HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your favorite Preds moments that you have witnessed in person

Old
08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Was that the night Leggy got there about 15 minutes before the game because his wife had had a baby?

Hat trick nights (and stories) are usually pretty good.
http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20092010,2,321

Idk how to embed NHL.Com vids

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Sadly, I wasn't there for the first TV timeout ovation. I was at Johnius's house watching the game. I had told my boss that if we won I was taking the next day off because I wanted to watch the (I think) Edmonton game to see if we clinched.

Watching one of my favorites of all time, Forsberg, playing in a Nashville sweater, though him spending his last couple of minutes in the box kind of sucked.

My first NHL game in 1998. My dad was given suite tickets. It was awesome.

The first ovation I got to take part in. Game three of the play offs in 2008.

The title doesn't specify so I'm going to include the rally in 2007.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

2002 I think NSH vs. DET Lots of fights Got a free ticket 4rows from the glass

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
2002 I think NSH vs. DET Lots of fights Got a free ticket 4rows from the glass
This one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap/...ille-predators

That's the one where Yzerman and Chelios spent some time in the box. I had that as my screen saver for so long, part of Nashville Sports Authority burned into my monitor. I didn't care. ;-)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:26 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
This one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap/...ille-predators

That's the one where Yzerman and Chelios spent some time in the box. I had that as my screen saver for so long, part of Nashville Sports Authority burned into my monitor. I didn't care. ;-)

Yup. First game ever.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Watching one of my favorites of all time, Forsberg, playing in a Nashville sweater, though him spending his last couple of minutes in the box kind of sucked.
Talk about one of the most embarrassing ~2 mins...

Still a little upset at Nichol for that one.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

the chicago playoff series i think it was game 3 or 4, cant remember, but i went to the bathroom by 104/105 next to the water fountain and jersey mikes and waited in line with a room full of piss drunk hockey fans and i was next to 2 hawk fans with loud mouths. Finally a jacked preds fan turned around and clocked him right in the face then repeated with a few more. Probably the best bathroom trip ever, and btw this preds fana fter hitting him, waited in line took his piss and walked back to his seat despite the cops being outside the bathroom talking to the unfortunate hawks fan friend. noone was seriously hurt but it was probaly my favorite off ice moment.

on ice, Red Wings vs Preds game 3 2008

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
the chicago playoff series i think it was game 3 or 4, cant remember, but i went to the bathroom by 104/105 next to the water fountain and jersey mikes and waited in line with a room full of piss drunk hockey fans and i was next to 2 hawk fans with loud mouths. Finally a jacked preds fan turned around and clocked him right in the face then repeated with a few more. Probably the best bathroom trip ever, and btw this preds fana fter hitting him, waited in line took his piss and walked back to his seat despite the cops being outside the bathroom talking to the unfortunate hawks fan friend. noone was seriously hurt but it was probaly my favorite off ice moment.
Yeah, things always get a little 'weird' when I drink on xannies.

I'm better now.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
zellthemedic

Wow, I hate being here and seeing everyone talking about awesome stuff I wasn't around for.

My favorite? When Goc scored 52 seconds into the game vs the Blues. That was my first game, first goal, and what got me hooked onto hockey.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:46 AM
PredsChik

As previously mentioned:

Game 3 2008 playoffs. Favorite. Ever.

Game 6, Round 1 2011 playoffs

8-0 win against Detroit.

Not previously mentioned:

January 8, 2008- Preds beat the Penguins 5-3 after half the arena crowded around to watch Sidney Crosby warm up. All of a sudden, we had a new version of "Pred Wings" that jumped ship because the golden child was playing in our barn.
I had no idea Nashville had so many Penguins fans I sat in the lower bowl, Suter scored, and then of all people, Smithson scored while Cindy was on the ice to produce one of my favorite Pred pictures, I like to call it "Suck it Superstar"

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:08 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
As previously mentioned:

Game 3 2008 playoffs. Favorite. Ever.

Game 6, Round 1 2011 playoffs

8-0 win against Detroit.

Not previously mentioned:

January 8, 2008- Preds beat the Penguins 5-3 after half the arena crowded around to watch Sidney Crosby warm up. All of a sudden, we had a new version of "Pred Wings" that jumped ship because the golden child was playing in our barn.
I had no idea Nashville had so many Penguins fans I sat in the lower bowl, Suter scored, and then of all people, Smithson scored while Cindy was on the ice to produce one of my favorite Pred pictures, I like to call it "Suck it Superstar"

Great find, and werent we down by 3 at one point of that game?

Old
08-26-2011, 07:46 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Yeah, things always get a little 'weird' when I drink on xannies.

I'm better now.
it takes time, but anyone can come out of it. lol

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:36 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I like this topic...I wasn't really getting into hockey mode yet (it's still summer and it's so hot and football is starting) but reliving some of these games makes me want some hockey now!

Less than 3 weeks until rookie camp opens, and less than a week later main camp opens and then a few days later, preseason games!!

Thought of some more...

-I don't remember the year, but the night we beat Calgary 9-4. It was a tie game going into the third period.

-2002...The night Mike Dunham was traded to the Rangers. I remember listening to the pregame show and was excited we got Rem Murray and Tomas Kloucek and some other guy I just thought was a throw in to the deal (Zidlicky). But that was the night Vokoun officially became the #1 goalie. I remember everyone thought that was a big point in our history, we would either be really good or really bad with Vokoun.

Quote:
I loved this game (I thought about listing this game but it's a favorite for more non-pred reasons). My aunt was in town from PA and she was gloating when it was 3-0. Then once the Preds tied it and went ahead she got real quiet. But I remember it most because I got to talk to Max Talbot, it was about one sentence, he laughed, and it was awesome, lol.

