HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
  #51
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
I'm so excited for Granlund to come over, but I think most of us are keeping expectations low because if he doesn't pan out like we hope he does, then it's very disappointing. As of right now, the 2010 draft looks very, very good. Granlund was a top pick with our later 2nd rounders in Larsson and Zucker coming along nicely.

I'm hoping that Granlund will progress well this season and tear it up again in Finland, but I'd love to see him at a PPG or higher this year over there. I think it can and will happen.

I'd say his rookie season point totals will depend on where the Wild are at, how much time he spends in the AHL (if any), and what line he plays on. I'd think he would be inserted into the top 2 lines though. I wonder if he starts at wing to get acclimated to the NHL or starts at center. It will be fun to discuss that next offseason (and hopefully we won't have much time to think about it because of a long playoff run).

mnwildgophers is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
  #52
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 50
Does anyone of you know if Mikael will be playing on a line with Markus this season?

superhakan is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
  #53
Up7Yours
Registered User
 
Up7Yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Does anyone of you know if Mikael will be playing on a line with Markus this season?
Markus is basically the 3rd line center, and Mikael 1st line. Maybe occasionally on the PP

Up7Yours is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
  #54
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
HIFK lost 3-2. Granlund's a bust!






















heksagon is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 02:00 PM
  #55
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,305
vCash: 50
Granlund sucks!!!!! Sell high! Sell high!!

rynryn is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
  #56
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Granlund sucks!!!!! Sell high! Sell high!!
Impossible! He has no value!

heksagon is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
  #57
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Is Ryder, Halak and a 2nd still an available option? If so, take it and don't look back!

Generic User is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
  #58
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Is Ryder, Halak and a 2nd still an available option? If so, take it and don't look back!
Oh the HF memes...

Latex* is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
  #59
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Ive seen mostly, projections in the range of 70-80pts at prime which isn't bad, but with that talent he should be better.
Minnesota has had three players in their history hit 70 points - it's hard to call that conservative for a prospect.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
  #60
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Minnesota has had three players in their history hit 70 points - it's hard to call that conservative for a prospect.
His numbers are special in national team and in FEL. He's already better offensively than Mikko Koivu and he's still developing. I understand being conservative but you guys should realize that Granlund is generational talent in finland. Most talented U-20 from finland ever, of course other players like selšnne developed like horse after that, but still. Has wild ever possessed a prospect pool like this? Granlund get's good players to work with. Pessimistic never get dissappointed tho, but i say it again realize what an talent you got in your system. Maybe it's easier to be optimistic because i live in finland, i get to see all of his games if i want. He has developed alot every year, if he has similar developement next year, it will be crazy. I wouldn't be happy if he ends up 70pt guy at his prime, he has so much talent to be much more.

thomast is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
  #61
Caior89
Registered User
 
Caior89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 353
I dont see wild fans pessimist about Granlund, in fact, when you see a trade proposal of 4 first rounders for him i think that pretty much speaks for itself.

Now about expectations, everyone is free to have one, some ppl like to keep it high, i like to keep it low. Homers fans can say all you want about the kid and he is pretty good i agree, but, until i see him in a NHL rink, 90pts+ is a hell of a bold prediction.

Caior89 is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 07:28 PM
  #62
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,305
vCash: 50
I'd be extremely happy with a career arc of something like 55pts-65-75-90-60 (injury)-85-80-80-70-70 trickle trickle trickle.

is that pessimistic of me?

rynryn is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 07:29 PM
  #63
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
I'm just hope he crushed the SM-Liiga next year and can make the jump to 2nd line center immediately.

Heatley and Granlund might be sick together. That would free up Koivu to play with Latendresse. The other team would never get the puck!

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
  #64
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
I'd be extremely happy with a career arc of something like 55pts-65-75-90-60 (injury)-85-80-80-70-70 trickle trickle trickle.

is that pessimistic of me?
Not at all, I think it's very optimistic yet realistic. I think most would be happy if he had a career along those lines.

I think his potential is higher and there's a good chance he could reach that potential, but that does not in any way make your projection pessimistic.

If I had to guess his career avg pts/season right now I'd also put it in the 70-80pt range, but I do think he can get higher than that. I HOPE to see 90+.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 02:51 AM
  #65
Spawnisen
Believe.
 
Spawnisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
I understand thomast your excitement, to be honest i'm just as excited as you, and I'm mvoing to Turku in the few days,so i'll finally be able to watch a few games with Granlund and HIFK!
The thing is, even if he is so talented right now, there is that little risk that he busts, AND IF HE DID, we would be devasted so i'd rather have the expectations low, and the hopes high

Spawnisen is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 03:44 AM
  #66
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I'm just hope he crushed the SM-Liiga next year and can make the jump to 2nd line center immediately.

Heatley and Granlund might be sick together. That would free up Koivu to play with Latendresse. The other team would never get the puck!
I don't expect him to win scoring race, there is player's who plays on pure offnsive role. If Granlund is healthy top 5 is good, with FEL MVP award and if their team wins it again FEL playoff's MVP. After that he should be center for finnish national team for WC at helsinki. 70pt prime would be like 60-60-70-70-60................... That's conservative IMO. But spawnisen is right, shouldn't expect too much and get disappointed, if he does better it would be nice suprise.

thomast is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
  #67
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,605
vCash: 500
Yay, we got a thread locked!

Jarick is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
  #68
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Yay, we got a thread locked!
And I don't think is was even our fault. Man, there are some irrational people on these boards.

Anyways, thank God it's over. Can we fade back into obscurity now?

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  #69
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
His numbers are special in national team and in FEL. He's already better offensively than Mikko Koivu and he's still developing. I understand being conservative but you guys should realize that Granlund is generational talent in finland. Most talented U-20 from finland ever, of course other players like selšnne developed like horse after that, but still. Has wild ever possessed a prospect pool like this? Granlund get's good players to work with. Pessimistic never get dissappointed tho, but i say it again realize what an talent you got in your system. Maybe it's easier to be optimistic because i live in finland, i get to see all of his games if i want. He has developed alot every year, if he has similar developement next year, it will be crazy. I wouldn't be happy if he ends up 70pt guy at his prime, he has so much talent to be much more.
generational talent is like 3rd-4th line player in NA, remember that.

EkiE is offline  
Old
08-26-2011, 06:42 PM
  #70
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,305
vCash: 50
i'd totally be a generational talent in Paraguay.

rynryn is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 12:14 AM
  #71
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 50
Hope to see a Stanley Cup version of this some day!


TaLoN is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 09:31 AM
  #72
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 710
Over on the prospects boardthey're discussing offensive upsides for prospects that have played 10 or less(including no) NHL games, and Granlund is regularly making the top 10 lists and in some cases making top three.

And Coyle even made a few lists, haha. I'm loving the Wild's future.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 09:33 AM
  #73
Granin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Live stream of HIFK's game against HC Slavia Praha http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/7...ch-ct4-tv.html

Mikael's playing with his brother Markus on the first line. I don't think they've played together on the same line before.

Granin is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
  #74
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granin View Post
Live stream of HIFK's game against HC Slavia Praha http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/7...ch-ct4-tv.html

Mikael's playing with his brother Markus on the first line. I don't think they've played together on the same line before.
Took me about five tries, but I finally got the video to go along with the audio(which was all I was getting for a while).

How long until the game actually starts?

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
  #75
tonttuzi
Registered User
 
tonttuzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Took me about five tries, but I finally got the video to go along with the audio(which was all I was getting for a while).

How long until the game actually starts?
game is on 1st intermission about 10mins until 2nd period

tonttuzi is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.