HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rookie/Training camp invitees (.Brodeur, J.McFadden, R.Gusse & P.DeSimone)

Old
08-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
DeSimone and MaxPac where on the same team

2006-07 Sioux City Musketeers USHL 60 21 42 63 119 20 7 4 6 10 10
For Max

and

2006-07 Sioux City Musketeers USHL 60 26 47 73 60 13 7 6 6 12 2
DeSimone

Mike The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 11:00 AM
7th Player

These are some interesting names for sure, never seen DeSimone play but hes has been progressing his production year after year in the NCAA.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 11:22 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Huh?

You seriously think Marcus Foligno will turn into a great NHLer?

He's not even a lock to make the NHL let alone be an NHL great. He projects as a 3rd liner, if everything goes well he could be a Lucic type who brings a physical element and can can play top 6 with skilled linemates and occasionally pot 20.
Not with his hands he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
These are some interesting names for sure, never seen DeSimone play but hes has been progressing his production year after year in the NCAA.
He actually seems quite promising. Got Player of the Year in the USHL when he played with Pacioretty. And I like how he's steadily improved in the NCAA each year, UNH is a good program.

"DeSimone is a speedy forward who has the skills to impress and leadership abilities both on and off the ice. His two-way play is a work in progress but he has begun to correct some of his shortcomings when it comes to positioning and defensive awareness. DeSimone sees the ice well and is more of a playmaker than a true sniper. He is patient with with the puck and has good hockey sense when it comes to creating scoring chances."

Hockey sense, playmaking ability, speed, leadership.. and sounds like he's working on improving the other aspects of his game.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 08-26-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: merged
RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
He actually seems quite promising. Got Player of the Year in the USHL when he played with Pacioretty. And I like how he's steadily improved in the NCAA each year, UNH is a good program.

"DeSimone is a speedy forward who has the skills to impress and leadership abilities both on and off the ice. His two-way play is a work in progress but he has begun to correct some of his shortcomings when it comes to positioning and defensive awareness. DeSimone sees the ice well and is more of a playmaker than a true sniper. He is patient with with the puck and has good hockey sense when it comes to creating scoring chances."

Hockey sense, playmaking ability, speed, leadership.. and sounds like he's working on improving the other aspects of his game.
Usually its the type of things young players have to work on anyway but I like his description overall.

Even McFadden is an intriguing one too with his 72 points!

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Roulin

Report from a game this March:

#4 - Josh McFadden (Draft eligible in 2011, but 1991 born)
The move to Sudbury has definitely allowed McFadden to blossom as an offensive defenseman. He's had a fantastic season. At times he can leave a little bit to be desired defensively and he takes a lot of liberties with the puck, BUT he can play defense and I think he has the potential to reign things in a bit. He actually looked good today. Showed speed and poise when bringing the puck up and was definitely a dangerous player (maybe Sudbury's most dangerous on the day). I'd be surprised if he wasn't drafted this year, quite frankly. Tony DeHart was drafted last year after a breakout season, and McFadden is a better player (and prospect) than him (IMO).

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...jors-from.html

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

As you know, I would have had a whole lot of other names in there for our upcoming camps. But I have to admit. This is amongst the best group of invitees we had since a long time. Might not come to anything but it is really interesting and I do see guys like McFadden be Dog material in a not so distant future.

I always like DiSimone so it's great to see him. I was perplexed as far as his lack of improvement though over the years but as an invitee, it's really interesting.

As far as goaltending, this is where it might be problematic. I wish we'd be a little more aggressive though having Aaron Dell over in the last camp, was some great news. I hope we keep in touch with him real close. Again, I was all for a Brad Thiessen signing, we didn't, the Pens did and look at his AHL Season last year. There are some interesting candidates in the NCAA as far as overall players but also goaltending. And it's not our strength to say the least.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Andy

I find it interesting that Gauthier is a lot more pro-active in signing Euro/College FA and camp invites.

There are ways to improve your talent pool at the prospect level without resorting solely to the draft and I'm glad Gauthier realizes this...KUDOS!

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 04:10 PM
HABitual Fan

As far as invitees go, the list is actually decent. Does anyone know why Guillaume Asselin's stock dropped so dramatically in the Q, he went from a guy that was talked about a lot as a prospect, to a player not even drafted? His stats seemed great last season.

Guillaume Asselin
Right Wing
Born Sep 9 1992 -- Quebec, PQ
Height 5.10 -- Weight 171 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09 Montreal Juniors QMJHL 63 18 19 37 37 10 4 2 6 2
2009-10 Montreal Juniors QMJHL 66 19 23 42 37 7 1 6 7 6
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 66 35 47 82 39 4 1 0 1 0

I didn't even see on the thread for invitees on the main board that he even got an invite.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
As far as invitees go, the list is actually decent. Does anyone know why Guillaume Asselin's stock dropped so dramatically in the Q, he went from a guy that was talked about a lot as a prospect, to a player not even drafted? His stats seemed great last season.

Guillaume Asselin
Right Wing
Born Sep 9 1992 -- Quebec, PQ
Height 5.10 -- Weight 171 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09 Montreal Juniors QMJHL 63 18 19 37 37 10 4 2 6 2
2009-10 Montreal Juniors QMJHL 66 19 23 42 37 7 1 6 7 6
2010-11 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 66 35 47 82 39 4 1 0 1 0

I didn't even see on the thread for invitees on the main board that he even got an invite.
The numbers you cite seem to project to a small 9-goal scorer (at best). Why waste a contract on him?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
VanNistelrooy

Asselin's knock is that he is small and have average skating. Those are issues that don't forgive.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote