HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread 15 (NHL 12, Hurricane Irene)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Lol I think I may have seen Tom renney at a rest stop in Delaware. Guy looked just like him, and was staring at my WJC shirt. If any of you are bored and want to do some detective work, see if he or a relative has connections to Temple Law.
I know that feeling. I could've sworn I saw Torts in my local Dairy Queen, but I was too terrified to say anything.

Old
08-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 500
I could have sworn that I saw Stevey Y down here in Tampa a couple of months ago at a steakhouse. I did not want to bother anyone when they were eating (especially if it was not him) and with family so I just went on with my dinner

Old
08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
BOXPLAY

Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't mind the hitting as far as one guy going down, but there was too much of one hit leading to 10 guys going down. They should address that for the final product.

I knock Luongo down and Horton trips over him, and Lucic trips over Horton, and Kesler trips over Lucic, and then Luongo tries to get back up and trips over Kesler and barrels into Higgins who knocks the net off. It's pretty ridiculous.
this has happened to me about 10 times already

Old
08-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

funny, I posted in the beginning of the summer there was a guy sitting behind the plate at the Cyclone game that looked exactly like Steven Stamkos. Also then maybe a month or two before, I saw a guy who looked pretty much alike to Torts. Upon looking at his shopping cart, seeing loads of diapers I realized he was just an angry, sleep deprived new dad or unexpected granddad.

Old
08-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
Dr Dre beats are all hype. Not worth $400
I settle for whatever Woot.com has on sale usually. Got a few awesome cheap earbuds.

Old
08-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Groot
I am Groot.

So this hurricane thing.....

Old
08-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Schweiker17

Leaving for college in the morning

Old
08-25-2011, 01:47 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
As it's looking right now,

Not a static image(s), will auto update.

Depending on the trof, it could speed Irene up as it gains latitude, which as it looks right now, could be slamming our area Late Saturday night (first effects felt) and last throughout Sunday.

Even with the center of the Hurricane being 100 miles off shore, the entire area will still feel Irene's effects due to the sheer size of the storm and those heavy bands on the west side. Luckily, if this holds water (no pun intended hehe), most of the area should not see any part of the eastern eye wall/eastern part of the storm (possibly ELI could be a landfall, which could be bad), which is usually the most powerful. Irene could still be a weak Cat 2/Strong Cat 1 hurricane when it reaches our area, giving us tropical storm force winds <74 mph sustained, but gusts could be well above that, especially for the folk' on LI.

Will keep looking into it

Last edited by RyanBozak: 08-25-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old
08-25-2011, 03:38 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

http://hatsproductions.com/organtrail.html

sofar sogood.

Old
08-25-2011, 04:57 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
4670 points.

Old
08-25-2011, 05:15 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
5 am update has Irene shifted further west once again, nearly scraping the entire NE seaboard before making landfall again in LI. If this were to happen it would obviously be about the worst case scenario imaginable.

On top of that, while it is still up in the air, Irene could very well still be a 110mph hurricane as it approaches the Del Marva. Bad news.

Old
08-25-2011, 05:16 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Even better that i'm going to be in LI for college this weekend.

Old
08-25-2011, 07:33 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

For the seasoned NYC commuters...I go in to lower Manhattan a few times a year for work (NJT train/Penn Sta/Subway to south ferry) - does anyone think there will be interruptions Monday? I know when it snows there's problems, but would NJT or the subways get shut down?

Old
08-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweiker17 View Post
Leaving for college in the morning
Where to boss?

Old
08-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Nich

Looks like I am going to get slammed seeing that I live in Long Beach. Luckily I am in a apartment building and don't have to deal with flooding. Which is a gaurntee seeing Long Beach ALWAYS floods.

Old
08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Matteau Matteau

In keeping with the title topics:

A.) I will probably DL the NHL 12 demo in order to check the differences for myself. I'd bet I will end up buying the game, as I pretty much do every year. But I agree with the guy above who said EA is lazy. C'mon! It's 2012 and you still haven't put in realistic goal horns/goal songs for teams?

B.) I live off 1st Ave. in Manhattan. Should be interesting. I'm probably going to the store for some food today before it gets picked over, since there could be power outages and it's for damn sure that no one will be delivering.

C.) OK, I guess I can see a little "fishiness." But she's a class act and she's talented (even though country is not my thing), and she's totally cute. I'd wreck it.

Old
08-25-2011, 09:03 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
For the seasoned NYC commuters...I go in to lower Manhattan a few times a year for work (NJT train/Penn Sta/Subway to south ferry) - does anyone think there will be interruptions Monday? I know when it snows there's problems, but would NJT or the subways get shut down?
I could see some delays, but I would say it's unlikely things will get shut down. If they do, it's because things are bad enough that whoever you work for/with will understand.

RANGERS =
Old
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
I live here so I can't call myself a seasoned commuter--but I may be of some help.

I work down on Wall Street near the South Ferry, and the last time we had heavy-ish rain the subways were delayed. If the storm is as bad as predicted, there could very well be some issues.

Old
08-25-2011, 09:33 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
I live here so I can't call myself a seasoned commuter--but I may be of some help.

I work down on Wall Street near the South Ferry, and the last time we had heavy-ish rain the subways were delayed. If the storm is as bad as predicted, there could very well be some issues.
I go for training on State Street - SQL Server Boot Camp for the MCTS actually. I usually leave with plenty of time to spare. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I was late bc of a hurricane.

Old
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Hard to say without knowing what sort of damage we'll see. Problems most often occur between Secaucus and NY Penn, so if anything, you might have to go to Hoboken and take the Path to get into the city.

NJ transit doesn't usually have weather related problems, but we don't usually have hurricanes either.

The subways, I don't know. I don't ride them enough to know how frequently they have problems.

Old
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Silence Of The Plams
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
I know that feeling. I could've sworn I saw Torts in my local Dairy Queen, but I was too terrified to say anything.
Lmfao, striking fear into hearts everywhere! I think I was at a Häagen-Dazs and saw Bruce Boudreau...

oh wait ... but a lot of fat people go there... then again....

Old
08-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Silence Of The Plams
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Hard to say without knowing what sort of damage we'll see. Problems most often occur between Secaucus and NY Penn, so if anything, you might have to go to Hoboken and take the Path to get into the city.

NJ transit doesn't usually have weather related problems, but we don't usually have hurricanes either.

The subways, I don't know. I don't ride them enough to know how frequently they have problems.
The NJCL and part of the NEC flood easily, so maybe. The Subways usually never ever have problems unless it snows

Old
08-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
I'm a Conductor. We NEVER shut down

Definitely expect delays. Especially if there is flooding.

Last Friday during that ridiculous storm, a lightning strike knocked out all of our signals on the 7 line from Times Sq to 61st Woodside. I was stuck at Times Square for 2.5 hours.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 95
...and I have no work due to the weather. My paycheck is going to be sooooooooo miserable, especially after the hurricane blows through.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Hey weatherheads, think it's a bad idea to spend the weekend camping in the Middletown, NY area?

Closed Thread