HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2011, 10:22 AM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
rofl, ****ing Riot

NA servers are down for maintenance, applying the new patch

All the NA players are trying to jump on the EU servers (me included)

Hour and 40 minutes long queue along with bugs preventing people from logging in...

Old
08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
ChaoticOrange

Just started playing about a week ago, definitely fun to play. I usually play Kayle. Haven't moved to pvp yet but last game vs bots I went 33-2-4. Add me if ya like, tag is COLDQUAKE

Old
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
I can't believe they nerfed Xin

And the servers are still down. BTW Be Ben add me, my IGN is Buddio.

Old
08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
I can't believe they nerfed Xin

And the servers are still down. BTW Be Ben add me, my IGN is Buddio.
Where do you see Xin getting nerfed? I don't recall that from the patch preview.

Old
08-24-2011, 04:54 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Where do you see Xin getting nerfed? I don't recall that from the patch preview.
They don't say everything in patch preview, gotta look at patch notes

Basically knockup will last a BIT less, and the slow on E will also last a bit less

Not really a noticeable nerf, but i don't know why they nerfed him, he's the weakest of tanky DPS

So yea...Gold Medal now is 1520 Elo, i'm at 1451 and i have till next downtime (prolly next tuesday)

Must. Get. Jarvan. Skin.

Old
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
They don't say everything in patch preview, gotta look at patch notes

Basically knockup will last a BIT less, and the slow on E will also last a bit less

Not really a noticeable nerf, but i don't know why they nerfed him, he's the weakest of tanky DPS

So yea...Gold Medal now is 1520 Elo, i'm at 1451 and i have till next downtime (prolly next tuesday)

Must. Get. Jarvan. Skin.
For whatever reason I can never seem to find the detailed patch notes lol.

Old
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
For whatever reason I can never seem to find the detailed patch notes lol.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1139062

Also, unrelated to the quote

Today they announced changes for Elo brackets, they reduced Gold from 1875 Elo to 1520, i started the day at 1433 with no intention of aiming for silver (at the time) now i'm duo queueing with a guy to get 1520

1 game away if i can get +18

Old
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Frankie Spankie

I just hit level 7. I usually played as Annie and loved playing as her but I played a round earlier where somebody else chose her. I chose Urgot instead and man, I love him. That special stops people from running every time and once somebody is even at half health, I can switch spots with them and they won't be able to run away.

Old
08-24-2011, 10:50 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I just hit level 7. I usually played as Annie and loved playing as her but I played a round earlier where somebody else chose her. I chose Urgot instead and man, I love him. That special stops people from running every time and once somebody is even at half health, I can switch spots with them and they won't be able to run away.
Urgot is arguably the best early game laner in the game

1v1 he wrecks if you can land your E then autolock your Qs, only maybe Leblanc is in the competition when it comes to early game

Anyway So yea like i said i started the day at 1433 i went 7-1 and got 1535 gonna have the skin!

Old
08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
I'm level 7 as well, you should add me if you want a guy to play with. My username is EK65.

Old
08-25-2011, 01:48 AM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

How's Big T looking?

Old
08-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
How's Big T looking?
Pretty deadly. I think people either don't know how to counter him or underestimate his burst and don't focus him. That ultimate can wreck faces. Basically, he's pretty slippery and deals a lot of damage. Seems strongest in the mid game. Closest comparable, IMO at least, is Katarina but he has a bit of CC and a more consistent ultimate.

Old
08-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
I'm level 7 as well, you should add me if you want a guy to play with. My username is EK65.
I added you. I'm not that good but I would love to play with people who don't go AFK all the time.

I'm not sure what you need to add me though. My log in name is FrankieSpankie and my champion name is Frankie Spankie, only difference is the space in the champion name.

Old
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
I added you. I'm not that good but I would love to play with people who don't go AFK all the time.

I'm not sure what you need to add me though. My log in name is FrankieSpankie and my champion name is Frankie Spankie, only difference is the space in the champion name.
Summoner name, the name you see in game

Old
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Add me up guys, me IGN is Buddio. I always like playing with other people.

I also played with BeBen last night and he was raging . But he also gave me alot of helpful tips for using Xin, so thanks for that!

Old
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Probably won't be playing much as school is about to start but I'm level 20 and I play almost exclusively with Garen.

I moonlight with Jax and Nunu every once in a while.

Towers229 is my summoner name.

Old
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Anyway So yea like i said i started the day at 1433 i went 7-1 and got 1535 gonna have the skin!
I just hit level 30 and have yet to play a rated game. I first wanted to get my last flat health Quint, and now that I have it, would you recommend doing my first rated game solo or joining with a few of the regulars I play with (Freaksh0w, Viktoree, and AlfieIsGod from this board)? Also, how are the rated games different besides the draft and ban?

