HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh interested in nikolai kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Kulemin + 1st for Staal?
Really? Maybe I'm biased, but I wouldn't touch that deal with a 10 foot pole. Kulemin is very strong in both ends of the ice and scored 30 goals last year. We also have 3 (maybe 4) top 9 centermen. I don't see why Burke would even trade him for Staal straight up, let alone with a 1st round pick. What has Staal done to have this kind of value? He was on pace for 22 goals and 60 points last season and his career high is 49.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Last edited by Fearless Leaf*: 08-24-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
HappyGilmourr

Jordan Staal and Nick Kulemin's value is pretty much the same imo. Leafs will say Staal + 1st though while pens will say Kulemin + 1st. Kulemin is a top 6 winger (border line top 3) while Staal has shown he is a good defensive centre related to Eric and Marc Staal which ultimatley makes him a little bit more valuable. You all no it's true.

Problem is Kulemin has shown so much chemitry with the leafs and is our best player while Staal is a great componenet to a team that has won and is still winning. It doesn't make sense to make a trade for the sake of a trade.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves View Post
Only thing they have we'd be interested in for kulemin is Malkin or Crosby and that's not happening.
This, the Pens are a great team but Kulemin is only going if something that addresses a major need is coming back, and the only players I can see that fit the bill are Crosby and Malkin. As much as I would love to see either of them in a Leafs jersey, it is highly unlikely and it would cost the farm.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

He said Toronto turned it down anyway, so it's not happening.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
not sure if your serious, but if you are....REALLYYY??
Toronto doesn't need another 2nd line centre, we'd rather keep our best left winger. So yes I'm serious, we'd say no to that and in no way is Staal worth Kulemin + a 1st like the comment I was referring to. Staal hasn't hit 50 points in his career why would we give up a 25 year old who just scored 30 while being our best defensive forward plus a mid first for him?

Last edited by Paradingwolves: 08-24-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old
08-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

If he turned it down, if there was even an offer, it probably didn't include Staal.

Kunitz, Tangradi/TK kind of deal or the like.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
FlyingPenguin

Quote:
Toronto doesn't need another 2nd line centre, we'd rather keep our best left winger. So yes I'm serious, we'd say no to that and in no way is Staal worth Kulemin + a 1st like the comment I was referring to. Staal hasn't hit 50 points or 25 goals in his career why would we give up a 25 year old who just scored 30 while being our best defensive forward plus a mid first for him?
You might wanna check your facts there.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Toronto doesn't need another 2nd line centre, we'd rather keep our best left winger. So yes I'm serious, we'd say no to that and in no way is Staal worth Kulemin + a 1st like the comment I was referring to. Staal hasn't hit 50 points or 25 goals in his career why would we give up a 25 year old who just scored 30 while being our best defensive forward plus a mid first for him?
He's hit 49 twice and scored 29 in his rookie year.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Anderson55

[QUOTE=Paradingwolves;36169925]Toronto doesn't need another 2nd line centre, we'd rather keep our best left winger. So yes I'm serious, we'd say no to that and in no way is Staal worth Kulemin + a 1st like the comment I was referring to. Staal hasn't hit 50 points or 25 goals in his career why would we give up a 25 year old who just scored 30 while being our best defensive forward plus a mid first for him?[/QUOTE]

Way to argue with facts

Old
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

we're not trading kulemin for a 3rd line center....

current possible top 9:

lupul - connolly - kessel
kulemin - grabovski - macarthur
kadri - bozak - macarthur

if trade happens

lupul - connolly - kessel
??? - grabovski - macarthur
kadri - staal - macarthur

you have to be retarded to make the trade from leafs POV

Old
08-24-2011, 12:41 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

pens and leafs are horrible trading partner's, only #1 center we could possibly get from them would be malkin, but they want kulemin because malkin and kulemin are awesome together. Kulemin is exactly what the pens need, but unless there's some 3rd team that's sending us a #1 center it's a no-go.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
You might wanna check your facts there.
My apologies, he hit 29 once sorry. I still stand by my statement that we don't need him, especially at the cost of our best LW.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Habsland35

Quote:
i am aware of all that but there is no way Kulemin is worth Staal + a 1st....Although he hasnt hit 50 points yet (was on pace for 65 this year) hes only 22 and has been playing behind Crosby and Malkin on the third line with minimul pp time his entire career....at such a young age hes already one of the better PK players in the league

put him in an offensive role and im sure he will produce big numbers, especially in toronto...

if Kulemin was playing on pitts 3rd line last year no way he comes close to his 30 goal mark....stats arent always the best argument....have you watched Staal play?

Old
08-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Not a legitimate source.. the link being starred out is a good clue. Closed.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Closed Thread