Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
I'm so excited for Granlund to come over, but I think most of us are keeping expectations low because if he doesn't pan out like we hope he does, then it's very disappointing. As of right now, the 2010 draft looks very, very good. Granlund was a top pick with our later 2nd rounders in Larsson and Zucker coming along nicely.

I'm hoping that Granlund will progress well this season and tear it up again in Finland, but I'd love to see him at a PPG or higher this year over there. I think it can and will happen.

I'd say his rookie season point totals will depend on where the Wild are at, how much time he spends in the AHL (if any), and what line he plays on. I'd think he would be inserted into the top 2 lines though. I wonder if he starts at wing to get acclimated to the NHL or starts at center. It will be fun to discuss that next offseason (and hopefully we won't have much time to think about it because of a long playoff run).

Old
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Does anyone of you know if Mikael will be playing on a line with Markus this season?

Old
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Up7Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Does anyone of you know if Mikael will be playing on a line with Markus this season?
Markus is basically the 3rd line center, and Mikael 1st line. Maybe occasionally on the PP

Old
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
heksagon

HIFK lost 3-2. Granlund's a bust!

Old
08-25-2011, 02:00 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Granlund sucks!!!!! Sell high! Sell high!!

Old
08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Granlund sucks!!!!! Sell high! Sell high!!
Impossible! He has no value!

Old
08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Is Ryder, Halak and a 2nd still an available option? If so, take it and don't look back!

Old
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Is Ryder, Halak and a 2nd still an available option? If so, take it and don't look back!
Oh the HF memes...

Old
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Ive seen mostly, projections in the range of 70-80pts at prime which isn't bad, but with that talent he should be better.
Minnesota has had three players in their history hit 70 points - it's hard to call that conservative for a prospect.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Minnesota has had three players in their history hit 70 points - it's hard to call that conservative for a prospect.
His numbers are special in national team and in FEL. He's already better offensively than Mikko Koivu and he's still developing. I understand being conservative but you guys should realize that Granlund is generational talent in finland. Most talented U-20 from finland ever, of course other players like selšnne developed like horse after that, but still. Has wild ever possessed a prospect pool like this? Granlund get's good players to work with. Pessimistic never get dissappointed tho, but i say it again realize what an talent you got in your system. Maybe it's easier to be optimistic because i live in finland, i get to see all of his games if i want. He has developed alot every year, if he has similar developement next year, it will be crazy. I wouldn't be happy if he ends up 70pt guy at his prime, he has so much talent to be much more.

Old
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
I dont see wild fans pessimist about Granlund, in fact, when you see a trade proposal of 4 first rounders for him i think that pretty much speaks for itself.

Now about expectations, everyone is free to have one, some ppl like to keep it high, i like to keep it low. Homers fans can say all you want about the kid and he is pretty good i agree, but, until i see him in a NHL rink, 90pts+ is a hell of a bold prediction.

Old
08-25-2011, 07:28 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

I'd be extremely happy with a career arc of something like 55pts-65-75-90-60 (injury)-85-80-80-70-70 trickle trickle trickle.

is that pessimistic of me?

Old
08-25-2011, 07:29 PM
nickschultzfan

I'm just hope he crushed the SM-Liiga next year and can make the jump to 2nd line center immediately.

Heatley and Granlund might be sick together. That would free up Koivu to play with Latendresse. The other team would never get the puck!

Old
08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
I'd be extremely happy with a career arc of something like 55pts-65-75-90-60 (injury)-85-80-80-70-70 trickle trickle trickle.

is that pessimistic of me?
Not at all, I think it's very optimistic yet realistic. I think most would be happy if he had a career along those lines.

I think his potential is higher and there's a good chance he could reach that potential, but that does not in any way make your projection pessimistic.

If I had to guess his career avg pts/season right now I'd also put it in the 70-80pt range, but I do think he can get higher than that. I HOPE to see 90+.

Old
08-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

I understand thomast your excitement, to be honest i'm just as excited as you, and I'm mvoing to Turku in the few days,so i'll finally be able to watch a few games with Granlund and HIFK!
The thing is, even if he is so talented right now, there is that little risk that he busts, AND IF HE DID, we would be devasted so i'd rather have the expectations low, and the hopes high

Old
08-26-2011, 03:44 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I'm just hope he crushed the SM-Liiga next year and can make the jump to 2nd line center immediately.

Heatley and Granlund might be sick together. That would free up Koivu to play with Latendresse. The other team would never get the puck!
I don't expect him to win scoring race, there is player's who plays on pure offnsive role. If Granlund is healthy top 5 is good, with FEL MVP award and if their team wins it again FEL playoff's MVP. After that he should be center for finnish national team for WC at helsinki. 70pt prime would be like 60-60-70-70-60................... That's conservative IMO. But spawnisen is right, shouldn't expect too much and get disappointed, if he does better it would be nice suprise.

Old
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yay, we got a thread locked!

Old
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Yay, we got a thread locked!
And I don't think is was even our fault. Man, there are some irrational people on these boards.

Anyways, thank God it's over. Can we fade back into obscurity now?

Old
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
EkiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
His numbers are special in national team and in FEL. He's already better offensively than Mikko Koivu and he's still developing. I understand being conservative but you guys should realize that Granlund is generational talent in finland. Most talented U-20 from finland ever, of course other players like selšnne developed like horse after that, but still. Has wild ever possessed a prospect pool like this? Granlund get's good players to work with. Pessimistic never get dissappointed tho, but i say it again realize what an talent you got in your system. Maybe it's easier to be optimistic because i live in finland, i get to see all of his games if i want. He has developed alot every year, if he has similar developement next year, it will be crazy. I wouldn't be happy if he ends up 70pt guy at his prime, he has so much talent to be much more.
generational talent is like 3rd-4th line player in NA, remember that.

Old
08-26-2011, 06:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i'd totally be a generational talent in Paraguay.

Old
08-27-2011, 12:14 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Hope to see a Stanley Cup version of this some day!

Old
08-27-2011, 09:31 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Over on the prospects boardthey're discussing offensive upsides for prospects that have played 10 or less(including no) NHL games, and Granlund is regularly making the top 10 lists and in some cases making top three.

And Coyle even made a few lists, haha. I'm loving the Wild's future.

Old
08-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Granin

Live stream of HIFK's game against HC Slavia Praha http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/7...ch-ct4-tv.html

Mikael's playing with his brother Markus on the first line. I don't think they've played together on the same line before.

Old
08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granin View Post
Live stream of HIFK's game against HC Slavia Praha http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/7...ch-ct4-tv.html

Mikael's playing with his brother Markus on the first line. I don't think they've played together on the same line before.
Took me about five tries, but I finally got the video to go along with the audio(which was all I was getting for a while).

How long until the game actually starts?

Old
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
tonttuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Took me about five tries, but I finally got the video to go along with the audio(which was all I was getting for a while).

How long until the game actually starts?
game is on 1st intermission about 10mins until 2nd period

Closed Thread