boy around here then?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 03:36 PM
  #32
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,727
vCash: 500
That would be correct. He took the Bruno chair. Who took the Bergeron chair. Who took the Hilbert chair. Who took the Niinimaa chair. Who took the Bates chair. Who took the Oleg chair. Who took the Isbister chair. Who took the Connolly chair. Who took the Muckalt chair. Who took the Lindgren chair. I could go on.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM
  #33
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
I dont get it why does everyone hate PAP... I know he's not a fixture for this team, but the guy does what hes expected to do, and with some improvement and tweaks to his game is a solid player.... oh wait is it cuz of this?

I mean he did come back from that and manage a goal and an assist and the isles won that game 5 to 2... in all seriousness whats the hate. I think if he was traded u'd be surprised what he could bring back.
Just a stab...

- He is soft and knocked off the puck easily.
- He has wasted too many prime scoring opportunities.
- Whines like Gretzky to the refs at times. Unfortunately, he is no Wayne.

If he is on the second scoring unit I think you see everyone relax a bit. Staying as John's wing exposes PAP's ceiling and it is seen as a roadblock to improving John's game. Throw a competent 1st line wing next to JT and watch John easily add 10 to 20 more points to his totals, gaining him more confidence to step even further next season. PAP is seen as part of the problem, so he gets some of the angst about it. Unfair? Sure. It is reality though.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
  #34
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
That would be correct. He took the Bruno chair. Who took the Bergeron chair. Who took the Hilbert chair. Who took the Niinimaa chair. Who took the Bates chair. Who took the Oleg chair. Who took the Isbister chair. Who took the Connolly chair. Who took the Muckalt chair. Who took the Lindgren chair. I could go on.
That's a lot of chairs. Maybe the real problem is the room they are in.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:35 PM
  #35
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Just a stab...

- He is soft and knocked off the puck easily.
- He has wasted too many prime scoring opportunities.
- Whines like Gretzky to the refs at times. Unfortunately, he is no Wayne.

If he is on the second scoring unit I think you see everyone relax a bit. Staying as John's wing exposes PAP's ceiling and it is seen as a roadblock to improving John's game. Throw a competent 1st line wing next to JT and watch John easily add 10 to 20 more points to his totals, gaining him more confidence to step even further next season. PAP is seen as part of the problem, so he gets some of the angst about it. Unfair? Sure. It is reality though.
Well thats a fair enough assesement but this was his first full season in the NHL... and was given top line duties so that is a lot of responsbility. I dont think he is anything but a depth forward, and I wish we had a better option on rightwing for JT, but unless your going to throw KO there dont see any replacement. He could have some better play this year and as long as he puts up simmilar numbers to next year i mean he's a bargain place holder.

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:55 PM
  #36
hskates21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Yeah parenteau gets way too much hate here

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:35 AM
  #37
4straight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
do you think if nino has a fantastic rookie year they will have him on the first line and send p.a. packing at the deadline?

4straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:41 AM
  #38
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
Well thats a fair enough assesement but this was his first full season in the NHL... and was given top line duties so that is a lot of responsbility. I dont think he is anything but a depth forward, and I wish we had a better option on right wing for JT, but unless your going to throw KO there dont see any replacement. He could have some better play this year and as long as he puts up simmilar numbers to next year i mean he's a bargain place holder.
It will never happen. They guy is small and unfortunately lacks the mean streak a a player like Verbeek had to make up for his physical inadequacies. His vitals are listed at 5-11 and 195 lbs. I call BS on that, and yeah teams lie about the stats all the time. He looks like he is about 5'9" and maybe 180 lbs. Verbeek was an honest 5'9" tall and 190lbs of pure mean. I never saw Pat get knocked off the puck the way PA is routinely. And watching him botch play after play set up by Tavares last season was gut wrenching. Expect more of the same this season too just don't expect Wang to let Garth get someone better. He'd rather watch his investment in JT get squandered to save a buck.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 01:15 AM
  #39
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4straight View Post
do you think if nino has a fantastic rookie year they will have him on the first line and send p.a. packing at the deadline?
no, pap would just get put on the third line where he had great chemistry for a month with bailey and comeau, that line truly dominated when they were together

