HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: Part XVIII (Preseason Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2011, 02:41 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Like others have said, I'll believe it when I see it. I can't give Cooke the benefit of the doubt here.

Why the sudden change of heart? I have a hard time believing it's because he genuinely feels bad, otherwise he would have changed his approach to hitting when he ended Savard's career. Was it the 17 game suspension? Perhaps he realizes that harsher discipline will be doled out now that Shanny is in charge and Campbell is no longer around to let him off the hook. Or maybe it's just a calculated PR move by the Pens, who are trying to save face after Crosby's concussion.
im sorry im not sorry, **** matt cooke

Old
08-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
im sorry im not sorry, **** matt cooke
**** him and Crosby, dirty players on a dirty team. The whole NHL poster boy talk is nonsense. In my experience the people who spend money going to games, buying jerseys, subscribing to season packages, etc are dedicated fans of their own teams first and foremost. Some percentage of them might be Crosby fans but I get a feeling a larger percentage can't stand the guy.

Pittsburgh is a division rival and the dirtiest team in Pennsylvania. Think about that. Consequently I have no sympathy for them.

Old
08-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
**** him and Crosby, dirty players on a dirty team. The whole NHL poster boy talk is nonsense. In my experience the people who spend money going to games, buying jerseys, subscribing to season packages, etc are dedicated fans of their own teams first and foremost. Some percentage of them might be Crosby fans but I get a feeling a larger percentage can't stand the guy.

Pittsburgh is a division rival and the dirtiest team in Pennsylvania. Think about that. Consequently I have no sympathy for them.
I agree, **** Pittsburgh. I have no sympathy for their players or their fans. It sucks that a guys career is in jeopardy, but I am not going to lose sleep over it. If Lundqvist or Callahan had a sudden career ending injury, Penguins fans would not give a ****

Old
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I agree, **** Pittsburgh. I have no sympathy for their players or their fans. It sucks that a guys career is in jeopardy, but I am not going to lose sleep over it. If Lundqvist or Callahan had a sudden career ending injury, Penguins fans would not give a ****
I dont have any sympathy for those bandwagon fans and their dirty players. We missed the playoffs for 7 straight seasons but still filled the Garden up every night pretty much. Before they had Crosby and Malkin the Melon Arena or whatever it was, was a ghost town. All the sudden they get crosby and people are coming out of the woodwork to watch games. Where were they when they were struggling? Such a word known as sympathy does not exist in my vocabulary when Pittsburgh is mentioned. Do I wish career ending injuries on anyone? NO because I played a sport in college with a tear in my shoulder and it sucked having to play hurt so I cant imagine how it would be to have an injury that would jeopardize a career. However, having said that I still dont feel bad for pittsburgh...karma.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Kershaw

Logan Couture signed a sweetheart contract, 2 years 2.75 in the 1st year, 3 mil in the 2nd year.

It may be one of the best bang for buck contracts in the league.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Logan Couture signed a sweetheart contract, 2 years 2.75 in the 1st year, 3 mil in the 2nd year.

It may be one of the best bang for buck contracts in the league.
Doug Wilson has had an excellent summer.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Doug Wilson has had an excellent summer.
Yea he signed both Burns and Couture to great deals.

All the while he was able to unload an arguably useless Heatley and get a very good player back.

Sharks have to be one of the favorites to come out of the West this year.

08-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Obviously besides the Rangers, i hope the Sharks win the cup this year

Brent Burns can bring all his pets on the ice Brian Boyle would just go insane

Old
08-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea he signed both Burns and Couture to great deals.

All the while he was able to unload an arguably useless Heatley and get a very good player back.

Sharks have to be one of the favorites to come out of the West this year.
I feel like people say this every year, but they never go the distance.

Old
08-27-2011, 01:05 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
I feel like people say this every year, but they never go the distance.
Yea, simply with the sheer amount of talent they have on their team they should always be there in contention.

