HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Official Sens 2012 Draft Watch

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
operasen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
To the Gonchar discussion, if he does bounce back this season I think he can net a 1st round pick, Gonchar still has the talent to be a top 10-20 offensive defenseman in the league, teams will want that for the playoffs.
Absolutely. Michalek as well would help a team on the edge (better 1st rounder) and we seem to be pretty deep which forwards coming next year (Silfverberg as one)

Old
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
BK201

Ok guys I hear what your saying but, we are what less than 1 million over the salary floor with a full roster.

So for argument sake if we trade Gonchar we loose his cap hit of what 5.5 million?(is it still 5.5 near the end of the year does that effect anything?) so now were 4.5 under the floor I think and need a 4.5 million contract I just don't really see any body being moved without at bug contract coming back.

Old
07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Ok guys I hear what your saying but, we are what less than 1 million over the salary floor with a full roster.

So for argument sake if we trade Gonchar we loose his cap hit of what 5.5 million?(is it still 5.5 near the end of the year does that effect anything?) so now were 4.5 under the floor I think and need a 4.5 million contract I just don't really see any body being moved without at bug contract coming back.
It's calculated based on the days he's on the roster, so let's say he's here half the year, his cap hit is 2.75. We may need some but not the full salary.

Old
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
To the Gonchar discussion, if he does bounce back this season I think he can net a 1st round pick, Gonchar still has the talent to be a top 10-20 offensive defenseman in the league, teams will want that for the playoffs.
Yup, just look what Kaberle fetched. I could see a slightly less but similar return considering Gonchar is older and will have 1 more year on his contract.

A late 1st or a good prospect. If not, then might as well we keep him.

Old
08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Nice read on our future prospect:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374103

Old
08-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Sens Mile

ANyone have a CHL goaie we can keep an eye on for the draft? Lehners deveopment wi put him in the NHL at a minimum of 3 years so we shoud have a goale we can slip into Binghamton to develop so we can develop at every position.

I am a big boodine guy, maybe Subban with our Nashvile 3rd. Anyone else we should keep an eye on?

Old
08-20-2011, 07:47 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
ANyone have a CHL goaie we can keep an eye on for the draft? Lehners deveopment wi put him in the NHL at a minimum of 3 years so we shoud have a goale we can slip into Binghamton to develop so we can develop at every position.

I am a big boodine guy, maybe Subban with our Nashvile 3rd. Anyone else we should keep an eye on?
Subban is the obvious one but I'm curious to know more about this Daniel Altshuller kid who Dorion mentioned he liked what he saw at the Research/Development camp from him. He's an Ottawa boy and currently trying to decide whether to go the CHL/College route, I think he's currently property of the Belleville Bulls but with Subban already there I think he may get traded if he goes the OHL route (at least I've read a few rumors about that). He also made the U-18 at the Ivan Hlinka tourney.

Outside of that I've read a few good things about Francois Tremblay in Val-d'Or?

Old
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Subban is the obvious one but I'm curious to know more about this Daniel Altshuller kid who Dorion mentioned he liked what he saw at the Research/Development camp from him. He's an Ottawa boy and currently trying to decide whether to go the CHL/College route, I think he's currently property of the Belleville Bulls but with Subban already there I think he may get traded if he goes the OHL route (at least I've read a few rumors about that). He also made the U-18 at the Ivan Hlinka tourney.

Outside of that I've read a few good things about Francois Tremblay in Val-d'Or?
Intresting, strongly believe we need to add a CHL goatender for next year. Woud love if Subban fell to our Nashville 3rd

Old
08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I think Cody Ceci is gonna have a huge year for the 67s especially if he gets to QB the pp with Prince and Toffoli. I'm definatly a bigger fan of his then I was with Cuma and I loved Cuma for the 67s, I hope he can get over these injury issues and carve out an NHL career.

Old
08-26-2011, 08:33 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Alright, it's the offseason and don't mean to offend by bumping this, but here's a short video featuring Yakupov (skip to 2:15). He's been at the BioSteel camp with Gary Roberts and Matt Nichol. His hands are incredible.

Old
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Xspyrit

Stop dreaming of yakupov, we won't have him. Unless many things doesn't work this year (like the new coach, Anderson, health of key players, young guys don't have a positive impact,...) and we win the lottery

Anderson, Spezza, Karlsson, Alfredsson are game changers

Gonchar, Phillips, Michalek are veterans who can have an impact too

Rundblad, Cowen, Butler, Filatov (possibly Da Costa/Zibanejad and Petersson too) are unproven players but could have a huge impact considering their potential

Foligno, Smith, Winchester, Neil, Konopka, Carkner, Lee, Greening, Condra... are solid depht players

I don't think this team is a last place team in the NHL.