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 09:56 AM
  #40
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
So, Parenteau is sort of like your whipping boy around here then?
Yes but DP is far and away the number one whipping boy.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
  #41
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It will never happen. They guy is small and unfortunately lacks the mean streak a a player like Verbeek had to make up for his physical inadequacies. His vitals are listed at 5-11 and 195 lbs. I call BS on that, and yeah teams lie about the stats all the time. He looks like he is about 5'9" and maybe 180 lbs. Verbeek was an honest 5'9" tall and 190lbs of pure mean. I never saw Pat get knocked off the puck the way PA is routinely. And watching him botch play after play set up by Tavares last season was gut wrenching. Expect more of the same this season too just don't expect Wang to let Garth get someone better. He'd rather watch his investment in JT get squandered to save a buck.
Get over the wang wont spend a buck garbadge, just cuz he doesn't overpay and screw up a cap situation to get a player that isn't that good in the first place. So tired of that dumb song

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
  #42
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
Yes but DP is far and away the number one whipping boy.
I dont think they are anywhere near the same scenario. Parentau gets a lot of flak thrown his way that he doesnt deserve. He is a guy that put up 53 points in his rookie season, and outscored a lot of top 6 guys around the league, but gets a lot of undeserved **** thrown his way due to being the poster boy of the Islanders not going out and spending for proven players and relying on inexperience. He isnt a perfect player by any means, but he is just about as good as you can expect from someone in his situation. The hate that comes towards him is frustration of the Islanders' financial situation that morphs into hate of Parentau because the Islanders wouldnt spend for someone better. Even though Parentau himself has done a more than fine job.

DiPietro has either not played, or been the worst goaltender in the NHL for the last 4 years. All while acting like he is still the unanimous #1 around here when he has been outplayed by 4 goaltenders since his last full season of play. All the flak thrown at DPietro is legitimate even if it wasnt 5 years ago.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 01:34 PM
  #43
jdr016
Registered User
 
jdr016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Assuming the Islanders out of the playoff race I would guess 4th rounder, 3rd if there is enough teams bidding. That being said Snow has a bad habit of not dumping players unless he gets good value(see Zonopka and Martinek)
Actually, that's a very good habit.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 05:41 PM
  #44
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
Get over the wang wont spend a buck garbadge, just cuz he doesn't overpay and screw up a cap situation to get a player that isn't that good in the first place. So tired of that dumb song
Um, you get over pretending he isn't strangling the club because of financial issues tied directly to not getting his arena deals done. It has nothing to do with "not overpaying." If there is one thing the hockey-knowledge deprived owner has taught me is he will overpay... When he hasn't tied the health of his payroll to the acquisition of an arena deal financially lucrative to Wang Inc. I can understand where his recent miserly ways have come from, but they still suck for us and the team regardless. He's hurting the club, Perhaps justifiably to most, but he is still hurting the club.

Just look at where payroll is yet again... At the cap floor, in technicolor.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
  #45
redbull
Expect more
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Um, you get over pretending he isn't strangling the club because of financial issues tied directly to not getting his arena deals done. It has nothing to do with "not overpaying." If there is one thing the hockey-knowledge deprived owner has taught me is he will overpay... When he hasn't tied the health of his payroll to the acquisition of an arena deal financially lucrative to Wang Inc. I can understand where his recent miserly ways have come from, but they still suck for us and the team regardless. He's hurting the club, Perhaps justifiably to most, but he is still hurting the club.

Just look at where payroll is yet again... At the cap floor, in technicolor.
there's no doubt the spending is directly related to the arena - look at the back-loaded contracts recently given to okposo and grabner and the payroll spend over the past few years. Don't need a brick to hit you in the face - although sometimes it feels that way!

What I don't get is the Ehrhoff situation or the money apparently thrown at UFAs from prior years. It makes little sense to try so hard to land some players with huge proposed dollars/term YET NOT fill gigantic holes on the team.

Seems like Snow does have budget but doesn't spend OR maybe he doesn't have budget and acts like he does, at times. Either way, managing the cap is a drastically different thing than spending below the cap floor on the personnel. Removing DiPietro/Yashin and injuries from last year and the payroll was approaching HALF the cap floor in some games!

But I remain cautiously optimistic despite the lack of adequate spending and holes on the roster. I like the young players and the emerging talent. This team will be better no matter what - but I don't think this year will be that year. I think we'll need to see Strome/Niederreiter/deHaan/Donovan/Hamonic/Tavares/Okposo/Grabner/Bailey/Poulin two years from now, maybe three for some, before we see a playoff team



Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It will never happen. They guy is small and unfortunately lacks the mean streak a a player like Verbeek had to make up for his physical inadequacies. His vitals are listed at 5-11 and 195 lbs. I call BS on that, and yeah teams lie about the stats all the time. He looks like he is about 5'9" and maybe 180 lbs. Verbeek was an honest 5'9" tall and 190lbs of pure mean. I never saw Pat get knocked off the puck the way PA is routinely. And watching him botch play after play set up by Tavares last season was gut wrenching. Expect more of the same this season too just don't expect Wang to let Garth get someone better. He'd rather watch his investment in JT get squandered to save a buck.
gut-wrenching - perfect word, unfortunately.

Verbeek is 100x the player Parenteau is - in every way, not just toughness.

I'm with 4straight - hoping that Nino plays lights-out, taking Skinner-pills to have a great camp, pre-season and earn a legit top 9 role, displacing PAP. But that would require roster health and continued development of Comeau, Bailey as well.

I also think both Reasoner and Rolston are capable of top9 minutes.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
  #46
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Um, you get over pretending he isn't strangling the club because of financial issues tied directly to not getting his arena deals done. It has nothing to do with "not overpaying." If there is one thing the hockey-knowledge deprived owner has taught me is he will overpay... When he hasn't tied the health of his payroll to the acquisition of an arena deal financially lucrative to Wang Inc. I can understand where his recent miserly ways have come from, but they still suck for us and the team regardless. He's hurting the club, Perhaps justifiably to most, but he is still hurting the club.

Just look at where payroll is yet again... At the cap floor, in technicolor.
I think it has everything to do with overpaying.... did you see what the free agents went for this year. He took a shot at erhoff and threw him a serious offer albeit not frontloaded. I just dont buy it and im not pretnding that he's strangling the club. Just because we didn't land any of the "big" free agents this summer. were just getting to the point where were about to contend so aftter rebuilding for so long it makes sense to be where we are at with the payroll. When he starts letting young stars go cuz he doesn't want to pay them then you can tell me he doesn't want to spend money. So again people need to get over it and understand your not the billionare and your not the GM.

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
  #47
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
I think it has everything to do with overpaying.... did you see what the free agents went for this year. He took a shot at erhoff and threw him a serious offer albeit not frontloaded. I just dont buy it and im not pretnding that he's strangling the club. Just because we didn't land any of the "big" free agents this summer. were just getting to the point where were about to contend so aftter rebuilding for so long it makes sense to be where we are at with the payroll. When he starts letting young stars go cuz he doesn't want to pay them then you can tell me he doesn't want to spend money. So again people need to get over it and understand your not the billionare and your not the GM.
I wouldn't have done most of those deals, true, but market value is what the market gets. The bar got raised mainly by Buffalo and Florida going all Rangers on the UFA pool. That doesn't forgive Wang & Snow sitting there all cheery faced talking about the playoffs while the team salary is gorilla glued to the cap floor then crying about no one wanting to come here. This issue with the defense is not a sudden problem, it's been here for awhile. They've had two years to swing the right trade, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Just open your eyes man. The evidence is right in front of your nose with a blueline with precisely one whole defenseman who can clear the crease and Tavares being stranded between a plumber and garden gnome. And yes you should be concerned, because if John's agent is smarter than a pile of bear scat he is regularly asking his client if he thinks he could do better when he turns 26. It may even happen sooner than that, because this club garners zero respect from the rest of the GMs in the league. If a door opens for an offer sheet, Tavares will receive them. It's not like the other clubs will worry that the isles will even be around long enough to extract revenge of their own, and the worst part? You guessed it, Charles will let him walk if it means spending above the cap (assuming no arena deal in place).


Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 09-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:15 AM
  #48
redbull
Expect more
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I wouldn't have done most of those deals, true, but market value is what the market gets. The bar got raised mainly by Buffalo and Florida going all Rangers on the UFA pool. That doesn't forgive Wang & Snow sitting there all cheery faced talking about the playoffs while the team salary is gorilla glued to the cap floor then crying about no one wanting to come here. This issue with the defense is not a sudden problem, it's been here for awhile. They've had two years to swing the right trade, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Just open your eyes man. The evidence is right in front of your nose with a blueline with precisely one whole defenseman who can clear the crease and Tavares being stranded between a plumber and garden gnome. And yes you should be concerned, because if John's agent is smarter than a pile of bear scat he is regularly asking his client if he thinks he could do better when he turns 26. It may even happen sooner than that, because this club garners zero respect from the rest of the GMs in the league. If a door opens for an offer sheet, Tavares will receive them. It's not like the other clubs will worry that the isles will even be around long enough to extract revenge of their own, and the worst part? You guessed it, Charles will let him walk if it means spending above the cap (assuming no arena deal in place).
there's a lot of harsh reality in this post.