However, previous years have seen players like Thornton, Marleau, and most recently Heatley struggling. They just happen to have one of their big guns always having a tough stretch come playoff time. That can't happen because they rely on them so greatly.

I think that now Thornton understands how to play in the playoffs, Marleau should hopefully be solid again, and now there is less pressure on Havlat then Heatley so he shouldn't have any problems doing well.

They also have one of the best defenses in the league.

The amount of sheer talent they have on the team should make them favorites every year, but something always happens to them.

Old
08-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea, simply with the sheer amount of talent they have on their team they should always be there in contention.

However, previous years have seen players like Thornton, Marleau, and most recently Heatley struggling. They just happen to have one of their big guns always having a tough stretch come playoff time. That can't happen because they rely on them so greatly.

I think that now Thornton understands how to play in the playoffs, Marleau should hopefully be solid again, and now there is less pressure on Havlat then Heatley so he shouldn't have any problems doing well.

They also have one of the best defenses in the league.

The amount of sheer talent they have on the team should make them favorites every year, but something always happens to them.
The Sharks have also had some bad luck in terms of PO match ups the last few years which must drive their fans mad... They are a good team running into some very hot teams in the West a few years in a row. This could be their year though as I don't see Van or Chi replicating their runs to the SC (it'll probably be Detroit instead)

Old
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'll believe it when I see it, I thought this sentence from the article was more telling:

A week after Cooke delivered what he said was an unintentional left elbow to McDonagh's head on March 20, Penguins teammate Jordan Staal said emphatically that Cooke "is not a monster like some people think."

If he can't admit that was a blatant intentional elbow hard to believe he is ready to change.

Old
08-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Kershaw

I hope Marc destroys Jordan next year. I never liked any of the Penguins players, maybe Gonchar and Orpik.

Old
08-28-2011, 04:48 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I lived in SJ for awhile & went to quite a few Sharks games. Great fanbase & a great place to catch a game. I always hope that they do well outside of beating NYR.

Pavelski is a WI hero IMO so I'd love to see him get the cup.

Old
08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
I lived in SJ for awhile & went to quite a few Sharks games. Great fanbase & a great place to catch a game. I always hope that they do well outside of beating NYR.

Pavelski is a WI hero IMO so I'd love to see him get the cup.
when is Pavelski an UFA?? is that in 2013 or 2014?? he is def a Torts player and would be a welcome addition to the Rangers... Pavelski is one of the most underrated players in the league....

Old
08-28-2011, 10:28 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
when is Pavelski an UFA?? is that in 2013 or 2014?? he is def a Torts player and would be a welcome addition to the Rangers... Pavelski is one of the most underrated players in the league....
By then we'll have our own Pavelski in Stepan.

Old
08-28-2011, 10:44 AM
eco's bones

Have to be honest. I can't really get excited about a team other than the Rangers winning the cup. There may be lesser evils--that's all.

Old
08-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Kershaw

I'm fine as long as it isn't the Devils or Islanders, than again I have nothing to worry about for now.

Old
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

I go with eco here. It's only Rangers for me

Old
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Have to be honest. I can't really get excited about a team other than the Rangers winning the cup. There may be lesser evils--that's all.
I agree

Old
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
I agree
Same here.

I may root for the lesser of 2 evils, but the Rangers winning is awesome.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I pretty much hate every team but the Rangers.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

A buddy of mine is a Flyers fan and he just told me that Bryz is a lot better then Lundqvist

Old
08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
A buddy of mine is a Flyers fan and he just told me that Bryz is a lot better then Lundqvist
I have a hard time believing that there are people out there who are that incredibly stupid. Show me any single benchmark that shows Bryzgalov being better than Lundqvist.... oh wait, there isn't one.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I have a hard time believing that there are people out there who are that incredibly stupid. Show me any single benchmark that shows Bryzgalov being better than Lundqvist.... oh wait, there isn't one.
I just called him an idiot and went on with my day

Closed Thread