Old
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
I just hit level 30 and have yet to play a rated game. I first wanted to get my last flat health Quint, and now that I have it, would you recommend doing my first rated game solo or joining with a few of the regulars I play with (Freaksh0w, Viktoree, and AlfieIsGod from this board)? Also, how are the rated games different besides the draft and ban?
I seriously wouldn't suggest playing Ranked if you just hit level 30

You would need to know at least 2 champion for each role and have runepages for all of them to be most efficient, the number one thing i see from people stuck in ''Elo Hell'' is that they played ranked too early and weren't prepared

As for Solo vs Premade it's up to you

It's called solo queue because it gives you the option to queue by yourself, but you can also duo queue and it will count as solo queue, once you queue as 3+ people though it becomes Premade

For your last question ranked games aren't any different outside from Draft Mode, having said that the metagame is much more different

In Normals most people just pick the champ they wanna play and don't care about team composition, in ranked there's always a preferred meta-game

Currently the meta game is as follow

Bruiser vs Bruiser top (usually bruisers like Udyr, Warwick, Jax, Garen, Nasus ect)
AP carry vs AP carry mid (Annie, Brand, Orianna, Anivia ect)
AD Carry + Support bot (Ashe + Soraka, Caitlyn + Alistar ect)
and a jungler

Old
08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
I seriously wouldn't suggest playing Ranked if you just hit level 30

You would need to know at least 2 champion for each role and have runepages for all of them to be most efficient, the number one thing i see from people stuck in ''Elo Hell'' is that they played ranked too early and weren't prepared

As for Solo vs Premade it's up to you

It's called solo queue because it gives you the option to queue by yourself, but you can also duo queue and it will count as solo queue, once you queue as 3+ people though it becomes Premade

For your last question ranked games aren't any different outside from Draft Mode, having said that the metagame is much more different

In Normals most people just pick the champ they wanna play and don't care about team composition, in ranked there's always a preferred meta-game

Currently the meta game is as follow

Bruiser vs Bruiser top (usually bruisers like Udyr, Warwick, Jax, Garen, Nasus ect)
AP carry vs AP carry mid (Annie, Brand, Orianna, Anivia ect)
AD Carry + Support bot (Ashe + Soraka, Caitlyn + Alistar ect)
and a jungler
Thanks, that's good to know. I am pretty comfortable with Tanks (Amumu, Alistar; who got nerfed), I have two Bruisers (Jarvan, Garen) but I am useless with junglers, no support and no carries outside of mediocre TF and Annie play. And my runes are pretty generic with only minor deviation for AD vs hybrid/AP heroes.

I try to focus on learning the top 2 tiers from Elementz tier list, so I've tried to learn Nocturne, Irelia, WW, Ashe, Akali, Vlad, Mord with varying success. I think I'll give Tristana a shot too, and Kayle after the recent patch. However, I'm wary about supports with the heal nerf that just went down.

Old
08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
BeBen*

Plus when you Ranked you need to know which champ is currently OP/FotM to ban them

ATM it's Orianna, Fiddlesticks, Mordekaiser, Jax, Gangplank, Udyr, Amumu

EDIT : Oh and **** Elementz's **** tier list, he only lists tier 1 when certain champs beat him or are obviously very strong pick regardless

Old
08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Plus when you Ranked you need to know which champ is currently OP/FotM to ban them

ATM it's Orianna, Fiddlesticks, Mordekaiser, Jax, Gangplank, Udyr, Amumu

EDIT : Oh and **** Elementz's **** tier list, he only lists tier 1 when certain champs beat him or are obviously very strong pick regardless
Hahaha, well, it's pretty obvious who is OP, especially Orianna and Fiddle.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:03 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Had the IP to pick up Talon today. Seems alright, but I think I'd rather play Wukong. Should have bought Kog'maw like I was originally going to.

Wanting to try Anivia as well.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

So I've taken a step back form my jungle obsession, as the old Golems/Wraiths/Wolves/Blue/B was getting a little tired.

I bought Tristana with IP on a whim... and my first game, I went 19-4 and absolutely speedbagged a 1-2 early lane against Gragas and Katarina. Haven't been able to match it in the couple games I've played since... but I do love her, as she is pure assassin.

My next pick up will be Kassadin, who I've been meaning to get since I played him on a free week.

IGN is TwoMinuteViking. I'm Level 28, but I always play with friends who lower levels, so those of you guys just starting can team up with us and get a full 5!

Old
08-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Frankie Spankie

Does anybody have any good videos or websites for tutorials on the game? I usually finish 2nd or 3rd on my team but I'm still playing beginner mode and still don't get scores like 15/1, I'm usually like 7/7 because I don't pay much attention to my own health. I'm a little nervous to step up to a harder difficulty since I don't get crazy scores like others. I would if people didn't pop out of the bushes to help me only when the guy's almost dead.

Old
08-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicY View Post

My next pick up will be Kassadin, who I've been meaning to get since I played him on a free week.
I don't play LoL anymore, I went back to DotA and now waiting for Dota2, but when I did I played about 600 games, got to lvl 30, and my heroes were:
- Ashe
- Kassadin
- Shaco
- Katarina
- Pantheon
- Jax... but it was just too easy at the time, pre-nerfs... you go 23-1-20 EASY unless you happen to run into a pre-made
(by comparison, I sucked 99% of the time with Pantheon if the game went past 20 minutes and we didn't have a meaningful advantage by then)

And Kassadin was VERY fun to play (though Ashe was my best, I even got several kudos from the Riot staff/forum admins I bumped in here and there).

Now, like I said, I went back to DotA (the not being able to play every hero, "grinding" for them, the silly no-denying concept, etc. was very unappealing from the start for me), but that said, it is definitely great fun once you get into it.

One thing I don't know is if Riot implemented a replay system since I stopped playing, and if there's anywhere I can find some high-end competitive replays to watch (and maybe get my interest going again).

Closed Thread