In fairness, I don't think it would have been the right move to overpay Ehrhoff and I do believe trades aren't always the right move either. The Isles have no positions of strength to execute effective trades except cap space and, to your point, when you're owner hovers at the cap floor, it's no longer an asset.

It is what it is.

But this team will be better, simply because of the talent level acquired through the draft. It will just take longer.

I think deHaan with his ELC will probably be close to Ehrhoff in terms of on-ice ability. Ehroff is no game-changer by any stretch. He's not anything more than Andrew MacDonald and is such poor value for that money and term.

And on Tavares, I know the NYi have a very paranoid fan base, with reason, and I know Tavares says all the right things to the media. But even the worst agent in the world can convey the relative merits to playing for the NYI (at its current state) versus 20+ other teams. I'm not worried, yet....but, tick tock.

The best thing for this team is to get better, really fast. It's not so much about Milbury-type trades or mortgaging the future but you have to have your core assets, your top talents, in an environment where they can succeed. Team success and personal success.

To not leverage your biggest asset (cap space) sends a very bad message to your fan base, your players and other players around the league.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
  #49
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I wouldn't have done most of those deals, true, but market value is what the market gets. The bar got raised mainly by Buffalo and Florida going all Rangers on the UFA pool. That doesn't forgive Wang & Snow sitting there all cheery faced talking about the playoffs while the team salary is gorilla glued to the cap floor then crying about no one wanting to come here. This issue with the defense is not a sudden problem, it's been here for awhile. They've had two years to swing the right trade, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Just open your eyes man. The evidence is right in front of your nose with a blueline with precisely one whole defenseman who can clear the crease and Tavares being stranded between a plumber and garden gnome. And yes you should be concerned, because if John's agent is smarter than a pile of bear scat he is regularly asking his client if he thinks he could do better when he turns 26. It may even happen sooner than that, because this club garners zero respect from the rest of the GMs in the league. If a door opens for an offer sheet, Tavares will receive them. It's not like the other clubs will worry that the isles will even be around long enough to extract revenge of their own, and the worst part? You guessed it, Charles will let him walk if it means spending above the cap (assuming no arena deal in place).
I'm sorry but no one here on a message board knows anything about what goes on between managment, between agents and players and between GMS throughout the league. There is no harsh reality here, its all just witty worded assumptions.

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
  #50
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I wouldn't have done most of those deals, true, but market value is what the market gets. The bar got raised mainly by Buffalo and Florida going all Rangers on the UFA pool. That doesn't forgive Wang & Snow sitting there all cheery faced talking about the playoffs while the team salary is gorilla glued to the cap floor then crying about no one wanting to come here. This issue with the defense is not a sudden problem, it's been here for awhile. They've had two years to swing the right trade, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Just open your eyes man. The evidence is right in front of your nose with a blueline with precisely one whole defenseman who can clear the crease and Tavares being stranded between a plumber and garden gnome. And yes you should be concerned, because if John's agent is smarter than a pile of bear scat he is regularly asking his client if he thinks he could do better when he turns 26. It may even happen sooner than that, because this club garners zero respect from the rest of the GMs in the league. If a door opens for an offer sheet, Tavares will receive them. It's not like the other clubs will worry that the isles will even be around long enough to extract revenge of their own, and the worst part? You guessed it, Charles will let him walk if it means spending above the cap (assuming no arena deal in place).
Interesting points, but then I find myself asking...

Weren't the Wisniewski and Erhoff deals fair and pleasant attempts to swing that trade?

If not, isn't saying Snow has had "two years to swing the right trade, yet we have nothing to show for it" absolutely insuating that the right deal was there to be swung in the first place?

And is it good business or even wise to be signing players to bad contracts just because "everybody/competitors" are doing it?

I also have to ask why we insinuate that the 21 year old Tavares is unhappy enough with Moulson and Parenteau and the prospects of soon playing with Strome and Niederreiter, that his agent would have to say "Look at the type of inadequate players they're surrounding you with. No reason to resign here."?

The way I see it, spending wisely and saving money while giving younger players you believe in the ice time necessary to be a pinnacle for the winner in the long run simply shouldn't be equated with being cheap or uninterested in winning.

In addition, have we so little faith in Snow's track record to add or bind players who are on good contracts and contribute, that we don't think he'll do anything to shore up a blueline that could use more solid depth - even though he's on record as saying he's going to do so?

Parenteau is on a one year contract. He could be traded around the deadline. He could repeat. He could be nothing but a decent pulse on one of the PP units. He could blow away our expectations. He could see himself drop down the totem pole by guys simply outperforming him.

In any case, I'm thinking this club has him here as a placeholder who earned another shot after his best pro season.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.