Don't be surprised at the fans, it's like wherever the Pens go and you see it when the Steelers come to town . But seriously, be glad we're not in Columbus, it's a Pens home game ( seriously, watch this and remember it's IN Columbus ). I go down to the glass with my Pens stuff on, take tons of pictures and generally spaz out at them (I don't bang the glass and scream though, it's more of an "OhmyGod there's Talbot; OhmyGod there's Sid; etc). I wear Pens stuff for warmups but once the game starts I wear my Preds jersey. With a split allegiance I usually root for OT games. I remember (and it was like this the first time Ovechkin came to town, too) the people were crowded around the glass and you could hear people down the rows yelling "here he comes" and everyone would lean forward to see him (and Malkin) and would lean back once he passed by, lean forward, lean back, it was funny.

I also love this game because it was one that lead to the firing of Therrien and the hiring of Dan Bylsma, which propelled them on to win the Stanley Cup!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 01:47 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

I consider myself very lucky to have seen some of the great Preds moments considering I live 120 miles from the Home of the Preds:

1. The first TV timeout standing ovation
2. First home playoff game, sitting two rows behind Barney Tootoo
3. Sully's Natural Hatty
4. The night Tootoo got his Gordie Howe Hat Trick against the Blues

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 01:55 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I gotta add, there was this game a long time ago before the lockout. We won 1-0 in overtime, It was a goalie duel for 3 periods, but i forgot who it was we played.

Also if my memory is correct we won a game 1-0 against Det and the only goal was a Hamhuis blast.

I was pretty young for those games so I may be wrong about them, but those memories are stuck in my head and I wanna see if my youngin self absorbed the correct info.

Im lucky to have gone to so many games since day 1. Damn ive been to a **** ton. I can thank Goc Ya and Sk74 Snipes for a lot of those games.

Old
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I gotta add, there was this game a long time ago before the lockout. We won 1-0 in overtime, It was a goalie duel for 3 periods, but i forgot who it was we played.

Also if my memory is correct we won a game 1-0 against Det and the only goal was a Hamhuis blast.

I was pretty young for those games so I may be wrong about them, but those memories are stuck in my head and I wanna see if my youngin self absorbed the correct info.

Im lucky to have gone to so many games since day 1. Damn ive been to a **** ton. I can thank Goc Ya and Sk74 Snipes for a lot of those games.
The first one was against Boston and the GWG was shot by Cale Hulse. :-) http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?bcid=350213 (That was one of mine, too.)

The one against Detroit was probably 2003...Yep, here it is. I remember I moved upstairs to watch it with my son's hockey coach. He sat in the curve in the very front of his section and it was an awesome view. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxsco...ille-predators

Old
08-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
The first one was against Boston and the GWG was shot by Cale Hulse. :-) http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?bcid=350213 (That was one of mine, too.)

The one against Detroit was probably 2003...Yep, here it is. I remember I moved upstairs to watch it with my son's hockey coach. He sat in the curve in the very front of his section and it was an awesome view. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxsco...ille-predators
Wow my memory was correct! Thank you so much for finding those!! Those 2 games were so exciting. I cant believe how long ago they were. Im glad as a little lad I paid attention.

Old
09-03-2011, 02:07 AM
AEM6729

I love this thread. There have been so many good moments, it's impossible to name them all. But I think the top 3 for me are:

1. Getting past the first round in the playoffs this year and the crowd EXPLODING.
2. The first-ever standing O.
3. Our first-ever shutout, I think it was 2-0 against Phoenix, where Vokoun jumped up and down like a little girl as the buzzer sounded.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I love this thread. There have been so many good moments, it's impossible to name them all. But I think the top 3 for me are:

1. Getting past the first round in the playoffs this year and the crowd EXPLODING.
2. The first-ever standing O.
3. Our first-ever shutout, I think it was 2-0 against Phoenix, where Vokoun jumped up and down like a little girl as the buzzer sounded.
I'd forgotten about that one. Yeah, that was great. I loved Vokey--wish things had turned out better for him here.

Do you guys remember when we played Pittsburgh and just went nuts with scoring. It was early in Preds history but I'm not sure exactly when. Lemieux left the game--not sure if he was injured but I do know his back was bothering him. I didn't know the circumstances of his back pain at the time, so I thought we'd just chased him away with our great play. Felt bad later on when I found out how much he'd gone through just to play again, but at the time it was a GREAT GAME.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I assume the majority of people that posy here have been to a good bit of games. So what are your favorite moments you have witnessed at the Bridge?

Clinching the series at 2:28
I get chills from this vid 2:20 - 3:30... It is so raw and loud and emotional..

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Two years later I still say clinching the Anaheim series.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Two years later I still say clinching the Anaheim series.
no doubt.

everything that had been done previous was leading up to that moment. hopefully we'll see that moment eclipsed by something even better.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:07 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
no doubt.

everything that had been done previous was leading up to that moment. hopefully we'll see that moment eclipsed by something even better.
Exactly. It was 13 years of waiting at that point. And it's different for most of us then for fans of other teams. We have seen this team grow since it was a baby. We have been there cheering them on since the start. Going through all the firsts with this franchise. It's sentimental for us. Well for me at least. We get to experience a special, deep connection with this team. One that future Preds fans won't get to experience.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Legionnaire11

Maybe a little less popular now, but I was thinking about him today and this moment...

Opening night 2003 vs Anaheim. Jordin Tootoo's first game, there was a large contingent from Nunavut in the house, they were so excited. A bunch of them had gone shirtless and painted their bodies, they were carrying Nunavut flags and running around the arena waving them during stoppages in play.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Only a couple to pick from... But when we beat the Jets

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote