HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did anyone else listen to the game

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 11:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Did anyone else listen to the game

Via NHL.com tonight? The Flyers radio station version...

This is the 2nd time i've listened to one and i've noticed when they go to break they don't run the commercials, so you hear what the announcers are saying. I remember a few nights ago they were like

"Wow, look at her, 5th row, right over there"
"Holy cow, no wonder they call this 'silicon' valley."

Tonight heard a bit but the best was

"Theres your girl man, 2nd row in the green."
"Can you imagine how drunk you'd have to be..."
"Not enough alcohol in the world..."

and then the best part right after that "And to all you internet listeners a special hello."

If they understand that they're being heard I wonder why they still say such mean things

Old
10-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade

This is the 2nd time i've listened to one and i've noticed when they go to break they don't run the commercials, so you hear what the announcers are saying. I remember a few nights ago they were like

and then the best part right after that "And to all you internet listeners a special hello."

If they understand that they're being heard I wonder why they still say such mean things
Who's broadcast team do you hear, the Flyers w/ Propp?
Occasionally,on the NHL package, on DirecTv, they don't show commercials. When they don't sometimes the mikes are hot, othertimes you just have the crowd mikes on.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:17 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
I listened to one of the games this season and there were commercials, and one in particular that I remember. I caught the commercial in the middle of it, but they were talking about making their "weeners" (yes, that is the word they used) thicker and larger. Either they were talking about hotdogs in a humorous way, or.........

It left me puzzled and I'd be glad if someone could clear that up for me. Like I said, I didn't hear the whole thing.

Old
10-23-2003, 10:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Who's broadcast team do you hear, the Flyers w/ Propp?
Occasionally,on the NHL package, on DirecTv, they don't show commercials. When they don't sometimes the mikes are hot, othertimes you just have the crowd mikes on.
Yeah I was listenin to the Flyers one. I think it's just with the Flyers because i've listened through NHL.com to other teams stations and they don't have the hot mikes, they go to commercial.

Anyways I thought it was funny, they'll be like "And the puck goes into the crowd. This is radio station XXXX and we'll be right back." (normally commercials start now) "Huh? Oh yeah look at that one, she's a 10." "Hey we gotta get those promos done before the next period." "Yeah yeah, just remind me."

Old
10-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Teezax

I actually catch that quite often on the CSN channel. They never go to commercials. It is hilarious, it seems that they don't even know they are being listened to. Sometimes you see the camera swirving around like the cameramna is about to pass out from alcohol poisoning or something. Hilarious!

Old
10-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade

It's great to listen to it online. Last year they were in I believe Chicago:

Tim Saunders: What the hell is that?
Brian Propp: I think it's the shots on goal scoreboard.

In another game...

Saunders: You see that one?
Propp: Uh, is your wife listening?
Saunders: Why would she? She doesn't listen to me anyway.

Thing is, they know that the online listeners can hear them, but they often forget. One time Saunders was like "I often forget that our online listeners can hear us during commerical break, and sometimes Propp and I talk about whatever, and I would HOPE--although you never know in today's day and age--that our listeners are smart enough to figure that out."

Old
10-23-2003, 12:45 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Yeah, I think they just forget, the games i've listened to this season it's like each game they'll remember and mention something like "Hello internet listeners" or something, but like 5 minutes later it's like they've forgotten... oh well, cheap humor, which is nice when i'm f'in bored sitting at my computer desk at work

Old
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
PF

I've noticed this before as well, it lightens up a bad game sometimes...I remember once they were chatting about who around the NHL wore a wig, pretty funny stuff not that I can remember who they said.

Closed Thread