Many questions marks but the team success depends on those factors this season :

- Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson health
- Anderson and Auld SV%
- Progression of young players (Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Filatov, Butler, Greening, Condra, Foligno, Lee...)
- Peter Regin
- Coaching staff
- Kuba back to form or we replace him fast?
- Philips and Gonchar have to bounce back

The more of those factors goes right, the more we'll get closer to a playoff spot.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 08-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old
08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Stop dreaming of yakupov, we won't have him. Unless many things doesn't work this year (like the new coach, Anderson, health of key players, young guys don't have a positive impact,...) and we win the lottery

Rundblad, Cowen, Butler, Filatov (possibly Da Costa/Zibanejad and Petersson too) are unproven players but could have a huge impact considering their potential

Foligno, Smith, Winchester, Neil, Konopka, Carkner, Lee, Greening, Condra... are solid depht players

Many questions marks but the team success depends on those factors this season :

- Anderson and Auld SV%
- Progression of young players (Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Filatov, Butler, Greening, Condra, Foligno, Lee...)
- Peter Regin
- Coaching staff

The more of those factors goes right, the more we'll get closer to a playoff spot.
So, you're saying we're not allowed to discuss top end draft prospects and instead keep on listing off the many reasons this team could be super mediocre instead of just plain bad?

Old
08-26-2011, 12:24 PM
operasen

If we lose Spezza for 20+ games, we're lottery for sure. Funny how he is now the key. Wonder if Alfie goes down again if he gives Spezza the C for the time he's out.

Old
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:

- Anderson and Auld SV%
- Peter Regin
- Coaching staff

I know how rebuilds work. There are ups and downs, all those question marks can go either way. This is a draft discussion thread. I saw a video about a prospect and posted it to showcase the type of talent he is. I didn't mean to imply we should tank for him. I want our team to play extremely well and push for the playoffs; I've said this in every thread about tanking or playoff push/lottery pick etc. I would be content with getting a lottery pick, I would be a lot happier if the guys develop and we make the playoffs.

Old
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Manny*

Grigorenko registered three assists and scored the shootout winner in his first QMJHL game yesterday.

Between him, Yakupov, Murray, Ebert, Forsberg and Reinhart I'm sure we'll land a more than decent player.

Old
08-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
So, you're saying we're not allowed to discuss top end draft prospects and instead keep on listing off the many reasons this team could be super mediocre instead of just plain bad?
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. My point was that getting Yakupov is a pipe-dream, just like making the playoffs. Both could happen, but chances are low in both cases. I tried to demonstrate this with my post.

Sorry to interfere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I know how rebuilds work. There are ups and downs, all those question marks can go either way. This is a draft discussion thread. I saw a video about a prospect and posted it to showcase the type of talent he is. I didn't mean to imply we should tank for him. I want our team to play extremely well and push for the playoffs; I've said this in every thread about tanking or playoff push/lottery pick etc. I would be content with getting a lottery pick, I would be a lot happier if the guys develop and we make the playoffs.
Yep, really sorry about this. I wasn't picking on you. I actually didn't even notice who the poster was, I usually only look at the message.

It's just that I've seen so many times Yakupov being almost penciled on our line-up. But IMO it is a long reach, as much as the playoffs, if not more. Or we finish 4th or 5th last and win the lottery, which would be the best case scenario if we are to miss the playoffs.

Old
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. My point was that getting Yakupov is a pipe-dream, just like making the playoffs. Both could happen, but chances are low in both cases. I tried to demonstrate this with my post.

Sorry to interfere

Yep, really sorry about this. I wasn't picking on you. I actually didn't even notice who the poster was, I usually only look at the message.

It's just that I've seen so many times Yakupov being almost penciled on our line-up. But IMO it is a long reach, as much as the playoffs, if not more. Or we finish 4th or 5th last and win the lottery, which would be the best case scenario if we are to miss the playoffs.
It's all good. I just meant to throw up a hockey video to kill time during the offseason with relevant discussions haha.

I do agree that it's ridiculous to see people pencil him into the roster next year. We'll have no idea how good our team is until they hit the ice, and even then we won't know where we're drafting until, at earliest, the trade deadline. Fortunately, deep draft this year, so we'll get a great prospect either way.

Old
08-26-2011, 06:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Grigorenko registered three assists and scored the shootout winner in his first QMJHL game yesterday.

Between him, Yakupov, Murray, Ebert, Forsberg and Reinhart I'm sure we'll land a more than decent player.
Galchenyuk is very underrated. That guy has DIRTY hands plus his huge frame and amazing vision are great too.

I personally think Galchenyuk will explode next year giving Yakupov a run for the first pick.

Old
08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
bdp

I know the pessimists will say forget about Yakupov, but I really, really think this is our year.

If we get Yakupov or Grigorenko, somehow get our hands on another first, add to that a 2nd and two 3rds, I think this will be our best draft year ever, and the foundation for our future powerhouse team

Old
08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Slack for Yak!

Old
08-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
I know the pessimists will say forget about Yakupov, but I really, really think this is our year.

If we get Yakupov or Grigorenko, somehow get our hands on another first, add to that a 2nd and two 3rds, I think this will be our best draft year ever, and the foundation for our future powerhouse team
Piece of cake.

Old
08-26-2011, 06:58 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
Slack for Yak!
Fail for Nail.

Old
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
Fail for Mikhail.
Fixed.

Old
08-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
Fail for Nail.
Don't improve for Yakupove.

Good God, if we get him CPM better not call him Povie.

Old
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Piece of cake.
Cowen + Michalek.

Closed Thread